PDA

View Full Version : Dear apologists,

misplaced_sooner
11/6/2010, 08:14 PM
I love to see ya'll defend the coaching staff on this performance thus far. Can't adjust on the o-line, can't run block, can't block 3 effin defends with 6 players, getting gashed up the middle, can't get the ball in the endzone with power running, special teams sucks.

Defend away.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 08:17 PM
Game ain't over dumbass

CBUS_SOONER
11/6/2010, 08:17 PM
I agree 100%. Loook foward to it. Venables does suck and things haven't been the same since Mike left. Oh Wilson sucks also. etc...................

wishbonesooner
11/6/2010, 08:19 PM
There's no defending the first half performance of this team. 30 more minutes to get it right.

StoopTroup
Bandwagoners have posted here before. You two aren't the first so congrats on making yourselves official.

MyT Oklahoma
Touchdown Oklahoma.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 08:21 PM
Touchdown Oklahoma.

Ain't that something. Somehow Wilson got one in the end zone. How'd the hell he do that?

misplaced_sooner
11/6/2010, 08:22 PM
Ain't that something. Somehow Wilson got one in the end zone. How'd the hell he do that?

He must have went and got the playbook he forgot on the bus.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 08:25 PM
He must have went and got the playbook he forgot on the bus.

I think Venables just put some pads on too and is playing defense.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/6/2010, 08:26 PM
stop

misplaced_sooner
11/6/2010, 08:27 PM
stop

Yep, finally got one when needed.

CBUS_SOONER
11/6/2010, 08:27 PM
Bandwagoners have posted here before. You two aren't the first so congrats on making yourselves official.

obviously you don't know what a bandwagon is...

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 08:29 PM
obviously you don't know what a bandwagon is...

YOUR ONE. We're down 9 now and tamu is going flat now

MyT Oklahoma
11/6/2010, 08:46 PM
We can have a hard core lineup after the game. Let's play the game first.

SouthFortySooner
11/6/2010, 08:52 PM
We can have a hard core lineup after the game. Let's play the game first.

Why? So all the knowitalls can have 20/20 vision. pfft.

MyT Oklahoma
11/6/2010, 09:11 PM
No because I prefer playing all 60 minutes of football and then seeing what happens.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 09:13 PM
MURRAY!

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 09:14 PM
1st DOWN SOONERS!

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 09:14 PM
Stills saved the day there

bigfatjerk
11/6/2010, 09:19 PM
This is about what you would expect from a Bob Stoops coached team. I'm changing my standards from now on. We aren't ever going to win championships all the time so if we want to keep this staff I'm fine with losing a few road games as long as we kill teams in Norman. Could be much worse. We all thought Gibbs was bad about 15 years ago but he was really good compared to what we had after him. If you want different standards you want different coaches.

misplaced_sooner
11/6/2010, 09:20 PM
Did they just say 19-14 on the road since 06? How can anybody defend that record?

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 09:30 PM
Wide open WR, and Landry overthrows. An easy catch for a TD, and Hanna drops it. We dropped at least two easy INTs. Do you think that Venables dialed up the pass defense for ATMs TD pass?

That's just the way it goes. It's the same coaching staff that coaches the team when it plays in Norman.

Frankly, I think the problem is that the team plays apprehensively when on the road, as if danger lurks in every play. At home, they're a lot looser. And I really don't think it's much more than that.

Landry is affected by it, but so are a lot of other players. They're young. They'll learn to overcome it.

What can the coaching staff do to instill confidence in them? Probably not much. I think the only remedy is success.

One more thing: I think ATM had something to do with it too. That isn't a bad team and they play exceptionally well at home. It's tough to beat a team on their own field when they gain momentum.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled lynch mob.

kc sooner
11/6/2010, 09:39 PM
Please A&M isn't very good. Also, 19-14 on the road since '06. Are we always young? Seemed to me (and I'm an idiot, that the D was shutting them down - blitzing, fake blitzing, and stopping them. Then we go back to plain 4 man rush, zone and we give up 2 TD's in a row. But I know if you anyone disagrees with any coaching decisions your a bandwagoner or noobie or something.

soonerhubs
11/6/2010, 09:46 PM
You whining bitches have no clue how well this team is doing for being so young. Enjoy the game and quit going full blown Pederson each time there's a bad series.

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 09:47 PM
Please A&M isn't very good. Also, 19-14 on the road since '06. Are we always young? Seemed to me (and I'm an idiot, that the D was shutting them down - blitzing, fake blitzing, and stopping them. Then we go back to plain 4 man rush, zone and we give up 2 TD's in a row. But I know if you anyone disagrees with any coaching decisions your a bandwagoner or noobie or something.

What's our home record? Is it better to lose more at home and win more on the road? Are road losses somehow worse than home losses?

What is our OVERALL record over that time?

agoo758
11/6/2010, 09:52 PM
What's our home record? Is it better to lose more at home and win more on the road? Are road losses somehow worse than home losses?

Honestly? I would prefer consistancy.

I would prefer that had this same record at home as we did away. That means we are ready to play at anytime or anyplace. While I am very happy about OUr home record, I am concerned about this mental block that has plagued us away from home, especially because when it's post-season time, we are on the road.

Funky G
11/6/2010, 09:56 PM
19-15 on the road since 2006. Barely above .500. Must have played Baylor a few times..

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 10:02 PM
Honestly? I would prefer consistancy.

I would prefer that had this same record at home as we did away. That means we are ready to play at anytime or anyplace.

That just means we are equally likely to lose at home or on the road as well.

I love this logic you are employing here.

Texas has had much more balance between losing at home and on the road. Is that what you want?

Gilligan
11/6/2010, 10:11 PM
I agree 100%. Loook foward to it. Venables does suck and things haven't been the same since Mike left. Oh Wilson sucks also. etc...................

Kevin Wilson needs to go bless some other team with his inability to actually call good plays. I WANT LEACH BACK.:

kc sooner
11/6/2010, 10:12 PM

Yes I know the OVERALL record is good over that time, and I like winning the Big 12 and going to BCS games, I'm not saying that's all bad. Just would like to win National Championships and when you're team is not ready to play and plays this crappy on the road all the time, it will be very hard to win a National Championship, that's the point - and so next week when we probably beat Tech by 21 points or whatever, it doesn't mean much to me.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 10:16 PM
Anyone that isn't gonna use their tickets to Tech....the Swap Board is available and you can find folks who might want to take their kids to a game. Donating them is a cool thing to do. Just because your dreams of a MNC are gone doesn't mean a young child can't start building their Dream.

ruf/nekdad
11/6/2010, 10:18 PM
Could be worse....we could be texas.

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 10:19 PM
Anyone that isn't gonna use their tickets to Tech....the Swap Board is available and you can find folks who might want to take their kids to a game. Donating them is a cool thing to do. Just because your dreams of a MNC are gone doesn't mean a young child can't start building their Dream.

Which one's the young child? :D

Funky G
11/6/2010, 10:19 PM
I just remembered, I did buy tickets, and did donate to the Sooner Club, and do have a degree from OU, and live in America. I think that gives me the right to an opinion based on critical and cognitive thinking, and free speech. OU is a great program. OU has also experienced a pattern of mediocre play on the road for a while.

TUSooner
11/6/2010, 10:22 PM
Wide open WR, and Landry overthrows. An easy catch for a TD, and Hanna drops it. We dropped at least two easy INTs. Do you think that Venables dialed up the pass defense for ATMs TD pass?

That's just the way it goes. It's the same coaching staff that coaches the team when it plays in Norman.

Frankly, I think the problem is that the team plays apprehensively when on the road, as if danger lurks in every play. At home, they're a lot looser. And I really don't think it's much more than that.

Landry is affected by it, but so are a lot of other players. They're young. They'll learn to overcome it.

What can the coaching staff do to instill confidence in them? Probably not much. I think the only remedy is success.

One more thing: I think ATM had something to do with it too. That isn't a bad team and they play exceptionally well at home. It's tough to beat a team on their own field when they gain momentum.

He's a witch! BURN HIM!!

agoo758
11/6/2010, 10:26 PM

Texas has had much more balance between losing at home and on the road. Is that what you want?

I would love our preparation and confidence level on the road to equal the confidence level at home. If we were in OUr place, played our butt off, limited mistakes, and lost, I would be dissapointed, but I would be ok with that. However, if we are on the road, and blow redzone opportunites, miss a chipshot field goal, snap the ball into the endzone, and drop several long TD passes, then it is a much bigger problem.

I understand that teams tend to do better at home than on the road, but why must we consistantly hurt ourselves and give away games?

MI Sooner
11/6/2010, 10:26 PM
I just remembered, I did buy tickets, and did donate to the Sooner Club, and do have a degree from OU, and live in America. I think that gives me the right to an opinion based on critical and cognitive thinking, and free speech. OU is a great program. OU has also experienced a pattern of mediocre play on the road for a while.

It's hard not to let that ****** nozzle StoopTroup get under your skin, isn't it?

Jdog
11/6/2010, 10:28 PM

The other teams' fans scare us.

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 10:29 PM

No one is suggesting that you don't have the freedom to fret over a loss. Hell, a lot of people are doing it tonight.

But I've probably been a fan longer than you, and I probably attended OU longer than you. But I still overlook the bad nights and remember the good nights.

OUthunder
11/6/2010, 10:33 PM

You're right, a&m isn't a bad team, they're an awful ****ing team that we should of hung half a hundred on.

Dude, do you even know what the **** football is because you're pretty ****ing stupid, no offense of course. :texan:

misplacedsooner
11/6/2010, 10:38 PM
personally i want to be undefeated at home and on the road. i live in stillwater and i still got my sooner stuff on..like everyday...my sooner flag will still fly and i say we win the rest of our games this year, go to a decent bowl and kick azz then look to next year for a national championship.

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 10:39 PM
You're right, a&m isn't a bad team, they're an awful ****ing team that we should of hung half a hundred on.

Dude, do you even know what the **** football is because you're pretty ****ing stupid, no offense of course. :texan:

Quit crying, you sniveling, whining crybaby.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 10:40 PM
It's hard not to let that ****** nozzle StoopTroup get under your skin, isn't it?

It hasn't been easy watching our team lose games since the FSU win in 2000. It was hard watching Jason White go through two knee surgeries but it was cool to see him win a Heisman. It was awful watching AD and Sam and many other great players get hurt and go through rehabs for everything Sooner...but I cheered them on. Sam even won a heisman too. You can take things badly...you can takes thing positively. If someone gets under your skin because they are a die hard Sooner Fan...I can think of worse things that might crawl up your ***.

I'll say it again....Seeing a guy like Sam Bradford (A Local Guy) work his *** off to become a hero to kids all over this State and many others....well...it wasn't a MNC....but it damn sure was fun to watch and it sucked when he lost. I'm still there driving halfway across the State every year believing in OUr Team. I'll be there for Tech and I'll be at whatever Bowl we maybe headed towards. If some of you want to give up. it's your choice. If you want to be mad...be mad. Just don't expect any pity from me. We're Sooners and we are the guys everyone wants to beat. We got beat...it sucks and there is a bunch of guys that play for us that have some more football to play. I'm behind them 100%. That's not Sunshine Pumping...that's just being a fan.

okiedokie
11/6/2010, 10:45 PM

We play the season for the reward at the end...unfortunately it will also be a road game...

okiedokie
11/6/2010, 10:49 PM
It hasn't been easy watching our team lose games since the FSU win in 2000. It was hard watching Jason White go through two knee surgeries but it was cool to see him win a Heisman. It was awful watching AD and Sam and many other great players get hurt and go through rehabs for everything Sooner...but I cheered them on. Sam even won a heisman too. You can take things badly...you can takes thing positively. If someone gets under your skin because they are a die hard Sooner Fan...I can think of worse things that might crawl up your ***.

I'll say it again....Seeing a guy like Sam Bradford (A Local Guy) work his *** off to become a hero to kids all over this State and many others....well...it wasn't a MNC....but it damn sure was fun to watch and it sucked when he lost. I'm still there driving halfway across the State every year believing in OUr Team. I'll be there for Tech and I'll be at whatever Bowl we maybe headed towards. If some of you want to give up. it's your choice. If you want to be mad...be mad. Just don't expect any pity from me. We're Sooners and we are the guys everyone wants to beat. We got beat...it sucks and there is a bunch of guys that play for us that have some more football to play. I'm behind them 100%. That's not Sunshine Pumping...that's just being a fan.

Stoop, I agree with the above but sometimes you have to criticize and call it like you see it, otherwise we are all a bunch of yes men.

I survived the 90's so I am sure i will survive this.. :)

Funky G
11/6/2010, 10:54 PM
If you don't do something as well as you want, when you want to do it well, you try to fix it. Common sense. Our road pattern seems to me that it can be fixed. But, its taking longer than I would like.....19-15 since 2006. Some of those games are against tough teams, and of course you're not going to win them all. But, many of the losses seem to come from poor performance, mistakes, and beating ourselves. With that said, the team can still achieve a Big 12 South Championship, Big 12 Championship, and BCS bowl.

oulucas
11/6/2010, 10:56 PM
Listen, I am no doomsayer and will usually stick u for the coaching staff. However, as of tonight I am DONE. These guys need a kick in the *** or something. They are truly terrible.

delhalew
11/6/2010, 10:56 PM
Hi everybody! **** Wilson! And I'm out!

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 11:03 PM
Stoop, I agree with the above but sometimes you have to criticize and call it like you see it, otherwise we are all a bunch of yes men.

I survived the 90's so I am sure i will survive this.. :)

I do criticize. I just don't do it in the middle of a game and I don't do it much on the board. I don't give satisfaction to the opposition. We allow folks from other boards on SFs and make it pretty inviting compared to boards any of us might visit. That being said...I just don't diss our players much. I also don't do it to the face of parent's who send their kids to School at OU. Some of them have many a friend who enjoy these boards and it's ashame that they would ever endure some BS from someone who is supposed to be a fan. I don't hold you to those rules...it's just the way I try to do it. If you don't like it...I don't really care.

Coaches get paid and they are the ones you can blame it on. Still....you can see these kids screw up and see the faces of these Coaches that know those kids can do better. It's a tough game. I'd rather spent my energy bagging on a lomgwhorn player or whoever we play this week. Just can't do it to guys that play for us.

misplaced_sooner
11/6/2010, 11:19 PM
Stooptroup,

In the end we all want the same thing. A good team that plays smart, tough football. But, we keep seeing undisciplined mistakes.

I agree that ultimately Stoops, Wilson and Venerables are to blame. I don't blame Landry or the other players, they are kids. I just don't feel like the coaching staff is putting the kids into the best possible positions to excell.

Yes it is frustrating and I'm tired of the excuses.

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 11:24 PM
We play the season for the reward at the end...unfortunately it will also be a road game...

There is a team south of us that does better than we do on the road. They're probably not going to lose one of those end-of-the-year road games this year either. Would you rather be them?

Leroy Lizard
11/6/2010, 11:25 PM
Listen, I am no doomsayer and will usually stick u for the coaching staff. However, as of tonight I am DONE. These guys need a kick in the *** or something. They are truly terrible.

You're not done. You're just going to sulk until OU starts winning again.

okiedokie
11/7/2010, 02:08 PM
There is a team south of us that does better than we do on the road. They're probably not going to lose one of those end-of-the-year road games this year either. Would you rather be them?

I only know about being a Sooner so it's impossible to think outside that box;)

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 02:11 PM
You're not done. You're just going to sulk until OU starts winning again.

You're figuring out how this works. Impressive.

badger
11/7/2010, 02:11 PM
OK, hardcore apologist here. :P

We're still in the race for the Big 12 South. We're still going bowling and we're still ranked. Even though we've had a few disappointments in wins and losses thus far this season, our record is not terrible and we do not 100 percent suck (like Texas)

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2010, 02:14 PM
I would like to apologize for the previous apology.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 02:17 PM
I'm of Irish decent and would like to apologize for Paddy. Thing is....they keep putting him in....it's not his fault!

bigfatjerk
11/7/2010, 02:37 PM
This was before the loss this week.

http://normantranscript.com/ousports/x176177658/Stoops-Sooners-and-the-woes-of-the-road

Going back to 2006, judged against other schools that play for championships the way OU plays for championship — Alabama, Florida, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Texas and USC — none has been as good at home as the Sooners, while all have been better on the road.

Further, OU has outscored opponents by a 30.6 point average at home over the same time frame, and by an average of 7.9 away from home. That is, over time, the Sooners have been 22.7 points better at home than away.

Of the seven other national powers, Florida has been 18.2 points better at home than away. Nobody else has been more than 15 points better at home than away.

jumperstop
11/7/2010, 02:51 PM
This was before the loss this week.

http://normantranscript.com/ousports/x176177658/Stoops-Sooners-and-the-woes-of-the-road

Going back to 2006, judged against other schools that play for championships the way OU plays for championship — Alabama, Florida, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Texas and USC — none has been as good at home as the Sooners, while all have been better on the road.

Further, OU has outscored opponents by a 30.6 point average at home over the same time frame, and by an average of 7.9 away from home. That is, over time, the Sooners have been 22.7 points better at home than away.

Of the seven other national powers, Florida has been 18.2 points better at home than away. Nobody else has been more than 15 points better at home than away.
Florida lost three at home this year, texas lost three at this year. Not saying our coaching doesn't gets conservative on the road, but I would rather be undefeated at home than not. Sometimes players don't make plays as well. Tackling on that last aTm drive was terrible, our offensive line was getting no push last night.

soonerhubs
11/7/2010, 03:06 PM
Pederson for AD!!!!!!