PDA

View Full Version : So, what was the deal on that last series?

BoulderSooner79
11/6/2010, 10:59 PM
I guess I can kind of understand trying to slip in a little delay run if you think the D is all out pass rushing and you slip by for an easy score. But with the remaining time, it was very risky. But once it failed, it seems like it just became a "thing" to prove we could finally muscle one in and to heck with trying to win. Not a big deal because the odds of recovering the on-side kick and going the distance with no time-outs in less than a minute are remote. But it felt like throwing in the towel again like the late punt at Mizzou. And this time there is no BCS poll reasoning with 2 losses (if the reasoning is to grind out a sure TD at the expense of any hope for a 2nd). All we managed to prove was that indeed, we cannot brute force into the endzone from in close if you weren't convinced the first 2 times.

rainiersooner
11/6/2010, 11:19 PM
^^^ This.

Actually, Fox Sports cut away to the USC/ASU game, so I had to listen to it on the internet...but I almost felt I could have predicted what was going to happen.

soonercastor
11/6/2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah it was bad play calling. But it didn't matter, and I think the coaches had given up cuz he made absolutely no sense