11/6/2010, 10:19 PM
Oh, and other stuff. :P

The_Red_Patriot
11/6/2010, 10:21 PM
Play Action pass? no no no son.....HB dive...run it again

http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/613115/medium.jpg

landrun
11/6/2010, 10:21 PM
Its on Venables too. The defense imploded in the 4th qtr again.

bringit
11/6/2010, 10:23 PM
and yet another kevin wilson thread.

Okie35
11/6/2010, 10:26 PM
Its on Venables too. The defense imploded in the 4th qtr again.

No, just Wilson. The d gave the offense so many opportunities and they failed. The defense wouldn't have had to be out so much if the offense ran the ball from the start to finish.

Boomer.....
11/6/2010, 10:27 PM
I'm with you Mama. I am officially on the "KW is a moron" bandwagon.

RJSooner
11/6/2010, 10:33 PM

Anyone with a philtrum that big gotta be a dumbass.

BOB LABLAW
11/6/2010, 10:41 PM
Where was Finch tonight?

prrriiide
11/6/2010, 10:42 PM
No, just Wilson. The d gave the offense so many opportunities and they failed. The defense wouldn't have had to be out so much if the offense ran the ball from the start to finish.

Right before that last goal-line abortion, the announcers said that it was OU's 100th offensive play. 100 plays and 19 points. With our talent, that's ridiculous.

OK Wilson. You led a record-setting offense a couple of years ago. Big f'n whoop. All you have done outside the 405 or 214 area codes the last 2 years is pee down your leg.

Time to go.

Gilligan
11/6/2010, 10:44 PM
Bring back Mike Leach....wilson sucks. Lets run the ball up the middle. Come on run it out on the corner....or pass it.

Gilligan
11/6/2010, 10:48 PM
Anyone with a philtrum that big gotta be a dumbass.

This would be funny as hell if it wasn't so true.....lol

Gilligan
11/6/2010, 10:50 PM

This would be funny as hell if it wasn't so true........ Im laughing anyway

delhalew
11/6/2010, 10:51 PM
Bring back Mike Leach....wilson sucks. Lets run the ball up the middle. Come on run it out on the corner....or pass it.

Jeebus. Try not to be stupid. Leach is going to go back to being a coordinator.

PS...**** you Wilson.:D I like it. Feels good.

CrimsonJim
11/6/2010, 10:52 PM

This would be funny as hell if it wasn't so true........ Im laughing anyway

Would everything be funny if it wasn't true? :confused:

SOONER44EVER
11/6/2010, 10:53 PM
This loss is on Stoops. He is the guy that keeps these other guys around.

Gilligan
11/6/2010, 10:56 PM
Would everything be funny if it wasn't true? :confused:

MMMMM, it might be.:eek:

oulucas
11/6/2010, 10:58 PM
Maybe we should try a bubble screen, or Demarco up the middle! 

Gilligan
11/6/2010, 11:00 PM
Maybe we should try a bubble screen, or Demarco up the middle! 

They could get creative and say, throw the ball down the field. That might be to easy.:rolleyes:

delhalew
11/6/2010, 11:04 PM
They could get creative and say, throw the ball down the field. That might be to easy.:rolleyes:

They did that goober. Landry went all epileptic every time.

**** wilson

Gilligan
11/6/2010, 11:08 PM
They did that goober. Landry went all epileptic every time.

**** wilson

I fear that when you put Landry behind in scoring that he looses his ability to read what the defense is doing.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 11:12 PM
Where was Finch tonight?

They hammered him. I think someone watched some tape.

booomer
11/6/2010, 11:13 PM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3145/4stooges.jpg

silverwheels
11/6/2010, 11:14 PM
Can we have two offensive coordinators and two defensive coordinators? One set for home games and one for games away from Norman? And obviously Wilson and Venables would stay in Norman.

n8v_ndn
11/6/2010, 11:31 PM
It's gotta say something when other programs aren't sniffing around your Coords. Bob lives in such a different world than us mere mortals that it all doesn't matter. He's got the big house and bank account...he could care less.

Curly Bill
11/6/2010, 11:33 PM
This loss is on Stoops. He is the guy that keeps these other guys around.

Man, there's a lot of truth in that.

SOONER44EVER
11/6/2010, 11:35 PM
Can we have two offensive coordinators and two defensive coordinators? One set for home games and one for games away from Norman? And obviously Wilson and Venables would stay in Norman.

Might as well get a "road" head coach too.

MamaMia
11/6/2010, 11:51 PM

Now THATS an idea. :D

budbarrybob
11/7/2010, 12:12 AM

Yup, what was it? on 3 drives inside the 5 that Didn't score 11 running plays...

goingoneight
11/7/2010, 12:51 AM
I think much like the Mizzou game, this one is on everybody. It was a four-hour game of ridiculous mishaps and questionable calls. These are quality coaches who just have no answer for this road problem THIS YEAR. We had this problem in 2007 and THIS STAFF corrected it in 2008. I can't see one statistical or literal category against Missouri and A&M where we deserved to win, and throwing in the towel like we did in both games pisses off the people who pay your bills.

OL = better than a year ago, but not championship-caliber. More disciplined, but not physical enough when we need them to be.

QB = improved over a year ago, but still regresses away from home at times.

WR = marginally better, mostly by strength in numbers

DL = MAJOR DROPOFF... you can't turn it on for just one quarter of the game and expect to win. You just can't do it. Young guns have to get better or many years of below-90th-ranked defense are ahead, no matter who the DC is.

LB = OVERRATED. Period. Great kids, I'm sure, with lots of upside as well... but no way have they lived up to the hype.

Secondary is = to every secondary that has to chase receivers around for seven seconds per play... it would look a lot better if QB's weren't standing tall, untouched to embarass us.

Special teams... sheesh.

I'm sure next week we'll hang 90 on Texas Tech in Norman and sweat bullets against the likes of freaking Baylor and OSU on the road.

2010 has seen a good run from a young bunch, but it's time to lay off of the BCS talk... we're not good enough yet. Not good enough and not hungry enough to finish out ballgames. I saw many a post about how Sam wasn't a winner after Colorado, Iowa State and West Virginia back in 2007. Things will progress and regress with time, practice, developnment, graduation, early departures, etc.

Tonight's stage was set for a win like the 2000 game or the 2004 game in College Station. We made our bed early and staged a comeback effort, but continued to puke down our legs in the fourth quarter. A game that would have been over in the first quarter in Norman made our young bunch wilt again. The playcalling and sense of urgency needs improvement just as much if not more than our fundamentals. I like our potential, but Sooner Magic ain't happening when you give up a 17-point differential on special teams alone. For those counting... it's a kickoff return, a dropped touchdown pass perfectly thrown and a field goal attempt that would have been better attempted by a one-legged man.

Bottom line: if we're world-beaters at home, there's simply no excuse for this epic meltdown bullshat outside the 405. We're going to end up being a perrenial .500 ballclub in the conference if this shat doesn't improve. If NOBODY can beat us at home... what the HELL is this business with being so clueless and ineffective on the road. I know it's harder to play road games, but it's not so bad that our guys get this damn embarassed damn near every time out there.

pappy
11/7/2010, 06:32 AM
If KW is such a great offensive coordinator how come all he can come up with is a running play straight up the middle? He has no imagination...Why can't he call something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyyNenfDMTs

Sooner70
11/7/2010, 07:10 AM
Same old story. Ineffective on a key road game. Let the opponent jump out to a big lead. Outscored 14-2 in 4th quarter. Failure to cash in on opportunities. I count no less than 31 points OU could've had if they 1) cash in on making TD's inside opponent 5 yd line, 2) kick a decent field goal, and 2) Hanna catches Nimmo's pass. Inconsistent special teams play continues to haunt OU.

Take nothing away from A&M. They're getting their act together. The Houston Chronicle is touting this as a landmark win for Sherman & the Aggie program. If the Aggies can go on to beat archrival Texas & play in a decent bowl, this will be a good season for them.

Far as officiating, don't think it was a factor. Because of radio reception, I have to listen to the A&M announcers, and they felt they got screwed a few times too on calls/no calls , so it balances out.

This sucks, but I wouldn't want to be a Longhorn fan right now. Talk about meltdown. At least OU had a chance to jump back in & make a game of it. Texas is loaded with talent and just flat out playing sorry football. Gilbert threw 5 ints & now Texas is relying on gimmick plays to try & make something good happen. Not typical UT football. People are mad & Mack is frustrated to no end.

pappy
11/7/2010, 07:21 AM
Its a shame that we justify our losses based on whether or not texas has more or less losses in the same season as we do.

KW absolutely sucked last night...I'm starting to think he never leaves norman unless he is recruiting.

Everyone keeps bringing up all these plays that had they gone differently maybe we would've won and you say it as if texas a&m played a flawless game or something...if some of there plays go their way they beat us by a lot more.

adoniijahsooner
11/7/2010, 08:08 AM

The human philtrum, bordered by ridges, is also known as the infranasal depression, but has no apparent function

cyclonesooner
11/7/2010, 10:12 AM
How can anybody in their right mind, with the game on the line run to the left and expect the left tackle who has not blocked a soul the whole night to reach block the end so Murray can score to the outside. The guy needs to be fired, IMMEDIATELY ! What a joke. It was one thing to not be able to score on the goalline against Florida, but now it's Missouri and Texas A @ M. Whose next ? North Texas State ?

OUmillenium
11/7/2010, 10:33 AM
Same old story. Ineffective on a key road game. Let the opponent jump out to a big lead. Outscored 14-2 in 4th quarter. Failure to cash in on opportunities. I count no less than 31 points OU could've had if they 1) cash in on making TD's inside opponent 5 yd line, 2) kick a decent field goal, and 2) Hanna catches Nimmo's pass. Inconsistent special teams play continues to haunt OU.

Take nothing away from A&M. They're getting their act together. The Houston Chronicle is touting this as a landmark win for Sherman & the Aggie program. If the Aggies can go on to beat archrival Texas & play in a decent bowl, this will be a good season for them.

Far as officiating, don't think it was a factor. Because of radio reception, I have to listen to the A&M announcers, and they felt they got screwed a few times too on calls/no calls , so it balances out.

This sucks, but I wouldn't want to be a Longhorn fan right now. Talk about meltdown. At least OU had a chance to jump back in & make a game of it. Texas is loaded with talent and just flat out playing sorry football. Gilbert threw 5 ints & now Texas is relying on gimmick plays to try & make something good happen. Not typical UT football. People are mad & Mack is frustrated to no end.

I agree. It's a whole lot of factors that go into our pathetic road play. Good coaching is required to negate or reduce those factors, however. Haven't seen much this year.
- wasted timeouts
- punt/fg teams that can't get on the field on time
- poor clock management in multiple games (Mizzou/A&M most notable)
- limited/predictable offensive playcalling partially due to limited off line performance and limited ability of QB (great arm, no vision)
- defense = road fail, similar to Big Game Bob maybe we should call Venables "40 point Brent (even though A&M didn't actually get 40)

Too many correctable mistakes being made too late in the season, IMO. Hope we win out and still bring home Big 12 gold but road game at lOSUr worries me.

SoonerMustang
11/7/2010, 10:35 AM

OU's paying Bob $270,000 per month. You would think he could handle the road duties as well.....

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 02:43 PM
OU's paying Bob $270,000 per month. You would think he could handle the road duties as well.....

He used to be able to..........a long time ago.

Piware
11/7/2010, 03:11 PM

The notion of Landry trying to run a Mike Leach offense almost makes me black out.

En_Fuego
11/7/2010, 03:18 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/BarkingCarnival/big4_brentvenables3_0808.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86/blindguidedog/119434-Stan_Laurel.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/BarkingCarnival/WILSON_KEVIN150.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq213/robsonj3/OliverHardycheeks.gif

SoonerMustang
11/7/2010, 03:45 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/BarkingCarnival/big4_brentvenables3_0808.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86/blindguidedog/119434-Stan_Laurel.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/BarkingCarnival/WILSON_KEVIN150.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq213/robsonj3/OliverHardycheeks.gif

Thats simply awesome!

boomermagic
11/7/2010, 04:55 PM

Wait ! If Wilson is a moron what does that make Stoops for allowing him to call plays and run our offense ? hmmm.. Why does Bob get a pass ? he's the man IN CHARGE . NOT WILSON..

TXBOOMER
11/7/2010, 05:02 PM
KW just got a raise, he is not going anywhere.

boomermagic
11/7/2010, 05:08 PM
KW just got a raise, he is not going anywhere.

If i was making what he makes I would stay as long as my boss allowed me to stay..

rm50
11/7/2010, 07:46 PM
I think everyone that is going after Kevin Wilson has it wrong. He has a boss and that boss is Bob Stoops. The buck starts and stops with Bob. It is pretty clear that Bob is not the same Bob that was hired at OU. He has become very conservative, Therefore his assistants are very conservative.

Bob Stoops should apoligize to his team and the fans for his coaching over the past 6 years and it is getting worse each year.