PDA

View Full Version : It is sad though...

landrun
11/7/2010, 11:33 AM
Calling a run up the gut 12 times in a row is pretty dumb.

But it if you think about it, it is pretty said that our 4 and 5 start Oline recruits couldn't push a bunch of 3 start recruits back 2 yards so we could score at least once on 12 attempts.The o line sucked last night.

I'm still angry this morning... :( :mad:

Edit: calling a run up the gut 4 times a row on 3 different occasions...

mightysooner
11/7/2010, 11:34 AM
Give Vulnerables and Wilson a raise!

budbarrybob
11/7/2010, 11:36 AM

But it if you think about it, it is pretty said that our 4 and 5 start Oline recruits couldn't push a bunch of 3 start recruits back 2 yards so we could score at least once on 12 attempts.The o line sucked last night.

I'm still angry this morning... :( :mad:

Edit: calling a run up the gut 4 times a row on 3 different occasions...

I'm not angry, I'm sad. I'd like to think things will change this year but I've come to accept the fact they won't. Can some one give me some of their Paxil?

thunderlounge
11/7/2010, 11:41 AM
Well, yes, it was pretty sad.

If things are to change, it needs to change in the recruiting chutes first. I sure wouldn't be disappointed with some more size on the line.

Well, that and they really need to find someone to take the snaps that doesn't have a gag reflex and won't choke when more than 2 miles outside of Norman.

Keep an eye on Millard, though. He may prove to be a good gain as he matures.

TahoeSOONER
11/7/2010, 11:44 AM
I could see Von Miller coming off the edge causing havoc on pass plays, why we didn't chip with a TE is crazy, but we should be able to run on that defense.

Okie35
11/7/2010, 11:54 AM
I could see Von Miller coming off the edge causing havoc on pass plays, why we didn't chip with a TE is crazy, but we should be able to run on that defense.

We were until we got to the goal line. I don't get why we didn't do any PAs down there but hopefully everyone learns from this game.

SouthFortySooner
11/7/2010, 11:57 AM
What would have been your question had they scored?

scarab
11/7/2010, 12:08 PM
What would have been your question had they scored?

OU was not going to score, you know it, I know it and everyone else knows it. This problem goes way back 4 or 5 years. Inside the 5 yard line we have not been able to score on the ground consistently. Since the NC game against FL we have probably scored a TD 2 or 3 times with a run inside the 5 yd line.

Only one thing fixes this pile of crap, change the mind set by removing the OC KDUB. True idiot he is.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 12:12 PM
Does this help?

http://image1.masterfile.com/getImage/NjAwLTAxMDE1Mzk1bi4wMDAwMDAwMA=AMb--u/600-01015395n.jpg

It didn't go over to well last night.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 12:25 PM
OU was not going to score, you know it, I know it and everyone else knows it.

Murray scored on the play earlier in the game.

Okie35
11/7/2010, 12:45 PM
Murray scored on the play earlier in the game.

Yea, I think its funny him saying it goes back 4-5 years. I bet if the stats were brought out for goal line rushing TDs, it'll be a pretty high percentage.

Partial Qualifier
11/7/2010, 12:57 PM

To be fair, our o-line is still a bunch of 2nd-stringers & converted tight ends, and they're being asked to stay cohesive in this manic no-huddle offense that doesn't really lend itself to strong OL play. When you're snapping the ball 104 times a game, it's hard to have the strength needed for effective run-blocking.

If you watch closely, most of these guys can barely muster a block anyway. We haven't had great run-blocking in years.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 06:14 PM
Keep in mind that the decision to run it in on the last goal-line possession may have been Stoops'.

JRAM
11/7/2010, 06:26 PM
Damn, Landrun, learn how to spell and construct a freakin sentence.

LiveLaughLove
11/7/2010, 06:36 PM
The "dumb" part of it all isn't whether the percentages or past performance suggest we should have gotten in the end zone.

The dumb part is all of the clock time we used trying to do so. Quick passes in the end zone, either score, or drop incomplete and stop the clock or get INT'ed.

If the third is a huge concern on a 1 yard pass, well then that says a lot about our confidence in LJ.

We couldn't afford to waste the time we did. But we did.

The last 6 minutes of the game were singly the most amatuer play calling vs clock management I can recall at OU. I've never called for one of the coaches to go, but I would not be sad to see KW gone, whether by his choice or Bob's.

Just as Vince Young made GD and Mack Brown look great, I'm starting to think Sam did so for KW.