PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have AT&T DSL without a land line?

SunnySooner
11/5/2010, 10:46 AM
Do you like it? We have AT&T Uverse right now, and it's as fast or faster than our old Comcast, but it's pricey. They are offering 12 months of their fastest DSL for $20/month, which is less than half what we pay now. Always looking for ways to save some $$, I'm curious if anyone has experience, is it painfully slower than cable, etc. We don't have a landline, but I guess that doesn't matter, or does it? Mr. SS will be using the innerwebs a lot from home, so we need a fast connection, but as long as it's not dial-up, then a little bit of a slow down wouldn't matter, and it would save me almost $400 over the year. That's a good little chunk of cash to pocket. I hate paying for crap like cable/internet/etc. The least amount of money I can spend, the better.

TIA!!!

StoopTroup
11/5/2010, 10:47 AM
I've got UVerse but i also still have a landline.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2010, 10:49 AM
I have DSL without the home phone...It's cheap and I still get all the midget pron I so desire

SunnySooner
11/5/2010, 10:51 AM
How about the speed, Step? Do you have to wait for your nekkid midgets or do they pop right up?

StoopTroup
11/5/2010, 10:53 AM
Mine pop right up because the landline isn't where the Computer is getting the speed.

Mississippi Sooner
How about the speed, Step? Do you have to wait for your nekkid midgets or do they pop right up?

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
speed is fine...I've got the DSL pro (elite isn't available here)...I say it would be more than able to do what you wanted sunny

SunnySooner
11/5/2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks, bros, I'll give em a call and see how painful it will be to get it switched. $400 is worth a good bit of pain, however.

StoopTroup
11/5/2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks, bros, I'll give em a call and see how painful it will be to get it switched. $400 is worth a good bit of pain, however.

Sunny...in the end it might save you some dough...my take is...you'll like the stuff they have to add and you'll end up paying about the same eventually but I have to say they have been a lot better with customer service than Cox and DirecTV ever were.

Give em a try.

olevetonahill
11/5/2010, 11:34 AM
So a few years ago I were having Probs with Hughes net.
I tried an Aircard dealio from Alltel . Its sucked monkey balls. they refunded my money.
So I got Crappy sat. service but it beats dial up.

Is there something better out there now ? Oh and Talk about Pricey , Think im paying around 70 a month fer the sat,

soonerboomer93
11/5/2010, 11:41 AM
you might look into the sprint 4g wireless cards

We use one from work that's decent enough, and it's unlimited.

It's like $70 a month though

olevetonahill
11/5/2010, 11:47 AM
you might look into the sprint 4g wireless cards

We use one from work that's decent enough, and it's unlimited.

It's like $70 a month though

Wonder how well that will werk? On my Cell i usually only get 2 bars of service here and some times I dont get that good.

jumperstop
11/5/2010, 11:54 AM
Sunny...in the end it might save you some dough...my take is...you'll like the stuff they have to add and you'll end up paying about the same eventually but I have to say they have been a lot better with customer service than Cox and DirecTV ever were.

Give em a try.

This

I've had U-verse come out the next day and on Sunday to fix the problem. I never saw that type of customer service with Cox. It's pricier for U-verse but I enjoy it 100% more than any other tv service I've had.

hipsterdoofus
11/5/2010, 12:37 PM
I have it...tis okay.