PDA

View Full Version : Wilson or Venables - who would you replace first?

landrun
11/6/2010, 10:39 PM
I'd would personally see us with a new DC than a new OC.

I'm not defending Wilson. That play calling tonight was shocking. Mind numbing and total unexplainable. I can not believe we ran the 3 straight times with no timeouts on our final possession. I've never had a problem with Wilson really especially because of 08'. But tonight, I can't defend. Or understand.

However, our defense just plain sucks. Period. And it has for a long while now. (Incidentally special teams have sucked too, but from what I can tell, there is no special teams coach to even can... so I continue...)

The defense gives up more third and longs than any team I've ever seen. No exaggeration. And we have been doing this for YEARS now. Our LBs can't cover anyone. I don't care how much we hype our LBs, they play terrible. You throw over the middle to beat OU. Just that simple. Our defense can't stop anyone in the 4th qtr. I don't know how that's even possible. But it indisputable that we curl up in the fetal position in the 4th qtr. We're soft up the middle this year too.

But consistently, we never play up to our potential. Meaning, our talent doesn't show on the field. We're getting out coached.

I can't believe that Stoops has no problem with our performance. At least not a big enough problem to admit that it even exists or do something about it.

Boomer.....
11/6/2010, 10:45 PM
OC

MamaMia
11/6/2010, 10:46 PM
It wouldn't bother me any if Wilson didn't show up for any more games.

CrimsonJim
11/6/2010, 10:48 PM
Yes

MyT Oklahoma
11/6/2010, 10:49 PM
Both. Let's make a two for the price of one for anyone willing to take them both.

jdsooner
11/6/2010, 10:58 PM
Defense played well in the first half. There were multiple opportunities to score and put this game away. Kevin Wilson did a horrilbe job tonight. The problems on the road can be put at the feet of the offense. Wilson was brought in to give us balance between the run and the pass and that is not reality. Time for Wilson to say goodbye.

delhalew
11/6/2010, 11:02 PM
psssst...**** wilson

Curly Bill
11/6/2010, 11:03 PM
Both is the best option...

CrimsonJim
11/6/2010, 11:03 PM
psssst...**** wilson

What?

rm50
11/7/2010, 08:02 PM
Neither Brent nor Kevin should be fired. The both work for the same man and they are doing what Bob Stoops wants.

I am not advocating that Bob be fired but I think he has gotten more conservative every year. He needs to rediscover who the Bob Stoops was that was hired at OU 11 years ago.