PDA

View Full Version : Ready for the Bandwagoners to Jump Off

SoonerBacker
11/7/2010, 01:37 AM
After reading several threads tonight, I am about ready for some of the bandwagon fans on this board to jump off the bandwagon. I mean, when I read statements like, "John Blake made the Stoops idiots millions," and "Congrats Bob for winning a title with Blake's players," I am convinced that there are far too many people around here who have only been fans since Stoops was hired and restored the program from what Blake turned it in to!

I was criticized a couple of weeks ago for saying that people were calling for Stoops to be fired. Well, those words might not have been used tonight, but it has come d@mn close! Just do us all a favor and go ahead - JUMP OFF! We need Sooner fans who SUPPORT the team when they are down. I sat at Owen Field thought the Blake years. I remember when you could buy a ticket for virtually nothing on the day of the game and there were tens of thousands of empty seats.

If you are REALLY so delusional as to think that Bob Stoops is as bad as it appears from tonight's threads, trade in your Crimson for some agglie lite orange and make the trek to stoolwater for all games in the future.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 01:39 AM
You think those threads were serious?

jumperstop
11/7/2010, 01:40 AM
After reading several threads tonight, I am about ready for some of the bandwagon fans on this board to jump off the bandwagon. I mean, when I read statements like, "John Blake made the Stoops idiots millions," and "Congrats Bob for winning a title with Blake's players," I am convinced that there are far too many people around here who have only been fans since Stoops was hired and restored the program from what Blake turned it in to!

I was criticized a couple of weeks ago for saying that people were calling for Stoops to be fired. Well, those words might not have been used tonight, but it has come d@mn close! Just do us all a favor and go ahead - JUMP OFF! We need Sooner fans who SUPPORT the team when they are down. I sat at Owen Field thought the Blake years. I remember when you could buy a ticket for virtually nothing on the day of the game and there were tens of thousands of empty seats.

If you are REALLY so delusional as to think that Bob Stoops is as bad as it appears from tonight's threads, trade in your Crimson for some agglie lite orange and make the trek to stoolwater for all games in the future.

Unfortunately most will just stick around and continue bitching. I wish they would just jump off though...

Blue
You are referring to one poster who made 2 threads.

Stop being a drama queen. Thanks.

Leroy Lizard

I was criticized a couple of weeks ago for saying that people were calling for Stoops to be fired. Well, those words might not have been used tonight, but it has come d@mn close!

Some have actually said it.

We've been through this before. The fans that booed Steve Davis in 1975 are the same type of fans that have crawled in here and cried like school children.

And of course those fans in 1975 knew how to coach better than the head coach too.

Rocko
We should just petition for a cool down period after each OU loss, during which SoonerFans football forum is shut down for a day. This would allow all the people who lose their ****ing minds after a loss to recollect their thoughts and prioritize their lives.

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 01:41 AM

This^^^^^^

SoonerBacker
11/7/2010, 01:42 AM

No, I'm not. I just used those examples...There are hundreds more.
Stop being an a$$hole!
Thanks.

En_Fuego
11/7/2010, 01:42 AM
What is a Band Wagon ?

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r71/JRSL88/TITLES/TheBandWagon.jpg

I get it..........

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab31/tlctop10002010/thebandwagon.jpg

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 01:44 AM
What is a Band Wagon ?

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r71/JRSL88/TITLES/TheBandWagon.jpg

I don't know. I think you have to be a "real fan" to really know what it is. :rolleyes:

Blue
11/7/2010, 01:44 AM
We should just petition for a cool down period after each OU loss, during which SoonerFans football forum is shut down for a day. This would allow all the people who lose their ****ing minds after a loss to recollect their thoughts and prioritize their lives.

You know who liked petitioning for a cool down period after each OU loss, during which SoonerFans football forum is shut down for a day?

THE NAZIS.

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 01:46 AM
It's really sad when people think they are "better" fans than others. smh.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 01:46 AM

It is amazing how the vitriol calms over a period of 24 hours.

I just remind myself that it isn't me out there playing, so if the players can handle the loss with a stiff upper lip why should make more out of it than them?

It's just a game.

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 01:47 AM
I was planning on jumping off anyway. Those damn bandwagons need some shocks or something on em.

Blue
11/7/2010, 01:48 AM
Like I said in another thread...I think our Loss Meltdowns are rather tame these days. I'm proud of yoos guys.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 01:48 AM
It's really sad when people think they are "better" fans than others. smh.

Some fans are more supportive and understanding than others. Would you agree?

wishbonesooner
11/7/2010, 02:00 AM
I was standing on Owen Field the day we celebrated winning the NC. Bob stood right in front of the microphone and these words came out of his mouth. " You shouldn't Thank me for winning a National Championship, you should expect it from me". You can put your bandwagon where the sun doesn't shine.

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 02:02 AM
I was standing on Owen Field the day we celebrated winning the NC. Bob stood right in front of the microphone and these words came out of his mouth. " You shouldn't Thank me for winning a National Championship, you should expect it from me". You can put your bandwagon where the sun doesn't shine.

Well, that's not very supportive! ;) :D

tulsaoilerfan
11/7/2010, 02:11 AM
What i don't get is just because someone complains about the product they see on the field it makes them a bandwagon fan? I've been a fan since i was 6(44 now) and i love the Sooners, but i also think there are serious issues with the coaching staff, and have thought that for years, that need to be addressed; losing to a good team is one thing, but this loss tonight should have never happened

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 02:14 AM

You should expect it from me, or of me? Big difference.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 02:15 AM
What i don't get is just because someone complains about the product they see on the field it makes them a bandwagon fan? I've been a fan since i was 6(44 now) and i love the Sooners, but i also think there are serious issues with the coaching staff, and have thought that for years, that need to be addressed; losing to a good team is one thing, but this loss tonight should have never happened

Okay, now put it in perspective.

Blue
11/7/2010, 02:18 AM
Okay, now put it in perspective.

Yes. Some of our lives are good and some of them suck donkey balls. What we can hold out hope for though is that .....OU COULD WIN A PHUGGIN ROAD GAME!!!

Where's my gun? :D

kc sooner
11/7/2010, 02:33 AM

I LOVE this point, questioning the coach's and some crazy play calling decisions does not necessarily make one a bandwagon fan. I remember the Blake years very well, my first date with my now wife I was living in KC. The Sooners were playing Tulsa and I made her sit in the car and listen to the game on the radio because it wasn't on TV before we went into a party. I want the Sooners to win every game, I realize they won't and there are more important things in my life, but questioning the coaches who make a lot of money does not mean I will ever quit rooting for the Sooners every single Saturday, and I think pretty much everyone who questions the coaches is the same.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 02:36 AM
I LOVE this point, questioning the coach's and some crazy play calling decisions does not necessarily make one a bandwagon fan. I remember the Blake years very well, my first date with my now wife I was living in KC. The Sooners were playing Tulsa and I made her sit in the car and listen to the game on the radio because it wasn't on TV before we went into a party. I want the Sooners to win every game, I realize they won't and there are more important things in my life, but questioning the coaches who make a lot of money does not mean I will ever quit rooting for the Sooners every single Saturday, and I think pretty much everyone who questions the coaches is the same.
Was that the game when Tulsa got like a 90 yard TD reception? If it was I was sitting in section 10 on the front row. Bad memories.

kc sooner
11/7/2010, 02:42 AM
Was that the game when Tulsa got like a 90 yard TD reception? If it was I was sitting in section 10 on the front row. Bad memories.

It was '98 - If I remember right we kicked a field goal to win 10-9 I think, I know we were sitting in the car and the Oklahoma station didn't come in too good in KC, we got about 1 out of every 3 plays to come in between the static - I just remember who wondering what the heck I was doing, and I was telling her - I'm sorry I can't miss this - it's the Sooners, and she stayed with me so I knew I had a keeper!

Blue
11/7/2010, 02:46 AM
It was '98 - If I remember right we kicked a field goal to win 10-9 I think, I know we were sitting in the car and the Oklahoma station didn't come in too good in KC, we got about 1 out of every 3 plays to come in between the static - I just remember who wondering what the heck I was doing, and I was telling her - I'm sorry I can't miss this - it's the Sooners, and she stayed with me so I knew I had a keeper!

I was at KU that weekend on a pledge retreat. Drunker than **** off everclear. Funny how you remember certain games. Patrick Fletcher FTW! lol.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 02:47 AM

I'm pretty sure we lost the one I was at. So many losses back then its hard to remember which one.

kc sooner
11/7/2010, 02:50 AM
I was at KU that weekend on a pledge retreat. Drunker than **** off everclear. Funny how you remember certain games. Patrick Fletcher FTW! lol.

That's awesome!

kc sooner
11/7/2010, 02:51 AM
I'm pretty sure we lost the one I was at. So many losses back then its hard to remember which one.

Yeah lots of losses back then.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/7/2010, 03:51 AM
I will take the low points of the Bob Stoops era over the high points in the John Blake era. I will take a road loss to Texas A&M over a close 16-9 game in the fourth quarter against North Texas. I will take a Fiesta Bowl loss to Boise St. over a fourth quarter rally to beat a 3-8 Iowa St. team.

golfingsooner
11/7/2010, 04:04 AM
Not a bandwagoner, but KW needs to be kicked in the testies. Take a hint and throw the ball on the 1. We can't get a push... know your team for God's sake.

tooslow
11/7/2010, 07:04 AM
If there are any bandwagoners still here, they are idiots. This team is no better than last years, besides the better record. Those close games we could've won last year, we won this year. The ball bounced our way this year. It's very possible that by seasons end we will not have a single victory over a ranked team.

I think the #1 initial BCS ranking made many fans delusional. Again, the close games we've had against mediocre competition should've been the red flag for us to see. The media sure as hell saw it.

pappy
11/7/2010, 07:17 AM
I sure wish all these sunshine pushers who go down on stoops every week after a loss would jump off the band wagon.

MI Sooner
11/7/2010, 08:58 AM
I rationalize my rage after a loss this way. Caring about OU football is a good outlet for my tribal instinct. If I didn't care about it enough to come on here and demand everyone's head on platter after an ugly loss, I'd probably be out hacking off some poor Tutsi's arm with a machete.

So to everyone calling for a cooling off period, restraint in the face of an ugly loss, or "perspective," why do you love genocide?

MI Sooner
11/7/2010, 09:04 AM

Try 99 yards. Blake's teams gave up both longest run and pass in NCAA history (tied).

UTsucks
11/7/2010, 09:11 AM
So let me ask THIS if your Stoops do you make coaching changes for next year?

Why or why not?

Me personally nothing wrong with shaking up the tree. I feel it's time to at least explore looking for a new OC. DC well he might have one life left.

OU-HSV
11/7/2010, 09:23 AM
There's a difference between acting like a band wagon fan and being critical of a team that you're a fan of. So I guess it would just depend on which threads you are talking about, but I have a feeling we could pick those band wagon threads out fairly quickly. And I'm not quite sure that this topic deserved to be called out in a thread of it's own. But since it was, I felt like giving my two cents.
To me as fans we all have every right to question or be critical of the coaches/team that we love and support. ESPECIALLY when we have higher hopes and expectations for them because they've proven in the past to be better coaches than what we witnessed last night and what we've witnessed time and time again with questionable playcalling. This is all part of being a fan. A fan that's critical and questioning things is only natural in my opinion (when justified, as it is now). There will always be band wagon fans for every team, and we'll always have ridiculous threads like "fire Bob" and sh*t like that. That's just how it goes.

Shiznitttt
11/7/2010, 09:30 AM
So are we not to question and complain ever? Shouldn't we know that we have a better than average team and should expect wins over worst teams? Are we not allowed to voice our concern of OU not being able to have success in certain areas of their game?

I think that everyone who is a Sooner fan has come to expect a certain amount of success, and most fans of other teams would give anything to have a only 2 or 3 losses on their record, but for Sooner fans we want and deserve more.

Bob is one of the top coaches in the country and is to be congratulated when the team plays at a high caliber, and should put on his big boy pants and expect to hear it when his team plays poorly. I am the first to admit I get carried away with my emotions while watching the game, but the next day I am fine and I realize that these guys are 18 to 21 year old boys and who knows what they are gonna do on any given day. Sorry for the rant, I guess I got my blood boiling again.

kevpks
11/7/2010, 09:32 AM
I was disappointed with the loss last night but we are a much better team than last year, have a lot of great young talent, and a chance to win the Big XII if we win out. That's not a terrible position at this point in the season.

badger
11/7/2010, 10:25 AM
I really don't care at this point. I guess we can take the Big 12, but it's clearly not our year. Good for the aggies. If we kept beating them year after year, they might stop showing up.

I suppose it is somewhat aggie-like of me, but I was enjoying watching Texas lose worse than us during bad moments of our games. You can see new photos of Texas's loss #5 here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3029201#post3029201)

MI Sooner
11/7/2010, 01:11 PM
I was disappointed with the loss last night but we are a much better team than last year, have a lot of great young talent, and a chance to win the Big XII if we win out. That's not a terrible position at this point in the season.

Are we much better than last year? I don't think so.

Last year's team was an unlucky 8-5 against a brutal schedule. This year's team has gotten some breaks to go 7-2 against a meh schedule.

With FSU and Missouri losing two straight, Cinci contending for worst in the BE honors, Air Force being 4th or so in the MWC (no second as we had hoped), Texas ****ting the bed, we are down to zero wins as good as our win over OSU last year (maybe FSU will be close), and our losses are worse too.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 01:17 PM
So if Texas hadn't **** the bed and had been better and we lost the RRSO we would have been a much better team this year. Got it. You do remember losing to Tech last year 41-13 right?

I don't get you. What purpose does it serve to post dribble that won't change a thing? If some of our players would have stayed instead of jumping to the NFL would we be better? Unfortunately things don't stay the same and the barometer you use isn't accurate.

TXBOOMER
11/7/2010, 01:19 PM
I don't like losing to inferior teams but I have come to expect it and I don't like that. I have no problem with people voicing their opinions on a chat board. That is the point. Some of them are so stupid they are comical.

Funky G
11/7/2010, 01:20 PM
19-15 away from Norman since 2006. Every once in a while is expected. At about 50% its a pattern.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 01:23 PM
I don't like losing to inferior teams but I have come to expect it and I don't like that. I have no problem with people voicing their opinions on a chat board. That is the point. Some of them are so stupid they are comical.

And some of them are meant to be comical. That's where the fun begins for some and the meltdown begins for others.

oudavid1
11/7/2010, 01:34 PM
Then ill be staying.

I love LJ, I love Bob, I like Kevin Wilson and i dont have a problem with Brent.

badger
11/7/2010, 01:35 PM
We'll all get over it. We'll all live. It's not worth getting upset over sh!t you can't control and since it's already over and done with, you can't change it.

And if you need a new Sooner team to cheer for, there's always Sherri Coale :D

Okie35
11/7/2010, 01:38 PM
Are we much better than last year? I don't think so.

Last year's team was an unlucky 8-5 against a brutal schedule. This year's team has gotten some breaks to go 7-2 against a meh schedule.

With FSU and Missouri losing two straight, Cinci contending for worst in the BE honors, Air Force being 4th or so in the MWC (no second as we had hoped), Texas ****ting the bed, we are down to zero wins as good as our win over OSU last year (maybe FSU will be close), and our losses are worse too.

:pop: don't worry about who else beats who that was on our schedule we ALWAYS get teams best shot

Scott D
11/7/2010, 01:50 PM
I'm so glad I don't have my identity wrapped up in the performance of a bunch of 18-22 year olds.

delhalew
11/7/2010, 01:53 PM
Some folks need to get over themselves. If some idiot wants to post something stupid...so be it. As long as everybody refrain from hurtful personal insults directed at college kids,I'm cool with it.

As an aside, I remember when a student season tick was not only a bargain, but no lottery was needed. The only problem was you had to go sit through a whoopin'...wouldn't have missed it for the world.

SoonerBBall
11/7/2010, 01:55 PM
Pro tip: If you put Curly Bill on your ignore list, the board becomes much nicer to read.

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 02:42 PM
Pro tip: If you put Curly Bill on your ignore list, the board becomes much nicer to read.

LOL, that's funny. :D

Oh wait! You can't read this...still funny! :P

En_Fuego
11/7/2010, 02:44 PM
The dreaded ignore list.........OH Nooooooooooo

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 02:47 PM
The dreaded ignore list.........OH Nooooooooooo

Exactly! Is there anything more ghey? I think not! :O

agoo758
11/7/2010, 02:51 PM
It just makes me wonder if the Blake Bashers on here in the 90's were being accused of being bandwagon fans.

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 02:54 PM
It just makes me wonder if the Blake Bashers on here in the 90's were being accused of being bandwagon fans.

Oh sure. For some reason the sunshine pumpers think that's some great insult. :rolleyes:

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 02:54 PM
Try 99 yards. Blake's teams gave up both longest run and pass in NCAA history (tied).

Yeah. It was a white guy named caswell or something like that. He ran down the sideline in a perfectly straight line untouched.

agoo758
11/7/2010, 02:58 PM
Oh sure. For some reason the sunshine pumpers think that's some great insult. :rolleyes:

You obviously took it as one, even though that was not my intention in the first place. I would honestly not be surprised that circa 1998, they probably were saying "the big 12 is stronger than it used to be, injuries, you're not a coach so you cant criticize...blah blah blah......"

By the way, for some of you dense posters out there, I am NOT comparing Stoops and his staff to Boo Blake.

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 03:00 PM
You obviously took it as one, even though that was not my intention in the first place. I would honestly not be surprised that circa 1998, they probably were saying "the big 12 is stronger than it used to be, injuries, your'e not a coach so you cant criticize...blah blah blah......"

By the way, for some of you dense posters out there, I am NOT comparing Stoops and his staff to Boo Blake.

I took it as one? Oh no - I take it as the ultimate in silliness and gheyness.

agoo758
11/7/2010, 03:03 PM
I took it as one? Oh no - I take it as the ultimate in silliness and gheyness.

You are free to take it as you please good sir.:cool:

En_Fuego
11/7/2010, 03:03 PM
Bring back Brandon Daniels !!!!

TXBOOMER
11/7/2010, 04:24 PM
Bring back Brandon Daniels !!!!

In all seriousness I would love to see Brandon Daniels play in a zone read offense.

SoonerBBall
11/7/2010, 07:11 PM
Seriously. Unless you guys quote his ridiculousness, all you have to see is:

Curly Bill (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=50194) This message is hidden because Curly Bill is on your ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?do=editlist).

It is fantastic. Jump on board.

SouthFortySooner
11/7/2010, 08:12 PM
We'll all get over it. We'll all live. It's not worth getting upset over sh!t you can't control :D

Here, Here. I only take exception to the critical post with the hint, "I KNOW BETTER". Come down off your self appointed place of judgement. Your ranting is cheap and has no effect on the outcome of the game. I am ashamed of how ludicrous you sound. "We should have run/passed, blitzed more/ stayed at home. Just enjoy what you have or like has been suggested, please, please, leave.

wishbonesooner
11/7/2010, 08:21 PM
You should expect it from me, or of me? Big difference.
What?

Iam4OUru
11/7/2010, 08:23 PM

Remember...it was a "meaningless" game, so, it doesn't really count against us. ;)

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 08:24 PM

Blake never had any success and was hired for the wrong reasons (white guilt). I never liked the choice from the get-go and said it to everyone within earshot.

Stoops =/= Blake

C&CDean
11/7/2010, 08:35 PM
I'll say it again, we have the stupidest fans on the face of the planet. After reading a dozen or so "Fire somebody" threads it's even more pronounced. Aggie has nothing on us. Aggy either. I'm convinced most of our fans don't even watch the games. Landry lets the ball slip through his hands? Fire Wilson. The O-line can't block the Flying ****ing Nun? Fire Wilson. I am embarrassed and ashamed by the average OU fan. Do you watch the games? If so, please try to remember that the coaches can't suit up anymore. Was it a bad call when Landry throws it 1/2 a yard past Stills for an uncontested TD? pfffft. If we can't score from the ****ing 1-yard line by running it 4 straight times then our players need steroids or something. If Wilson calls a pass, and it gets picked (or dropped again) then whose fault is it? You people suck. No, you blow. Chunks. Chunks of massive bile.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 08:42 PM
I think once we're by this little hiccup our fans are gonna come around.