PDA

View Full Version : All Hail AggieGirl2005!!!

soonerboy_odanorth
11/7/2010, 09:14 AM
All Hail AggieGirl2005!

You nailed it. And it's pretty clear your team last night was 2 touchdowns better than us, not the other way around. And regarding line play in particular, your team does have a better assortment of talent right now.

Congrats on your win last night!

I'll play devil's advocate here, since you asked.

Your d-line is hurting pretty badly from injuries, and you're plugging the hole with smaller guys. Macon, DE, for example is only 250 lbs and they've moved him to DT. That's either going to let our RB Cyrus Gray (who imo is better than Christine Michael, who's out with a broken tibia) have a better day than he usually would or let Tannehill have more time in the pocket. This is just Tannehill's second start but he's been playing in this atmosphere for 3 years as a WR so he's not as easily rattled as a second-start would normally be. Plus he knows the routes and offensive scheme like the back of his hand. Your pass D isn't stellar at 83rd, so as long as Tannehill doesn't implode (and our o-line holds up - big IF there, see the Mizzou game), he might have a good day. I think you guys will either blitz more or have your DBs cheat up to make up for the thin D-line, and so our RB Jeff Fuller may be able to take advantage.

Your QB as you know is ridiculously awesome (2nd in FBS in y/g and that's after facing 2 of the top 10 pass Ds!) but he's a little jumpy when there's pressure. I think the unpredictability of our 3-4 defense along with those monsters Von Miller and Damontre Moore may be particularly effective against him. Dunno though. Our pass D isn't great at 101st, but we've faced three of the top 10 passing offenses, so it's going to follow that we'll have more yards thrown against us. He's still going to have another stellar day, I'm sure. I think Broyles is going to shred our backfield but we held Blackmon to significantly fewer yards below his average so who knows. Not so sure about your RBs as we have a pretty good rush D, 8th nationally.

Anyways, you guys are much better than us, but being on the road and the way our particular teams happen to match up esp with your injuries, I think it looks to be closer than you guys would expect. If the game were in your house, or if your d-line wasn't so thin, the line would be much, much different.

Good luck - but not too much luck! I think it could be a good game if you guys don't blow us out in the first 5 minutes. As long as we survive that first bit, I think we're good.

EDIT: I meant to say WR, Jeff Fuller, not RB.

SoonerMustang
11/7/2010, 09:17 AM
The freakin Sooners can't play on the road! Beat the @ell out of everyone at home but we can't get settled in on the road? Can't punch the ball in from the 1/2 yard line, kicking and coverage sucks! Stoops needs for fire some *ss or he needs to go......NO EXCUSES THIS TIME BOB!

soonerloyal
11/7/2010, 09:19 AM
Fire Bob?

Noob. :rolleyes:

SoonerMustang
11/7/2010, 09:22 AM
Fire Bob?

Noob. :rolleyes:

Really? I thought the coach was held to a standard? Maybe we out to raise it a bit. Even Les Miles has a NC.

soonerloyal
11/7/2010, 09:25 AM
Okay. I'm under the weather, waiting for my coffee to kick in so I'll bite. Just whom do you propose we hire in his stead, noob?

SoonerMustang
11/7/2010, 09:34 AM
Okay. I'm under the weather, waiting for my coffee to kick in so I'll bite. Just whom do you propose we hire in his stead, noob?

Listen, I know the game, I throw out a name, you crucify it! But lets get real....he is turned into a marginal coach with a marginal coaching staff. But if I must entertain you how about hiring Kirby Smart, Defensive Coordinator, Alabama Crimson Tide?

soonerboy_odanorth
11/7/2010, 10:38 AM
Double congrats! So there!

rainiersooner
11/7/2010, 11:29 AM
Nice analysis AggieGirl. You're welcome on our board anytime.

soonerloyal
11/7/2010, 11:47 AM
Yep. +1, sister. Welcome and congratulations on the (ouch) win.

MyT Oklahoma
11/7/2010, 01:31 PM
Congrats once again to A & M.

AggieGirl2005
11/7/2010, 01:53 PM
Aww thanks! Great game; you guys scared the bejesus out of me in the 3rd. Competition aside, I just love talking college football and you guys seem like good people, so thanks for the warm welcome.

Hope the Sooners who traveled to College Station enjoyed themselves. Good luck against Tech!

TheHumanAlphabet
11/7/2010, 02:46 PM
Might be the only game we have left we win... its at home...

Soonerman82
11/7/2010, 02:48 PM
Really? I thought the coach was held to a standard? Maybe we out to raise it a bit. Even Les Miles has a NC.

So does Stoops.

delhalew
11/7/2010, 03:33 PM
Good analysis Aggiegirl. You were right on. You should consider being one of the few rival fans that stick around and are useful.

soonerloyal
11/7/2010, 09:44 PM

So does Bob Stoops. Is that the standard? :rolleyes:

And yer greyspek makes us LOL.

bikerdood
11/7/2010, 11:06 PM
Okay. I'm under the weather, waiting for my coffee to kick in so I'll bite. Just whom do you propose we hire in his stead, noob?...
...Jim Harbaugh???... He is hungry! he prepares his team whether at home or on the road!

...KW and BV are sitting fat in their nice homes and no longer putting in the effort to prepare their players for games... This staff needs some shuffling... as in some gone and some demoted and some promoted... What could it hurt? ... Tough decision, but Bob gets around 4 mill a year, it's time he earned it! The "good ol' boy" system is losing its luster!

AggieGirl2005
11/7/2010, 11:23 PM
...Jim Harbaugh???... He is hungry! he prepares his team whether at home or on the road

Good choice but he's had several NFL offers and refuses to leave. I think he only budges for Michigan, his alma mater and who may be looking for a coach soon. He's #1 on Michigan fans' list to replace RichRod.