PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see in the National Championship game now?

Team Perkis
11/7/2010, 10:35 PM
Ok, let's face it: OU is done in terms of competing for the BCS National Championship game. There's a chance for a BCS game if the chips fall into place, but that's down the road.

Who would you (realistically) like to see play in the championship game?

Collier11
11/7/2010, 10:36 PM
Auburn vs TCU

F Boise, F Oregon...I want to see a great Off vs a Great Def

Team Perkis
11/7/2010, 10:37 PM
Auburn vs TCU

F Boise, F Oregon...I want to see a great Off vs a Great Def

This is my hopeful matchup as well. It'd be cool to see a Big XII guy succeed as a head coach in Auburn, and I just like TCU.

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 10:38 PM
TCU vs Boise State.

Totally screw up the system. :D

TXBOOMER
11/7/2010, 10:38 PM
Boise & Auburn or Duck

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 10:39 PM
TCU Vs Oregon. See how TCU's defense matches with UO's offense.

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 10:40 PM
Boise & Auburn or Duck

Boise won't make it...unless TCU loses.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 10:41 PM
Since it's not OU, it's sort of hard to care too much. I guess looking at the fallout afterwards, which would be least tolerable? I guess for me seeing LSU raise the crystal ball a 3rd! time and having all those other SEC fans chanting about the conference would be most displeasing.

EDIT: to be more positive, I wouldn't mind TCU or BSU vs. UO or Auburn. At least Auburn would be a *different* SEC team.

boomermagic
11/7/2010, 10:41 PM
TCU Vs Oregon

Team Perkis
11/7/2010, 10:42 PM
Since it's not OU, it's sort of hard to care too much. I guess looking at the fallout afterwards, which would be least tolerable? I guess for me seeing LSU raise the crystal ball a 3rd! time and having all those other SEC fans chanting about the conference would be most displeasing.

F Les Miles

agoo758
11/7/2010, 10:43 PM
TCU vs. Oregon. If Auburn loses, that is what it's going to be.

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 10:44 PM
F Les Miles

Exactly.

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 10:44 PM

LSU is gonna need lots of help to get in.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 10:47 PM

Yes, and thank goodness. That $200k for Cam Newton at least accomplished something :D. Did I say that? oops.

tcrb
11/7/2010, 10:49 PM
If it aint OU, I dont give a sheet.

BigRed47
11/7/2010, 10:49 PM
I think an Oregon-TCU matchup would be interesting. TCU has a pretty good offense to go with that terrific defense. Oregon may have the best offense but their defense has given up some points to good offensive teams. They say defense wins championships. Lets see if that is true with TCU.

2nd question. Who would you like to see Boise play in a BCS bowl? Personally I'd like to see them matchup with Auburn in the Sugar Bowl. If they could beat the SEC Champion then I'll give them all the props.

SoonerLB
11/7/2010, 10:51 PM
TCU vs Oregon, I don't don't wanna hear any crap about how mighty the SEC is for the entire off season. Oh, and the horned froggies win! :)

And yeah, Boise knocking off Auburn would be a bonus, even if it is Boise.

Team Perkis
11/7/2010, 10:52 PM
I think an Oregon-TCU matchup would be interesting. TCU has a pretty good offense to go with that terrific defense. Oregon may have the best offense but their defense has given up some points to good offensive teams. They say defense wins championships. Lets see if that is true with TCU.

2nd question. Who would you like to see Boise play in a BCS bowl? Personally I'd like to see them matchup with Auburn in the Sugar Bowl. If they could beat the SEC Champion then I'll give them all the props.

I want Boise to play a representative from the Pac 10, Big XII, SEC, or Big 10. None of this Big East/ACC crap.

Of course, if Auburn/Oregon win out, we're just going to see another TCU/BSU rematch, which is nonsense.

Team Perkis
11/7/2010, 10:52 PM

It's possible to be a fan of college football and have some interest in other programs without proclaiming to be a fan and on the bandwagon.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 10:53 PM
Of course, if Auburn/Oregon win out, we're just going to see another TCU/BSU rematch, which is nonsense.

I'm with you on that. It was a cop-out last year and would be a travesty this year.

soonersweetie
11/7/2010, 10:57 PM
TCU vs Oregon with TCU winning

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 10:57 PM
Lol TCU and BSU have played in two consecutive bowls already. No more!

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 11:03 PM
It's possible to be a fan of college football and have some interest in other programs without proclaiming to be a fan and on the bandwagon.

There are other Programs ?:confused:

Team Perkis
11/7/2010, 11:04 PM
There are other Programs ?:confused:3 or 4, yes.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 11:05 PM
There are other Programs ?:confused:

The players get bored with scrimmaging.

misplaced_sooner
11/7/2010, 11:08 PM
I'm hoping for a Horned Frogs national title this year.

Collier11
11/7/2010, 11:09 PM

there has to be a game you would enjoy more than any other, it sucks that OU isnt gonna be there but im realistic and realize that we wont play for the natl title every year, therefore if we dont make it I dont let it ruin the entire season for me.

I love OU football and I love college football, try to watch as many games as possible

tcrb
11/7/2010, 11:10 PM

You obviously missed the spirit of my post. Try a reading comprehension class.

And who just climbed onto the bandwagon with 16 posts?

Collier11
11/7/2010, 11:12 PM

^ That is idiotic first of all, just wanted to point it out...Since when does the length of your stay on a message board or your post count determine how much of a fan you are?

If that is the case, you have been around for less than a month, I guess you suck too, lol

Team Perkis

Ha, OU fandom requires a deep post history on SoonerFans.com? I graduated from OU this past May.

olevetonahill
3 or 4, yes.

Now yer just making shat up aint ya.

Iam4OUru
11/7/2010, 11:13 PM
TCU vs Oregon.

F*** the SEC!:mad:

tcrb
11/7/2010, 11:14 PM
there has to be a game you would enjoy more than any other, it sucks that OU isnt gonna be there but im realistic and realize that we wont play for the natl title every year, therefore if we dont make it I dont let it ruin the entire season for me.

I love OU football and I love college football, try to watch as many games as possible

There's not really any matchup that I'd prefer to see over any other this year. Dont get me wrong, I'll watch every bowl game I can, and especially the NC game. But of the teams that are still in the hunt, I really could not care less as to who squares off for the crystal. I dont really like any of them. :pop:

Team Perkis
11/7/2010, 11:15 PM
Now yer just making shat up aint ya.
It's true, I've done studies.

Collier11
11/7/2010, 11:16 PM
VET tried to march to Washington when he realized there were other schools with the initials of OU...he got tired and thirsty before he made it though

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 11:17 PM
It's true, I've done studies.

I dont believe ya, Yer just one of those young kids thats good with a Puter and tryin to confuse me.:eek:

Team Perkis
11/7/2010, 11:17 PM
I dont believe ya, Yer just one of those young kids thats good with a Puter and tryin to confuse me.:eek:

I ain't tryin notin.

tcrb
11/7/2010, 11:18 PM
Ha, OU fandom requires a deep post history on SoonerFans.com? I graduated from OU this past May.

Graduating from OU makes you a fan? Maybe I should let my colleague at work know about that. He's a 1980 OU grad, but he's a "fan" of aTm.

And since you asked, post count has nothing to do with fandom, but it is sometimes an indicator of "bandwagon fandom" or worse yet, a troll.

Team Perkis
11/7/2010, 11:19 PM
Graduating from OU makes you a fan? Maybe I should let my colleague at work know about that. He's a 1980 OU grad, but he's a "fan" of aTm.

And since you asked, post count has nothing to do with fandom, but it is sometimes an indicator of "bandwagon fandom" or worse yet, a troll.

QTS

tcrb
11/7/2010, 11:22 PM
Apologies to the OP for my part regarding the hijack of this thread.

Carry on.

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 11:27 PM
I ain't tryin notin.

You better not be, Ima keep an eye on ya just in case ;)
http://www.onlineweblibrary.com/news/lookingeye.jpg

Collier11
11/7/2010, 11:28 PM
isnt that a womans eye?

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 11:33 PM
isnt that a womans eye?

Hell if I know, but its watchin him .;)

Tigeman
11/7/2010, 11:42 PM
You don't want Auburn to win! Trust me! Their fans have been kept in check in recent years, but they are the SEC Aggy!

Ask the Bama fans. I realize they are rivals so it's hard to get a non-biased answer from Bama, but most the Bama fans, as we know, are alot like us. You can get a straight forward answer from them if you ask them point blank. I'm telling you, you don't want that!

Besides, Phuck them cheating a$$hats! Eff them in the A! They stole Cam from us, and cheated to do it! Besides they are a one man team and their fans won't even admit, that just pisses me off! There's no problem w/ it, just freaking admit it!

I'd like to see TCU in the big dance! I really really don't want Oregon or Boise in that game, but it's better than another Effin SEC team if you ask me.

Iam4OUru
11/7/2010, 11:46 PM
You don't want Auburn to win! Trust me! Their fans have been kept in check in recent years, but they are the SEC Aggy!

Ask the Bama fans. I realize they are rivals so it's hard to non-biased answer from Bama, but most the Bama fans, as we know, are alot like us. You can get a straight forward answer from them if you ask them point blank. I'm telling you, you don't want that!

Besides, Phuck them cheating a$$hats! Eff them in the A! They stole Cam from us, and cheated to do it! Besides they are a one man team and their fans won't even admit, that just pisses me off! There's no problem w/ it, just freaking admit it!

I'd like to see TCU in the big dance! I really really don't want Oregon or Boise in that game, but it's better than another Effin SEC team if you ask me.

I agree

Okie35
11/8/2010, 12:07 AM
TCU rape Oregon.

SOONER44EVER
11/8/2010, 01:28 AM

ESPN helped them a few years ago

ouduckhunter
11/8/2010, 01:28 AM
Anybody, but the Mother Duckers!

I cannot tolerate them under the best of conditions. If they make it to the big game....oh god, I shudder to think how inflated their egos and attitudes will be! Will some team/teams please step up and save me from this agony!!

CrimsonRez
11/8/2010, 04:33 AM
^ That is idiotic first of all, just wanted to point it out...Since when does the length of your stay on a message board or your post count determine how much of a fan you are?

If that is the case, you have been around for less than a month, I guess you suck too, lol

^ dats sum gud suff!!!!

CrimsonRez
11/8/2010, 04:34 AM
You better not be, Ima keep an eye on ya just in case ;)
http://www.onlineweblibrary.com/news/lookingeye.jpg

Vet, those are some beautiful eyes (no homo) :D

Crucifax Autumn
11/8/2010, 04:58 AM
Surprisingly clear.

Piware
11/8/2010, 07:54 AM
Auburn vs. Oregon

Breadburner
11/8/2010, 08:20 AM
More than likely its going to be 2 teams we hate equally.....

TUSooner
11/8/2010, 09:18 AM

Really. I'll figure out someone to be for when the time comes, but I can't get excited about any team except OU.

TUSooner
11/8/2010, 09:19 AM
More than likely its going to be 2 teams we hate equally.....

LSU vs Boise ? <gag> :eek:

setem
11/8/2010, 10:00 AM
OU
OU
OU
OU
OU
OU
OU

If it is not OU I could care less!

A BCS game is not that long of a shot BTW. We win the Big XII we are in the fiesta. Snack on that for lunch!

BoomerJack
11/8/2010, 10:44 AM
I think if TCU were in the game vs. anybody I might actually set aside the evening and watch it. If they aren't I probably won't give a flying wombat $%&*.

Okie35
11/8/2010, 10:56 AM
ESPN helped them a few years ago

Because they made it to the SEC championship game and won. They won't this year. They'll get treated like Georgia did that same year (2007).