PDA

View Full Version : Does the Big 12 suck this year?

King Barry's Back
11/7/2010, 03:32 AM
Or are we just "beating each other up"?

Discuss.

OSUAggie
11/7/2010, 03:34 AM
No.

But you guys do (away from Norman, at least).

Blue
11/7/2010, 03:38 AM
Heh. Osu will get beat again.

As for the big 12, I don't think so. for some reason the product of College Football is down everywhere.

Okie35
11/7/2010, 04:19 AM
No.

Actually the Big 12 is down this year. Its also the reason why your Pokes are capitalizing on the south division. Hell, CFB is down as a whole.

SoonerMarkVA
11/7/2010, 08:38 AM
Yeah, XII pretty much sucks. It's going to be an ugly bowl season for us, IMO.

boomersooner28
11/7/2010, 08:42 AM
Yes. The Big 12 is HORRIBLE.

OU-HSV
11/7/2010, 08:52 AM
Yes. The Big 12 is HORRIBLE.

Agreed. What a difference a year or two makes. We had a little bit of an argument with the SEC a couple years back (that is until bowl season of course when we all know what happened then).

The only good news this year is the SEC is having a bit of a down year too, so at least they don't look "all world" compared to the Big 12..but they do still look better at this point, and they have the better teams in the top 15-20 it seems.
(That said, even with what happened in aggieville last night, I still think a game between us and Lester's LSU group would be a good game, and if we broke a couple big plays to swing the game, we could win by a couple td's.) So I'm kinda hoping we end up facing them in a bowl game and we make them look like the d-bags they are.

badger
11/7/2010, 10:08 AM
No.

Get your trash talk in now. You know you won't be able to say anything in December :stunned:

Football Jim
11/7/2010, 11:37 AM
It seems to me that every conference has had it's troubles this season. As a whole I don't think the Big XII is any worse than the SEC East. Might give the SEC west a definite edge but Big 10 etc.....is no better IMO.

TahoeSOONER
11/7/2010, 11:39 AM
No.

You'll get your shot sheep humper so try scoring at least a point this year.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 11:41 AM
Get your trash talk in now. You know you won't be able to say anything in December :stunned:

He can't say anything now. They dropped a Home game against nebraska. If they want to think they have things in the bag....they need to begin perching themselves in the place of being the team to beat instead of a supposed "Team on the rise".

TahoeSOONER
11/7/2010, 11:41 AM
I think there's parity in all of CFB and the game is coming down to matchups, mostly in the trenches.

The Big 12 can't be too down when we have half the conference in the top 25.

In other news, texas truly does suck.

thunderlounge
11/7/2010, 11:47 AM
I dunno. I think the key word for the entire Big 12 this year is.... consistency.

Look at *, for example. Knock the crap out of neb, in lincoln, then IA St kill em at home?

Then neb bombs what looked like a decent MU, just to tank it at IA St? (Yes, they tanked. IA St just got anxious and choked.)

aTm looks turrible all season... and does what last night? (Puke, puke).

The only two consistencies in the Big 12 this year are the same ol, same ol. CU and KU still suck.

Everything else... you never know what team is going to show up on Saturday.

Okie35
11/7/2010, 11:51 AM
He can't say anything now. They dropped a Home game against nebraska. If they want to think they have things in the bag....they need to begin perching themselves in the place of being the team to beat instead of a supposed "Team on the rise".

If they lose to * I'd probably pass out.

OU-HSV
11/7/2010, 11:55 AM
Well said

:D

bluedogok
11/7/2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah, XII pretty much sucks. It's going to be an ugly bowl season for us, IMO.
Who knows, it is all about the bowl matchups as most never seem to pit the same level teams against each other.There could be some favorable matchups to go along with the not so favorable ones.

Okie35
11/7/2010, 12:02 PM
Who knows, it is all about the bowl matchups as most never seem to pit the same level teams against each other.There could be some favorable matchups to go along with the not so favorable ones.

Yea, exactly. When you play different teams(you're not used to) you never can guess the outcome. You only go by paper. I don't really care how the conference plays during bowl season, only OU.