PDA

View Full Version : For anyone thinking of getting a new HDTV this year.

85Sooner
11/6/2010, 02:11 PM
For the Sooner brethren I try to find a couple of good deals for you. This year a lot of the top TV's are being sold as bundles with 3-d glasses blueray players etc,.....

I have been able to get you a deal on two TV's that have 3-d capability without all of the extra stuff for pretty good prices.

a Sony KDL46HX800 1080p 240hz for 1397.00
and a Sony KDL55HX800 1080p 240hz for 1947.00

These are both 3-D compatible but do not come with the glasses. Those can be purchased separately whenever you choose to get 3-D broadcasts.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Remember there is shipping but you save the sales tax. So that usually favors you. Cheers everyone and Boomer!

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 02:16 PM
I love the way the new stuff looks and the amount of picture I lose because I'm still using my old TVs is starting to force me to make the move sooner than I thought I would.

I guess it's cool that I might have waited long enough to skip enough generations to get past blu-ray to 3D now.

I'm gonna do this pretty soon.

Cool of you to offer. I'm a Sony guy. Is that a Bravia?

BOOMER ! ! !

SoonerJack
11/6/2010, 02:19 PM
I bought a TV from 85 last year and it was a very positive experience. He is a straight-up dude.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 02:35 PM
I've heard he gives ya the whole package. :D ;)

85Sooner
11/6/2010, 04:17 PM
Yes Stooptroup It is the Bravia 3 with the 240hz Motionflow Pro.

Thank you SJ. Glad everything went well.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 04:22 PM
Sweet. I've been looking at them for awhile. The Bravias might not be the best of the best but they are good enough for me. I used to sell TVs and Stereos back in the day. Its too bad our Country has gotten away from service oriented sales. Finding someone who can steer you away from crap is very hard to find anymore. Of course the internet also allows you to research a bit better too....but still folks who are passionate about High Def Prawn and Sports are nice to know when you're gonna lay down serious jack.

85Sooner
11/6/2010, 04:45 PM
The only thing better is the Panasonic VT series Plasma. They have replaced the Pioneer Plasma. Have those too if anyone is interested.

BudSooner
11/6/2010, 06:23 PM
The only thing better is the Panasonic VT series Plasma. They have replaced the Pioneer Plasma. Have those too if anyone is interested.

I've got a Panasonic on delivery this Friday, nice tv.

Veritas
11/6/2010, 07:44 PM
I bought a TV from 85 last year and it was a very positive experience. He is a straight-up dude.
Ditto. Watching football on it right now. 85 runs a good biz.

XingTheRubicon
11/7/2010, 11:15 AM
Ditto. Watching football on it right now. 85 runs a good biz.

double ditto. Got a 50 inch lcd sony last year from 85 and it is perfect.

However, I have to personally place all of the blame for FSN's sh*tty coverage and the result of last nights game squarely on 85sooner's shoulders.

Pricetag
11/7/2010, 12:15 PM
Anyone having image persistance problems with an LCD TV? My mom watches our babies at our house during the day, so the set is on 16 hours per day pretty much every day.

Recently, I'm noticing shadows and stuff from previous images. They wear off after a little while, but it's pretty annoying. I didn't know if the amount of miles it's had put on it is part of the problem, or what.

Does anyone know a fix? I read a little bit, and saw some stuff that said if you can find a pure white image and leave it on for awhile, the crystals will relax back into their normal state. I also read that leaving the set off for an extended time will do the same thing. That isn't an option for me, though.

StoopTroup
11/7/2010, 12:16 PM
I'm thinking some folks might need to replace a TV this week.

85Sooner
11/7/2010, 01:12 PM
Anyone having image persistance problems with an LCD TV? My mom watches our babies at our house during the day, so the set is on 16 hours per day pretty much every day.

Recently, I'm noticing shadows and stuff from previous images. They wear off after a little while, but it's pretty annoying. I didn't know if the amount of miles it's had put on it is part of the problem, or what.

Does anyone know a fix? I read a little bit, and saw some stuff that said if you can find a pure white image and leave it on for awhile, the crystals will relax back into their normal state. I also read that leaving the set off for an extended time will do the same thing. That isn't an option for me, though.

What brand is it?

Pricetag
11/7/2010, 04:35 PM
Toshiba Regza.

soonerinabilene
11/7/2010, 04:54 PM
question about the glasses that are $200. why cant i just take the ones from a movie theater for free?

LosAngelesSooner
11/7/2010, 05:20 PM
So what is the biggest, highest definition, best flat panel tv to watch fast action sports and movies on?

I'm talking the TV-Zilla of all of 'em. LED LCD? Plasma?

85Sooner
11/7/2010, 09:54 PM
Toshiba Regza.

ouch. Well the toshiba was cheap right? Most Regza models are not servicable, much like most of the low priced models you are seeing on the market today. They were designed to last 1-2 years and die and be replaced. You might call your local Toshiba repair shop to see if yours is in that category. My bet is its not. Sorry, wish I could be of more help.

85Sooner
11/7/2010, 09:58 PM
question about the glasses that are $200. why cant i just take the ones from a movie theater for free?

Because the 3-d from the new sets are electronically signaled by your TV. They are "active". The glasses you get at the movies are passive, thus the 3-d effect is not that impressive. Nevertheless, the glasses at this time are around 150 pr pair but will get cheaper as the technology develops. DO NOT buy a TV for its 3-d feature. Buy it because it is the best on 2-d. Look at the 3-d as just an added feature that you WILL use in the future. Like you can't buy a mercedes without the leather seats.

85Sooner
11/7/2010, 10:00 PM
So what is the biggest, highest definition, best flat panel tv to watch fast action sports and movies on?

I'm talking the TV-Zilla of all of 'em. LED LCD? Plasma?

The BEST? Pretty a done deal. No one can argue with the TCP65VT25 by Panasonic. It is by far the best TV ever made for the public consumption. Extremely hard to find and hard to get 4299.00. Check the reviews to confirm the industries unanimous opinions. I know the reason why if you want to know.

Pricetag
11/8/2010, 12:39 AM
ouch. Well the toshiba was cheap right? Most Regza models are not servicable, much like most of the low priced models you are seeing on the market today. They were designed to last 1-2 years and die and be replaced. You might call your local Toshiba repair shop to see if yours is in that category. My bet is its not. Sorry, wish I could be of more help.
Yep, it was very reasonably priced. Like I said, at this point, it's a pretty minor annoyance, but one just the same. I just hope it can make it until the kiddos are in school and it won't be on so much, and then we can make a real investment in a TV. Thanks for the input.

yermom
11/8/2010, 01:06 AM
i've had my Sony LCD for almost 2 years now with no problems.

i'd recommend not going HD if you haven't already.

i'm spoiled now and i watch too much tv :O