PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see what i saw ?

boomermagic
11/7/2010, 02:38 PM
We got whipped up front most of the night.. Our OL and DL couldn't block and were blocked.. Also, Our players weren't ready to play IMO.. Don't blame Wilson he ain't the boss folks.. Bob is the one I give credit to when it is due and the responsible one when it ain't due.. He makes the Millions.. It's easy to just say ole Wilson is to blame but IF Bob doesn't like his play calling it is HIS RESPONSIBILITY to fix it.. IMO the big problem right now is we are not ready or motivated to play sometimes plus our OL and DL isn't getting the job done.. I remember Bear bryant saying one time, You can draw up a fancy play and have it ready but most of the time it all comes down to who's got the hoss and who ain't..

agoo758
11/7/2010, 02:40 PM
We got whipped up front most of the night.. Our OL and DL couldn't block and were blocked.. Also, Our players weren't ready to play IMO.. Don't blame Wilson he ain't the boss folks.. Bob is the one I give credit to when it is due and the responsible one when it ain't due.. He makes the Millions.. It's easy to just say ole Wilson is to blame but IF Bob doesn't like his play calling it is HIS RESPONSIBILITY to fix it.. IMO the big problem right now is we are not ready or motivated to play sometimes plus our OL and DL isn't getting the job done.. I remember Bear bryant saying one time, You can draw up a fancy play and have it ready but most of the time it all comes down to who's got the hoss and who ain't..

But its because we had injuries in 2009.:rolleyes:

MeMyself&Me
11/7/2010, 03:08 PM
Regarding blocking, I thought the worst blocking on the evening was the WR blocks on the bubble screens. Really bad compared to what we're used to seeing.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/7/2010, 03:49 PM
When I read the thread title I thought you were talking about home cooking that aTm got with the clock running all the time. Not that it cost us the game, but I didn't know that the refs could hold OUr offense up after they give the ready whistle to let the d sub! But back to the op I said after Stoop's Gameday interview before the mizzOU, that's Stoops looks far from focused to me, and that rolls down hill IMO! :gary:

boomermagic
11/7/2010, 04:26 PM
I saw some of that home cooking as well..

jagvocate
11/7/2010, 04:41 PM
Aggie here. BigXII refs are as bad as SEC refs ... there were bad calls and missed calls all night long, for and against both teams.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/7/2010, 04:49 PM
Aggie here. BigXII refs are as bad as SEC refs ... there were bad calls and missed calls all night long, for and against both teams.

I'm not talking about blown calls, if we don't sub on offense and hurry to line to snap the ball, the ref blows the play ready and starts the clock, and then aTm decides they want to sub ten guys the refs can't hold us up and let the clock continue to run! Like I said it didn't cost us the game, but I seen them do it three different times so it prolly cost us about three minutes of the game! Good win, I'm not gonna say we beat OUrselves! We have struggled to put bad team away this year! It's something that I have come to expect!

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 04:56 PM
A&M ain't that bad though and they are even better when they play at Kyle. Folks act like we've won everytime we've played there.

boomermagic
11/7/2010, 05:05 PM
A&M ain't that bad though and they are even better when they play at Kyle. Folks act like we've won everytime we've played there.

St, I think most folks just expect us to be prepaired and make a good game of it.. We weren't and we didn't..:D Your right about it being a hard place to play.. It's not visitor friendly..

Soonerus
11/7/2010, 05:06 PM
Who the heck is our line coach, off with his head !!!

AggieGirl2005
11/7/2010, 05:12 PM

Agreed. I definitely didn't feel like the refs were on our side - they just made awful calls in general. That tackle on Landry that was ruled a fumble and then overturned?? You can't tell me that was incontrovertible evidence for anything. If it had been ruled INC on the field, I'd have been fine with them upholding that. But to overturn the call was ridiculous. So was the call for blocking in the back later on. The substitution issue -'these refs just blew in general. Nothing game changing for either team but jeez.

thunderlounge
11/7/2010, 05:48 PM
St, I think most folks just expect us to be prepaired and make a good game of it.. We weren't and we didn't..:D Your right about it being a hard place to play.. It's not visitor friendly..

I see a little bit of logic in the whole "not prepared" theory, here.

After the cluster f**k in Columbia, it was the same thing. Bob even admitted that he didn't take MU as seriously as he should have.

I wasn't expecting a repeat incident, but it certainly seems that yet again an opponent was underestimated.

That may not be the case with last night, but it sure didn't look like they were expecting the level of competition they faced last night.

It's like both of those games they had prepared for Midwest City, and not anything at the collegiate level.

Agreed. I definitely didn't feel like the refs were on our side - they just made awful calls in general. That tackle on Landry that was ruled a fumble and then overturned?? You can't tell me that was incontrovertible evidence for anything. If it had been ruled INC on the field, I'd have been fine with them upholding that. But to overturn the call was ridiculous. So was the call for blocking in the back later on. The substitution issue -'these refs just blew in general. Nothing game changing for either team but jeez.

I will have to say that so far this season I've been rather disappointed with the officiating across the entire Big 12. Not just with OU games, but most games. There have been some really, really crazy calls this season that have left many a fan asking WTF?

Take for example, one of the hundreds I've seen so far.

Guy makes a catch and is running down the sideline. Gets hit pretty good and knocked out of bounds.

Call? 15 yards for a late hit.

F**king huh? Hit knocks him out of bounds, but it was late?

Of course we could go on and on about that.

Sometimes some of those calls did have potential negative impact. Sometimes not so much.

However, the level and ability of the officiating this season has certainly not been to the level it should be.

prrriiide
11/7/2010, 06:01 PM
I'm not talking about blown calls, if we don't sub on offense and hurry to line to snap the ball, the ref blows the play ready and starts the clock, and then aTm decides they want to sub ten guys the refs can't hold us up and let the clock continue to run! Like I said it didn't cost us the game, but I seen them do it three different times so it prolly cost us about three minutes of the game! Good win, I'm not gonna say we beat OUrselves! We have struggled to put bad team away this year! It's something that I have come to expect!

Actually, the rule clearly states that the defense is to be given time to substitute. This issue came up with the LSU miracle over Tennessee. The UT fans were PO'd because the refs didn't hold up the snap for UT to complete their subss before LSU snapped the ball, reaulting in 13 players on the field.

SoonerPr8r
11/7/2010, 06:07 PM

At least the SEC refs call in favor of the higher ranking team. In the Big XII if Texas can't win then no one will.

AggieGirl2005
11/7/2010, 06:09 PM
Actually, the rule clearly states that the defense is to be given time to substitute. This issue came up with the LSU miracle over Tennessee. The UT fans were PO'd because the refs didn't hold up the snap for UT to complete their subss before LSU snapped the ball, reaulting in 13 players on the field.

But is the clock supposed to keep running?

tulsaoilerfan
11/7/2010, 06:09 PM

They were playing a converted WR at QB and we made him look like Peyton Manning when it counted; no ****ing way they should have won that game last nite

Scott D
11/7/2010, 06:12 PM
They were playing a converted WR at QB and we made him look like Peyton Manning when it counted; no ****ing way they should have won that game last nite

he was recruited as a QB and converted to WR before being converted back to QB. I'm pretty sure we had a guy like that who was pretty successful.

AggieGirl2005
11/7/2010, 06:14 PM

He was recruited as a QB - we just played him at WR since he's good at it and Jerrod beat him out for the job (originally). He's originally a QB though.

tulsaoilerfan
11/7/2010, 06:15 PM
He was recruited as a QB - we just played him at WR since he's good at it and Jerrod beat him out for the job (originally). He's originally a QB though.

Wasn't that his second game last nite at QB? He outperformed a guy starting his 19th game for us

Scott D
11/7/2010, 06:18 PM
hah I beat the aggie girl to it :)

AggieGirl2005
11/7/2010, 06:22 PM
Wasn't that his second game last nite at QB? He outperformed a guy starting his 19th game for us

Second start, but he also played half of the Kansas game. I don't think he outplayed Landry - our defense stepped up to a level they've never played this year. And you guys had two or three guys out on your d-line and were playing 250 lb guys in their places, so RT wasn't getting pressured as badly. He still had two INTs and almost had two more. Plus we ran the ball more than usual to try and eliminate him making mistakes. We ran 38 times and passed 32. Usually our pass attempts are higher than our run attempts.

AggieGirl2005
11/7/2010, 11:37 PM
So FYI - rewatching the game now. With regard to the substitution issue, it's a new rule: if the offense substitutes the D can too, with the clock running. Announcers just explained it. So far, each aggie sub has come after an ou sub. So the refs were right. Guess I owe them an apology. The other calls still sucked :)

cocoal
11/8/2010, 02:27 AM
lol,so interesting!