PDA

View Full Version : We are SO going to get smoked by OSU.

batonrougesooner
11/7/2010, 12:34 PM
I literally give OU no chance in this game considering how they've performed on the road. I'm not even going to get my hopes up or pretend it's possible.

misplacedsooner
11/7/2010, 12:37 PM
im considering how we play on the road and i still say we kick that azz.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/7/2010, 12:39 PM
Our losses were close. OSU is no world beater. We could go up there and stomp a mud hole in them. Withhold judgement until after the game.

Okie35
11/7/2010, 12:39 PM
Delete this thread and think about making it after 3 weeks. I bet you won't.

toast
11/7/2010, 12:40 PM
If they perform the same as last night I agree, but there are a couple of games before then.

Okie35
11/7/2010, 12:41 PM
Our losses were close. OSU is no world beater. We could go up there and stomp a mud hole in them. Withhold judgement until after the game.

We'd have to start fast. That's all I'm saying.

3rdgensooner
11/7/2010, 12:41 PM
We should go ahead and play the game, just in case.

SoonerLB
11/7/2010, 12:44 PM
"We'll moida 'em with bubble screens and draw plays! NYUK, KNUK, NYUK!" - KW

sooner ngintunr
11/7/2010, 12:47 PM
We're SO Doomed!!!11!!

TheHumanAlphabet
11/7/2010, 02:49 PM
I bet the aggots up north are smelling the blood in the water and waiting for a feeding frenzy. I sure would like to take it to them and beat them, but I seriously doubt that will happen. It will take inventive game plans and lights out playing by the kids. I am not sure the coaches can game plan a win.

boomermagic
11/7/2010, 02:52 PM
Delete this thread and think about making it after 3 weeks. I bet you won't.

THIS !!!

batonrougesooner
11/7/2010, 02:58 PM
I don't want it to happen but I stand behind my prediction.

Considering what we've seen this year from both teams, how can anyone honestly predict something different?

If I'm wrong I'll be the first to revive this thread and happily admit it. But I doubt I will be.

And oudavid...

It's "you're a moron" not "your a moron". Moron :)

jumperstop
11/7/2010, 03:06 PM
Does making this thread make you feel better? I bet after losur struggles next week at texas all these people predicting losses at osu and baylor will change their opinions. You guys make it seem like Boone pickens stadium is death valley In fact all time I think we've lost more at home to osu than at their place. Not saying it'll be a cake walk, but wait a few weeks before freaking out.

Piware
11/7/2010, 03:07 PM
It makes me sick to say this but I watched the first half of the Poke game yesterday. They executed well, finished plays, fundamentals were sound and they played lights out defense. Receivers caught passes, held on and had respectable YACs.

My conclusion is that they have improved a lot and their biggest problem in the last couple of years was Mike Gundy. Given their playbook this year, with a real offensive coordinator, Gundy sucked at it and their Texas Tech refugee is pretty darn good.

batonrougesooner
11/7/2010, 03:09 PM
Does making this thread make you feel better? I bet after losur struggles next week at texas all these people predicting losses at osu and baylor will change their opinions. You guys make it seem like Boone pickens stadium is death valley In fact all time I think we've lost more at home to osu than at their place. Not saying it'll be a cake walk, but wait a few weeks before freaking out.

I'm not freaking out and it isn't about feeling better. I quit wasting real emotional energy on football a few years ago. It's just an observation and prediction.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 03:19 PM
http://groovychick123.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/prozac2.jpg

yankee
11/7/2010, 03:24 PM
It makes me sick to say this but I watched the first half of the Poke game yesterday. They executed well, finished plays, fundamentals were sound and they played lights out defense. Receivers caught passes, held on and had respectable YACs.

NEWSFLASH: THEY PLAYED BAYLOR.

can we all calm down now?

Football Jim
11/7/2010, 03:25 PM
OSU will choke as they normally do in big games. Plus, they really have a pathetic defense. Baylor played poorly and ...well Baylor is Baylor.... so if the Sooners can get anything at all going on offense then the game should come out in OU's favor.
I think the defense is good enough to frustrate the OSU attack.

Whet
11/7/2010, 03:27 PM
we'll beat them.

jumperstop
11/7/2010, 03:27 PM
I'm not freaking out and it isn't about feeling better. I quit wasting real emotional energy on football a few years ago. It's just an observation and prediction.

Did you also notice that we game back from 19-0 down to put ourselves into a chance to win in a hostile environment. I'm not saying we'll win or lose, but chalking the game up as a loss three weeks before it happens is bit much imo. Better execution and play calling in the fourth would have probably resulted in a win for us. Lets just hope we don't get down by 19 in the first half again.

mehip
11/7/2010, 03:42 PM
Please....remember all the whining about how we didn't stand a chance against Tech at home after they beat Texas; we smoked their asses with a defensive secondary not nearly as talented as this one.

jumperstop
11/7/2010, 03:45 PM
Please....remember all the whining about how we didn't stand a chance against Tech at home after they beat Texas; we smoked their asses with a defensive secondary not nearly as talented as this one.

That was at home though. I think what has people concerned is the away factor.

SoonerMustang
11/7/2010, 03:48 PM

Thats a great point and hopefully hungry. Bedlam is always a crap shoot

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 03:49 PM
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 03:53 PM
I literally give OU no chance in this game considering how they've performed on the road. I'm not even going to get my hopes up or pretend it's possible.

If you had something tangible to base it on I would let this just pass on through the internet as the ramblings of a guy down on his luck....

oSu shows moments of being pretty good but I watched them yesterday and they throw passes up that look like lobs of mud from the banks of a pond.

They couldn't beat NU on their Home field and have had one of the easier schedules in the Big XII South. Their road win against K-State in Manhattan is their most impressive win and they got by A&M at Home back in September.

I'm not gonna talk you out of your little predictions but I am gonna show you what it's like to have some balls. texas beats oSu by 10 this weekend at DKR. I know...texas! No way right?

I hope this little tip helps pull you out of those dulldrums. That's pretty sad BRS.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 04:00 PM
One thing is for sure. OU WILL play badly. Its a road game.

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 04:00 PM
If you had something tangible to base it on I would let this just pass on through the internet as the ramblings of a guy down on his luck....

oSu shows moments of being pretty good but I watched them yesterday and they throw passes up that look like lobs of mud from the banks of a pond.

They couldn't beat NU on their Home field and have had one of the easier schedules in the Big XII South. Their road win against K-State in Manhattan is their most impressive win and they got by A&M at Home back in September.

I'm not gonna talk you out of your little predictions but I am gonna show you what it's like to have some balls. texas beats oSu by 10 this weekend at DKR. I know...texas! No way right?

I hope this little tip helps pull you out of those dulldrums. That's pretty sad BRS.

JW what makes you think that. It seems that Texas has already mailed in their season. You could very well be right but we've gotten a lot of monkeys off of our back so far this year and this should just be another one that we get off as we know Texas won't be down for long with that much talent

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/7/2010, 04:13 PM

On the contrary, I think it will be our finest hour.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 04:14 PM
JW what makes you think that. It seems that Texas has already mailed in their season. You could very well be right but we've gotten a lot of monkeys off of our back so far this year and this should just be another one that we get off as we know Texas won't be down for long with that much talent

There comes a point where everyone gets tired of losing. texas doesn't like losing at DKR. I think they lost confidence a few games ago and quit playing for their Coaches. I think talent and pride will eventually be what gets them kick started. The game against A&M...oSu barely pulled off at Home and there's always that little elephant in the room thing that looms in the back of your head as an aggie....you don't ever win at DKR.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 04:14 PM

What have we done this year to make you think this? Am I missing something?

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 04:15 PM

It wasn't anything to do with a FG.

batonrougesooner
11/7/2010, 04:17 PM
I hope you're right but I'm afraid you're not. We will see.

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 04:17 PM
There comes a point where everyone gets tired of losing. texas doesn't like losing at DKR. I think they lost confidence a few games ago and quit playing for their Coaches. I think talent and pride will eventually be what gets them kick started. The game against A&M...oSu barely pulled off at Home and there's always that little elephant in the room thing that looms in the back of your head as an aggie....you don't ever win at DKR.

I'm not saying that we won't get smashed, it's a very real possibility. But if talent and pride were on the line, don't you think that it would've come into effect against Baylor. We did barely beat A&M but we walked away with the W.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/7/2010, 04:20 PM

Back in the early 80's I was watching Bedlam with my cousing Mick. He's a Poke alum and I'm a Sooner alum. Pokes were giving us the business that day, up there. Then, bam! The Sooners scored a quick one. Mickey got really quiet and kinda muttered, "We're gonna lose." And wouldn't ya know it, RD Lasher kicked the game winner.

Doubt is so engrained in the Poke psyche, that it is real. Last night the Sooners coulda, woulda, shoulda finished off that comeback. At Stoolwater, they will execute.

JMO. I just hope it doesn't come down to a field goal.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 04:21 PM
I'm not saying that we won't get smashed, it's a very real possibility. But if talent and pride were on the line, don't you think that it would've come into effect against Baylor. We did barely beat A&M but we walked away with the W.

That w from A&M wasn't in College Station.

Baylor is Baylor. Beating Texas in Austin is a much bigger animal.

Congrats on beating BU....they were on a roll. As fas as I'm concerned...it was expected that you would beat them. I mean...you are a team on the rise.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 04:25 PM
JMO. I just hope it doesn't come down to a field goal.

Or the KO return team, or a trick play, or coaching.................

Sooners78
11/7/2010, 04:30 PM

Are you talking about 2008? Honestly, I don't remember anyone thinking Tech would beat us in Norman that year. Now, when the game is played in Lubbock, everyone thinks we'll lose to Tech, and with good reason. Maybe it was just on the other board from which I came, but everyone knew we would win in 08.

Soonerus
11/7/2010, 04:33 PM
In three weeks, enter stage left, POKE CHOKE...

soonerinabilene
11/7/2010, 04:42 PM
its mike gundy in a big game... he will find a way to give us the win.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 04:45 PM
Even Boone doesn't believe he's gonna put a trophy on that shelf.

Trophy Shelf (http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts__37/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-928914620-1278956909.jpg?ymulOcDD9fgn7N8N)

Okie35
11/7/2010, 04:48 PM

I think * has a chance honestly.

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 04:48 PM
That w from A&M wasn't in College Station.

Baylor is Baylor. Beating Texas in Austin is a much bigger animal.

Congrats on beating BU....they were on a roll. As fas as I'm concerned...it was expected that you would beat them. I mean...you are a team on the rise.

I meant pride for Texas when they played Baylor. They lost to them and that would seem to be a much bigger deal than losing to us. I know the W from A&M wasn't from College Station, but that's how the schedule worked for us this year.

OUthunder
11/7/2010, 05:23 PM
I don't want it to happen but I stand behind my prediction.

Considering what we've seen this year from both teams, how can anyone honestly predict something different?

If I'm wrong I'll be the first to revive this thread and happily admit it. But I doubt I will be.

And oudavid...

It's "you're a moron" not "your a moron". Moron :)

heh, grammar smack.

ruf/nekdad
11/7/2010, 05:23 PM
Kind of an interesting twist doncha think....the pokes playing a team with nothing to lose, and with the gain simply being to knock the opponent out of the Big Twelve South?

ocsooner
11/7/2010, 05:27 PM

Woa, you need to wait and post later. That is way too much thinking this close after a loss.

cdawg
11/7/2010, 05:37 PM
First post from the noob on the forum, but we have only one win on an opposing college campus since 11/29/08 against OSU. I rarely ever predict a loss, but if ever there was a time, this is it.

The end of the world may be near....OSU may go to a Big 12 Championship.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 05:37 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100621043548/scottpilgrim/images/thumb/8/85/FinestHour.jpg/250px-FinestHour.jpg

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 05:39 PM
First post from the noob on the forum, but we have only one win on an opposing college campus since 11/29/08 against OSU. I rarely ever predict a loss, but if ever there was a time, this is it.

The end of the world may be near....OSU may go to a Big 12 Championship.

Cool you jumped in....let's get you off and running. Instead of jumping straight past all the rest of their games....How badly will the pokies beat the longwhorns this week? Let's start our predictions...this way is won't be so depressing wallering about in our fate.

SouthFortySooner
11/7/2010, 05:45 PM

Around June 15th next summer this guy will wish he had a game to worry about.

En_Fuego
11/7/2010, 05:54 PM
:pop:

cdawg
11/7/2010, 05:55 PM
@StoopTroup-I've read enough of your posts to know better, but I'll bite. You've already picked TX to beat OSU because they're playing at DKR...OOOOoooo, so scary...Iowa State and Baylor beat them at home and they haven't won at home since Wyoming. The Cowboys are better than all of their opponents except maybe Nebraska, and it was only by 10 points and they still hung 41 on them. In addition, aTm will probably win at DKR as well.

Our road record sucks, but I'd hate to be a UT fan.

Oops, forgot to add..Cowboys by 10.

huskerland
11/7/2010, 06:02 PM
Does making this thread make you feel better? I bet after losur struggles next week at texas all these people predicting losses at osu and baylor will change their opinions. You guys make it seem like Boone pickens stadium is death valley In fact all time I think we've lost more at home to osu than at their place. Not saying it'll be a cake walk, but wait a few weeks before freaking out. Finally a word of calm! OU needs to just get some solid "D" line play and OSU's passing will slow way down..

I feel a little for the Sooners! It seems we've gone through this a short time ago with Callahan..Hang in there !

SoonerPr8r
11/7/2010, 06:04 PM
The cowboys have the Leach Tech offense in place. We tend to do well on D against that kind of scheme because we don't blitz too much and stay in a base defense. That being said.....we have to get better in the middle on D and give Landry some prozac before the game.

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 06:07 PM
The cowboys have the Leach Tech offense in place. We tend to do well on D against that kind of scheme because we don't blitz too much and stay in a base defense. That being said.....we have to get better in the middle on D and give Landry some prozac before the game.

Our offense is not the Leach offense. We actually have the 2nd leading rusher in the nation on our offense. In fact if averages hold up, we will have the first 3500 yd passer, 1500 yd rusher and receiver on the same team, something Tech never did. We run the ball a lot and stretch the field much more than Tech ever did

cdawg
11/7/2010, 06:10 PM

Really? How did that work out for us last year on the road?

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 06:17 PM
Gundy has cut the OC loose and allowed him to run things. It is a good thing for the pokes. Still I've seen so many passes that loft away into nowhere and Blackmon would kill teams if the QB was a lot more accurate with crisp on target throws.

CarolinaSoonerFan
11/7/2010, 06:19 PM
We always play better in the boarders of Oklahoma than we do on the road. I would put this down to being a neutral game.....Then again the last time we went to OSU Sam was behind center and we all know we cannot expect Landry to come anywhere near his standards. Still holding out hope we win and big

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 06:20 PM
Gundy has cut the OC loose and allowed him to run things. It is a good thing for the pokes. Still I've seen so many passes that loft away into nowhere and Blackmon would kill teams if the QB was a lot more accurate with crisp on target throws.

Weeden has the strongest arm in the conference and is very accurate on his intermediate routes and has very good touch on the deep ball. Just look at the throw yesterday on 4th down that JB dropped. 44 yards and it just dropped from the sky into JB's hands. Still don't know how he dropped it. Earlier in the season he would throw the jump ball a little too many times, but these last 4 games, he's been lights out

cdawg
11/7/2010, 06:25 PM
OSU lost to NU because Blackmon was suspended. The best play of the year would be to send him tickets to Dallas on Thanksgiving. We might get lucky if we notify the HiPo.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 06:31 PM
Weeden has the strongest arm in the conference and is very accurate on his intermediate routes and has very good touch on the deep ball.

We're just not gonna agree about that and one good throw yesterday isn't going to change my mind about all the ducks I've seen him throw

OSUAggie
11/7/2010, 06:32 PM

WTF do you watch?

It's like you're watching 2009 tapes of Zac Robinson with this analysis.

AggieGirl2005
11/7/2010, 06:37 PM
OSU lost to NU because Blackmon was suspended. The best play of the year would be to send him tickets to Dallas on Thanksgiving. We might get lucky if we notify the HiPo.

Blackmon played against NU. He had 150+ yards.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 06:40 PM

Baylors DB yesterday stayed with him and yeah he got a few Flags go his way but he wasn't going to be able to catch those passes if the DB hadn't laid hands on him. Some of you want to try and make Blackmon the next Jermaine Gresham but he'd be better off heading to the NFL after this season than sticking around Stoolwater

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 06:41 PM
WTF do you watch?

It's like you're watching 2009 tapes of Zac Robinson with this analysis.

The Baylor game, the NU game, The KSU Game, The Tulsa Game and I promise to watch texas dismantle you. Who's Zac Robinson?

cdawg
11/7/2010, 06:41 PM
@ Aggie Girl-My bad, you're right, that was K State, but the ticket to Dallas wouldn't hurt. LOL

Honestly, I felt bad for him. He seems to be good young man.

OU GENO
11/7/2010, 06:43 PM
It does not matter if osu wins against texass or not we beat them at thier house and we win out we win the South!

cdawg
11/7/2010, 06:44 PM
@StoopTroup-We give up big plays in the secondary. I'm not so sure we can contain him all night and last night's aTm game instills no confidence and actually displays our lack thereof.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 06:47 PM
@StoopTroup-We give up big plays in the secondary. I'm not so sure we can contain him all night and last night's aTm game instills no confidence and actually displays our lack thereof.

I know. You're one of the 20-30 I guess I'll call you Sooner Fans that think losing last night was the end all for OUr Team. It's always that way after a loss. 7 times this year though it's been like crickets from guys like you. Lose a game and suddenly it's like a locust plague.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 06:49 PM
@ Aggie Girl-My bad, you're right, that was K State, but the ticket to Dallas wouldn't hurt. LOL

Honestly, I felt bad for him. He seems to be good young man.

What you just were served was a nice plate of STFU. How'd it taste?d

cdawg
11/7/2010, 06:57 PM
I know. You're one of the 20-30 I guess I'll call you Sooner Fans that think losing last night was the end all for OUr Team. It's always that way after a loss. 7 times this year though it's been like crickets from guys like you. Lose a game and suddenly it's like a locust plague.

Really? WTF is 20-30. I apologize for not joining this forum earlier, but congrats to you. Guys like me? You don't know me..I just joined this forum.

Fact- we lost to Missouri on the road and A&M on the road and we haven't won on an opposing college campus in almost 2 years. Take your blinders off and kick the jockey off your back.

cdawg
11/7/2010, 07:00 PM
What you just were served was a nice plate of STFU. How'd it taste?d

I made a mistake. My apologies. Thank you Aggie Girl for showing class and politely pointing out my error.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 07:05 PM
Really? WTF is 20-30. I apologize for not joining this forum earlier, but congrats to you. Guys like me? You don't know me..I just joined this forum.

Fact- we lost to Missouri on the road and A&M on the road and we haven't won on an opposing college campus in almost 2 years. Take your blinders off and kick the jockey off your back.

I know you. Guys like you join our forum all the time. Right after a loss you show up and the weirdest thing is that Football Season started back in September. Lots of us have been talking football for years here.

Catch phrases like Blinders and crimson glasses all serve to prove my point.

You're a Troll. Hang around if you want. Trolls are fun to play with. I won't be the last to play with you....just the first.

Also...ESPN Classics will replay the oSu v whorns game from 11/03/07 Friday the 12th from 12pm to 2 pm That's the 38-35 poke choker at boones farm.

That should be good for a mid afternoon laugh prior to the one I'm gonna have after the whorns take aggie down on Saturday. I even went and set my DVR for it this time. I never DVR aggie games but this thread has inspired me.

OSUAggie
11/7/2010, 07:08 PM
The Baylor game, the NU game, The KSU Game, The Tulsa Game and I promise to watch texas dismantle you. Who's Zac Robinson?

Averaging 24/37 356 3 TD 0 INT in those games leads you to believe he's not capable of getting the job done?

That's ****ing astute.

And Blackmon would be killing teams? He averaged 8 catches for 170 yards and 2 scores in those games.

Can't wait to see how mighty Texas manages to *** rape us.

cdawg
11/7/2010, 07:13 PM
I know you. Guys like you join our forum all the time. Right after a loss you show up and the weirdest thing is that Football Season started back in September. Lots of us have been talking football for years here.

Catch phrases like Blinders and crimson glasses all serve to prove my point.

You're a Troll. Hang around if you want. Trolls are fun to play with. I won't be the last to play with you....just the first..

The sad thing is that we both support OU and a fan from an opponent shows more respect and class than you.

I've been talking football for years as well, but I haven't done it on here. It's nice to know that we're still hospitable in Oklahoma.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 07:14 PM
The sad thing is that we both support OU and a fan from an opponent shows more respect and class than you.

I've been talking football for years as well, but I haven't done it on here. It's nice to know that we're still hospitable in Oklahoma.

Maybe you just caught me at a bad moment. I'm grieving here. Also...you've evidently not been to a game in Stoolwater.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 07:22 PM

Also....funny after less than 10 posts you think you have the right to lecture me on anything. Stick around. You'll change your tune once you have a few of these go your way....

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3029950&postcount=60

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 07:25 PM
Maybe you just caught me at a bad moment. I'm grieving here. Also...you've evidently not been to a game in Stoolwater.

It's funny that you say how bad you've had it in "Stoolwater" but you can go on any other fans message boards and talk about how Stillwater is one of the nicest places to catch a game and the fans are some of the nicest in the Big 12.

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 07:27 PM
We're just not gonna agree about that and one good throw yesterday isn't going to change my mind about all the ducks I've seen him throw

That one throw was just the most recent example that came to mind. Besides the A&M game, I cannot really think of an int that comes to mind that wasn't tipped. Just because the guy wears orange doesn't mean that you can't give him props. Most OSU fans give Broyles his props and we all gave Sammy his

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 07:32 PM
It's funny that you say how bad you've had it in "Stoolwater" but you can go on any other fans message boards and talk about how Stillwater is one of the nicest places to catch a game and the fans are some of the nicest in the Big 12.

Why don't you go there then.

Why are you even here anyway? Has whornfans already banned you or has shaggy beaver made you cry? I went to games there before boone bought you a new coat of paint. He's helped make the place a bit safer to watch a game but it's still the home of the poke choke. Choked against nu and your gonna choke at DKR this weekend. It's not that nice. To you it's great as what do you have to compare it too? We're happy you have a new place to have football games. It would be really cool if your AD didn't hold people hostage for OU/oSu tickets. You guys are nice? You're frauds. Go **** yourself.

cdawg
11/7/2010, 07:37 PM

I've been to Stoolwater, family has worked/taught at OSU, some friends have played for OSU, and my siblings have or are attending OSU. (I'm the black sheep..thanks to mom's side of the family, we had season tickets to crimson and cream going waaaay back.)

I actually cheer them on 364 days out of the year. However, I haven't watched a game there since Barry Sanders played.

That being said, they have a really good team and I don't think they have the entitlement issues. I think they are the real deal this year.

CrimsonRez
11/7/2010, 07:44 PM
You must have not seen last year's game...

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 07:48 PM
I've been to Stoolwater, family has worked/taught at OSU, some friends have played for OSU, and my siblings have or are attending OSU. (I'm the black sheep..thanks to mom's side of the family, we had season tickets to crimson and cream going waaaay back.)

I actually cheer them on 364 days out of the year. However, I haven't watched a game there since Barry Sanders played.

That being said, they have a really good team and I don't think they have the entitlement issues. I think they are the real deal this year.

I've probably got more connections to oSu than you do....and the one thing that is consistent is that many of us in my family will cheer for oSu when they play someone else. If you're implying I don't cheer for them ever because of blind hate...your wrong and you don't know WTF your talking about. aggie is gonna get beat by tejas. I'm just calling it how I see it. I have bought my OU tickets and paid for them myself for 2 decades. My Mommie never bought me tickets. We are the real deal every year. The aggies can claim they are the real deal right after the 1st time they win a Big XII CG. Until then....they are just lil brother and even then....a squirrel is gonna find a nut every now and then.

cdawg
11/7/2010, 07:56 PM
I've probably got more connections to oSu than you do....and the one thing that is consistent is that many of us in my family will cheer for oSu when they play someone else. If you're implying I don't cheer for them ever because of blind hate...your wrong and you don't know WTF your talking about. aggie is gonna get beat by tejas. I'm just calling it how I see it. I have bought my OU tickets and paid for them myself for 2 decades. My Mommie never bought me tickets. We are the real deal every year. The aggies can claim they are the real deal right after the 1st time they win a Big XII CG. Until then....they are just lil brother and even then....a squirrel is gonna find a nut every now and then.

Really?? Someone needs a zanex or a prozac or a maybe just a drink.

I didn't imply you do anything...well, maybe spewing anger, but that's evident. I don't need to point that out. We can go back and read your posts.

Mommie didn't pay for tickets. I clearly stated I've been attending games since childhood thanks to my mother's side of the family. My grandparents had the tickets. I was just fortunate enough to grow up attending OU games since childhood.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 07:59 PM
Really?? Someone needs a zanex or a prozac or a maybe just a drink.

I didn't imply you do anything...well, maybe spewing anger, but that's evident. I don't need to point that out. We can go back and read your posts.

Mommie didn't pay for tickets. I clearly stated I've been attending games since childhood thanks to my mother's side of the family. My grandparents had the tickets. I was just fortunate enough to grow up attending OU games since childhood.

No anger. Just stating the facts. What inspired you to begin posting today?

cdawg
11/7/2010, 08:08 PM
No anger. Just stating the facts. What inspired you to begin posting today?

I was surfing the net, read some good posts, and decided to join. I fall into the "I love Stoops, but I'm not sold on Wilson" fan base.

Also, I find it somewhat humorous that the "manly" crowd thinks soccer players and artists are pussies, but many are calling for creative play calling and kickers. I'd bet 50% of the soccer team could kick a football better than our place kickers.

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 08:39 PM

I got spit on there. Not really such a nice place.

tommieharris91
11/7/2010, 08:41 PM
I was surfing the net, read some good posts, and decided to join. I fall into the "I love Stoops, but I'm not sold on Wilson" fan base.

Also, I find it somewhat humorous that the "manly" crowd thinks soccer players and artists are pussies, but many are calling for creative play calling and kickers. I'd bet 50% of the soccer team could kick a football better than our place kickers.

Maybe we should recruit some of the chicks on the soccer team...

Bourbon St Sooner
11/7/2010, 08:44 PM
I thought we were going to lose to aggie last year, but aggie is still aggie.

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 08:44 PM
Maybe we should recruit some of the chicks on the soccer team...

And they already have their own scholarships!!!! BRILLIANT!!!!!

cdawg
11/7/2010, 08:47 PM
Yep, that's my point.

In all seriousness, find someone that can place kick.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/7/2010, 08:53 PM
I feel a little for the Sooners! It seems we've gone through this a short time ago with Callahan..Hang in there !

Now that's a low blow right there. We may be sucking *** lately, but we ain't near a Callahan team.

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 08:56 PM
I got spit on there. Not really such a nice place.

I have a hard time believing people would spit on another person just because they wear a different colored shirt. Maybe it's just the way I was raised but there's no way I would do that. The person wearing that shirt is still a person

85sooners
11/7/2010, 09:00 PM
ou is gonna punk osu in stoolwater just like any other year now shut the ignorant losing talk up :pop:

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 09:03 PM
I have a hard time believing people would spit on another person just because they wear a different colored shirt. Maybe it's just the way I was raised but there's no way I would do that. The person wearing that shirt is still a person

http://webpages.charter.net/dhammond/espn.jpg

silverwheels
I have a hard time believing people would spit on another person just because they wear a different colored shirt.

You've never seen your fellow Cowboys around OU fans in Stillwater, then.

soonerchk
All I can say is that it's a crazy world when the local aggies get all cocky over beating Baylor...

bluedogok
11/7/2010, 09:05 PM
All I can say is that it's a crazy world when the local aggies get all cocky over beating Baylor...
That's for sure....

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 09:05 PM

Then why do you spit on people?

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 09:07 PM

I don't think anyone is getting cocky over beating Baylor. Everyone expected it. Heck everyone I know is still a little worried about Texas because we all know how much talent they have, just not putting it together.

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 09:07 PM
Then why do you spit on people?

I don't spit on people. That's pretty low

85sooners
11/7/2010, 09:35 PM
I don't spit on people. That's pretty lowspittin aggie:stunned:

boomermagic
11/7/2010, 09:42 PM
Averaging 24/37 356 3 TD 0 INT in those games leads you to believe he's not capable of getting the job done?

That's ****ing astute.

And Blackmon would be killing teams? He averaged 8 catches for 170 yards and 2 scores in those games.

Can't wait to see how mighty Texas manages to *** rape us.

How's that hard nosed panty waiist:pop: defense of yours gonna do anything to stop anyone ?

boomermagic
11/7/2010, 09:46 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/dhammond/espn.jpg

:D :D :D :pop:

boomermagic
11/7/2010, 09:50 PM

Yeah, You would think they would wait until they have done something.. OH, I forgot they have tried that and it didn't work..:D :D :D

CrimsonRez
11/7/2010, 10:02 PM
as I recall last year they were saying all the same stuff and well...No matter if you hadn't beaten your instate rival for almost ten years you would be getting excited too :D

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 10:24 PM
I don't think anyone is getting cocky over beating Baylor. Everyone expected it. Heck everyone I know is still a little worried about Texas because we all know how much talent they have, just not putting it together.

Well then why are you here?

MamaMia
11/8/2010, 12:02 AM
This should be a poll

OU_Sooners75
11/8/2010, 12:08 AM
The only way we are beating Baylor or Okie State is if we do not go down by 9. If we do not get inside the 5 yards line 3 times and come away with 0 points.

The only way we beat these teams is if our young team can come out with a wild abandon and realize that they may be very talented and good players, but they are not in high school any more and must play to their potential every snap. They must play fundamental football (tackle, block, catch, kick, throw properly). They must take the fight to their opponents, not absorb the punches.

We need our coaches to stop having video game mentality. We need our coaches to stop getting drunk the night before away games. We need our coaches to be pumped and ready for the game as much as hte players!

Claw, scratch, eye gouge, fish hook...kick in the nuts....do what it takes to win! (play fairly and clean, but with attitude).

And above all, we need a ****ing leader on our team in order for us to win out. We do not have a leader!!!!

MR2-Sooner86
11/8/2010, 12:12 AM
I've probably got more connections to oSu than you do....and the one thing that is consistent is that many of us in my family will cheer for oSu when they play someone else.

Or do you...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Burninmaphone/Gifs/frystare.gif

CowboyMRW
11/8/2010, 12:16 AM
Well then why are you here?

I thought that yall would be good to talk football with

SOONER44EVER
11/8/2010, 12:18 AM

Some people here know nothing about football. There are many who don't even watch the games. :D

CrimsonRez
11/8/2010, 12:19 AM

Nope we're cheatin' gooners, we don't know anything about football. We just get on here to talk about whose trailer park is best, what is the best ingredient in meth, and to bitch about the long lines in wal-mart. :rolleyes:

silverwheels
11/8/2010, 12:21 AM
I like a little cinnamon in my meth.

SOONER44EVER
11/8/2010, 12:22 AM
Nope we're cheatin' gooners, we don't know anything about football. We just get on here to talk about whose trailer park is best, what is the best ingredient in meth, and to bitch about the long lines in wal-mart. :rolleyes:

I have seen all those topics over on the South Oval board. :)

CowboyMRW
11/8/2010, 12:29 AM
Those are all really funny responses but I wrote that to the dude asking why I was on this board

SOONER44EVER
11/8/2010, 12:38 AM
Those are all really funny responses but I wrote that to the dude asking why I was on this board

My response wasn't meant to be funny.

CrimsonRez
11/8/2010, 01:12 AM

and I'm telling you why we are on here.

Piware
11/8/2010, 07:40 AM
Our offense is not the Leach offense. We actually have the 2nd leading rusher in the nation on our offense. In fact if averages hold up, we will have the first 3500 yd passer, 1500 yd rusher and receiver on the same team, something Tech never did. We run the ball a lot and stretch the field much more than Tech ever did

Is it true you guys are faster than a speeding bullet, leap buildings in a single bound, etc? I watched a little of your game on Saturday and the Pokes have, indeed, improved. I honestly don't know if they are that much more talented or making Gumby give up the OC role made the difference. If you are being successful, why is it necessary to bash Tech?

Piware
11/8/2010, 07:52 AM

And the answer is ???????

Sooner in Tampa
11/8/2010, 07:54 AM
It's probably hard to figure out that soonerchk...stands for Sooner CHICK, ya know...a woman :rolleyes:

Keep tryin aggie

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2010, 09:58 AM
I don't spit on people. That's pretty low

Let's see, I have been spat at my an aggie.

I have had water balloons and a bucket of water thrown at me (on me) by an aggie.

I have been sworn at and called vile words by an aggie.

I have had crap thrown at me in the stadium by an aggie.

This is your fine fan base. Cretins is the best word I can find to describe aggies today.

CowboyMRW
11/8/2010, 10:42 AM
Is it true you guys are faster than a speeding bullet, leap buildings in a single bound, etc? I watched a little of your game on Saturday and the Pokes have, indeed, improved. I honestly don't know if they are that much more talented or making Gumby give up the OC role made the difference. If you are being successful, why is it necessary to bash Tech?

That wasn't a dig at Tech. I was just pointing out the facts about how are offenses are very different.

texaspokieokie
11/8/2010, 10:44 AM

I have had water balloons and a bucket of water thrown at me (on me) by an aggie.

This is your fine fan base. Cretins is the best word I can find to describe aggies today.

that's one bad aggie !!!

Soonerwake
11/8/2010, 10:56 AM
It's probably hard to figure out that soonerchk...stands for Sooner CHICK, ya know...a woman :rolleyes:

Keep tryin aggie

He would have understood if it was Aggielmb... :D

soonerchk
11/8/2010, 11:03 AM

I'm not a dude, dude.

AggieGirl2005
11/8/2010, 11:03 AM
I had no idea you guys called OSU fans "aggies." It was very confusing at first. I was like, dang, what did WE do in this particular case. LOL

soonerchk
11/8/2010, 11:05 AM
I had no idea you guys called OSU fans "aggies." It was very confusing at first. I was like, dang, what did WE do in this particular case. LOL

You're a Corps Aggie, they are the local aggies. There are also Sand Aggies, Corn Aggies, Wheat Aggies, Potato Aggies, Swamp Aggies...

And the Corps Aggies are in the clear as far as spitting on me. They've actually been very nice the times I've been there, once I learned to stay the eff off of the grass!

StoopTroup
11/8/2010, 11:08 AM
Wait till you get a load of what some of the men in Chicago really are. There are some men.....but there are some fellas too. Be careful.

tommieharris91

Many of our fans call the prisoner-orange clad "aggy."

jumperstop

We use it mostly as a derogatory term around here...Where as you guys enjoy the moniker.

Cinco Ranch Cougar
11/8/2010, 12:12 PM
No Freaking way we lose to the Pokes in Stoolwater. Don't care what you say, Sooner pride will win the day.
In fact, our toughest game will be in Waco, but we will win there. We just need the Ags (TAMU) to lose a game and we are in.

soonercastor
11/8/2010, 12:16 PM
We just need the Ags (TAMU) to lose a game and we are in.

no we don't :P.......unless OSU loses twice before they play us:eek:

soonerchk
11/8/2010, 12:32 PM
no we don't :P.......unless OSU loses twice before they play us:eek:

I totally want to hire a plane with a big banner. All the cool kids are doing it.

badger
11/8/2010, 12:40 PM
Sorry if this has been posted in any of the first seven pages, but just in case any of you dare enter Silly Stilly this season:

1- Don't ID your car as a Sooner vehicle. You might have mustard smeared on it by the time you return

2- Don't bother with the trash talking Poke fans. If they persist, remind them that OU and OSU students are actually very similar, in the fact that both applied to OU.

3- Get the eff outta the way of any paths to the field near the end of the fourth quarter. They will rush the field if they win. If they don't win but just come close, they will be camped on the side of the field ready to rush. Just... for your own safety, stand back, stand clear and when in doubt, duck and cover.

4- Sell your tickets and don't make the trip. I-35 is clogged for several hours afterward... and beforehand too. It's not worth the hassle and damaging your eyes from unsightly blinding orange.

I have made the trip twice. 2002 and 2004. Bad both times. Never want to go back, as much as I love Sooner football.

CowboyMRW
11/8/2010, 12:45 PM
Sorry if this has been posted in any of the first seven pages, but just in case any of you dare enter Silly Stilly this season:

1- Don't ID your car as a Sooner vehicle. You might have mustard smeared on it by the time you return

2- Don't bother with the trash talking Poke fans. If they persist, remind them that OU and OSU students are actually very similar, in the fact that both applied to OU.

3- Get the eff outta the way of any paths to the field near the end of the fourth quarter. They will rush the field if they win. If they don't win but just come close, they will be camped on the side of the field ready to rush. Just... for your own safety, stand back, stand clear and when in doubt, duck and cover.
4- Sell your tickets and don't make the trip. I-35 is clogged for several hours afterward... and beforehand too. It's not worth the hassle and damaging your eyes from unsightly blinding orange.

I have made the trip twice. 2002 and 2004. Bad both times. Never want to go back, as much as I love Sooner football.

In regards to that one if we are to win, we will definitely storm the field as we will just have one the Big 12 south which is a huge deal to us. The 1st ever.

Sorry soonerchk for calling you a dude. I wasn't paying attention when I typed it out

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 12:56 PM
In regards to that one if we are to win, we will definitely storm the field as we will just have one the Big 12 south which is a huge deal to us. The 1st ever.

Sorry soonerchk for calling you a dude. I wasn't paying attention when I typed it out

Like I've said storming the field is for teams that don't expect to win.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2010, 01:04 PM

OSU was once known as Oklahoma A&M U and went by the aggie moniker. We call them aggies as a term of derision, not pride.

Aggie =/ aggie

CowboyMRW
11/8/2010, 01:07 PM
Like I've said storming the field is for teams that don't expect to win.

Not entirely true. Many times it will happen if it is a monster game that has as much implications as this one will. The winner gets to play in the CCG which is a big deal. Look at when teams win the Big 12 in basketball. They could be playing the 0-16 aTm team but still storm the court when they win if it means that they just won the regular season. Not everyone has 6 conference championships like yall do either so it's a monster deal to us if we were to win

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2010, 01:07 PM

1. Or keyed...

2. Useless to try and "argue" with an aggie. They think they are right and at the center of the Universe.

3.They may also boot you off the field even if you have permission.

4. Not to mention the traffic jamb from I-35 into stoolwater. Either sell them to an OU fan or don't use them. Crimson and Cream or an empty stadium, its all good either way...

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2010, 01:09 PM
Not entirely true. Many times it will happen if it is a monster game that has as much implications as this one will. The winner gets to play in the CCG which is a big deal. Look at when teams win the Big 12 in basketball. They could be playing the 0-16 aTm team but still storm the court when they win if it means that they just won the regular season. Not everyone has 6 conference championships like yall do either so it's a monster deal to us if we were to win

You just don't get it...

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 01:19 PM

I think it has more to do with this than first part of your post. OU's been in a lot of "monster" games and hasn't stormed the field. In 2000 against Nebbish, OU fans stormed the field and it was the only time I've ever seen this.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2010, 01:31 PM
I think it has more to do with this than first part of your post. OU's been in a lot of "monster" games and hasn't stormed the field. In 2000 against Nebbish, OU fans stormed the field and it was the only time I've ever seen this.

Yes, after years of Gibbs and Blake... We had forgotten what it was like. ;)

badger
11/8/2010, 01:40 PM

I assume you're a Poke and not the Dallas variety. Welcome to sf.com. Don't eff with the mods.

I would say rush the field, but you guys do it for everything. I know you're tired of this, but that is a Tech thing. They rushed the field after they beat Mizzou last week. What the eff. It was pointless.

Now, take you guys - you rushed our field in 2001, your fans camped on the sidelines ready to rush the field in 2002 when it didn't even come down to the final play and I can't speak for the other years in Stilly, but in 04, your fans camped the sideline once again hoping, praying for that final field goal to go through.

Don't rush your field. Don't tear down your own goalposts. Just celebrate in your stands, your newly expanded stadium stands. The ones you are forced to buy season tickets for in order to view this game in person. Those stands. Stay in them. I know you all will be tempted but just don't plan to rush to field this year.

:les: Cuz you're gonna lose to us fairweather fan cheatin' gooners![hairGel]

:stunned:

:D

OUmillenium
11/8/2010, 01:43 PM
I think our team/coaches will get up more for lOSUr and we will play better than our road losses. Doesn't mean I think we will win. Planning to DVR that game and only watch if we win. I can't stand our road game doooshery.

Rickety_Syd
11/8/2010, 01:49 PM
I'm seriously thinking about not even watching the OSU game. After watching the disaster at A&M (which I knew was going to happen anyway), I'm thinking Baylor may even kick our azz. If we played every game in Norman we'd be the best team in the country, but this team wouldn't win at Jenks. I really think OSU could just name their score against us.

I would be very happy to be wrong on that predicition, but I won't be.

CowboyMRW
11/8/2010, 01:55 PM
I assume you're a Poke and not the Dallas variety. Welcome to sf.com. Don't eff with the mods.

I would say rush the field, but you guys do it for everything. I know you're tired of this, but that is a Tech thing. They rushed the field after they beat Mizzou last week. What the eff. It was pointless.

Now, take you guys - you rushed our field in 2001, your fans camped on the sidelines ready to rush the field in 2002 when it didn't even come down to the final play and I can't speak for the other years in Stilly, but in 04, your fans camped the sideline once again hoping, praying for that final field goal to go through.

Don't rush your field. Don't tear down your own goalposts. Just celebrate in your stands, your newly expanded stadium stands. The ones you are forced to buy season tickets for in order to view this game in person. Those stands. Stay in them. I know you all will be tempted but just don't plan to rush to field this year.

:les: Cuz you're gonna lose to us fairweather fan cheatin' gooners![hairGel]

:stunned:

This is my 4th year in Stillwater and likely my last as I graduate next December and we have not rushed the field once. We haven't rushed since 2006 when we snapped huge streak against Nebraska. I've rushed 3 times in basketball though:D It really is something else when you rush as the players love it and its really what makes college sports so unique compared to professional sports.

Only the students rush anyways and I have several friends that go to OU so I don't hate you or anything, and they have all said that the student section is not very good at OU. That could be one reason you don't rush much (with the other that you are just that good and don't lose at home:D ).

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 01:58 PM
Yes, after years of Gibbs and Blake... We had forgotten what it was like. ;)

I wanted to say that, but didn't want to give the OSU guy trash talk fodder :D

CowboyMRW
11/8/2010, 01:58 PM
I think that no matter how many times you have won the Big 12 that if you win it on your home field you should rush. It shows great appreciation for the players and the hard work they have put in.

Every year you have freshmen that haven't ever experienced a south championship and they deserve to see the appreciation like that

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 02:02 PM
I think our team/coaches will get up more for lOSUr and we will play better than our road losses. Doesn't mean I think we will win. Planning to DVR that game and only watch if we win. I can't stand our road game doooshery.

I'm seriously thinking about not even watching the OSU game. After watching the disaster at A&M (which I knew was going to happen anyway), I'm thinking Baylor may even kick our azz. If we played every game in Norman we'd be the best team in the country, but this team wouldn't win at Jenks. I really think OSU could just name their score against us.

Not normally one to call people out, but you guys call yourself fans? "Ohh i'm not going to watch cause we might lose, boo hoo!!"

OU Engineer
11/8/2010, 02:04 PM
CowboyMRW:

welcome to sf.com

I would love to talk to your friends who say the student section sucks. I came to the oSu vs. aTm game and was one of the few people left in the student section halfway through the second quarter (Wearing crimson mind you) so I wouldn't say your students are so much better than ours.

But back to the nature of this thread: I doubt we get "smoked" by OSU, there is nothing that shows Gundy knows how to beat us, ESPECIALLY if a win against a talented and athletic Sooner team means a berth in the CCG.

I will NOT bet against us against the aggie slow poke, ever, and if you do you can leave this website.

That is all.

CowboyMRW
11/8/2010, 02:07 PM
CowboyMRW:

welcome to sf.com

I would love to talk to your friends who say the student section sucks. I came to the oSu vs. aTm game and was one of the few people left in the student section halfway through the second quarter (Wearing crimson mind you) so I wouldn't say your students are so much better than ours.

But back to the nature of this thread: I doubt we get "smoked" by OSU, there is nothing that shows Gundy knows how to beat us, ESPECIALLY if a win against a talented and athletic Sooner team means a berth in the CCG.

I will NOT bet against us against the aggie slow poke, ever, and if you do you can leave this website.

That is all.

They didn't say that it sucked, just that it's so small. I don't want to get into a fan arguement with you by no means.

I NEVER bet on my own team. Bad juju

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 02:07 PM
I think that no matter how many times you have won the Big 12 that if you win it on your home field you should rush. It shows great appreciation for the players and the hard work they have put in.

Every year you have freshmen that haven't ever experienced a south championship and they deserve to see the appreciation like that

Not really safe for anyone. After the Mizzou game this year, their fans rushed the field while the game was still going. Our players didn't have time to get off and were caught up in the crowd. I saw Mizzou fans slapping and hitting Landry on his helmet and back as he tried making his way through the crowd. If one of those crazy drunk fans had ill-intentions, which seemed pretty reasonable by the way they acted afterword, they could have been hurt. And honestly I don't care to get into a mob like that, where there's a good chance I could get maced.

AggieGirl2005
11/8/2010, 02:12 PM
Eh, I'm not a fan of rushing the field ever. I can't place a finger on why. I just don't like it. I think the Ag team knew we appreciated them Saturday night.

CowboyMRW
Not really safe for anyone. After the Mizzou game this year, their fans rushed the field while the game was still going. Our players didn't have time to get off and were caught up in the crowd. I saw Mizzou fans slapping and hitting Landry on his helmet and back as he tried making his way through the crowd. If one of those crazy drunk fans had ill-intentions, which seemed pretty reasonable by the way they acted afterword, they could have been hurt. And honestly I don't care to get into a mob like that, where there's a good chance I could get maced.

I completely understand that. You should definitely wait til the game is over. Players safety is of upmost concern. But if you know that you are going to lose and the crowd is going to rush, then as a coach your number 1 concern has to be to get to the lockerroom. Screw the handshake and congrats to the other coach, just get out safely. When we stormed against Kansas, everyone just went straight to our players. No one tried to do anything to the KU players so I would hope that it would be the same for football.

jumperstop
They didn't say that it sucked, just that it's so small. I don't want to get into a fan arguement with you by no means.

I NEVER bet on my own team. Bad juju

Well I never bet per se, but if I do think my team might lose I don't make a thread about it on the boards. Most games I believe OU will win, or at least should win though so it'd be kinda hard for to bet against them.

You seem to be a reasonable poster Cowboy, but sorry can't give ya any green. Got to be able to identify yall quickly. :D

CowboyMRW
11/8/2010, 02:13 PM
Well I never bet per se, but if I do think my team might lose I don't make a thread about it on the boards. Most games I believe OU will win, or at least should win though so it'd be kinda hard for to bet against them.

You seem to be a reasonable poster Cowboy, but sorry can't give ya any green. Got to be able to identify yall quickly. :D

Thanks ;)

And thanks for everyone welcoming me to the board

misplacedsooner
11/8/2010, 02:14 PM

you just blow me away. i will always sit through every game win or lose and cheer til there is no time on the clock. i love my team and wouldnt miss a second of them playing. to say we are going to lose before the game is even played...i dont even have words for that. you should be ashamed and should not call yourself a sooner fan.

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 02:14 PM
I completely understand that. You should definitely wait til the game is over. Players safety is of upmost concern. But if you know that you are going to lose and the crowd is going to rush, then as a coach your number 1 concern has to be to get to the lockerroom. Screw the handshake and congrats to the other coach, just get out safely. When we stormed against Kansas, everyone just went straight to our players. No one tried to do anything to the KU players so I would hope that it would be the same for football.

I mean yall were up by like 35 or something at one point, right? Is that the right game? I might talk **** as a fan after a come back like that, but a player should probably be more respectful to the fans at least. But it's saxet, what do you expect?

CowboyMRW
11/8/2010, 02:17 PM
I mean yall were up by like 35 or something at one point, right? Is that the right game? I might talk **** as a fan after a come back like that, but a player should probably be more respectful to the fans at least. But it's saxet, what do you expect?

Yea, very bad game for us. All the Texas fans I met that day were real cool and nice and easy to get along with. But man when them players came to us and were agging us on is when the students got pissed and threw water bottles and everything at them. How dumb do you have to be to come to the opposing student section and rub it in and think everything will be ok:confused:

StoopTroup
11/8/2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks ;)

And thanks for everyone welcoming me to the board

Did I welcome you to the board?

Oh yeah....maybe I did....

whorns by 10.

Good Luck to your team though. :D

TahoeSOONER
11/8/2010, 02:22 PM
you just blow me away. i will always sit through every game win or lose and cheer til there is no time on the clock. i love my team and wouldnt miss a second of them playing. to say we are going to lose before the game is even played...i dont even have words for that. you should be ashamed and should not call yourself a sooner fan.

This^

OSUAggie
11/8/2010, 02:28 PM

To be fair, I did ask you to quit playing that ****ing song before I did all of that.

misplacedsooner
11/8/2010, 02:34 PM
really, this thread should be totally deleted. cant believe this is even open for discussion.

badger
11/8/2010, 02:45 PM
Eh, I'm not a fan of rushing the field ever. I can't place a finger on why.

I bet I know why :)
http://www.mattwalters.com/web/texastech/images/rivalry/aggies/CorpsSabreSMU.jpg

At the end of every senior boot is a sharp heel. :eek:

btb916
11/8/2010, 02:48 PM

Third finest, after we send Neb out with a loss and win a BCS bowl game :D

StoopTroup
11/8/2010, 02:51 PM
Gumby is full of hot air IMO.

http://blogontherun.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/gumby.JPG

AggieGirl2005
11/8/2010, 02:51 PM
I bet I know why :)
http://www.mattwalters.com/web/texastech/images/rivalry/aggies/CorpsSabreSMU.jpg

At the end of every senior boot is a sharp heel. :eek:

LOL...touche.

badger
11/8/2010, 02:54 PM

:D I like the way this guy thinks!

Seriously though folks, we are gonna give Aggroid its comeuppance, much like we did last year. We have a lot less to lose now that we have two losses this year, so we are going to take more risks and Landry will relax a little on the road. It worked wonders last year when we won by 27.

OSUGOPOKES
11/8/2010, 04:17 PM
OSU needs to just do what they have been doing to win games. The defense is getting much better than the beginning of the season. The team is smart and know that each week comes a new opponent. Like already stated OSU and OU need to get pass the next 2 weeks before worrying about B3dlam.

I honestly feel that there is no "mental hurdle" that OSU needs to get over to beat UT or OU, they just need to play well (like they have been). I also don't think OU fans need to freak out about having the 2 losses they have. I understand they may have "higher standards", but come on its college ball anything can happen.

Anyway, good luck on the next 2 games. I'm biased but I have a feeling Stillwater will be another road loss for OU.

-John

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2010, 04:25 PM
Dear John,

Most OU fans don't refer to the OU-osu series as the "B" word while it seems the majority of the Cowboy fans do...Any ideas?

texaspokieokie
11/8/2010, 04:54 PM
:D I like the way this guy thinks!

Seriously though folks, we are gonna give Aggroid its comeuppance, much like we did last year. We have a lot less to lose now that we have two losses this year, so we are going to take more risks and Landry will relax a little on the road. It worked wonders last year when we won by 27.

yep, but last year it wasn't on the road.

JLMSOONER
11/8/2010, 05:15 PM
H

JLMSOONER
11/8/2010, 05:16 PM
I bet the pokies meet finchy ina

JLMSOONER
11/8/2010, 05:19 PM
Oops. Sorry. Phone went bonkers. I bet the pokies meet finchy in a bad way. Roy has a big game and opens up the pass for landry.

badger
11/8/2010, 05:25 PM
yep, but last year it wasn't on the road.

I know that :rcmad: just got it's first win over us since 2002, but we've been winning at home and on the road against them for awhile. Same goes for the Pokes... since 2002 :eek:

Don't fret - we had a very good chance to win Saturday and just dropped a pass here and missed a FG there and had a snap go over Landry's head to set the tone. We are going to be prepared much better for Stilly, even if it is their bowl-game-before-we-regularly-attended-bowl-games or whatever.

Even if it's in Pokeland, Bone Pick Stadium, etc etc., we'll compete.

texaspokieokie
11/8/2010, 05:26 PM
landry shoulda caught that snap.

badger
11/8/2010, 06:00 PM
landry shoulda caught that snap.

Lots of shouldas in that game :(

misplacedsooner
11/8/2010, 07:32 PM
Dear John,

Most OU fans don't refer to the OU-osu series as the "B" word while it seems the majority of the Cowboy fans do...Any ideas?

oh my, a dear john letter

Rickety_Syd
11/8/2010, 07:54 PM

I was exagerating a little. I'll watch, but if it starts getting out of hand, you can bet I'll switch it off. Just because I won't watch every second of a beatdown does not mean I'm not a real fan. I get no joy out of it.

Predicting a loss also does not mean I'm not a real fan, if a loss is exactly how I feel. And since I'm not playing, I can have any attitude I want.

cvsooner
11/8/2010, 08:05 PM
It is being played in the state of Oklahoma, which improves our chances quite a bit.

CrimsonRez
11/8/2010, 09:58 PM
Pokes lecturing STEP about football and OU-OsU...I've now seen it all. Good luck pokes, I sure hope you're convincing victory over Baylor gives you all the confidence you need to carry the day.

swardboy
11/8/2010, 11:04 PM
So, do we have a chance?

StoopTroup
11/8/2010, 11:05 PM
whorns by 10

soonerborn30
11/9/2010, 02:08 AM
So, do we have a chance?

None whatsoever.

Seriously. Look at the way things are lining up. Road game. Team that hasn't beaten us in forever. Basically a scrimmage the week before for them. I'm not going to preface it by saying "I hope I'm wrong" because I think that's weak, bet-hedging BS. If there is a factual argument you can make for us winning that game, I'd love to hear it. None of this "I love my Sooners and we'll find a way" crap. How in the world are we going to manage to do it?

misplacedsooner
11/9/2010, 02:33 AM
i honestly believe we are a better team

Leroy Lizard
11/9/2010, 02:35 AM
If there is a factual argument you can make for us winning that game, I'd love to hear it. None of this "I love my Sooners and we'll find a way" crap. How in the world are we going to manage to do it?

Because we're playing OSU and they'll find a way to lose.

We suit up as many players as they do. We can beat 'em.

CrimsonRez
11/9/2010, 04:05 AM
Cause We're Mother ****ing Oklahoma thats why we're gonna win

soonerborn30
11/9/2010, 09:43 AM
Were we not mother effing Oklahoma in Columbia? What about Collie Station?
When exactly do we turn on the Oklahoma button?

ExtraBedlamTix
11/9/2010, 11:26 AM
I have 2 Bedlam tickets for sale if anyone wants to be there to see the outcome, whatever it may be....

C&CDean
11/9/2010, 12:15 PM
None whatsoever.

Seriously. Look at the way things are lining up. Road game. Team that hasn't beaten us in forever. Basically a scrimmage the week before for them. I'm not going to preface it by saying "I hope I'm wrong" because I think that's weak, bet-hedging BS. If there is a factual argument you can make for us winning that game, I'd love to hear it. None of this "I love my Sooners and we'll find a way" crap. How in the world are we going to manage to do it?

By scoring more points? Geez, some of you don't even watch the games do you? OU is a couple Landry brain-farts, a couple dropped passes and ints, and a few O-line blocks away from still being #1 in the BCS. All that in spite of Wilson/Venables alleged "horrid" coaching. You sound like OSU is unbeatable or something. They're ****ing aggies. We're ****ing Sooners. They very well may win, but it ain't like we're not capable.

Man, some of our "fans" really do suck. Yes, I'm getting tired of saying it.

soonerfan69
11/9/2010, 12:22 PM
I have 2 OU-OSU tickets for sale if anyone wants to be there to see the outcome, whatever it may be....

How much and where are they?

SOONER44EVER
11/9/2010, 12:24 PM
How much and where are they?

Ditto

ExtraBedlamTix
11/9/2010, 12:34 PM
Ditto

They are on the South West side on the 20 yard line (section 308). It's the upper section but they are really good seats. I'm asking $700 for the pair. And I'm sorry if this isn't supposed to be here!

3rdgensooner
11/9/2010, 12:53 PM
I'm asking $700 for the pair.*spit takes water across desk*

SOONER44EVER
11/9/2010, 12:56 PM
They are on the South West side on the 20 yard line (section 308). It's the upper section but they are really good seats. I'm asking $700 for the pair. And I'm sorry if this isn't supposed to be here!
Holy Crap!!! I thought you said OU-OSU..............not the Super Bowl.

Rickety_Syd
11/9/2010, 02:37 PM
By scoring more points? Geez, some of you don't even watch the games do you? OU is a couple Landry brain-farts, a couple dropped passes and ints, and a few O-line blocks away from still being #1 in the BCS. All that in spite of Wilson/Venables alleged "horrid" coaching. You sound like OSU is unbeatable or something. They're ****ing aggies. We're ****ing Sooners. They very well may win, but it ain't like we're not capable.

Man, some of our "fans" really do suck. Yes, I'm getting tired of saying it.

I think that was the kind of answer Soonerborn was saying was BS. And your laundry list of almosts are exactly why we're not No. 1 anymore. Those mistakes are what seperates the contenders and the pretenders.

Are we capable? Of course. But when you point out the mistakes that this team continually makes on the road, then you're kind of arguing against yourself.

Cornfed
11/9/2010, 03:27 PM
I'll bet the t-shirt and diplomas are special this year....:P

TheHumanAlphabet
11/9/2010, 03:36 PM
I'd give you about $2 for those tix. Will that work?

OSUGOPOKES
11/9/2010, 05:00 PM
Dear John,

because OU is OSU's biggest rivalry game, while UT is OU's biggest rivalry game??

stoops the eternal pimp
11/9/2010, 05:03 PM
OK...makes sense....

Thanks!

badger
11/9/2010, 06:12 PM
btw - there was a shooting on the Stillwater campus today. Non-fatal, student's already outta the hospital I've heard and it was about a laptop.

More info in this article here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20101109_11_0_STILLW667329)

Before any resident Pokes report back to OP.com to hear about how classless us fairweather fan cheatin' gooners are, let's hear from OSU's own Matt Pilgrim!

So there (is) a shooter on OSU campus aka Stillwater. Hate to (say) it, but I can see why LOL.”

If that isn't bad enough for you Pokes to read...

“I was referring to how Stillwater is so boring for some people that it can turn you crazy."

and he excuses it all by continuing with:

If you don’t like (what) I say, stop following me."

You can read is eventual apology here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20101109_93_0_Olhmtt185271)

Twitter is nothing but trouble for athletes. Probably should get banned and stuff.

StoopTroup
11/9/2010, 06:20 PM
I think it should be called Beglam. They are begging for us to whip their asses again.

badger
11/9/2010, 06:24 PM
I think it should be called Beglam. They are begging for us to whip their asses again.

How bout Beglamb?

http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/wheataggiesheepkiss.gif

stoopified
11/9/2010, 06:25 PM
I recall similar statements were made all over the internet and on TV and in newsbefore last years stomping of T.Boone State. Funny how that turned out.

silverwheels
11/9/2010, 07:02 PM
btw - there was a shooting on the Stillwater campus today. Non-fatal, student's already outta the hospital I've heard and it was about a laptop.

What was Cameron Newton doing in Stillwater?

dvdcrr
11/9/2010, 07:51 PM
not so fast friends! Gimme that headgear; Its all OU baby. You got the defense.

jumperstop
11/9/2010, 07:53 PM
How bout Beglamb?

http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/wheataggiesheepkiss.gif

That gif is hillarious!

batonrougesooner
11/29/2010, 03:59 PM
Figured it was only fair to bump.

Yes I was wrong. Glad I was. :)

SoonerShay
3/8/2011, 06:52 PM
I'll bump again becuase I was bored.

jumperstop
3/8/2011, 06:57 PM
At least the OP manned up to his wrong statement.

SoonerShay
3/8/2011, 07:02 PM
At least the OP manned up to his wrong statement.

Some other posters should follow his lead and do the same. cdawg, I'm looking at you.

agoo758
3/8/2011, 07:35 PM
Figured it was only fair to bump.

Yes I was wrong. Glad I was. :)

Well said sir. Now if only we can get people like LID to own up to their mistakes.....like, for example, being themselves.

MyT Oklahoma
3/8/2011, 07:44 PM
Lid is a "people"? Really? :D

btb916
3/8/2011, 08:29 PM

I stand by this. :stunned:

SoonerOX
3/8/2011, 11:35 PM
Eating crow after screwing up a prediction is always good policy.

CowboyMRW
3/9/2011, 12:47 AM
Wait... so yall actually won in Stillwater? I thought it was all a dream and I've been drinking ever since

SoonerOX
3/9/2011, 01:20 AM
Nothing wrong with that Cowboy...drink on

85sooners
3/9/2011, 06:39 AM
:eek:

HBick
3/9/2011, 11:59 AM
I can't wait to go to Stoolwater this season. I always get slobber knocker drunk and 2 out of the last 4 times I've been there I've been lucky enough to experience Payne County Jail, and let me tell you, it's good for the soul, makes you appreciate Cleveland County.

I'm going for 3 out of 5.

And yes I'm not serious

CU Sooner
3/9/2011, 04:41 PM
while you are there ask to see there championship ring:O

Wishboned
3/9/2011, 04:51 PM
Wait... so yall actually won in Stillwater? I thought it was all a dream and I've been drinking ever since

It's what most of you guys call a recurring nightmare.

JLEW1818
3/9/2011, 05:22 PM
we clinched the big 12 south OUr last 2 visits to Stoolwater

CobraKai
3/9/2011, 07:39 PM

No shame in that. I was drunk from 1995 to 1998 for similar reasons.