PDA

View Full Version : Haiti....

StoopTroup
11/5/2010, 10:04 AM
Hey Tomas.....

I think these folks have had enough....

Looks like another mess is about to happen.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40022831/ns/weather/

Mississippi Sooner
11/5/2010, 10:05 AM
Pat Robertson says they bring it on themselves because of their voodoo and all that.

Oldnslo
11/5/2010, 10:06 AM
apparently, they need to turn that voodoo on Pat Robertson.

StoopTroup
11/5/2010, 10:07 AM
He would have made a great President.

caseysooner
11/5/2010, 11:15 AM
I went there shortly after the earthquake to one of the worst parts of port au prince and that country is for the most part hopeless.

royalfan5
11/5/2010, 11:18 AM
I suppose the upside is that they have to have a better 2011 than 2010.

StoopTroup
11/5/2010, 11:34 AM
I went there shortly after the earthquake to one of the worst parts of port au prince and that country is for the most part hopeless.

One of the guys I work with has Haitian Roots. He still had Family there. He's an EMT at work and a really good guy. We all got together and bought tents and he got them down there to help a bunch of folks. Tents aren't gonna be what helps those folks long-term though. The way they did all that construction previously has to change. Unfortunately people who live there will eventually have to probably need help moving from there and accepting help from Countries that can help take some of them to live elsewhere.

caseysooner
11/5/2010, 11:42 AM
Yeah it was definitely heart wrenching to see the living conditions and what these people especially the kids had to face on a day to day basis. Makes you grateful to be from America or any country with good infastructure

olevetonahill
11/5/2010, 11:43 AM
So Kinder like the Katrina refugees? You take em in up there in Tulsa, I dont want em .
Ill send em some 2x4s and some nails they can build em a shack to live in .:)

StoopTroup
11/5/2010, 11:46 AM
So Kinder like the Katrina refugees? You take em in up there in Tulsa, I dont want em .
Ill send em some 2x4s and some nails they can build em a shack to live in .:)

Sharia Law doesn't allow me to help. :D ;)

olevetonahill
11/5/2010, 11:48 AM
Sharia Law doesn't allow me to help. :D ;)

There is that, I guess they just be ****ed then .:eek:

StoopTroup
11/5/2010, 11:52 AM
There is that, I guess they just be ****ed then .:eek:

LMAO!

SoonerNate
11/5/2010, 10:40 PM
If you pray, please say a prayer for those poor folks.

Leroy Lizard
11/5/2010, 11:43 PM
God: "Man, I have to flush twice."

tcrb
11/6/2010, 09:25 AM
I'm shocked to hear that they're still having struggles....I figured everything was fine down there since Sean Penn and all those other Hollywood types showed up and got their pictures taken with all the refugees. Guess the movie stars left with all the cameras and the magazine reporters.

texaspokieokie
11/6/2010, 09:29 AM
why does haiti have it so bad & you never hear sbout domenican republic ??

caseysooner
11/6/2010, 09:41 AM
Because the Dominican Republic's natural resources weren't exhausted by the french

texaspokieokie
11/6/2010, 09:58 AM
Because the Dominican Republic's natural resources weren't exhausted by the french

what's that got to do with hurricanes & earthquakes ??

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 10:19 AM
Once your Country has fallen past the point of being able to help itself even your neighbors build a border to keep you out. Now Haitians have no choice but to leave and there is always going to be someone who will die to hold onto the turd that has become the other part of the island.

caseysooner
11/6/2010, 11:41 AM
what's that got to do with hurricanes & earthquakes ??

Well when you have little to no natural resources your country's GDP is usually low which is a cause of ad infrastructure/sub standard living conditions. A 7.2 earthquake in a moderately developed country usually won't do near as much damage or kill as many as it would in third world country like Haiti. And if your country has been stripped of most of it's vegetation runoff from heavy rains can cause numerous deaths.

Whet
11/6/2010, 12:12 PM
Big difference between the two countries located on the same small island.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 12:21 PM
Big difference between the two countries located on the same small island.

Very true. They aren't friends either. The problems in Haiti have been created over many years of folks with differences.

At some point not doing anything about it becomes a kind of genocide IMO.

texaspokieokie
11/6/2010, 04:00 PM
Once your Country has fallen past the point of being able to help itself even your neighbors build a border to keep you out. Now Haitians have no choice but to leave and there is always going to be someone who will die to hold onto the turd that has become the other part of the island.

gosh, we should do that with mexico.

Tiptonsooner
11/6/2010, 04:13 PM

or Texas

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 04:17 PM

I thought we were well on our way towards that....then NAFTA