PDA

View Full Version : A bit of optimism.

Rocko
11/7/2010, 10:12 PM
While I'm by no means writing this season off, I think it's always healthy to have a little perspective.

We are an extremely young team. I know, this has been reiterated at least a thousand times throughout the season, but I feel as if we have lost sight of these after our two losses. Correct me if I'm wrong but do we not play 16 freshmen on both sides of the ball? They are receiving vital playing time and experience this season, which will play dividends in seasons to come.

Lets stay positive, we're such a spoiled fanbase, and its showing big time right now.

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 10:15 PM
We really need to get these guys the BIG game experience this year. We really need to make a push for a BCS game, that would be great.

Collier11
11/7/2010, 10:29 PM
We need to rally like we did at the end of last season and show that we are getting better. Wouldnt it be great to pull it together and end osu's dream season in stilly :D

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 10:30 PM
We need to rally like we did at the end of last season and show that we are getting better. Wouldnt it be great to pull it together and end osu's dream season in stilly :D

AGAIN :D

TXBOOMER
11/7/2010, 10:34 PM
Every game is BIG. How are we spoiled? Believe me...Stoops does not like losing both road conference games we've played thus far. Especially against inferior talent. I doubt he is pumping sunshine about the future. Until this team proves they can execute on the road they are next year run at a national championship. They are trying to recruit 20 more that can make an impact for next years team.

itsok
11/7/2010, 10:42 PM
I agree...we have a young team...we have made mistakes on the road, a few plays here and there and we win, like we did during the first half of the season. If we play better from now on, we might run the table. Im staying positive, we have gone thru a lot worse than this in the past.

cleller
11/8/2010, 08:24 AM

I'll stay optimistic, but being cast into the role of a spoiler for OSU rankles me.

SCSooner71
11/8/2010, 09:15 AM
A 12-2 season is still possible...which would mean beating Nebraska in the Big 12 champ. and a bcs bowl win. Let's get it done!!!!

FriscoTXsooner
11/8/2010, 10:30 AM
Although I was really pissed by the performance of the offensive line, the play calling probably as a result of the offensive line, and simply a lack luster performance on both sides of the ball, with the exception of the 3rd quarter where we started to come back, and then let it get a way again, I still think we can get to the Big XII Championship game, but it will take several things:

1 - the defense needs to step up and be what we thought it would be at the beginning of the year. So far we have had little if no pressure from the front 4, The secondary has fallen a sleep several times, and that is just a momentum crusher.
2 - We have to have consistency from landry Jones - I don't know what it is, but it doesn't make sense that you can have a great game at home and then lay an egg on the road, it must be a mental thing, that the coaches have to address.
3 - Play calling - first I'm not an OC, but as a arm chair coach - I still don't understand the play calling in the red zone? and our inability to score from the 1 yard line, not once but twice, simply shows **** poor execution, and **** poor coaching - sorry hate to say it but it's true. This offensive line has had almost 2 years to come together as a unit, two weeks ago, they did a good job, this week, it looked like it was their first game together.

OK so why am I optimistic - simply put I drank the cool-aid, and will always believe in Sooner Magic - We control our own destiny now, if we want a BCS bowl game, we'll have to prove how bad we want it, and that means going into Stillwater and putting a smack-down on the pokes! No back door by hoping the other teams in the Big XII south lose, we need to sack up and play the way we have been designed to play - this is Sooner football, and that means pure domination!! Let's get it done! and get ready for a National Championship next year!!!

Sooner Brewcrew
11/8/2010, 10:36 AM
The season could still turn out decent if we are able to run the table. Stillwater is going to be a tough win though. It's really ashame that the players have obviously bought into this myth that they cannot play well in road games and that has to be adressed and dealt with before this team can move foreward.