PDA

View Full Version : Big Game Bob..

Soonerus
11/6/2010, 10:02 PM
The new monnicker for Bob as he helps mediocre teams beat OU on a regular basis now...never used to happen...thanks, Big Game(for them) Bob...

ouwapiti
11/6/2010, 10:11 PM
'choke job bob' is more fitting the last few years

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 10:12 PM
They're all Big Games

1soonerfan
11/6/2010, 10:14 PM
Hey I think there is a job open in Texas'!!!! Maybe they would be happy with a mediocre coach and offensive coordinator.

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 10:15 PM
The new monnicker for Bob as he helps mediocre teams beat OU on a regular basis now...never used to happen...thanks, Big Game(for them) Bob...

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn168/FrenchFryGuy515/crying-baby.jpg

the_edge
11/6/2010, 10:23 PM
I hate to say this, but if any of us were only putting forth 75 or 80% effort towards our jobs, and we still got paid 3.5 million dollars a year, we'd all probably slack off a bit, as well.

He cares more about his family than perhaps any other coach at a "name" school. The coaching staff probably works fewer hours per week than any other coaching staff at a "name" school. And that's how Bob wants it.

These days, Bob isn't a coach that is up watching film at 3 A.M. on a Wednesday, but he's also not a coach that's going to the emergency room with chest pains. His dad dying young has had a profound effect on how he approaches coaching, and life.

Jdog
11/6/2010, 10:40 PM
He hasn't been Big Game Bob since the 05 Orange Bowl. How about Back Home BOB

Blue
11/6/2010, 10:42 PM
I kinda like "Road Kill" Bob.

agoo758
11/6/2010, 10:44 PM
I kinda like "Road Kill" Bob.

That made me laugh. :P

CrimsonJim
11/6/2010, 10:46 PM
You're not going to melt down again, are ya Rus? ;)

jumperstop
11/6/2010, 10:46 PM
Who the **** even calls him this anymore? Every loss you dumbasses bring out this old *** nickname. That's the only time his name is Big Game Bob, is when we lose. Is going to an unranked aTm a truely "big game"? No.

MyT Oklahoma
11/6/2010, 10:47 PM
I hate to say this, but if any of us were only putting forth 75 or 80% effort towards our jobs, and we still got paid 3.5 million dollars a year, we'd all probably slack off a bit, as well.

He cares more about his family than perhaps any other coach at a "name" school. The coaching staff probably works fewer hours per week than any other coaching staff at a "name" school. And that's how Bob wants it.

These days, Bob isn't a coach that is up watching film at 3 A.M. on a Wednesday, but he's also not a coach that's going to the emergency room with chest pains. His dad dying young has had a profound effect on how he approaches coaching, and life.

I love OU football but Bob's priority should be his family. God and family should always come first.

CrimsonRez
11/6/2010, 10:50 PM
Okay, some of you are freaking jack***es do you really think that someone that gets paid that much money and is in the public view as much as those coaches are, are going to purposely do a half assed job? Hell no, the coaches can only do so much, they can't go out there and catch the ball for Hanna or keep Landry in the pocket when he tries to run out of it for no reason. Stop putting all this on the coaches. Yes I know the players are just kids but you know, they are given a free ride to a great university and at some point must be held responsible.

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 10:53 PM
Okay, some of you are freaking jack***es do you really think that someone that gets paid that much money and is in the public view as much as those coaches are, are going to purposely do a half assed job? Hell no, the coaches can only do so much, they can't go out there and catch the ball for Hanna or keep Landry in the pocket when he tries to run out of it for no reason. Stop putting all this on the coaches. Yes I know the players are just kids but you know, they are given a free ride to a great university and at some point must be held responsible.

And the players are putting out the effort. They just need more experience and I think they will do a great job next year. This year is simply not our year.

oulucas
11/6/2010, 10:53 PM
I love OU football but Bob's priority should be his family. God and family should always come first.

OK. I respect that opinion. However, he then needs to no longer be a college football coach. Are you effing kidding me? He is paid millions of dollars. He accepted that money. He needs to show up and be accountble.

SOONER44EVER
11/6/2010, 10:55 PM
Bob Stoops is the second most overrated coach in college football behind Mack Brown. Remember when we used to compare him to Bud and Barry? lol

cccasooner2
11/6/2010, 10:56 PM

Deduct $1 million for family and $1 million for God then.

CrimsonRez
11/6/2010, 11:01 PM
I guess what some people forget is, is that theres a lot of college football teams. You're gonna lose some ball games. You're not going to win the MNC year in and year out. Suck it up, we'll be alright.

soonercastor
11/6/2010, 11:02 PM
And the players are putting out the effort. They just need more experience and I think they will do a great job next year. This year is simply not our year.

I agree to a certain extent. We could have said this same thing last year. Right now I think its a mental thing; we go on the road give up a big play early and we get into panic mode. If we dont win convincingly on the road this year, we'll have the same problem next year.

SOONER44EVER
11/6/2010, 11:05 PM
I agree to a certain extent. We could have said this same thing last year. Right now I think its a mental thing; we go on the road give up a big play early and we get into panic mode. If we dont win convincingly on the road this year, we'll have the same problem next year.

We did say it last year. We're starting to sound like osu fans with all this next year crap.

Leroyt
11/7/2010, 12:39 AM
Hell, by this logic bama should be looking for a new coach, saban lost to les. His nickname is "the mad hatter". nothing else needs to be said about that.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 12:41 AM
Hell, by this logic bama should be looking for a new coach, saban lost to les. His nickname is "the mad hatter". nothing else needs to be said about that.

So Bama plays bad on the road every game for 4 years running?

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 12:43 AM

You're comparing losing to LSU to losing to aTm? Really?

Breadburner
11/7/2010, 12:44 AM
Another thread full of Massengill......

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 12:46 AM
I'm in favor of Possum Bob................since he always gets killed on the road.

spatton713
11/7/2010, 12:47 AM
That made me laugh. :P

sadly me 2

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 12:48 AM
I'm in favor of Possum Bob................since he always gets killed on the road.

That's funny! You'd think I would have heard it before, but I didn't remember it if I have.

Blue
11/7/2010, 12:50 AM
I can't take credit for "Road Kill" Bob. I heard it in the gamethread and about spit my whole drink out on the monitor. :D

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 12:51 AM
I heard a similar possum joke on the sportsanimal

Collier11
11/7/2010, 12:52 AM
So if Hanna catches the Fake FG or if Landry doesnt overthrow Stills and we win, is he Big Game Bob? Some of you are raging hypocrites

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 12:54 AM
So if Hanna catches the Fake FG or if Landry doesnt overthrow Stills and we win, is he Big Game Bob? Some of you are raging hypocrites

Naw, he's got a ways to go to earn that moniker back.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 12:54 AM

Big Game Bob died on a cold January night about 5 years ago. He hasn't been seen since.

Collier11
11/7/2010, 12:55 AM
I gaurantee you if that Fake FG had been completed and we won, there would be 10 threads on this board about how the river boat gambler, Big game Bob was back

Blue
11/7/2010, 12:56 AM
Bob 2000- Big game Bob

Bob 2005- can't win the big one. Big Game Boob.

Bob 2010. Can't win on the road. Road Kill Bob.

It's a disturbing trend Collier and for you to just dismiss it tells me you are in denial.

I love Bob and I love what they've done here but all people are saying is the trend they are noticing. All it takes is one year to turn it around and I'm willing to give Bob a pass. I'll never call for his head.

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 12:57 AM
I gaurantee you if that Fake FG had been completed and we won, there would be 10 threads on this board about how the river boat gambler, Big game Bob was back

Yeah, but only if you started them. :D

Collier11
11/7/2010, 12:58 AM
We are a overthrown pass by 5 inches and about 3 missed blocks on the goalline from having 3 national titles my friend. We played for a National Title 3 years ago. We could still win the conf this year. If we go 8-4 next year ill worry, til then im fine

Leroyt
11/7/2010, 12:59 AM
I did not realize that lester got mad respect around here. This thread makes much more sense now.

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 01:02 AM
We are a overthrown pass by 5 inches and about 3 missed blocks on the goalline from having 3 national titles my friend. We played for a National Title 3 years ago. We could still win the conf this year. If we go 8-4 next year ill worry, til then im fine

Like my dad always said: If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry f**king Christmas. :D

Collier11
11/7/2010, 01:03 AM
True, my point is that he is a few player screw ups from possibly being one of the greatest ever. Now you have to count on your players in order to be a great coach so I realize it goes both ways, just sayin

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 01:04 AM
True, my point is that he is a few player screw ups from possibly being one of the greatest ever. Now you have to count on your players in order to be a great coach so I realize it goes both ways, just sayin

I'd counter that by saying he's a few coordinator screw ups from possibly being one of the greatest ever. ;)

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 01:06 AM

You never worry. We could be totally embarassed in a MNC game, lose numerous games we were favored in andplay badly on the road for years and you still wouldn't worry. Wait...............we did all that and you still didn't worry.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 01:07 AM
I'd counter that by saying he's a few coordinator screw ups from possibly being one of the greatest ever. ;)

Long and Wilson? :D

FallbrookSooner
11/7/2010, 01:07 AM
COME ON!!!!! 4 attempts at a score and Kevin run's it up the middle 4 times????? Who can't figure that out? Everytime, every game, every situation, they call the same damn thing. I can call every play from the line up and situation. There are no surprises.

How did the Mad Hatter win today? He called something Alabama never expected on 4th and long. THAT IS HOW YOU GO OUT AND WIN GAMES!!!!!!! OU's coaches ARE doing a half *** job! No inovation or creativity at all. What happened to the games/coaching where we surprised the hell out of teams and they looked at us and said "that's Oklahoma Football?"

Stoops is being out coached at every game now!

So much talent, so little leadership!

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 01:08 AM
Long and Wilson? :D

Long sucks, and KW is pretty mediocre when he doesn't have an offensive juggernaut to work with, but I reserve most of my ire for Venables, who has never measured up to what a DC for OU should be.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 01:12 AM
Long sucks, and KW is pretty mediocre when he doesn't have an offensive juggernaut to work with, but I reserve most of my ire for Venables, who has never measured up to what a DC for OU should be.

True. I long for the days when we had the talent to overcome the bad coaching. Remember Chuck "Run on 1st and 2nd" Long? How many times did Jason bail us out on 3rd and 10? Ahhh, the good old days.

Collier11
11/7/2010, 01:13 AM
You never worry. We could be totally embarassed in a MNC game, lose numerous games we were favored in andplay badly on the road for years and you still wouldn't worry. Wait...............we did all that and you still didn't worry.

What do I have to worry about, Im a fan? Im a realist though, Stoops has done an OUTSTANDING job at OU, in the 12 years he has been a head coach he is one of the top 5 in the nation. He is a cpl of poorly executed plays from having 3 national titles. Does he have faults, sure. Has he made mistakes, sure. Does that change my opinion of him, Hell No! Please tell me what I have to worry about? We came into this season as one of the youngest in the nation, we got a high ranking early and now we are settling in at where we probably shouldve been. We were never a great team this year that just fell apart, we are who we are. We are a 9 to 11 win team this year.

Next year was always supposed to be Stoops next really good team, so like I said in another thread, until we go 8-4 next year, nothing is wrong. You can look at all of the negative plays tonight and the majority were player mistakes. We are young and prone to screw ups, it happens. Ask Bama, Florida, texas, lol

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 01:17 AM
Next year was always supposed to be Stoops next really good team, so like I said in another thread, until we go 8-4 next year, nothing is wrong. You can look at all of the negative plays tonight and the majority were player mistakes. We are young and prone to screw ups, it happens. Ask Bama, Florida, texas, lol

Bama Florida and texas have played bad on the road for 4 years?

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 01:20 AM
What do I have to worry about, Im a fan? Im a realist though, Stoops has done an OUTSTANDING job at OU, in the 12 years he has been a head coach he is one of the top 5 in the nation. He is a cpl of poorly executed plays from having 3 national titles. Does he have faults, sure. Has he made mistakes, sure. Does that change my opinion of him, Hell No! Please tell me what I have to worry about? We came into this season as one of the youngest in the nation, we got a high ranking early and now we are settling in at where we probably shouldve been. We were never a great team this year that just fell apart, we are who we are. We are a 9 to 11 win team this year.

Collier, they don't get it and will never get it. They're typical of a bandwagon fan base. All teams have them. And frankly, I think coaches love their job except for one thing: the fans. I am sure they are sick of going out to eat and hearing some loudmouth tell them how to coach. And you can bet that a lot of the people in here would do exactly that.

As Knute Rockne once said after being asked why his team lost: "I won't know until my barber tells me on Monday."

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 01:23 AM
Watch out fellas! Leroid just broke out the ol bandwagon title on us. Oh noes!!!

We're not real fans like him because we don't offer to scrub the underside of the collective coaching sack.

Collier11
11/7/2010, 01:24 AM
Lets look at tonight just for some perspective.

Safety- Landry doesnt catch the damn ball

Missed TD #1- Landry overthrows a wide open Stills

Missed TD #2- Landry overthrows a wide open Ratteree

Kickoff Return- A contain guy is supposed to stay outside and comes inside

Tannehills 1st big run in 1st qt- Alexander loses contain, goes inside instead of staying in his lane

Fake FG- Hanna Drops it

And those are just the plays off the top of my head, what exactly can Stoops do about that?

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 01:24 AM
Watch out fellas! Leroid just broke out the ol bandwagon title on us. Oh noes!!!

We're not real fans like him because we don't offer to scrub the underside of the collective coaching sack.

:D

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 01:26 AM
:D

It looks like you have someone to scrub yours, Curly.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 01:27 AM
Lets look at tonight just for some perspective.

Safety- Landry doesnt catch the damn ball

Missed TD #1- Landry overthrows a wide open Stills

Missed TD #2- Landry overthrows a wide open Ratteree

Kickoff Return- A contain guy is supposed to stay outside and comes inside

Tannehills 1st big run in 1st qt- Alexander loses contain, goes inside instead of staying in his lane

Fake FG- Hanna Drops it

And those are just the plays off the top of my head, what exactly can Stoops do about that?

Plus two dropped INTs.

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 01:27 AM

I've picked up several fans tonight by PWNing you. :D

It's been rewarding. ;)

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 01:28 AM

Wow good one. Your comedy makes up for you lack of football knowledge.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 01:31 AM
I've picked up several fans tonight by PWNing you. :D

It's been rewarding. ;)

Most people take pride in making money and earning degrees and raising good kids. Curly Bill has different standards of accomplishment.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 01:32 AM
Wow good one. Your comedy makes up for you lack of football knowledge.

Well, we're not all coaches like you.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 01:33 AM
Well, we're not all coaches like you.

Obviously

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 01:35 AM
Most people take pride in making money and earning degrees and raising good kids. Curly Bill has different standards of accomplishment.

Well yeah, this isn't at the top of my list or nothing, but I've always enjoyed letting dumasses know that they're dumasses. ;)

Oh! That was another example of you trying too hard. You're welcome.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 01:37 AM
Well yeah, this isn't at the top of my list or nothing, but I've always enjoyed letting dumasses know that they're dumasses. ;)

I get it. LosAngelesSooner and Curly Bill are the same person with the same delusions. That makes sense.

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 01:40 AM
I get it. LosAngelesSooner and Curly Bill are the same person with the same delusions. That makes sense.

LOL, that's really trying too hard. :O

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 01:43 AM
LOL, that's really trying too hard. :O

Yep, the same.

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 01:46 AM
Yep, the same.

Then quit doing it!

If you're gonna live here, you need to work on your game. Like you yourself said: I don't come around here that much these days and I'm still running circles around you. :D

wishbonesooner
11/7/2010, 02:31 AM
Bob was a great coach when he had Mike and Leach/Mangino. These assistants are letting him down.

SoonerKnight
11/7/2010, 02:36 AM
Easy on the Bob hate. We have a young team and we could have experience and be like *!!!!! SO appreciate what we do have.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 02:38 AM
Bob was a great coach when he had Mike and Leach/Mangino. These assistants are letting him down.

Have been for 4 or 5 years.

Wishboned
11/7/2010, 02:46 AM
Bob Stoops is the second most overrated coach in college football behind Mack Brown. Remember when we used to compare him to Bud and Barry? lol

Barry Switzer had 3 consecutive 4 loss seasons, 81-83. He lost twice to Missouri in a 3 year period. And Iowa State actually tied OU...in Norman, and was almost beat.

In 1960 Bud had a 3-6-1 season. And the following season he was 5-5.

Right now there's no other coach I'd rather have in charge of OU.

SOONER44EVER
11/7/2010, 02:48 AM
Barry Switzer had 3 consecutive 4 loss seasons, 81-83. He lost twice to Missouri in a 3 year period. And Iowa State actually tied OU...in Norman, and was almost beat.

In 1960 Bud had a 3-6-1 season. And the following season he was 5-5.

Right now there's no other coach I'd rather have in charge of OU.

He's still no Bud or Barry and never will be.

MamaMia
11/7/2010, 03:49 AM
Playing the way OU played against TCU, Boise State, LSU, the Fiesta Bowls, TGOWWDNS and others, now including Texas A&M, should not have even been a possibility with the caliber of players we have and the amount of money we pay out in coaches fees. The buck stops with Stoops.

His love and dedication for his family has never wavered, nor should it, but his ability to coach a highly recruited group of football players to National Championship status has diminished and did so at a rapid pace. He use to be able to do succeed at both of those challenges. He has taken us to many Big XII Championships only to lose the BCS game or the National Championship title. Thats makes our conference look weak. I no longer see that drive in his eyes, that swagger in his step, that hunger in his persona. Whats his motive to make a National Championship happen for our conference and for the Oklahoma? An 80.5 winning record is not good enough for Oklahoma.

We have members of our fan base who are afraid of playing oSu! :confused: Thats not acceptable on any level. He lost two games back to back with much better players than we have now against them, so I can understand their misgivings.

People call us "Chokelahoma" for a very good reason, and they've been calling us that since the players we have on the field now were in Junior High. Our recruiting efforts are going to suffer over this nonsense.

Sometimes change is a good thing, and its quite obvious that we need some changes.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/7/2010, 04:03 AM
If anyone thought this team was ready for National Championship contention this year...they really weren't paying attention. There is a reason that we are playing so many freshman...

FLSooner
11/7/2010, 05:08 AM
My first post as I found this site searching the web this morning depressed. I am a life long Sooner fan living in Perdido Key Florida (panhandle) and I can tell you there is not a whole lot of OU discussion in SEC country. I read the Norman Transcript on line but there is not a whole lot said there. The thoughts on Stoops in SEC country is that he is a joke. I truly appreciate what Stoops did for OU football in bringing it back. My thoughts; I think he is an excellent recruiter (White, Bradford, Adrian, Broyles, Murray, Gresham, McCoy, etc,) and a good coach. He is one of the highest paid coaches but in my opinion he is not an elite coach. An elite coach does not lose to inferior teams on a regular basis. An elite coach does not lose to inferior teams on the road on a regular basis. An elite coach does not lose major bowl games on a regular basis. Bowls, Coach Stoops failed to win a major bowl game with 2 Heisman QB's and the greatest running back in college football. OU over the past decade has fielded some of the most talented teams in college football but has under achieved when it counted the most and that is a reflection of the coach. We should have never lost to Boise, W. Virginia, LSU and personally, the worst loss since I have been watching OU football (47 yoa) USC when OU simply gave up in a National Championship game! Sorry, since brother Mike left, the program is simply not the same and that lies with the coach. Thoughts from Florida.

SoonerinSouthlake
11/7/2010, 07:02 AM
I no longer see that drive in his eyes, that swagger in his step, that hunger in his persona. Whats his motive to make a National Championship happen for our conference and for the Oklahoma? An 80.5 winning record is not good enough for Oklahoma.

People call us "Chokelahoma" for a very good reason, and they've been calling us that since the players we have on the field now were in Junior High. Our recruiting efforts are going to suffer over this nonsense.

Sometimes change is a good thing, and its quite obvious that we need some changes.

What...are you the "coach whisperer"? or do you maybe spend hours with Bob every day evaluating his motives and drive? OR are you trying to tell us that during the camera shots of him on the sideline and post game interviews that you have, as a expert on human behavior, determined that Stoops has lost his drive?

Look....I'm all for accountability. Big Money=Big Responsibility..(and btw I try to only post silly, not controversial tomfoolery on this board)...... But ANY of you Jackwagons on this board calling for change at the head coaching position at OU are simply FREAKING IDIOTS who need to stop drinking during the games.

I think I took my wife to Miami twice and New Orleans to see us play for the NATIONAL FREAKING CHAMPIONSHIPS! and I, like Bob, would have loved to have won those games...but for one reason or another it didnt go our way. But it wasnt because Stoops has lost his drive

Please, all of you experts, tell me the coach that goes undefeated every year

or

Tell me the coach that ONLY drops games to, lets say, teams in the top 5 and never has a let down at a place like Kyle field. (Have any of the coach whisperers ever attended a game at Kyle Field)

or better yet

tell me the coach, that you would hire today...that you feel would...recruit they caliber of player to NORMAN OKLAHOMA that Bob has, win as many conference titles as Bob has, or see us in as many Natl Title Games as Bob has.

MAYBE Nick Saban??? But lets let him stay in one spot for more than 4 years and see how he pans out as college football allah.

Dont respond to this with any horse crap about CHANGE and how it works in an organization. We have had an enormously successful run since Stoops has been here...Changing at head coach at OU, in a microcosm, would be like saying...the economy is bad in the USA so lets try communism.

BTW People call us "Choklahoma" because.....wait for it....it rhymes. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY...BECAUSE IT GETS UNDER THE VERY THIN SKIN OF SOME SHALLOW SOONER FANS... I saw my Jr High friends in Texas wearing Chokelahoma TShirts in 1988 when we lost the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP games in FB in BBall... Its not new bro....It has nothing to do with how we have played in BCS games.

pappy
11/7/2010, 07:09 AM
Bob Stoops...The Wade Phillips of college football...lots of talent and no idea what to do with it.

Bob Stoops...The Brad Childress of college football...lots of talent and no idea what to do with it.

pappy
11/7/2010, 07:11 AM
What...are you the "coach whisperer"? or do you maybe spend hours with Bob every day evaluating his motives and drive? OR are you trying to tell us that during the camera shots of him on the sideline and post game interviews that you have, as a expert on human behavior, determined that Stoops has lost his drive?

Look....I'm all for accountability. Big Money=Big Responsibility..(and btw I try to only post silly, not controversial tomfoolery on this board)...... But ANY of you Jackwagons on this board calling for change at the head coaching position at OU are simply FREAKING IDIOTS who need to stop drinking during the games.

I think I took my wife to Miami twice and New Orleans to see us play for the NATIONAL FREAKING CHAMPIONSHIPS! and I, like Bob, would have loved to have won those games...but for one reason or another it didnt go our way. But it wasnt because Stoops has lost his drive

Please, all of you experts, tell me the coach that goes undefeated every year

or

Tell me the coach that ONLY drops games to, lets say, teams in the top 5 and never has a let down at a place like Kyle field. (Have any of the coach whisperers ever attended a game at Kyle Field)

or better yet

tell me the coach, that you would hire today...that you feel would...recruit they caliber of player to NORMAN OKLAHOMA that Bob has, win as many conference titles as Bob has, or see us in as many Natl Title Games as Bob has.

MAYBE Nick Saban??? But lets let him stay in one spot for more than 4 years and see how he pans out as college football allah.

Dont respond to this with any horse crap about CHANGE and how it works in an organization. We have had an enormously successful run since Stoops has been here...Changing at head coach at OU, in a microcosm, would be like saying...the economy is bad in the USA so lets try communism.

BTW People call us "Choklahoma" because.....wait for it....it rhymes. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY...BECAUSE IT GETS UNDER THE VERY THIN SKIN OF SOME SHALLOW SOONER FANS... I saw my Jr High friends in Texas wearing Chokelahoma TShirts in 1988 when we lost the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP games in FB in BBall... Its not new bro....It has nothing to do with how we have played in BCS games.

I would take gary patterson or chris peterson in a heart beat. Preferably peterson.

cleller
11/7/2010, 08:13 AM
Well the sad part is there are basically two camps. One is making insults, the other is making excuses.

Not a very positive outlook for either camp.

TUSooner
11/7/2010, 08:34 AM

Now he doesn't even compare well to Les Miles.

PLaw
11/7/2010, 08:37 AM
You're comparing losing to LSU to losing to a very average aTm with a WR playing QB? Really?

Fixed.

OUthunder
11/7/2010, 08:42 AM

I never thought I'd say this, but I agree. Les Miles is a better coach than Bob Stoops and he's bat **** crazy. He owned Bob Stoops, with lesser talent and lesser resources.

I don't expect to win all of our road games, but playing well in a few of them would be nice for a change. Losing to one of the worst teams in the conference, playing a receiver at QB is unacceptable.

PLaw
11/7/2010, 08:42 AM
COME ON!!!!! 4 attempts at a score and Kevin run's it up the middle 4 times????? Who can't figure that out? Everytime, every game, every situation, they call the same damn thing. I can call every play from the line up and situation. There are no surprises.

How did the Mad Hatter win today? He called something Alabama never expected on 4th and long. THAT IS HOW YOU GO OUT AND WIN GAMES!!!!!!! OU's coaches ARE doing a half *** job! No inovation or creativity at all. What happened to the games/coaching where we surprised the hell out of teams and they looked at us and said "that's Oklahoma Football?"

Dude, did you actually watch the game or were you getting a brew on the fake field goal where Nimmo perfectly hit Hanna in stride and the big fella has the biggest case of butter fingers this season???

We had great chances to win but lacked focus and a sense of urgency.

Bummer

OUthunder
11/7/2010, 08:48 AM

That was a great call on 4th down. It would have been great even if it had failed. Saban was completely caught sitting on the ****ter with his pants around his ankles on that call.

Wilson on the other hand, calls a half back dive, fullback dive, and a sweep. BTW, where was Finch last night?

SoonerinSouthlake
11/7/2010, 09:29 AM
Bob Stoops...The Wade Phillips of college football...lots of talent and no idea what to do with it.

Bob Stoops...The Brad Childress of college football...lots of talent and no idea what to do with it.

Pappy.....the biggest idiot on this board

Sorry kid....B12 championships count on the results page. And while we all want to win them....appearances in BCS and Natl title games are hard to come by

I like Gary and Chris Patterson too....but FACE it, they play in the B league year in and year out. (for the record THIS YEAR I will put TCU at the top of my list...but they wouldnt have touched any of the teams that played in Natl title games)

TUSooner
11/7/2010, 09:56 AM

Yeah, but you said "IF". ;)

OUthunder
11/7/2010, 10:37 AM

Sorry kid....B12 championships count on the results page. And while we all want to win them....appearances in BCS and Natl title games are hard to come by

I like Gary and Chris Patterson too....but FACE it, they play in the B league year in and year out. (for the record THIS YEAR I will put TCU at the top of my list...but they wouldnt have touched any of the teams that played in Natl title games)

I call BS. You'll never know unless the teams have played. Dumb statement. And I wouldn't exactly call the Big XII an A league these days.

SoonerinSouthlake
11/7/2010, 01:21 PM
I call BS. You'll never know unless the teams have played. Dumb statement. And I wouldn't exactly call the Big XII an A league these days.

Fair enough...You cant make me agree that the leagues they play in are as good year in and year out.....But understand, thats not really the reason I made the statement

My point really wasnt to trash them. They are fine coaches. My real point shouldve been...that if these guys are in the Big 12 for 10 years, many of those years in which the B12 has several top 20 teams, the BEST that they would likely be able to do is the as good as Stoops. They arent going to go undefeated every single year.

Im in no way saying we shouldnt ever question Bobs job.
just think its asinine to suggest that its time to look elsewhere when we have a man who has had us competing at the top echelon for a decade.

Piware
11/7/2010, 03:25 PM

Hmmm, might want to ask Hawkins and Colorado how that jump to the big boy league is working out for him.

rm50
11/7/2010, 07:51 PM
The problem with Bob is that he has become more conservative each year. He is not the same coach that was hired at OU. As he becomes more conservative, his assistants become more conservative

If you look at his away record over the past 6 years the only constant is his coaching. The players change every year but the results are the same.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2010, 08:03 PM
The problem with Bob is that he has become more conservative each year. He is not the same coach that was hired at OU. As he becomes more conservative, his assistants become more conservative

If you look at his away record over the past 6 years the only constant is his coaching. The players change every year but the results are the same.

Define: Conservative.

Our 2008 squad set an NCAA scoring record. Was that a conservative offense?

rm50
11/7/2010, 09:41 PM
Define: Conservative.

Our 2008 squad set an NCAA scoring record. Was that a conservative offense?

Some coaches play to win and some coaches play not to lose. In my opinion Bob is becoming more conservative and the game plan and play calling on offense and defense reflect that.

I think in the 2008 season we lost two big games to Texas and to Florida in the BCS game. Our conservative game against Florida kept us from getting blown away but we still lost.

I hope no one on this forum would defend our bowl performance over the last 6 or 7 years. Most of them was an unprepared team who was embarrassed on the field.