PDA

View Full Version : Its not that bad

MamaMia
11/6/2010, 10:05 PM
So, Our blockers cant block

Our kicking team is atrocious; we cant punt...the kick offs are bad, we cant count on our field goal kicker

We cant run the ball when we need to

We cant stop the run

We cant rush the QB

Laundry Jones cant scramble and other stuff

Our OC isn't worth a darn

Our defensive line is weak

Stoops does not have control of this team

but we're still OU...or are we?

Crimson Kid
11/6/2010, 10:13 PM
I don't know if that's a good thing or bad?:(

kevpks
11/6/2010, 10:16 PM
I am looking forward to drilling Tech by 50 next week. That's all I got.

okienator
11/6/2010, 10:17 PM
Sad thing is every game im hopeful for some change and it never comes and looks like it never will.

sooner KB
11/6/2010, 10:18 PM
I think our punting is ok...

yukonmiller
11/6/2010, 10:20 PM
I seriously think if I would have attempted that last field goal it wouldn't have looked that bad. And I've never kicked a field goal in my life.

tooslow
We are definitely still OU. How many teams and fans of those teams would love to have 2 losses at this point of the season? MANY! We are angry because our team has 2 losses. That says a lot. Now if we are content with a 2-3 loss season, then it's going to be a rough ride over the next 5-10 years.

ruf/nekdad
at least we are not texas.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 10:21 PM
Well...the last quarter of that game was pretty bad.

We completely fell apart after Hanna dropped that pass.

I commend the Coaches and Players for continuing to try but TAMU has had their asses beat pretty bad by us in the past and getting a little payback when they are on a roll is gonna happen. 77-0 leaves a pretty big scar.

They have to play us in Norman next year. Remember this when someone tells you it's not nice to boo when tamu comes to Norman and that we should be nicer. It's freaking FOOTBALL!

Jdog
11/6/2010, 10:23 PM
It's taken a while to find our identity -
NO Confidence away from home - but at least we're better than Texas.

soonervegas
11/6/2010, 10:24 PM
at least Basketball starts next week......oh wait....

soonercastor
11/6/2010, 10:24 PM
Well aTm didn't play that great. They had way too many penalties, two interceptions I believe. And they won by 2 TDs. We just played like ****

Boomer.....
11/6/2010, 10:30 PM
I'd much rather be here than in Austin.

cccasooner2
11/6/2010, 10:31 PM
We completely fell apart after Hanna dropped that pass.

Kinda like after Bradley made the muff in the game that didn't exist.

agoo758
11/6/2010, 10:31 PM
So, Our blockers cant block

Our kicking team is atrocious; we cant punt...the kick offs are bad, we cant count on our field goal kicker

We cant run the ball when we need to

We cant stop the run

We cant rush the QB

Laundry Jones cant scramble and other stuff

Our OC isn't worth a darn

Our defensive line is weak

Stoops does not have control of this team

but we're still OU...or are we?

Its never that bad MamaMia.

At the end of the day, its a game. A game that you have no control over. A game that even when your team does well, you did noting to contribute to that sucess when all is said and done.
I am more concerned with studying for the LSAT, playing my drums, and keeping a good relationship with friends, family, and God.

Football is never that bad, if I had to choose between the teams sucess and my own, I would witout a doubt choose my own.

OffroadOUFan
11/6/2010, 10:32 PM
Ugh, but better a Sooner than, well, anything else!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/6/2010, 10:34 PM
Mama,

You forgot our tacklers can't tackle.

Even so, yes we are still OU and I'm still proud to be a Sooner.

(And as somebody else alluded to, however much we might suck right now, we still don't suck nearly as bad as *.)

MyT Oklahoma
You know 25 or 30 years ago I would come completely undone after a game like tonight. Nowadays I remember no one feels worse than our players. That plus I can always come here and vent. God Bless the Internet.

zeke
I think our punting is ok...

me too

proudsoonergal
11/6/2010, 10:35 PM
at least we are not texas.

True dat.

MamaMia
11/6/2010, 10:44 PM
I feel as if Stoops has lost his passion and it has had a trickle down effect.

TrophyCollector
11/6/2010, 10:48 PM
I seriously think if I would have attempted that last field goal it wouldn't have looked that bad. And I've never kicked a field goal in my life.

I kicked a field goal once. I was really drunk. It didn't look that bad.

Crimsontothecore
11/6/2010, 10:55 PM
Complacency and lack of accountability on the coaches is what I blame these bland performances on. If you look around the country, you see that a lot of head coaches replace OC's and DC's if they aren't performing their jobs consistently. But Stoops doesn't believe in firing anyone no matter how ineffective they become. For a guy who has such a short fuse with the media and is somewhat arrogant, it amazes me how tolerant he is of sub-par performances on the part of assistant coaches. Instead, he blames players for not executing.
Every time I read stories about what a family oriented guy Bob is and how he invites all the coaches over for thanksgiving dinner, ect., it makes me realize that he will never fire a coach on his staff no matter how stale they become because he is way too emotionally involved with them. Heck, the coaches wives probably buy Mary Kay from Carol so Bob couldn't fire anyone if he wanted to.
I just believe that coaches at other programs are driven to evolve their schemes and be innovative and creative in order to keep their jobs. OU assistants have no such motivation because they all know they have jobs for as long as they want them.