PDA

View Full Version : If only we had run that screen pass more!!

Monster Zero
11/7/2010, 02:50 PM
That's what we need! More screens with DeMarco by himself against just their entire secondary!!

We can still win out!!

agoo758
11/7/2010, 02:53 PM
I don't know what's worse, the screen pass this year, or the super-delayed draw from the shotgun that we ran 95 percent of the time last year.

Shiznitttt
11/7/2010, 02:56 PM
We need a little mix up in the same ol' play calls. It is easy to complain about the play calling when we lose, but if we win then the plays are ok. A lot of people on this board apparently don't want to hear any negative talk whatsoever about the sooners.

jumperstop
11/7/2010, 02:56 PM
I don't know what's worse, the screen pass this year, or the super-delayed draw from the shotgun that we ran 95 percent of the time last year.

At least the screen play this year is normally good for at least five yards, that delayed draw always went for negative two or three.

agoo758
11/7/2010, 03:01 PM
At least the screen play this year is normally good for at least five yards, that delayed draw always went for negative two or three.

And to be fair, the screen works wonders at home and I am not against keeping it in the playbook, but when it is getting shut down, we do not seem able to get away from it.

En_Fuego
11/7/2010, 03:05 PM
I know OU has hundreds of offensive plays.....But it seems they just have 4

jumperstop
11/7/2010, 03:12 PM
And to be fair, the screen works wonders at home and I am not against keeping it in the playbook, but when it is getting shut down, we do not seem able to get away from it.

Maybe cause our down field passing ain't great, or maybe Kevin Wilson isn't the best play caller. Probably a little of both.

Football Jim
11/7/2010, 03:19 PM
Just guessing, but it seems to me that some plays are called because of an implied athletic mismatch in personnel. So the play called would seem to have a good chance of success, but you have to watch the game and not the playbook. If it isn't working, you have got to mix it up a bit. OU is way too predictable. The screen play would work if it were just one of the plays and not "the" play.

tommieharris91
11/7/2010, 03:27 PM
That's what we need! More screens with DeMarco by himself against just their entire secondary!!

We can still win out!!

This is actually how a screen is supposed to work. The problem is that the play is being read by the opposing team much too well for it to work.

jumperstop
11/7/2010, 03:34 PM
This is actually how a screen is supposed to work. The problem is that the play is being read by the opposing team much too well for it to work.

Cause for some odd reason teams are catching on the fact we run that as about 75% of our plays.

Keller Sooner
11/7/2010, 05:10 PM
We can't block well enough to run much of anything.