PDA

View Full Version : As an aside, do you think the serial "cramps" during OU's offensive series...

Okla-homey
11/7/2010, 09:29 AM
by the same guy were faked in order to slow the tempo and give the aTm D a rest?

I do.

kevpks
11/7/2010, 09:33 AM
I wish there was something that could be done about that BS if for no other reason than it makes football almost unwatchable. Make the guy stay out for more than one play if the same "injury" keeps popping up.

HolaKyle
11/7/2010, 09:34 AM
When the same guy goes down 4 times, it makes you wonder. And it always happened to be after the first down.

"First down OU! Wait... there is someone down on the field..."

The unfortunate part is that they would work on the player on the field. If they really were cramping, instead of working on the player on the sideline while we were running our offense, they would make sure the player was back ASAP.

It was pretty bushleague, I thought.

UteSooner
11/7/2010, 09:36 AM
The thought crossed my mind when it was happening.

Okla-homey
11/7/2010, 09:37 AM
Four times. After OU conversions. I know, coulda. woulda, shoulda, BUT...I think it may quite possibly may have made the difference last night.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 09:39 AM
If it were fake, I think they would have used someone other than Miller to do the faking since he had to sit out a play afterward. But I do think they were taking an extremely long time to deal with a player who is not hurt.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2010, 09:42 AM
stops momentum...tulsa perfected this technique against us a few years back...we discussed this last night a lot and i think it reared its head again

Okla-homey
11/7/2010, 09:43 AM
If it were fake, I think they would have used someone other than Miller to do the faking since he had to sit out a play afterward. But I do think they were taking an extremely long time to deal with a player who is not hurt.

IMHO, I think that's precisely why you ask your defensive monster Miller to fake the cramps. It would appear even more suspect if some lower profile player was pulling that crap.

It wasn't hot last night. And the guy had all day to hydrate for a 6pm kick. Balderdash I sez.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 09:50 AM
IMHO, I think that's precisely why you ask your defensive monster Miller to fake the cramps. It would appear even more suspect if some lower profile player was pulling that crap.

It wasn't hot last night. And the guy had all day to hydrate for a 6pm kick. Balderdash I sez.

You don't have to worry about who is faking because there is no rule or enforcement to worry about. I don't doubt Miller had cramps and once a player gets them, they will come back. But I think they were taking so much time exactly because it was Miller and they wanted the cramps to pass so he could come back after sitting out 1 play. If it had been a lesser player, they would have just sent in a sub right away. I don't see anything that could be done about this other than change the rules. For example, they could mandate the player sit out more than 1 play after repeated instances.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2010, 09:54 AM
Kragthorpe probably taught em that before he left

Okla-homey
11/7/2010, 09:57 AM
You don't have to worry about who is faking because there is no rule or enforcement to worry about. I don't doubt Miller had cramps and once a player gets them, they will come back. But I think they were taking so much time exactly because it was Miller and they wanted the cramps to pass so he could come back after sitting out 1 play. If it had been a lesser player, they would have just sent in a sub right away. I don't see anything that could be done about this other than change the rules. For example, they could mandate the player sit out more than 1 play after repeated instances.

I suggest linking the number of plays he must sit out to the number of times he goes down. i.e. secoind time he pulls it, must sit out two plays, etc.

HolaKyle
11/7/2010, 10:03 AM
I suggest linking the number of plays he must sit out to the number of times he goes down. i.e. secoind time he pulls it, must sit out two plays, etc.

Good idea

soonersweetie
11/7/2010, 10:16 AM
I definitely thought that.

MeMyself&Me
11/7/2010, 10:47 AM

This. If the injury is faked, it would be with a lesser player. Players with cramps should be taken to the sideline to be worked out though so that the game can continue. If he can't get back in because OU is snapping the ball so quick... tough.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/7/2010, 11:10 AM
actually i thought the biggest gamesmanship and flat out abuse of the rules were the aTm defensive subs. being able to run the playclock down to 5 by subbing was just absolutely brilliant.

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 11:12 AM
We should be good enough to overcome this type of sheet.

agoo758
11/7/2010, 11:22 AM
In sports like soccer and Rugby, at least from what I have seen, when a player is hurt, they drag him off the field as soon as possible and work on him on the sidelines, in football they sit there in the middle of the field and hold up the game for ten minutes. That is one thing that annoys me about this otherwise great sport. :mad:

Okie35
11/7/2010, 11:23 AM

Timely cramps? really? I've never seen real ones like that before.

sooner ngintunr
11/7/2010, 11:27 AM
I thought it was bull****.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/7/2010, 11:28 AM
I don't remember the exact scenario, but in the game for the NC in 'Jan. '09 with FU, either the FU players or the refs were continuously stopping the play, in order to slow us down.

CrimsonJim
11/7/2010, 11:28 AM
Miller sure didn't look too hobbled up after the game...

thunderlounge
11/7/2010, 11:36 AM
They did seem a bit "convenient", yes. The first two, anyway. Anything after that had amateur hour written all over it.

However, I don't think we can pin that down as making any real difference. There was 55 minutes or so before that which made the difference.

TahoeSOONER
11/7/2010, 11:37 AM
No doubt in my mind they were faked to slow things down and like Rush said Florida did the exact damn think and even swiped at the ball once, of course no call.

I think if they go down twice in a series they should have to sit out the series.

It helped out that defense tremendously.

Okie35
11/7/2010, 11:53 AM
Only person I saw go down for us was T-Lewis and he was trying to get back up.

Okie35
11/7/2010, 11:53 AM
Miller sure didn't look too hobbled up after the game...

He was jumping up and down.

budbarrybob
11/7/2010, 12:04 PM

^^This only it should be exponential :mad:

Dr. Butthurt
11/7/2010, 12:25 PM
LOL. So I was told the butthurt was bad over here, but who would have thought it would result in this thread. Man up and accept the loss.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 12:27 PM
LOL. So I was told the butthurt was bad over here, but who would have thought it would result in this thread. Man up and accept the loss.

Ease up there. After a loss fans typically start blaming refs and cry about dirty tactics. We only have one thread here on the subject, so we're doing pretty well.

Well, except for the emotionally-challenged Nancies that act like we're 0-8.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/7/2010, 12:33 PM

Most of the threads do just that *** face. Is "butthurt" your new internet word? Did you get that off of some other board that was "butthurting" or did you make up that one so it would catch on like wildfire? Go **** yourself.

BTW, I don't know or care if the guy faked his cramps. OU needed to get a hat on that guy.

Dr. Butthurt
11/7/2010, 12:35 PM
Most of the threads do just that *** face. Is "butthurt" your new internet word? Did you get that off of some other board that was "butthurting" or did you make up that one so it would catch on like wildfire? Go **** yourself.

BTW, I don't know or care if the guy faked his cramps. OU needed to get a hat on that guy.

Wow, sounds like you have a bad case of it. T&Ps my friend.

Partial Qualifier
11/7/2010, 12:44 PM
Texas A&M has a history of doing this. So does OSU.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/7/2010, 12:45 PM
Wow, sounds like you have a bad case of it. T&Ps my friend.

I have no idea what t and p is you idiotic troll. Something else that you came up with I suppose.

Dr. Butthurt.

How stupid is that?

SoonerLB
11/7/2010, 12:47 PM
I have no idea what t and p is you idiotic troll. Something else that you came up with I suppose.

Dr. Butthurt.

How stupid is that?

It's a ghey thing, don't get involved. ;)

Dr. Butthurt
11/7/2010, 12:57 PM

Dr. Butthurt.

How stupid is that?

It's that feeling you got when Swope caught the 64yd TD to go up by 2 scores, or when Big Game Bob tried to get cute at the end of the game. Silly okie. Now tell your sister/wife to come rub it for you. :)

11/7/2010, 01:06 PM
It's that feeling you got when Swope caught the 64yd TD to go up by 2 scores, or when Big Game Bob tried to get cute at the end of the game. Silly okie. Now tell your sister/wife to come rub it for you. :)Now, go beat those whorn and laugh at 'em.

jumperstop
11/7/2010, 01:07 PM
It's that feeling you got when Swope caught the 64yd TD to go up by 2 scores, or when Big Game Bob tried to get cute at the end of the game. Silly okie. Now tell your sister/wife to come rub it for you. :)

You must be in high school or something. I guess since you guys traditionally suck dick, can't blame you too much for coming on here and gloating after a win. Who seriously does that?

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 01:08 PM
We should be good enough to overcome this type of sheet.

Your right of course but they don't put that 12th man crap up on the wall for no reason. Busting rhythm and momentum is all apart of us playing these folks on the road. It's also why so many Sooner Fans are disgusted with our Home Crowds. They just expect us to be that good. What happens when we're not that good? Isn't it good to have the edge that others use against you? Are we going to make our players live to a higher code and be really nice guys?

Should we endure bad refereeing to boot?

Of course we shouldn't. Homey's got a great point about making these guys sit out a few snaps....but hell....some of these refs can't make a good call with a 8 view replay and expecting them to be able to keep track of how many snaps a kid needs to sit out might mean we need one of those hockey penalty boxes....lol

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 01:10 PM

You know you're popular when Dr. Butthurt comes to call.

Dr. Butthurt
11/7/2010, 01:13 PM
You must be in high school or something. I guess since you guys traditionally suck dick, can't blame you too much for coming on here and gloating after a win. Who seriously does that?

You must have been hanging out with Jason White's 3rd leg. It looks as if you have serious case of it yourself. I'm sure there is a free clinic in the general area of your house on wheels.

oudavid1
11/7/2010, 01:31 PM
Im sure he was cramping and i dont suspect any cheap play there. If he was hurt, than he needed attention.

XingTheRubicon
11/7/2010, 01:42 PM
Travis Lewis' cramps says hi.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 01:44 PM
Travis Lewis' cramps says hi.

I was surprised to see him on the ground. When he's down...I figure he punctured a lung or something.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 01:56 PM
If aTm was using their best player to fake cramps and take himself out of the game, then I say thank-you aTm for being stupid. You could have used some player that we could handle. Point is, it is not against the rules and impossible to enforce if it was. The only deterrent is the requirement to sit out one play and that was happening. So if the other guy can use the rules to hurt us, it's OUr problem.

Okla-homey
11/7/2010, 01:59 PM
You must have been hanging out with Jason White's 3rd leg. It looks as if you have serious case of it yourself. I'm sure there is a free clinic in the general area of your house on wheels.

Dr. Buttsex,

We have a rule around here. It involves not gloating on other fan boards. The reason being, we've won a few games games since 1890, and seven national championships. You see, it's a matter of acting like you've "been there before."

Of course, I understand, being an Aggie, and worshipping dead dogs. And building big piles of wood to burn, that sometimes don't kill people when they collapse. And nut-squeezing, and playing dress-up in leather knee boots and riding pants, means you've never been there before.

So, I guess this sort of crap is to be expected.

Congrats on your biggest win over the last ten years. And for the record, its the biggest win for you people in the last ten years because it was against OU. Never forget that.

Now, go f--- yourself.

Dr. Butthurt
11/7/2010, 02:07 PM
Dr. Buttsex,

We have a rule around here. It involves not gloating on other fan boards. The reason being, we've won a few games games since 1890, and seven national championships. You see, it's a matter of acting like you've "been there before."

Of course, I understand, being an Aggie, and worshipping dead dogs. And building big piles of wood to burn, that sometimes don't kill people when they collapse. And nut-squeezing, and playing dress-up in leather knee boots and riding pants, means you've never there before.

So, I guess this sort of crap is to be expected.

Congrats on your biggest win over the last ten years. And for the record, its the biggest win for you people in the last ten years because it was against OU. Never forget that.

Now, go f--- yourself.

WebMD says Butthurt is highly contagious. Evidenced by your post full of it. Get well soon. I'll be praying for you. Classy comment about bonfire. You are truly a special person.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 02:09 PM
Dr. Butthurt is probably Lid's personal Physician so I'm guessing he's here to try and help Lid get past all of this.

Okla-homey
11/7/2010, 02:11 PM
WebMD says Butthurt is highly contagious. Evidenced by your post full of it. Get well soon. I'll be praying for you. Classy comment about bonfire. You are truly a special person.

You still here? Don't you have wood to pile? Be careful with that. It's dangerous.

SoonerMarkVA
11/7/2010, 02:16 PM
actually i thought the biggest gamesmanship and flat out abuse of the rules were the aTm defensive subs. being able to run the playclock down to 5 by subbing was just absolutely brilliant.

I was wondering about that. I thought it was some home cookin' by the clock crew. Is it seriously legit that while the refs are holding up play because of defensive subs, that the play clock continues to run? If so, wow, that's complete garbage.

I also noticed on the first down pass to Stills with just under 2 minutes that he ran out of bounds on his own, but as soon as they set the chains they started the clock again. Is that legit also? If so, I simply do not understand the logic behind these clock rules.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 02:23 PM
I was wondering about that. I thought it was some home cookin' by the clock crew. Is it seriously legit that while the refs are holding up play because of defensive subs, that the play clock continues to run? If so, wow, that's complete garbage.

I also noticed on the first down pass to Stills with just under 2 minutes that he ran out of bounds on his own, but as soon as they set the chains they started the clock again. Is that legit also? If so, I simply do not understand the logic behind these clock rules.

I would like to know the exact rules on substitution as well. I know if the offense subs, then the defense has some amount of time to sub, but I don't know the time period. But if we chose to substitute, then we should already have the play called and just run it. We can't rely on having enough time to audible in that situation, so it has to be part of our game management.

I didn't notice the Stills play, but if the clock was under 2 minutes, it should not have restarted until the next snap. That would be an error on the refs.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 02:55 PM

At 12:02 in the game we were already 9 points down. An awful way to start the game for sure. After Flemings INT, over 3 and a half minutes on the drive, we moved the ball downfield all the way to the A&M 4 yard line. We're using the fast tempo and snaps and at 2nd and goal A&M called Timeout because we were really trying to screw with them defending us. A&M's TO really slowed things down enough for them to keep Murray out of the EZ. We should have scored right there and we didn't.

Those Defensive subs didn't keep us out of the EZ....but Sherman definitely reacted to them early. IMO his TO there allowed them to defend and put a stop to the drive. It was good Coaching as even with the penalties going our way and marching all the way to the 3....they killed the drive and the 1st qtr was over for us. Being down 9 already and the 1st qtr gone....Sherman had to be happier than hell to be in that shape against us.

Logic might suck and there might even be a little Home Cooking...but we should have gotten back into the game and made it 7-9 going into the 2nd qtr. We kept making it harder and harder to get control of this game and it finally blew up in our face in the 4th qtr.

SoonerMarkVA
11/7/2010, 03:26 PM
I would like to know the exact rules on substitution as well. I know if the offense subs, then the defense has some amount of time to sub, but I don't know the time period. But if we chose to substitute, then we should already have the play called and just run it. We can't rely on having enough time to audible in that situation, so it has to be part of our game management.

The time to sub is fine; keeping the play clock moving is what's baffling. On one of those, the play clock was down to 5 seconds by the time the refs signaled that OU could snap the ball. That's just crazy.

At 12:02 in the game we were already 9 points down. An awful way to start the game for sure. After Flemings INT, over 3 and a half minutes on the drive, we moved the ball downfield all the way to the A&M 4 yard line. We're using the fast tempo and snaps and at 2nd and goal A&M called Timeout because we were really trying to screw with them defending us. A&M's TO really slowed things down enough for them to keep Murray out of the EZ. We should have scored right there and we didn't.

Those Defensive subs didn't keep us out of the EZ....but Sherman definitely reacted to them early. IMO his TO there allowed them to defend and put a stop to the drive. It was good Coaching as even with the penalties going our way and marching all the way to the 3....they killed the drive and the 1st qtr was over for us. Being down 9 already and the 1st qtr gone....Sherman had to be happier than hell to be in that shape against us.

Logic might suck and there might even be a little Home Cooking...but we should have gotten back into the game and made it 7-9 going into the 2nd qtr. We kept making it harder and harder to get control of this game and it finally blew up in our face in the 4th qtr.

I didn't mean to imply that the loss was because of the issues. I seriously just wanted to know if the clock enforcement was according to the rules because, if so, I find it pretty stupid.

Piware
11/7/2010, 03:28 PM
Miller will probably be an All American candidate again this year but he will for sure be a nominee for an Academy Award. I bought it the first time but by the 4th time - not so much. Bogus!

11/7/2010, 03:35 PM
Don't blow yourself up in the kitchen/meth lab/sister *ucking station. :eek:You must be a real joy to your mother.

How representative are you of aggy?

HolaKyle
11/7/2010, 04:58 PM
Don't blow yourself up in the kitchen/meth lab/sister *ucking station. :eek:

77-0

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 05:00 PM
The time to sub is fine; keeping the play clock moving is what's baffling. On one of those, the play clock was down to 5 seconds by the time the refs signaled that OU could snap the ball. That's just crazy.

I didn't mean to imply that the loss was because of the issues. I seriously just wanted to know if the clock enforcement was according to the rules because, if so, I find it pretty stupid.

They've screwed around with it. Bob knows about it too....so I'm not one to give him an excuse because it's stupid. Our Guys know how the game is played. Us spectators are left to scratch our heads sometimes though.

OneTimePoster
11/7/2010, 05:08 PM

Of course, I understand, being an Aggie, and worshiping dead dogs. And building big piles of wood to burn, that sometimes don't kill people when they collapse. And nut-squeezing, and playing dress-up in leather knee boots and riding pants, means you've never been there before.
First of all, I agree with you about gloating on another team's board, its ridiculous. However, I don't think its right of you to reference the bonfire tragedy. This was a football game. That was a very real incident in which 12 students lost their lives, not a joke. For you to call out someone as classless and then reference that is extremely hypocritical and uncalled for.

Okla-homey
11/7/2010, 06:26 PM
First of all, I agree with you about gloating on another team's board, its ridiculous. However, I don't think its right of you to reference the bonfire tragedy. This was a football game. That was a very real incident in which 12 students lost their lives, not a joke. For you to call out someone as classless and then reference that is extremely hypocritical and uncalled for.

Lighten up Francis.

It appears you people are still smarting from that completely preventable and mindless bonfire incident. Letting hundreds of drunk undergrads pile up logs vertically in tiers with no adult supervision or engineering involvment. What could possibly go wrong?

You guys are the ones always touting your precious "traditions," that, BTW, the rest of the country think are ridiculous. One of those ill-advised "traditions" once got some people killed. Tragedy? Sure. But it was completely self-inflicted, and nobody's fault but that of you people.

And for the record, the aTm troll started this fandango.

jagvocate
11/7/2010, 06:28 PM
OU defensive players were cramping, too. I remember one of your top LB's being carted off the field and being treated for "electrolytes" on the sidelines

OU ran 100+ plays, pushing the limits of football players' capacities to compete

We don't have a 4-star or 5-star players at every position, so if our All-American LB keeps playing through cramps, then block his *** and keep him off of your QB and off of your RB from Las Vegas

Scott D
11/7/2010, 07:30 PM
The cramps were legit so far as I could tell. Once you start getting them they aren't going to go away anytime soon.

redassag12
11/7/2010, 07:38 PM
**** all you inbred, cousin ****ing, cum guzzling, low lifed, litte ****s...

its perfectly fine for yall to make fun of bonfire collapsing that killed students... im glad making fun of it makes you feel better about yourself.. honestly, i am...
i let yall get back to your meth making, and enjoy having sex with your sister or cousin one

and scoreboard btches

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/2802/suicide.gif

OU-HSV
11/7/2010, 07:55 PM
by the same guy were faked in order to slow the tempo and give the aTm D a rest?

I do.

Yes and it was driving me nuts. At least four times Von Miller was down on the ground in that game, all of them were rather time consuming and to me killed any chance of tempo/momentum we seemed to be gathering.

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 07:57 PM
Dean , Froze. These guys followed us home , Can we keep em fer awhile :D

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 07:59 PM
Maybe I'll come back as that after this one gets banned

Cool , Let me know , Yer like a new puppy :D

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 08:01 PM
quit your bitchin

why would we use our best player.

You lost get the **** over it

I aint bitchin . I think its great to have some new trolls to play with :D

OU-HSV
11/7/2010, 08:02 PM
quit your bitchin

why would we use our best player.

You lost get the **** over it

Well I should've typed my post differently. I wasn't thinking about it so much as being fake, just damn annoying. We would've needed a miracle to score twice anyways, I was just sick of seeing delays between plays because your players were trying to be superman and play through what must have been severe cramps. It was obvious Von wasn't good to come back in the game at some points, so he should've taken more plays off instead of trying to be the hero and in turn delaying our loss even more.

OU-HSV
who let the trolls in anyways

redassag12
only reason i got on this thread was because one your little inbred friends made a comment about bonfire... feel free to come get your **** kicked in on TexAgs:texan:

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah, we used our best player to fake a cramp.

Yall are f'ing dumb.

You're about as ugly as a hemorrhoid on the pig that is your mother.

redassag12
11/7/2010, 08:04 PM
Well I should've typed my post differently. I wasn't thinking about it so much as being fake, just damn annoying. We would've needed a miracle to score twice anyways, I was just sick of seeing delays between plays because your players were trying to be superman and play through what must have been severe cramps. It was obvious Von wasn't good to come back in the game at some points, so he should've taken more plays off instead of trying to be the hero and in turn delaying our loss even more.

honestly if he kept cramping, idk why they kept putting him in, i will agree it was annoying, but he wasnt faking that

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 08:05 PM
only reason i got on this thread was because one your little inbred friends made a comment about bonfire... feel free to come get your **** kicked in on TexAgs:texan:

Ive never felt the Desire nor the Need to go to another teams Board and start shat.;)

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 08:07 PM

Well....Asswipes throwing comments around about the Murrah Building isn't gonna stop bonfire comments from happening and it is assuredly a tragedy that people had to die before it was clear the bonfire tradition had become a very dangerous event.

Why don't you and the rest of you pigs head on back to where ever you crawled out of.

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 08:11 PM
http://www.internationaleducationmedia.com/images/bolivia_flag.jpg

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 08:13 PM
If you want to talk about football then do it. You want to troll around here and talk about a mass murdered who killed a bunch of kids for no reason....get the **** out of here.

But Wait ST . They think that their Pile of Lincoln Logs that fell was a worse deal then The Murrah .

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 08:14 PM
I didnt mention anything like that, that all starter after one of your cousin ****ing friends mentioned the bonfire collapsing.... so its okay for yall to start ****.. but when we come over here doin the same ****, after yall stated it, we get banned makes a lot of sense to me

Hell I asked an Admin and a Mod to let yall stay and Play , ;)

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 08:24 PM
I didnt mention anything like that, that all starter after one of your cousin ****ing friends mentioned the bonfire collapsing.... so its okay for yall to start ****.. but when we come over here doin the same ****, after yall stated it, we get banned makes a lot of sense to me

it's our board.

redassag12
11/7/2010, 08:43 PM
dont make bonfire jokes and we will be fine... once you start **** anything is free game

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 08:44 PM
dont make bonfire jokes and we will be fine... once you start **** anything is free game

Did you Have Family There? Lose anyone you Knew?

Scott D
11/7/2010, 08:48 PM

sand in your vagina much?

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 08:49 PM

I'm not making bonfire jokes. I still can't believe it took a bunch of people dying to figure out that stacking logs like they were might get someone killed? I knew nothing of the tradition really until I saw those folks die on TV. Then I was like WTF? Who was the dumbass that let that get to that l point? It was even wilder to hear that there was an outcry when they suspended the event. I mean...a bunch of people died for no damn reason. I hear it still goes on but not on campus?

GottaHavePride
11/7/2010, 08:51 PM

Um, no. It's not. Have a nice permanent vacation.