PDA

View Full Version : We need * to beat OSU for the SOuth

soonercastor
11/6/2010, 10:03 PM
If this doesn't happen I don't think we'll make it although we control our own destiny. Realistically, we drop 1 more game and that would put OSU in pole position for the South; so if they beat * I think they win it.

We really need to make this run and play in a BCS bowl this year, otherwise that "next year" may never be.

picasso
11/6/2010, 10:26 PM
We don't deserve it.

In fact, nobody deserves to win the Big 12 thus far.

Okie35
11/6/2010, 10:27 PM
We don't deserve it.

In fact, nobody deserves to win the Big 12 thus far.

So true, its actually still wide open.

jumperstop
11/6/2010, 10:27 PM
Not worried. It'll still come down to bedlam for the trip to the CCG.

jumperstop
11/6/2010, 10:28 PM
Why when I type b3dlam does it make it say bedlam?

wishbonesooner
11/6/2010, 10:28 PM
How confident are you that we play better in Stillwater than we did tonight?

OUthunder
11/6/2010, 10:29 PM
Aint'

Gonna

Happen

Jdog
11/6/2010, 10:30 PM

not

picasso
11/6/2010, 10:30 PM
The Pokes are probably playing better than anyone and they lost to Nebbish at home.

Nope, nobody should get the Big 12 trophy this year.

bluedogok
11/6/2010, 10:31 PM
I could care less about "what has to happen" to get into the championship game. To me you win it on the field instead of all the "what if" things that have to happen to get in.

sooner KB
11/6/2010, 10:33 PM
Am I a bad Sooner fan if I don't want OU to make a BCS bowl?

CrimsonRez
11/6/2010, 10:33 PM
bedlam

CrimsonRez
11/6/2010, 10:34 PM
haha it does! i didn't know that lol

SoonerMarkVA
11/6/2010, 10:39 PM

Please! Ain't gonna happen. This team is similar psychologically on the road to where Stoops had Mack from 2000-2004. We now expect to stink and go into a shell. Just the fact that we've given up kickoffs for TDs in both our games on the other team's field tells you something about our mentality.

I'm not sure we're capable of beating either Baylor or Boone St. on the road. But we'd smoke 'em at home by 21+, both.

Sooner98
11/6/2010, 10:44 PM
Am I a bad Sooner fan if I don't want OU to make a BCS bowl?

Can we lobby to move the Fiesta Bowl to Owen Field? Otherwise, we would get absolutely shellacked by Boise or TCU.

Statalyzer
11/6/2010, 11:21 PM
Oklahoma State is going to beat us about 45-17....

soonerborn45
11/7/2010, 08:44 PM
I will admit that after last night's performance that I am very skeptical about OU's chances. With that being said I would like all of you to remember one key element of that game... the aggie factor, aka poke choke. It exists and history has proven it so lets just hope that the team improves and let's let OSU make their own mistakes as they have done in the past.

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 08:48 PM
Um, don't we have to win out to get there without counting on * or anyone else to get it done for us? You know, through the front door like we earned it instead of backing into it?

SoonerKnight
11/7/2010, 08:52 PM
Realisticly I think the team gets more worked up over osu than other teams so this could be a good one or it could really suck but a lot of these kids know each other so it may be a little different. Last year we goose egged them and the offense played crappy at home!

Scott D
11/7/2010, 09:06 PM
I don't know, I think we can take the Big East Champ in the Fiesta this year.

TrophyCollector
11/7/2010, 09:09 PM
Um, don't we have to win out to get there without counting on * or anyone else to get it done for us? You know, through the front door like we earned it instead of backing into it?

Uh no, we need help even if we win out. AtM has the tie-breaker on us.

silverwheels
11/7/2010, 09:09 PM
I don't know, I think we can take the Big East Champ in the Fiesta this year.

It would be away from Norman so my hopes aren't high.

silverwheels
11/7/2010, 09:10 PM

If A&M and OU win out, and OSU's only loss from this point forward is to OU, then it would be a 3-way tie. So technically we don't need A&M to lose. It would just make things easier.

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 09:10 PM

ATM will lose to Nebraska so it'll come down to the winner of Bedlam

delhalew
11/7/2010, 09:11 PM
Why when I type b3dlam does it make it say OU-OSU?

bla bla ringtone bla bla AD bla ENA bla bla.:D

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 09:20 PM

There is no such as thing as "backing into it." Silly concept.

TrophyCollector
11/7/2010, 09:25 PM
If A&M and OU win out, and OSU's only loss from this point forward is to OU, then it would be a 3-way tie. So technically we don't need A&M to lose. It would just make things easier.

Just saying that we no longer control our own destiny.

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 09:27 PM

we win out we're in, regardless of what others do....so yeah we control our own destiny.

thunderlounge
11/7/2010, 09:36 PM

Not 100%, no. Have to win out, and someone has to beat aTm.

In a 3-way tie, I dunno how that would come out so good with the BCS deciding it. It could be the wrong end of the stick this time around.

But, then again, OU wins out and they should be good. Winning out, I'm not sure either OSU or aTm would be ranked higher.

It will be interesting to watch unfold, at least.

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 09:38 PM
we do not need anybody to beat aTm; the first tie-breaker if there is a three-way tie is overall record, and IF we win out we'll have an overall better record (tied with OSU) then its H2H.

silverwheels
11/7/2010, 09:41 PM
we do not need anybody to beat aTm; the first tie-breaker if there is a three-way tie is overall record, and IF we win out we'll have an overall record.

No, it's not.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1546006

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 09:43 PM
No, it's not.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1546006

yeah you're right, I didn't read the first one well "against each other." So it looks like it will come down to the BCS.

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 10:27 PM
yeah you're right, I didn't read the first one well "against each other." So it looks like it will come down to the BCS.

Kind of like it did when * flew banners around? So again, if we win out, we are in, no matter what the rest of them do. No way we wouldn't be higher in the BCS than the corps aggies if we beat a ranked osu.

Besides, as many times as the corps aggies knocked out *, don't you think * would like to return that favor?

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 10:34 PM
Kind of like it did when * flew banners around? So again, if we win out, we are in, no matter what the rest of them do. No way we wouldn't be higher in the BCS than the corps aggies if we beat a ranked osu.

Besides, as many times as the corps aggies knocked out *, don't you think * would like to return that favor?

actually I'm not worried about A&M, at this point I want * to be ineligible for a bowl :D. But yeah if they can knock em out, it will avoid all the headache and come down to OU-OSU.

soonerchk
11/7/2010, 10:36 PM
actually I'm not worried about A&M, at this point I want * to be ineligible for a bowl :D. But yeah if they can knock em out, it will avoid all the headache and come down to OU-OSU.

Probably won't matter anyway since we're doomed, right?:pop: ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/7/2010, 10:49 PM
The cows need to beat orange aggy, just because of the Despicable Ratings. Orange aggy is closer to the top than the cows.