PDA

View Full Version : So Who Wins the South

PLaw
11/6/2010, 10:01 PM
:pop:

BoomerSooner, esq.
11/6/2010, 10:03 PM
That is the question now. Although somewhat of a long shot, I still think that we can win it. I havent looked at the schedules enough to be sure, but Ok St has to go to texas to play still. IF they lose that game and we beat them, and we beat Baylor, that gives us a shot. I think (with the disclaimer that I havent checked all the schedules yet).

soonercastor
11/6/2010, 10:06 PM
If OSU beats *, they win the South.....as simple as that. We'll drop one more game on the road, realistically.

Okie35
11/6/2010, 10:08 PM
Depends on the winner between OSU and *.

PLaw
11/6/2010, 10:13 PM
I'm thinking Boone is about to see a return on his investment.

Whet
11/6/2010, 10:14 PM
If we can win out, we win the south

JayhawkScott
11/6/2010, 10:15 PM
The correct answer is: Not Texas :D

oksoonerdave
11/6/2010, 10:34 PM

Yep Yep Yep

MeMyself&Me
11/6/2010, 10:35 PM

This is the correct answer. OSU already has one loss and if OU wins out OSU will have another loss and OU will own the tie breaker over OSU.

However, if OU plays like this again, they'll drop another and OSU could actually have the south locked up even before OU rolls into Stoolwater. :eek:

oumom2many
11/6/2010, 10:40 PM
This is the correct answer. OSU already has one loss and if OU wins out OSU will have another loss and OU will own the tie breaker over OSU.

However, if OU plays like this again, they'll drop another and OSU could actually have the south locked up even before OU rolls into Stoolwater. :eek:

Yes, and we would have moved up in BCS to #5 or 6, had we beat A&M by 1 point. We need to win or else we are done. :mad:

cccasooner2
11/6/2010, 10:47 PM
Looks like a NU-OSU rematch for the B12 CCG. :(

BoomerSooner, esq.
11/6/2010, 10:53 PM
What if A&M wins out?

sooner59
11/7/2010, 12:30 AM
If OU, OSU, and A&M all finish is 2 losses in the Big 12, then its a 3-way tie and up to the BCS again, right? And if we beat OSU in Stillwater, we would likely end up as the top team.

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 12:33 AM
I don't see A&M beating Nebraska next week so that should eliminate them from contention. When yall beat Baylor that will eliminate them leaving us two standing to battle it out on the 27th

Curly Bill
11/7/2010, 12:34 AM
Looks to me like OSU will win the south.

CowboyMRW
11/7/2010, 12:34 AM
If OU, OSU, and A&M all finish is 2 losses in the Big 12, then its a 3-way tie and up to the BCS again, right? And if we beat OSU in Stillwater, we would likely end up as the top team.

If the above scenario were to happen, would A&M jump both of us as that means that they haven't lost since Mizzou.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 12:35 AM
I'm gonna have to run it by SicEm. I forget who he told me would rule again

http://www.swva-biz.net/jescv1691/images/SCV_Sesqui.jpg

sooner59
11/7/2010, 10:59 AM
If the above scenario were to happen, would A&M jump both of us as that means that they haven't lost since Mizzou.

Yeah, but they lost to YOU. And we lost to them. And if we beat you....all three teams have one loss in the South, and one other Big 12 loss in the North. That sets up a 3-way tie. And no they wouldn't jump both of us, as they already lost to Arkansas giving them 3 losses to our 2. Which means they would likely be 3rd in the situation, and the winner b/w OU and OSU would be the higher ranked BCS team. And if you were beaten by us in the last game on your home field, it would almost definitely be OU. However, if you won, it would be you straight up.

oumartin
11/7/2010, 11:20 AM
No way in hell the Venables led defense is gonna stop OSU this year. Dream on.

Yesterday they had a great opportunity to solidify their place as a top 5 BCS team and what did they do. They choked it off. A&M isn't near as good on offense as OSU. We can only hope for the yearly choke job that OSU does.

I for one think Texas beats OSU and it comes down to OU/OSU game and I don't like the looks of it

rainiersooner
11/7/2010, 11:26 AM
I for one think Texas beats OSU and it comes down to OU/OSU game and I don't like the looks of it

Oh God it would be hilarious to beat them, AGAIN.