PDA

View Full Version : Landry...........

nebraskaSOONER
11/7/2010, 09:29 AM
Like I said, I saw it, that same ol' "deer in the headlight" look agian. Oh and nice snag Hanna, that's when it all fell apart...............

yukonmiller
11/7/2010, 01:47 PM
To some degree yes. But we have WAY bigger problems then Landry.

Veritas
11/7/2010, 01:48 PM
Heya nebraskaSooner, I fly over Weeping Water all the time. Nice looking town from the air. :D

oudavid1
11/7/2010, 03:50 PM
Landry played better last night than he had ever on the road. He looked like a new QB. and yes that is possible and we still lose.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/7/2010, 04:05 PM
Landry played better last night than he had ever on the road. He looked like a new QB. and yes that is possible and we still lose.He actually took off runnig a couple of times, and it helped, but he needs to be more willing and ready to hoof it.

Tear Down This Wall
11/7/2010, 04:40 PM
To some degree yes. But we have WAY bigger problems then Landry.

It's not Landry's fault that:

-We have eight new starters on defense this year
-Bob Stoops can't recruit a decent kicker
-Bob Stoops can't keep offensive linemen so he has to flip tight ends into the line
-Bob Stoops keeps flipping tight ends into the line, so we have no legitimate tight end for Landry to pass to
-Bob Stoops can't recruit enough wide receivers to provide more than one receiving threat against opponents
-Our special teams coach can't teach the kick off coverage team to tackle
-Our defensive line can't get a consistent pass rush going
-Our crack offensive line coach and coordinator decided not to double team Von Miller...probably has something to do with the fact that we already have two tight ends playing in the line who can't block consistently enough.

Once Landry Jones controls all of those variables, I'll start blaming him.

Crimsontothecore
11/7/2010, 04:46 PM
Who wouldn't have a "deer in the headlights look" behind this O-line. People seem to forget that our last Heisman winner lasted less than two full games behind this O-line last year.
Landry Jones is the least of our problems.

Okie35
11/7/2010, 04:49 PM
He actually took off runnig a couple of times, and it helped, but he needs to be more willing and ready to hoof it.

That and step up into the pocket he did it twice and made some $$$ throws.

TXBOOMER
11/7/2010, 04:58 PM
With all of these bad players everyone is talking about, why is anyone surprised when OU gets beat?

cccasooner2
11/7/2010, 05:06 PM
With all of these bad players everyone is talking about, why is anyone surprised when OU gets beat?

LOL :D

oudavid1
11/7/2010, 05:14 PM
He actually took off runnig a couple of times, and it helped,

He did more than enough for me, he really did well, especially stepping up in the pocket.

but he needs to be more willing and ready to hoof it.

Now that is a fun expression.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 06:00 PM
Landry made some bad plays like all QBs, but overall I thought he did pretty well. Certainly good enough to win if everyone else contributes.

okienator
11/7/2010, 08:26 PM
To me he plays scared it was third and seven he had the whole middle of the field to run for ten or twenty but he wouldn't and damn near threw a pick six.He needs to grow a pair. And loses the ball every time he gets hit.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 08:28 PM
To me he plays scared it was third and seven he had the whole middle of the field to run for ten or twenty but he wouldn't and damn near threw a pick six.He needs to grow a pair. And loses the ball every time he gets hit.

It's so easy to be brave and tough from the Barcalounger.

delhalew
11/7/2010, 08:31 PM
Blame Landry all you want, but when we took the pressure off him by running, he came to life. He showed a lot of ballz in the third quarter.
Even if he were Sam, he couldn't do it on his own.

You should think before you post.

We-TownSooner
11/7/2010, 08:32 PM
It's so easy to be brave and tough from the Barcalounger.
You know he is a ex highschool athlete and his team would have won state and he would have been a college star if coach would have put him in

nebraskaSOONER
11/16/2010, 06:17 PM
Heya nebraskaSooner, I fly over Weeping Water all the time. Nice looking town from the air. :D

Thanks! Great Deer hunting too! :)

nebraskaSOONER
11/16/2010, 06:19 PM
Who wouldn't have a "deer in the headlights look" behind this O-line. People seem to forget that our last Heisman winner lasted less than two full games behind this O-line last year.
Landry Jones is the least of our problems.

Even in the Tech game and many others, he will have all the time he needs and they go vertical and he under throws receivers all the time, I like the kid but not sold on him I don't think:confused:

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 07:39 PM
Even in the Tech game and many others, he will have all the time he needs and they go vertical and he under throws receivers all the time...

Everyone else complains that he overthrows his receivers.

JLEW1818
11/16/2010, 07:41 PM
every team has problems.

cept the horns

Breadburner
11/16/2010, 07:48 PM
Even in the Tech game and many others, he will have all the time he needs and they go vertical and he under throws receivers all the time, I like the kid but not sold on him I don't think:confused:

He completes 67 percent of his passes...You sir are ******tastic.....

MamaMia
11/16/2010, 07:48 PM
Landry played better last night than he had ever on the road. He looked like a new QB. and yes that is possible and we still lose.Wow, so sad but yet so true. :(

Hopefully our receivers will keep catching in an amazing way and Landry will do extremely well against Baylor and oSu.

C&CDean
11/16/2010, 08:00 PM
Because everyone knows that when Kenney drops a sure TD in his breadbasket it's Landry's fault.

Landry is almost the least of our worries right now. He comes right behind the freshmen, the sophs, AIDS, kickers, guys who can't tackle, guys who can't block, guys who jump before the ball is snapped, and primarily behind chump ******* fans who think they're Sooners.

SOONER44EVER
11/16/2010, 08:03 PM
There aren't 3 better Soph. QBs in the nation. Landry is on pace to be one of the best ever at OU.

MamaMia
11/16/2010, 08:15 PM
I definately agree that we have bigger problems than Landry, however Laundry has a lot of room to improve.

C&CDean
11/16/2010, 08:18 PM
I definately agree that we have bigger problems than Landry, however Laundry has a lot of room to improve.

And I'm 53 years old girlfriend and I ain't anywhere close to my prime.

Yes, Landry can improve. However, look at his numbers. Can you say AA? You should, cause others have done it on less #s.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 08:34 PM
Gino Torreta, 19 TD, 7 INT, Heisman Trophy.

SOONER44EVER
11/16/2010, 08:38 PM
Gino Torreta, 19 TD, 7 INT, Heisman Trophy.

WOW!

Jason White, 35 TD, 9 INT, No Heisman.

WTF?

wilson63
11/16/2010, 08:45 PM

Doesn't sound like it...but if not Landry..then who?:pop:

SOONER44EVER
11/16/2010, 08:50 PM
Something you Landry bashers might need to see:

With Landry at QB OU is currently #4 in passing offense and #11 in total offense.

Landry is #2 in completions per game, #3 in yards per game, #3 in total yardage and #26 in passing efficiency.

What more do you want from a sophmore?

C&CDean
11/16/2010, 08:55 PM
Something you Landry bashers might need to see:

With Landry at QB OU is currently #4 in passing offense and #11 in total offense.

Landry is #2 in completions per game, #3 in yards per game, #3 in total yardage and #26 in passing efficiency.

What more do you want from a sophmore?

Perfection. Or a new head coach. Or OC. Or QB coach. Or mother****ing QB.

Our fans pretty much blow. Absolutely no clue about football. Somebody beat us? Fire the QBHCOCDC POS!!.

oudavid1
11/16/2010, 09:02 PM
I. Love. Landry.

He does what we need him too.

The rest of the team has to play better.

(im looking at you Travis)

Pump these guys up.

How long til the Baylor game?

KBoomer11
11/16/2010, 09:06 PM
I'm not implying anything with this question, just wanting to hear people's responses. But if Drew Allen started the whole year how would this team look right now (record wise) and how do you think his numbers would look?

C&CDean
11/16/2010, 09:13 PM
I'm not implying anything with this question, just wanting to hear people's responses. But if Drew Allen started the whole year how would this team look right now (record wise) and how do you think his numbers would look?

Undefeated. We'd have won every game 100-0. It'd be even better if Stoopsie and Co. would check out and just let the players play.

KBoomer11
11/16/2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks.

oudavid1
11/16/2010, 09:17 PM
Drew is a good player, a great athlete, and by all accounts (SigEp Baby!) a good kid. I feel like he is a solid, SOLID backup. I hope he gets to play sometime (of course not due to injury)(knock on wood). He has a tremendous ability to run the football and i am so happy he hasnt transferred. But if he did, i wouldnt blame him, i am curious so see what he would do in the spread like we have. But i feel LJ is doin just dandy. Lovin me some LJ!

KBoomer11
11/16/2010, 10:05 PM
I guess you can't mention Drew Allen in any way without people getting butt hurt (olevet)

Breadburner
11/16/2010, 10:07 PM

If grandma had a dick she would have been grandpa.....

soonercastor
11/16/2010, 10:11 PM
If grandma had a dick she would have been grandpa.....

Not really :P

KBoomer11
11/16/2010, 10:12 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have asked the question. Just stated the answer. If Drew Allen was our qb all year I think we would have the same record and he would have similar numbers than landry. Not a knock on Landry, more of a compliment to the coaches who put a system in that is easy to execute as a qb. (bubble screens). Neg away.

SouthFortySooner
11/16/2010, 10:25 PM
I have a keyboard. I can type dumsh*t.

olevetonahill
11/16/2010, 10:31 PM
I guess you can't mention Drew Allen in any way without people getting butt hurt (olevet)

I dint get as Butt hurt as you did in yer neg to me :D

KBoomer11
11/16/2010, 10:36 PM
Sayin how I see it bro

JLEW1818
11/16/2010, 10:37 PM
olevet be sexy

olevetonahill
11/16/2010, 10:40 PM
olevet be sexy

Sheat, have ya seen my truck ?

MamaMia
11/16/2010, 11:03 PM
And I'm 53 years old girlfriend and I ain't anywhere close to my prime.

Yes, Landry can improve. However, look at his numbers. Can you say AA? You should, cause others have done it on less #s.

I know you're not close to your prime. :D
I don't see near as much on my DVRs of the games as I do when I'm actually there, at Owen Field watching the game however, in my opinion Landry gets flustered. He is going through his reads better but he doesn't look comfortable at times and sometimes hes not in control when the play isn't developing the way that it should. Hes struggling with having a Plan B. That could be coaching, or maybe he just needs more time. I have noticed that if hes hurried he makes mistakes and he has difficulty in knowing when to throw the ball away 'safely'.

I also noticed that when Madu is in there, he power runs and if we can just get some half way decent blocks he will make some yards. Murry falls down if he gets hit. Hes not a power runner; more of a finesse runner. Finch needs to gain some more positive weight. I think that would help him.

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 03:02 AM
I don't see near as much on my DVRs of the games as I do when I'm actually there, at Owen Field watching the game however, in my opinion Landry gets flustered. He is going through his reads better but he doesn't look comfortable at times and sometimes hes not in control when the play isn't developing the way that it should. Hes struggling with having a Plan B. That could be coaching, or maybe he just needs more time. I have noticed that if hes hurried he makes mistakes and he has difficulty in knowing when to throw the ball away 'safely'.

Pretty much these apply to just about all college qbs. How did Christian Ponder look when FSU played in Norman? Will he get drafted?

SoonerKnight
11/17/2010, 08:41 AM

Landry is behind a o-line that does not give as much time as sammy had. Even with that o-line we lost 2 games in 2008. Drew allen came in and could not get a pass off that is more concerning as you would expect better even coach H was not happy.

TXBOOMER
11/17/2010, 08:49 AM
Okay so I truly don't believe LJ will have a longer pro career than Jason White or Josh Heupel. Does that mean I think he sucks? Uhhh no.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/17/2010, 09:13 AM
Because everyone knows that when Kenney drops a sure TD in his breadbasket it's Landry's fault.

Landry is almost the least of our worries right now. He comes right behind the freshmen, the sophs, AIDS, kickers, guys who can't tackle, guys who can't block, guys who jump before the ball is snapped, and primarily behind chump ******* fans who think they're Sooners.

I wasn't aware we have an AIDS problem. Somebody needs to keep it in their pants.

MamaMia
11/17/2010, 09:38 AM
Pretty much these apply to just about all college qbs. How did Christian Ponder look when FSU played in Norman? Will he get drafted?

I don't give a flying fig about any other quarterback. If Landry gets drafted...then goody goody gumdrops. What I care about is how he performs at OU. I expect our quarterbacks to play better than other quarterbacks because they play for OU. I expect the same from the O line, the D and the coaches for that matter, and for the same reason. We have the tradition and the history that enables us to recruit the best quarterbacks, players and coaching staff in the nation. We have whats suppose to be "great" recruiting classes, and so we should. I expect them to play as well as their reputations depict.

"We must feed the monster, that is OU." .....Barry Switzer

texaspokieokie
11/17/2010, 09:52 AM

I also noticed that when Madu is in there, he power runs and if we can just get some half way decent blocks he will make some yards. Murry falls down if he gets hit. Hes not a power runner; more of a finesse runner. Finch needs to gain some more positive weight. I think that would help him.

strongly disagree with comment about Murray !!!

Okie35
11/17/2010, 10:36 AM

Madu a power runner :confused: haha. He's a finesse back and is shifty. Murray is less finesse than he used to be he always drops his shoulder now, engages contact, and runs more north and south. If that's not leaning towards a power back, I don't know what is. Your post is confusing.

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 11:31 AM
I don't give a flying fig about any other quarterback.

It's called perspective. You are demanding better performance out of a sophomore qb than a player who won the Heisman trophy as a senior.

It does matter how he compares to other QBs because we need some rational standard for which to compare. Other than that, all we have is Bradford, but who would look good in that comparison?

If Landry gets drafted...then goody goody gumdrops. What I care about is how he performs at OU. I expect our quarterbacks to play better than other quarterbacks because they play for OU. I expect the same from the O line, the D and the coaches for that matter, and for the same reason. We have the tradition and the history that enables us to recruit the best quarterbacks, players and coaching staff in the nation.

OMG you sound like a Horn!

Everyone thinks that their favorite team is entitled to the best players in the country. Landry Jones is the best QB we have. He is giving his best effort. That's all that we can ask for.

We have whats suppose to be "great" recruiting classes, and so we should. I expect them to play as well as their reputations depict.

"We must feed the monster, that is OU." .....Barry Switzer

OU fans are fond of mentioning the Monster as a badge of pride, but Switzer actually ridiculed it. In fact, you are one of the molecules he mentioned in his book when he discusses our QB at the time, Steve Davis. (Technically, so am I. But I at least know that the team shouldn't be concerned about my opinions.)

oudavid1
11/17/2010, 11:54 AM
olevet be sexy

ObAmA!!!

MamaMia
11/17/2010, 12:07 PM
Madu a power runner :confused: haha. He's a finesse back and is shifty. Murray is less finesse than he used to be he always drops his shoulder now, engages contact, and runs more north and south. If that's not leaning towards a power back, I don't know what is. Your post is confusing.Watch the film. You'll see that there have been plenty of instances when Madu manages to gain some yardage, even when the blocking is sub par.

...engaging ignore feature on Leroy Lizard. Not only are you totally incorrect but I tire of trying to have a conversation with you when you totally lie, or are you just stupid? You would argue with a brick house.

TXBOOMER
11/17/2010, 12:10 PM
I

MamaMia MamaMia....Madu is a slasher, speed back. Murray is a much more powerful RB than Madu. Finch will be a freaking stud next year after a year of working out.

MamaMia
11/17/2010, 12:13 PM
MamaMia MamaMia....Madu is a slasher, speed back. Murray is a much more powerful RB than Madu. Finch will be a freaking stud next year after a year of working out.

I agree with your last statement. We shall see. :)

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 12:29 PM
Watch the film. You'll see that there have been plenty of instances when Madu manages to gain some yardage, even when the blocking is sub par.

...engaging ignore feature on Leroy Lizard. Not only are you totally incorrect but I tire of trying to have a conversation with you when you totally lie, or are you just stupid? You would argue with a brick house.

Just another ****ty, spoiled fan.

MamaMia
11/17/2010, 12:36 PM
I agree with your last statement. We shall see. :)

Oh, one last thing before I put you on ignore after I neg the hell out of your *** just for funsies. You're an idiot. My dogs are smarter than you. :D

MamaMia
11/17/2010, 12:39 PM
I just noticed, Leroy Dumbass, that every post you make is arguing with someone. You are a total nut bar. :P

You don't even know how to agree to disagree in a polite manner. You have no manners and you're a ****ing brat.

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 12:41 PM
I just noticed, Leroy Dumbass, that every post you make is arguing with someone. You are a total nut bar. :P

You don't even know how to agree to disagree in a polite manner. You have no manners and you're a ****ing brat.

Ha ha ha! Some ignore feature you got going there. :D

EDIT: After supposedly placing me on ignore, MamaMia is now sending me multiple comments through the spek button! Ha ha ha! Gee, way to ignore me. :D

MamaMia
11/17/2010, 01:55 PM
Ha ha ha! Some ignore feature you got going there. :D

EDIT: After supposedly placing me on ignore, MamaMia is now sending me multiple comments through the spek button! Ha ha ha! Gee, way to ignore me. :DYou cant neg someone while they're on ignore. I even gave you a couple of greens as an experiment. That usually turns anyone who's red back to green. Not yours though. I'll ignore you when I'm finished negging you, dip****.

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 02:05 PM
You cant neg someone while they're on ignore. I even gave you a couple of greens as an experiment. That usually turns anyone who's red back to green.

I.
don't.
care.

Amazing. For as long as I have posted here, there are still some people in here that think I give a rat's **** what others think of me. Like I care about green spek.

Okie35
11/17/2010, 04:51 PM
Watch the film. You'll see that there have been plenty of instances when Madu manages to gain some yardage, even when the blocking is sub par.

He gains it from being shifty. He'll pretty good at searching for seams in the o-line. He's also smaller than Murray. Madu is a pretty good back but has that fumbling problem. Power backs look to run ppl over. Murray is pretty much like that now.

nebraskaSOONER
11/20/2010, 09:44 AM

True, but that has a lot to do with all the dink and dunks, I am talking about the potential game breakers that lie within that 33%

MamaMia
11/20/2010, 10:28 AM

This begs the question...Whats the difference between a little toss and a real pass? :confused:

I hope I see at least 50% of those passes flying through the air today and landing in the hands of our receivers without any acrobatics involved. :D