PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys. Words of advice

BASSooner
11/6/2010, 10:55 PM
Quit the whining and the bitchin.

Yeah, im frustrated at our team for this loss. We were coming back from a 19 point deficit, bad coaching blah blah blah. i know i know. i agree.

However, if you really want to look at the bright side of things like I am, be VERY graceful that we only lost TWO games. OUr arrogant self-entitled little brother in austin got the sh*t kicked out of them against the cats leading to a 5 game loss...and the season isnt even over yet. misery lost to a a horrible tech team AND the bugeaters beat iowa state...by 1 point.

So yes, I know that the presence of stupid is all around this football team but look at the bright side of things, we still have a chance for a conference title and a BCS berth, we just have to play our part and PRAY that we execute well in stillwater. Now if you excuse me, the bars are calling my name. Don't drink too much ladies and gents. Try to sleep well

BOOMER

picasso
11/6/2010, 10:58 PM
We're not great this season but I think the problem is we're better than the two teams we've lost to.
And the worst part is the league is down this year. It's all gift wrapped for somebody.

delhalew
11/6/2010, 11:01 PM
So your saying this is NOT the place for a **** Wilson?:(

Boomer.....
11/6/2010, 11:02 PM
We're not great this season but I think the problem is we're better than the two teams we've lost to.
And the worst part is the league is down this year. It's all gift wrapped for somebody.

This

BoulderSooner79
11/6/2010, 11:03 PM
I disagree - both the teams we lost to were better than OUrs. They made the plays, OUr team did not and they won because of it. It's the definition of who is better.

3rdgensooner
11/6/2010, 11:04 PM
I didn't expect us to go undefeated this year. It's frustrating that we probably should have won this game. But then again, I don't recall a recent loss when I didn't feel we could have won. I guess that's how losses are supposed to feel when you root for a team such as ours.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 11:06 PM
The 4th qtr of tonights game really made that an ugly loss. I don't think it needs our help to be made even uglier. Our Guys have some more games to play.

OU_Sooners75
11/6/2010, 11:06 PM
Quit the whining and the bitchin.

Yeah, im frustrated at our team for this loss. We were coming back from a 19 point deficit, bad coaching blah blah blah. i know i know. i agree.

However, if you really want to look at the bright side of things like I am, be VERY graceful that we only lost TWO games. OUr arrogant self-entitled little brother in austin got the sh*t kicked out of them against the cats leading to a 5 game loss...and the season isnt even over yet. misery lost to a a horrible tech team AND the bugeaters beat iowa state...by 1 point.

So yes, I know that the presence of stupid is all around this football team but look at the bright side of things, we still have a chance for a conference title and a BCS berth, we just have to play our part and PRAY that we execute well in stillwater. Now if you excuse me, the bars are calling my name. Don't drink too much ladies and gents. Try to sleep well

BOOMER

Yeah, we lost the two games we played in our opponents home field.

We are 2-2 away from Norman this year. We are 4-7 away from Norman the last 2 seasons.

We still have 2 more road games, Baylor and Okie State.

If we continue to play uninspired and ill prepared, we will be staring at an 8-4 record.

We are the ones that spend our money in supporting our team. We, the fans, are the reason OU has 82K+ at home games and travel so well to bowl games.

If we wish to express our displeasure, I think we have that right. And I just hope to God the right ears hear our displeasure...because it is getting really old for the denial that comes from our coaches when things like this happen on a regular basis.

It is time for a change...be it personnel or philosphy, at OU, we expect championships. We expect competitive teams that are well prepared, even in loss.

However, since 2007, we have been very bad on the road. There is no excuse how we can play lights out, look like the best of the best at home, but play and look like Baylor (of old) or Duke on the road.

If people can accept the mediocrity, then we are no better than our little brothers from the Stoolwater!

jdsooner
11/6/2010, 11:08 PM
I pay enough for season tickets that I'll bitch all I want. I'm also getting sick of the attitude of our coaching staff and I never thought I would say that.

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 11:16 PM
I pay enough for season tickets that I'll bitch all I want. I'm also getting sick of the attitude of our coaching staff and I never thought I would say that.

What exactly is their attitude?

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 11:17 PM
We are the ones that spend our money in supporting our team. We, the fans, are the reason OU has 82K+ at home games and travel so well to bowl games.

No, we're molecules.

Which coach said that and why?

soonercastor
11/6/2010, 11:18 PM
Jeez you guys are way too critical. WE LOST, of course people are gonna be bitchin' and whinin'. Let people vent, it helps. Now if people are still bitchin' and whinin' tomorrow then there's a problem.
How do you guys expect people to carry on like nothing happened? Let people vent.

BoulderSooner79
11/6/2010, 11:27 PM
Jeez you guys are way too critical. WE LOST, of course people are gonna be bitchin' and whinin'. Let people vent, it helps. Now if people are still bitchin' and whinin' tomorrow then there's a problem.
How do you guys expect people to carry on like nothing happened? Let people vent.

No venting! Stop that venting now and just let it build up until your head explodes.

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 11:33 PM
Jeez you guys are way too critical. WE LOST, of course people are gonna be bitchin' and whinin'. Let people vent, it helps.

Helps what?

It sure doesn't help the team, if that's what you mean.

SOONER44EVER
11/6/2010, 11:43 PM

Exactly!!

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 11:46 PM
No one answered my questions: Who are the molecules, which coach said it, and why?

OUbasketball4life
11/7/2010, 01:12 AM
Guys, I honestly can't put this on the coaches...offense was in redzone how many times and came away with how many points? Defense made a good play in the 3rd to give us a chance to go ahead and what does the offense do??? It is really about execution...we had plenty of chances and honestly we did not execute when it came down to it. This loss is on the players NOT the coaches! We flat out got out played tonight fellas, but we are still in the running to win the South still. This is not a championship caliber team...yet... but with the youth we have, I feel confident about the future!

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 01:15 AM
Guys, I honestly can't put this on the coaches...offense was in redzone how many times and came away with how many points? Defense made a good play in the 3rd to give us a chance to go ahead and what does the offense do??? It is really about execution...we had plenty of chances and honestly we did not execute when it came down to it. This loss is on the players NOT the coaches! We flat out got out played tonight fellas, but we are still in the running to win the South still. This is not a championship caliber team...yet... but with the youth we have, I feel confident about the future!

That was some really inspired play calling down there in the red zone wasn't it?

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 01:21 AM
When you watch a game do pay attention to the playcalling?

zeke
11/7/2010, 05:12 AM

I have defended this bunch of assistant coachs for the last time. Our D just lost to a team lead by a kid who was playing WR up intil last week. And on offense inside the 5yd line several times & we cant come up with anything other than confusion??? Yep thats solid coaching.

I had confidence about the future until tonight. Not so much now. We hear how the O-line is going to suprise a lot of people & how great our LB's are going to be every year BLAH BLAH BLAH cant block cant tackle coaches cant get plays in without waisting timeouts

FLSooner
11/7/2010, 05:29 AM
I have no confidence in the future as this staff has proven year after year now with both young and veteran teams that they will under achieve when it counts the most. Unless they change the format where BCS bowls are played in Norman, we can forget about another National Championship or even BCS win with this staff.

Sooner70
11/7/2010, 07:26 AM
I'm as frustrated as everybody else, but I'm kinda like OUbasketball4life. Did a coach drop Nimmo's perfectly thrown pass to Hanna? Did a coach cause Jones to overthrow a wide open receiver on busted A&M coverage that coulda led to a TD? Did a coach slice an easy field goal into a miss by O'Hara?

Youth & inexperience, aside, if OU's players EXECUTE the called play
properly, we win this game. There may be room to question play calling on the failed redzone scoring, but one would need to look closely at the tape to see if there were missed assignments, etc. It sucks that we couldn't score from inside the 2 yard line so many times. May be some room for different play calling there.

pappy
11/7/2010, 07:35 AM
It sucks that we couldn't score from inside the 2 yard line so many times. May be some room for different play calling there.

you mean a run (that everyone at the stadium and watching on tv knew was coming) up the middle probably wasn't the best play call? whoa. What else could we have possibly done? I mean if the great offensive genious kevin wilson couldn't call a different play then there obviously are no other plays that are possible to be ran in that situation.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/7/2010, 07:46 AM
The Sooners just aren't "ready for prime time"....yet.

But they will be.