PDA

View Full Version : 10 years ago in College Station....

KC//CRIMSON
11/6/2010, 06:31 AM
-4rj0o0LXYw

okienole3
11/6/2010, 07:53 AM
An incredible game. T-Marsh goes down in OU lore.

ouwapiti
11/6/2010, 08:24 AM
thanks kc.....really enjoyed that......

jkjsooner
11/6/2010, 08:32 AM
Great, great game. Had I known how the year would turn out if we win this game, I would have been much more nervous when we were down by 14 and 10.

I figured OU was going to lose at some point and I was simply thrilled at the great run they had up to this point and happy that Stoops turned things around so fast. Afterall, we had no chance against FSU anyway... ;-)

On another note, I miss that shovel pass. It was a great weapon and had a tendency to slow the defense down. I hope we reinstate it with Finch next year.

btb916
11/6/2010, 08:40 AM
Oh the TM interception. What a great moment in Sooner history. A lot of them that year, actually.

KC//CRIMSON
11/6/2010, 08:51 AM
Oh the TM interception. What a great moment in Sooner history.

The pick six of the decade. Game saver, season saver, and MNC saver all in one.

TUSooner
11/6/2010, 08:59 AM
2 things I remember from that game: Toombs, and, of course, the BIG INT TD. :D

OUthunder
11/6/2010, 09:07 AM
Still get goosebumps when I see Marshall take that INT to the house. There was some Sooner Magic going on that day.

ThinMan
11/6/2010, 09:09 AM
Let's hope we take a little better care of the ball than we did in that game.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/6/2010, 09:10 AM
was sittin in the stands for that one...I don't think a aTm game has had that atmosphere since

KC//CRIMSON
11/6/2010, 09:12 AM
was sittin in the stands for that one...I don't think a aTm game has had that atmosphere since

The loudest 23rd ranked team home crowd you'll ever hear. ;-)

OUthunder
11/6/2010, 09:13 AM
If we get down 14 points with this team, ball game.

ThinMan
11/6/2010, 09:16 AM

Every party needs a pooper,
That's why we invited you.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/6/2010, 09:21 AM
No Bob Stoops quarterback could feel the rush like Heupel did...Didn't have the physical tools of most, but the best pocket presence of any

His block on the reverse at around the 5:30 mark of that video...just a gamer

And everytime he stepped on the field, home or away, i never felt like we probably are going to lose this game..Even when he didn't play well statistically, he always made the little plays necessary

OUthunder
11/6/2010, 09:26 AM
No Bob Stoops quarterback could feel the rush like Heupel did...Didn't have the physical tools of most, but the best pocket presence of any

And everytime he stepped on the field, home or away, i never felt like we probably are going to lose this game..Even when he didn't play well statistically, he always made the little plays necessary

That team had the "it" factor. We we were never out of a game with that group. Plus, I still feel that our defense that year, was the best under Stoops. Even on most of a&m's completions, the coverage was awesome.

trwxxa
11/6/2010, 09:48 AM
Will always be one of the greatest sporting events I have attended.

As TU mentioned, the toombs run and the Marshall interception will always be remembered. If you are at the game tonight, you will see a replay of the Toombs run during the pregame "tradition" video.

picasso
11/6/2010, 10:33 AM

Why even try to compare this team to the 2000 squad? No comparison.

Antwone Savage gets major props for the back leg sideline catch on 3rd and long late.

This game is a shining example why folks have no idea nor do they appreciate how difficult it is to go undefeated.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 10:35 AM
I've still got a stack of College Station newspapers from Sunday after that game. The sports page was a thing of beauty. Also have a few Game Programs. I was on a roll.....lol

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 10:39 AM
Will always be one of the greatest sporting events I have attended.

As TU mentioned, the toombs run and the Marshall interception will always be remembered. If you are at the game tonight, you will see a replay of the Toombs run during the pregame "tradition" video.

Best Road Game ever. The only thing that topped it was Hearing "OOOOOOOOO KLA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Chanted to the rhythm of the Seminole war chant in Miami that year.

OUthunder
11/6/2010, 10:45 AM

Antwone Savage gets major props for the back leg sideline catch on 3rd and long late.

This game is a shining example why folks have no idea nor do they appreciate how difficult it is to go undefeated.

I didn't realize that I was comparing them. Take the post however you want to, I really could care a less.

KC//CRIMSON
11/6/2010, 10:51 AM

That team had a lot of heart with no injuries to speak of and really solid special team play. A little luck a long the way too. Glad they didn't call Calmus for an illegal block in the back on that pick six. ;-)

OUthunder
11/6/2010, 10:53 AM
That team had a lot of heart with no injuries to speak of and really solid special team play. A little luck a long the way too. Glad they didn't call Calmus for an illegal block in the back on that pick six. ;-)

I think I saw two or three. Thanks to the refs for "letting them play." A great college game regardless of who you rooted for on that day. Luckily, OU came out the victor, and went on to bigger and better things.

sooner518
11/6/2010, 11:19 AM
we gave up 31 point?!?!?! Fire Venables!!!!!

picasso
11/6/2010, 12:20 PM
I think I saw two or three. Thanks to the refs for "letting them play." A great college game regardless of who you rooted for on that day. Luckily, OU came out the victor, and went on to bigger and better things.

Everage pushed the intended receiver in the back (while he was on the ground). No penalty.
Rocky's block is bang bang. We argued over and over with some aTm friends on that one. You could argue the kid turned his back to him.
Oh well as KC said, it takes a great team and some luck to go undefeated.:)

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 12:28 PM
folks have no idea nor do they appreciate how difficult it is to go undefeated.

You're not alone in this. It's been 10 years since that game. Imagine some 12 year old in 2000 goes with his Dad to games and now he's past HS and in College and has never seen the days of the 70's, 80's and 90's like many of us have. SPOILED is the word even though it pisses them off. When I was a kid it pissed me off to have someone tell me **** like that. Thing is...it was true as what we are trying to convey Pic.

History repeats itself and someday Bob will retire or move on and folks will have to deal with a season worse than even an 8-5 possibly.

I'm happier than hell to be 7-1 and ready to watch OUr boys kick some aggie *** tonight.

BOOMER ! ! !

ThinMan
11/6/2010, 01:31 PM

He was great, but not in this particular game. He threw two picks and I remember there being several others that we were lucky weren't picked.

If Landry had a game like that, we would likely excoriate his flesh in print. It's the difference in being BB (before Bradford) and AB (after Bradford).

Penguin
11/6/2010, 02:15 PM
Don't forget that when the INT & TD occurred, there was still a ton of time left in the game! The game wasn't over. The D really had to hang on to secure the W!

Salt City Sooner
11/6/2010, 02:43 PM
Don't forget that when the INT & TD occurred, there was still a ton of time left in the game! The game wasn't over. The D really had to hang on to secure the W!
This, plus our offense was white hot at that point in the game (scored the last 3 times they had the ball before that, IIRC). That's why, to me at least, Strait's PBU in Stilly >>>>>> TMarsh's pick 6. It occurred considerably later in the game, & aside from the very first time they touched the ball, our offense basically didn't bother getting off the bus.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/6/2010, 04:39 PM
Does Finch = Q ???