PDA

View Full Version : A Little Perspective

SoonerBacker
11/7/2010, 01:27 PM
This may not be a popular thing to say, but I am starting to think that OU football fans need to put things in perspective. The Sooners have lost 2 games this year, and after each loss, the meltdown on the football forum was absolutely amazing. It makes me think that perhaps many need to refocus.

This week, we will be observing Veteran's Day. Maybe we should step back and remember that what many get so upset about is just a game. Let's take a step back and remember that. It is great to live in a country where we can enjoy the frivalous things in life like a football game. However, it is only because of the sacrifices of our Service men/women that we can do that.

As we go through this coming week, let's take the time to remember and to thank our Veterans.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j08fvUk67U&feature=share

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 01:28 PM
We can't do that, football is too important!!!!!!! 20 year old kids playing a game > 20 year olds protecting our life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 01:31 PM
We can't do that, football is too important!!!!!!! 20 year old kids playing a game > 20 year olds protecting our life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

What you talkin about 20 year olds??? Hell I turned 19 in the Jungle
I was 2 months Into 20 when I got out ;)

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 01:35 PM
What you talkin about 20 year olds??? Hell I turned 19 in the Jungle
I was 2 months Into 20 when I got out ;)

Exactly.

And thank you for not dying in the process of doing your job.

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 01:46 PM
I hated My Drill Sargent for about 11 years after I got Out. Then I realized, Out of the 28 In my training Platoon 27 of us made it back. He did his Jorb well :cool:

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 02:09 PM
But what about Kevin Wilson?

soonerloyal
11/12/2010, 07:20 PM
I tell ya, Olevet...methinks you would made a damn fine Marine.

I sure do loveya, darlin'. :)