PDA

View Full Version : the toothless wonder

proud gonzo
5/19/2004, 11:33 AM
So they just pulled my wisdom teeth... (didn't take him very long at all. didn't even get through a whole weezer tune) the teeth are currently sitting in a little bowl waiting for me to clean them off.
My face is still all numb and i'm drooling everywhere i think. So the good news is I didn't have to deal with an IV, it was painless, and i can't feel a THING yet. (and i know, i'm going to heed the advice i've gotten--as soon as mom gets back from walgreens with my happy prescription I'm going to take it. even though nothing hurts yet.)

I'm stocked up on fruit and stuff so i can live on smoothies for a while.

:D

Mjcpr
5/19/2004, 11:35 AM
I like the crunching noise you hear when they're wrenching the teeth from your jaw bone.

proud gonzo
5/19/2004, 11:38 AM
and that's why i had the headphones : )

actually mine were really easy because they were in the process of coming in so they weren't stuck in there very bad. There wasn't too much wrenching involved.

TrophyCollector
5/19/2004, 11:42 AM
Hydorcodone ROCKS!!!

proud gonzo
5/19/2004, 11:48 AM
it's been about an hour now... i took the gauze out and changed it since i appear to still be oozing.

Sooner51
5/19/2004, 01:46 PM
beware of dry-socket

KC//CRIMSON
5/19/2004, 01:55 PM
Have you raked your tongue across the wire like stitches yet? mmmmm.....good times ain't it?

FYI - Do not let that cold smoothy hit your wound or use a straw....or you will pay the price....

C&CDean
5/19/2004, 01:57 PM
Who knew that yanking wisdom teeth made your house smell like stanky feet?

proud gonzo
5/19/2004, 02:24 PM

and actually i don't have stitches. the holes aren't even that big. the wisdom teeth were already half way in so I don't even know if the dentist had to make any sort of incision.

I've been warned about dry socket too--thanks

right now i'm just drinking gatorade... though i REALLY want thai stirfry. *sigh*

saucysoonergal
5/19/2004, 02:31 PM
Tip:

If you have impacted wisdom teeth and your regular dentist wants to pull them with you wide awake, decline that offer and ask to be referred to an oral surgeon.

GottaHavePride
5/19/2004, 02:57 PM
Who knew that yanking wisdom teeth made your house smell like stanky feet?
No, no. She's back in Wichita for the summer. I'm in Norman working all summer. Well, not working in Norman, working at Whitewater, but same difference. ;)

proud gonzo
5/19/2004, 03:30 PM
My head feels kinda wonky and i'm not sure how much of it is because of the pain medication and how much is because I haven't eaten since 10 am. :eek:

BigRedJed
5/19/2004, 04:25 PM
GOOD GOD!!! HAVE SOME FIBER NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!

I had all four wisdom teeth pulled out when I was an eighth grader. I thought it was all good, soft foods, milkshakes and such, until about 3 days into the deal I realized I hadn't spent any quality time in the bathroom, if you know what I mean. Well, by the time you realize this, it's a BIG problem. I always thought "irregularity" was something to chuckle about, until it happened to me.

There are only a few other times in my life that I have been anywhere near that miserable. Your eyes cloud up, your entire body aches, and you feel like something that might have been scraped off of the bottom of Michael Jackson's penny loafer, after playtime in Bubbles' cage.

Anyway, there should be a law that dentists and oral surgeons counsel their patients to drink a soluble fiber like Citrucel when recovering from tooth extractions on a soft diet.

That's the one and only time in my 36 years that I wasn't a "regular" guy, and I sincerely hope it never happens again.

proud gonzo
5/19/2004, 07:25 PM
so this is fun... i have to eat something before i take another one of those happy pills that make pain go bye-bye, but eating is gonna be entertaining without the pill.

it doesn't actually hurt very much right now. it's sore, but not much worse than when the teeth were trying to come in. i'm REALLY craving some mexican food though. i'm so weak willed. it's only been nine hours.

BigRedJed
5/19/2004, 07:28 PM
FIBER!!!

proud gonzo
5/19/2004, 07:31 PM
yes sir *salutes*

Al Gore
5/19/2004, 08:39 PM
Make sure to put them under your pillow tonight!!!!!

TrophyCollector
5/19/2004, 08:44 PM
http://dixielandcamo.com/deerfeed/pigout1.jpg

soonerboomer93
5/19/2004, 09:13 PM
have some refried beans then...

OU4LIFE
5/20/2004, 07:08 AM
PG...applesuace......applesauce is awesome to take befor eyour pills. goes down easy, and it's tasty.

SelmaBamaFan
12/13/2004, 11:57 PM
So let me get this straight, getting you wisdom teeth pulled causes bowel problems? :confused:

proud gonzo
12/13/2004, 11:57 PM
Well, if you rely on a liquid diet that doesn't have any fiber you might get a little clogged up.

and I forgot to mention--those pain pills made me nauseous. actually they didn't just make me nauseous, they made me puke. that was worse than having teeth yanked outta my skull.

SelmaBamaFan
12/14/2004, 12:22 AM
and I forgot to mention--those pain pills made me nauseous. actually they didn't just make me nauseous, they made me puke. that was worse than having teeth yanked outta my skull.

Great... more words of comfort :P

Rhino
12/14/2004, 01:22 AM
When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I took half a teeny tablet of Triazolam along with the gas.

I've never slept so much in my life.

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/14/2004, 02:21 AM
I was fine to go to work the next day... except for the pain meds... wonderful pain meds.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/14/2004, 08:13 AM
I had them knock me out. I woke up telling bad Bob Dole jokes.

JohnnyMack
12/14/2004, 10:01 AM
I had them knock me out. I woke up telling bad Bob Dole jokes.

Are there good Bob Dole jokes?

SoonerInKCMO
12/15/2004, 10:27 AM
GOOD GOD!!! HAVE SOME FIBER NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!

I had all four wisdom teeth pulled out when I was an eighth grader. I thought it was all good, soft foods, milkshakes and such, until about 3 days into the deal I realized I hadn't spent any quality time in the bathroom, if you know what I mean. Well, by the time you realize this, it's a BIG problem. I always thought "irregularity" was something to chuckle about, until it happened to me.

There are only a few other times in my life that I have been anywhere near that miserable. Your eyes cloud up, your entire body aches, and you feel like something that might have been scraped off of the bottom of Michael Jackson's penny loafer, after playtime in Bubbles' cage.

Anyway, there should be a law that dentists and oral surgeons counsel their patients to drink a soluble fiber like Citrucel when recovering from tooth extractions on a soft diet.

That's the one and only time in my 36 years that I wasn't a "regular" guy, and I sincerely hope it never happens again.

Ugh... thanks for reminding me about what that's like. Ow, the pain.

Anyway... further words of advice: if you do find yourself being 'irregular' and decide that Ex-lax is the way to get back to normal, please do yourself a favor and follow the dosage instructions. Don't look at the box and think to yourself "hmmm... I got the constipation REAL bad (the kind that makes you look like this :mack: ) ... I'd better take a couple extra pills". Bad freakin' news. No more of that 'gentle, overnight relief'. More like 'spastic colon and *** thunder' (SCAT) at random intervals over the next 36 hours.

It ain't pretty.

GottaHavePride
12/15/2004, 12:25 PM
OK, I laughed for about 5 minutes at "spastic colon and *** thunder". :D

SoonerInKCMO
12/15/2004, 12:31 PM

Glad I could be of service. :mack:

OU Adonis
12/15/2004, 12:34 PM
So they just pulled my wisdom teeth... (didn't take him very long at all. didn't even get through a whole weezer tune) the teeth are currently sitting in a little bowl waiting for me to clean them off.
My face is still all numb and i'm drooling everywhere i think. So the good news is I didn't have to deal with an IV, it was painless, and i can't feel a THING yet. (and i know, i'm going to heed the advice i've gotten--as soon as mom gets back from walgreens with my happy prescription I'm going to take it. even though nothing hurts yet.)

I'm stocked up on fruit and stuff so i can live on smoothies for a while.

Nows the time to strike guys, she is all doped up on painkillers...

Seriously though, hope you get healed up all fast and stuff.

Stanley1
12/15/2004, 12:38 PM
Nows the time to strike guys, she is all doped up on painkillers...

Seriously though, hope you get healed up all fast and stuff.

I would hope after 6 and 1/2 months, she is off the pain meds. You never know though.

Sooner_Tuf
12/15/2004, 12:41 PM
People often make gettting your wisdom teeth out sound worse than it really is. It's not so bad and you'll better than ever soon enough.

proud gonzo
6/24/2006, 01:16 PM
The top two wisdom teeth have been out since about 10:45 thursday morning... the whole liquid diet idea didn't last very long this time either. (yes jed, fiber, i know :rolleyes: )

i took a few motrin the day i had the teeth out--didn't use the prescription this time, because I'm not fond of puking. I haven't taken motrin since the first day, though, and nothing hurts.

yermom
6/24/2006, 01:43 PM
the top ones are nowhere near as bad

i only missed the day of work that i had them taken out

although that time i did ice down my jaw and stay home watching DVD's for the day

SoonerInKCMO
6/26/2006, 03:45 PM

Heh. SCAT.

:les: I GOT THE A$$ THUNDER REAL BAD!!!

KABOOM!!!!

Pricetag
6/26/2006, 04:16 PM
People often make gettting your wisdom teeth out sound worse than it really is. It's not so bad and you'll better than ever soon enough.
Back in the early '80s when I was a kid, a family friend who was ten-or-so years older than me had his wisdom teeth out, and it traumatized me for the next ten years while I waited for mine to come in.

All I remember was him sitting around the whole afternoon spitting blood into a coffee can full of spit wads. I was sure this was the way all wisdom teeth extractions went.

Fugue
9/13/2006, 01:48 PM
FIBER!!!

heh
this thread hits so much closer to home now.

slickdawg
9/13/2006, 01:53 PM
Hydorcodone ROCKS!!!

VK would recommend a Benadryl with that.