PDA

View Full Version : We Win Out

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 09:25 PM
I would hate to have some of you on my team if I played.

Enough of this boo-hoo, poor us, we're doomed crap. C'mon, gather up your faith and confidence. We are going to beat Tech like a drum and then pull it together against Baylor. With that confidence, we beat OSU on their own field.

And that's all there is to it.

lasooner123
11/7/2010, 09:26 PM
then we pull it together and go undefeated the next 4 yrs and win the next 4 championships

Boomer.....
11/7/2010, 09:27 PM
I all honestly, that game meant nothing. We still control our own destiny and can get to a BCS bowl. Not saying we will, but we could.

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 09:28 PM
I all honestly, that game meant nothing

:gary:

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 09:31 PM
then we pull it together and go undefeated the next 4 yrs and win the next 4 championships

Okay, let's not push it. :D

85sooners
11/7/2010, 09:32 PM
I all honestly, that game meant nothing.

:eek: :eek:

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 09:36 PM
If our goal is to win the conference title and we win out, he's right.

ocsooner
11/7/2010, 09:36 PM
I all honestly, that game meant nothing. We still control our own destiny and can get to a BCS bowl. Not saying we will, but we could.

Yes, a BCS game is in the cards still. If we put the sheep humpers in their place, Tech is Tech in Norman, and make sure that Baylor remains... well... Baylor, we should be in the Big 12 game. It looks like Nebbish is the team that will be there (I think??), and we can still give them a fitting sendoff with a big black boot mark on their backsides. That's an automatic bid.

I just hope that when we get there it isn't a Blue Field State, or someone else with their game of the centruy against a perenial powerhouse (while we yawn).

I'm looking forward to ending the season with a win again. That makes the spring and summer quite enjoyable.

With that much sunshine up your butt, you shouldn't be able to sleep tonight because it's so bright behind your eyelids.

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 09:41 PM
If our goal is to win the conference title and we win out, he's right.

No he isn't.

btb916
11/7/2010, 10:02 PM
That game meant a lot.

It may not keep us from reaching our goal of a conf. championship...but it still was very meaningful.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 10:08 PM
Game meant nothing?! Ha! I have copyrights on that thread, you'll be hearing from my attorney.

But seriously, the aTm game is soooo yesterday. We have the pokes right where we want 'em :D

OU_Sooners75
11/7/2010, 10:13 PM
When we can do better than a loss on the road. When we can do better than 4-7 on the road with this team, then maybe, just maybe, we would have something to be confident for.

We have mopped the floor with lesser opponents in Norman. However, we have been gettting mopped by lesser opponents away from Norman.

I have not lost confidence in Stoops, just a certain couple of coaches.

TrophyCollector
11/7/2010, 10:25 PM

We DO NOT control our own destiny and that is why the game DID matter.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 10:27 PM
Does anyone really control their own destiny in the grand, cosmic scheme of all things?

Sooner98
11/7/2010, 10:35 PM
I would hate to have some of you on my team if I played.

Enough of this boo-hoo, poor us, we're doomed crap. C'mon, gather up your faith and confidence. We are going to beat Tech like a drum and then pull it together against Baylor. With that confidence, we beat OSU on their own field.

And that's all there is to it.

Has the lack of confidence of fans on an internet message board ever actually affected the outcome of a football game?

agoo758
11/7/2010, 10:46 PM
Okay, let's not push it. :D

You're afraid to push it? Id hate for you to play on MY team. :D

Let's do it, 3 against the ess see sea and one against the potatoes!

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 10:49 PM
You're afraid to push it? Id hate for you to play on MY team. :D

Let's do it, 3 against the ess see sea and one against the potatoes!

Have you forgotten your coaching cliches? Lets take this one MNC at a time...

agoo758
11/7/2010, 10:52 PM
Have you forgotten your coaching cliches? Lets take this one MNC at a time...

I prefer my MNC's in groups.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 10:56 PM
I prefer my MNC's in groups.

Same way I like my women.

Octavian
11/7/2010, 10:58 PM
Obviously we'll have to play better on the road...but it's still very possible.

10-2 would be a helluva good regular season, everything considered. The talent is there. And playing Nebraska in the last Big XII CCG would be special.

Win another one in Norman, beat Baylor in Waco...and then go to Stillwater. They're riding high right now...but Gundy is still 0-9 against us lifetime. We'll be ready to play them.

Hope we regroup and get it done.

OU_Sooners75
11/7/2010, 11:03 PM
Obviously we'll have to play better on the road...but it's still very possible.

10-2 would be a helluva good regular season, everything considered. The talent is there. And playing Nebraska in the last Big XII CCG would be special.

Win another one in Norman, beat Baylor in Waco...and then go to Stillwater. They're riding high right now...but Gundy is still 0-9 against us lifetime. We'll be ready to play them.

Hope we regroup and get it done.

It is not just about playing better.

yes, the team can definitely give a better effort in the 4th this year. But when you fail at 3 goal lines from inside the 3, because our play caller is sending in plays up the gut every time, and you come away with 0 points..that is not a players needing to play better. That is a coaching blunder!

misplaced_sooner
11/7/2010, 11:13 PM
Pretty optomistic given our road record and considering we have 2 of 3 on the road. It is certainly possible, but I wouldn't put my paycheck on it. I was hoping to see a Landry Jones career defining comeback at AM but....

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 11:37 PM
When we can do better than a loss on the road. When we can do better than 4-7 on the road with this team, then maybe, just maybe, we would have something to be confident for.

You played football? Deer lord.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 11:38 PM
Has the lack of confidence of fans on an internet message board ever actually affected the outcome of a football game?

Never claimed otherwise.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 11:45 PM

NOTHING? Hmmmmmmmmm.

OU_Sooners75
11/8/2010, 12:03 AM
You played football? Deer lord.

"Deer lord", What is that? You some type of druid or something?

Yes, I played, but Im not sure what that has to do with this conversation.

OU has lost a bunch of away games under stoops. More than half of those on the road losses have come when Kevin Wilson has been OC. Same when it comes to BV.

In other words....if OU can prove that they can win on the road with more consistency then maybe that confidence will come back.

I said it earlier. I think we will be fine...but I am not comfortable with our remaining schedule....especially since only 1 of the 3 remaining games is in Norman.

OUDizzle
11/8/2010, 12:07 AM
It's cause we say "home of the Sooner" at home games, bro.

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2010, 12:08 AM
"Deer lord", What is that? You some type of druid or something?

Obviously you didn't post during the old usenet day.

Okie35
11/8/2010, 12:09 AM
Depending on how good we look against Baylor will be how i feel going into the OSU game. I think its possible to win out but it won't be easy.

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2010, 12:09 AM
It's cause we say "home of the Sooner" at home games, bro.

Naaah, it's because we don't haze our incoming freshmen correctly. How can you build good teamwork without good hazing. :rolleyes:

OU_Sooners75
11/8/2010, 12:12 AM
Obviously you didn't post during the old usenet day.

Is it that obvious, or should I ask what the **** usenet was? ;)

OUDizzle
11/8/2010, 12:13 AM
Naaah, it's because we don't haze our incoming freshmen correctly. How can you build good teamwork without good hazing. :rolleyes:

Thank Sigma Chi for killing a dude and making it a dry campus in '04.

MR2-Sooner86
11/8/2010, 12:14 AM
We are going to beat Tech like a drum and then pull it together against Baylor. With that confidence, we beat OSU on their own field.

Or do we...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Burninmaphone/Gifs/frystare.gif

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2010, 12:15 AM
Thank Sigma Chi for killing a dude and making it a dry campus in '04.

Sigma Chi killed a dude? That's some pretty hefty hazing. Sigma Chi must have the best teamwork in all of Greekdom.

Octavian
11/8/2010, 12:15 AM
It is not just about playing better.

yes, the team can definitely give a better effort in the 4th this year. But when you fail at 3 goal lines from inside the 3, because our play caller is sending in plays up the gut every time, and you come away with 0 points..that is not a players needing to play better. That is a coaching blunder!

Yeah, I don't disagree with that.

Just sayin'....10-2 isn't some irrational possibility. We're certainly capable of beating Tech in Norman and Baylor at Floyd Casey.

That would push us up to 9-2 going into the OSU game...which will obviously be a damn tough game. But we've seen this movie before. It can be done.

OUDizzle
11/8/2010, 12:17 AM
Sigma Chi killed a dude? That's some pretty hefty hazing. Sigma Chi must have the best teamwork in all of Greekdom.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6712195/

I'm sure some of you wont watch this cause MSNBC is for liberal puss-fags.

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2010, 12:26 AM
In the University of Oklahoma student union, students cram for their final exams. But their big test comes next semester when the university bans alcohol everywhere on campus.

We must have nothing but alcoholics on campus if banning booze is a "big test."

OU_Sooners75
11/8/2010, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I don't disagree with that.

Just sayin'....10-2 isn't some irrational possibility. We're certainly capable of beating Tech in Norman and Baylor at Floyd Casey.

That would push us up to 9-2 going into the OSU game...which will obviously be a damn tough game. But we've seen this movie before. It can be done.

There is no question about that.

I think it will happen. I never really doubt our Sooners, but at the same time, when I sit back and think about the past, we have had a lot of coaching blunders on the road...and it seems to be shining brightly this year.

BV and his defense did a damn good job against Florida in 2008-2009. KW made some very iffy calls, even though I do know some players could have done better.

This year and last year, it seems KW has very little confidence in Jones to run our offense wide out. Maybe it is the oline....or maybe it is KW himself when it comes to the road games?

In every loss, players can do better. But not every loss is on the players alone. The coaches have got to give them the tools (preparedness, plays, audibles, etc) to win games as well.

Was that snap over Jone's head the coaches? Not at all. Was the missed field goal? Nope! What about the 3 times we got inside the 5 and failed to score because we decided to run the same damn play 11 out of 12 plays inside the 5, is that the coaches or players? Coaches!

We all know this. But it seems so many fans, and some of them I have actually met and think are great people, do not like to call it how it is.

Sorry for rambling...I am coming out of the being upset of the loss....

Anyway, yes it is possible, but the only way we are going to win out is by our team (coaches included) come out each game ready to play with a solid game plan. We need our players to not worry about getting down early and just continue to do what they have to do to win the game.

We need our coaches to run their game plan. If it is not working, then they need to change it. if that doesnt work, then they need to change that plan. If the third one starts to work, then we need go with it until it doesnt work.

In the goal line offense, we need some playaction passes. We need some boot legs. We need some sweeps. We need some other plays beside iso runs up the middle.

We need our coaches to let loose and make it fun for the kids again. Where is that fumblerooskie play? Where is that flea flicker? Double reverse? Hell, where is that speed option? Where is that 15 yard post routes? out and ups? hook and ladder? Hell line a big Olinemen out wide and run a reverse with him. Make it fun for them! It seems like OU is nothing but business nowadays. I remember when Stoops would call the crazy trick plays!

anyway....im tired and headed to bed. again sorry for the rambling.

Octavian
11/8/2010, 01:55 AM
Not at all, I don't disagree with any of that. From the booth to the field, we need to be better.

I think people are really frustrated because it feels like we're just beating ourselves with unforced errors on the field and mistakes in the booth. Yeah, they've been tough environments...but we all rightly think we'd beat both Mizzou and A&M by double digits in Norman. And that's frustrating.

But I still think this staff can rebound and the guys can finish with a great year. The NC-or-Else crowd won't like it, but there are few things they do like. The guys just need to clean it up and we can finish the regular season 10-2. Far from certain obviously, but it's very doable for this group.

Collier11
11/8/2010, 02:01 AM
We will own Tech

Baylor can go Toe to Toe with us on Off but our Def is better, reality says we should win by about 10 IMO, just gotta do it

OSU is equal if not better on Off, we are better on D but barely...neutral field we are pretty even. We will need to play really well but its not like we cant rise to the occasion against the sheep humpers

oudavid1
11/8/2010, 02:04 AM
im with LeRoy

sendbaht
11/8/2010, 06:07 AM
I AGREE>>YES I'M SHOUTING.

Okie35
11/8/2010, 11:09 AM
We will own Tech

Baylor can go Toe to Toe with us on Off but our Def is better, reality says we should win by about 10 IMO, just gotta do it

OSU is equal if not better on Off, we are better on D but barely...neutral field we are pretty even. We will need to play really well but its not like we cant rise to the occasion against the sheep humpers

Against Baylor and OSU if we score first statistics say we'll win. I'm willing to bet if we scored first, in both those games and i turned off my tv for a few hours, I'll come back and see a W in our win column. That's the only problem we have on the road imo is starting fast and finishing. Technically we're 2-2 on the road. Cincy and * we had leads in the beginning and were able to keep them. Mizzery we had a lead going into the 4th and A&M we rallied to cut the lead to 2. Hell, we scored 17 in the 3rd quarter. The way ppl talk is as if we got blown out. Anyway, I like where you head is at Collier.

TahoeSOONER
11/8/2010, 11:15 AM
We got a lot of work to do but if we win out, including the CCG, then it looks like a Big East Champ.

The Fiesta is last in line to pick at-large teams this season and it's likely to get stuck with the automatic-qualifying Big East champion.

OU Engineer
11/8/2010, 02:14 PM
COME ON GUYS START ACTING LIKE ****ING SOONERS!!!

Im tired of all these threads and hearing other fans whine about how were gonna get our asses kicked the last two games.

Get some swagger back in yer system and lets kick some ***!

Edit: so yes we win out and win big is the point of this post.

btb916
11/8/2010, 02:44 PM
im with LeRoy

It's bad, bad (*bad!*) LeRoy Lizard, baddest man in the whole damn (Soonerfans.com/forums). Badder than ol' Ndamukong, meaner than a junkyard dog...

Just the kind of guy I want on my team. ;)

SouthFortySooner
11/8/2010, 04:46 PM

No. But what is pathetic, is the pathetic act as though.