PDA

View Full Version : Four Loko

royalfan5
11/5/2010, 08:58 AM
Is is anybody drinking this stuff? I've been hearing all sorts of stories about it, and seen it wreck seasoned drinkers. Plus, it just got banned in Michigan.
http://gawker.com/5682310/michigan-bans-disgusting-frat-boy-drink

StoopTroup
11/5/2010, 08:59 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146619&highlight=loko

The
11/5/2010, 08:59 AM
and seen it wreck seasoned drinkers.

Seasoned drinkers don't touch the crap made for 14 year old girls.

Boomer.....
11/5/2010, 09:00 AM
Oklahoma panel bans deliveries of Four Loko after Dec. 3

BY SONYA COLBERG Oklahoman
Published: November 5, 2010

After Dec. 3, a trendy caffeinated alcoholic drink blamed for hospitalizing college students will no longer be delivered to Oklahoma.

The Oklahoma ABLE Commission placed a moratorium Wednesday on the canned drink called Four Loko and other pre-mixed caffeinated alcoholic drinks.

Gov. Brad Henry and other state leaders said in a Sunday article in The Oklahoman that the drink should be banned because of health concerns.

On Tuesday, a large Oklahoma broker stepped forward to say deliveries to the state will cease.

The Alcoholic Beverage Laws Enforcement Commission's general counsel, John Maisch, said he knows of no other time when Oklahoma has placed a moratorium on a product.

"Package stores can sell it, and consumers, 21 and over, can consume Four Loko after Dec. 3, but there just won't be any new product allowed into the state. Once it's gone, it's gone,” Maisch said.

The moratorium will remain while a commission-appointed panel of scientists study the safety of alcoholic drinks containing caffeine, guarana and taurine. The commission is working on identifying scientists to study any health risks.

"Because of the uniqueness of the product and uniqueness of the combination of the ingredients, it's something we at the ABLE commission, believe deserves further study before we approve these products,” Maisch said. "There's growing scientific evidence mounting against this product.”

The commission has the authority to ban any unsafe alcoholic product. The new governor and legislators who take office in February would also have the option to ban Four Loko and similar products.

The drink attracted national attention when several Central Washington University students passed out and were hospitalized after drinking the beverage, which contains 12 percent alcohol and about as much caffeine as two cups of coffee.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is studying the beverage. Several states have banned the product. Maisch said Michigan and Pennsylvania also have pulled the product or asked distributors to voluntarily stop selling the drink.

Oklahoma also.

StoopTroup
11/5/2010, 09:01 AM
NO MO LOKO!

royalfan5
11/5/2010, 09:07 AM

A real seasoned drinked will touch anything.

GDC
11/5/2010, 10:29 AM
Wtf, these people are acting like combining caffeine and alcohol is a radical new idea.

3rdgensooner
11/5/2010, 10:30 AM
Agwa farts in Four Loko's general direction.

OUMallen
11/5/2010, 11:06 AM
I bought a couple to try. They taste completely awful.

Boomer.....
11/5/2010, 11:11 AM
Certain flavors are better than others. I thought 2 of the 5 that I tried were tolerable.

caseysooner
11/5/2010, 11:13 AM
Last time I had a loko my friend found me dancing on the floor with a woman who outweighed me by triple digits.

The
11/5/2010, 11:17 AM
Agwa farts in Four Loko's general direction.

You are correct, sir.

Who needs energy drinks when you can use actual cocaine in your 90 Proof booze?

GDC
11/5/2010, 01:59 PM
Kind of like Glen Campbell saying the only effect of cocaine was to let him drink a lot more scotch.

StoopTroup
11/5/2010, 02:01 PM
It takes True Grit to admit you got a problem.

yermom
11/5/2010, 02:07 PM
they gonna ban Jagerbombs too? :rolleyes:

something tells me it's not 1 or 2 of these things that is the problem

GDC
11/5/2010, 02:32 PM
Irish coffe and rum and coke have been around a long time.

TUSooner
11/5/2010, 02:40 PM
Last time I had a loko my friend found me dancing on the floor with a woman who outweighed me by triple digits.

I am NOT a woman, and you dance like **** anyway!

This post was not meant not be taken seriously.

jumperstop
11/5/2010, 02:41 PM

This stuff will get you crunk, not for 14 y/o girls. Does taste like koolaid with a **** ton of sugar and a kinda spoiled taste though. Fruit punch is by far the best flavor. Probably a good idea to ban them though, they are getting popular and they are tricky good. As much alcohol as a 6 pack and as much caffeine as two cups of coffee, on top of all that sugar.

GDC
11/5/2010, 02:54 PM
This stuff will get you crunk, not for 14 y/o girls. Does taste like koolaid with a **** ton of sugar and a kinda spoiled taste though. Fruit punch is by far the best flavor. Probably a good idea to ban them though, they are getting popular and they are tricky good. As much alcohol as a 6 pack and as much caffeine as two cups of coffee, on top of all that sugar.

How about letting natural selection weed out the ones that can't handle their drink?

That's like blaming Farmville because the psycho mother shook her baby to death.

XingTheRubicon
11/5/2010, 02:58 PM
hopefully it just kills democrats

TUSooner
11/5/2010, 03:25 PM
It sound perfectly awful to drink, and even worse to barf up.

Scott D
11/5/2010, 03:39 PM
It's banned here until the FDA makes a decision on it.

C&CDean
11/5/2010, 03:50 PM
I remember reading somewhere that mixing caffeine and alcohol results in a ****pot more suicides that just drinking one or the other. I know the guys who drink rum and coke/jack and coke/captain and coke tend to get their asses kicked a lot more at the bars than those who don't. Also, if you drink Red Bull and vodka or Jagermeister and don't have a vagina then you're a fag.

The
11/5/2010, 03:51 PM
I remember reading somewhere that mixing caffeine and alcohol results in a ****pot more suicides that just drinking one or the other. I know the guys who drink rum and coke/jack and coke/captain and coke tend to get their asses kicked a lot more at the bars than those who don't. Also, if you drink Red Bull and vodka or Jagermeister and don't have a vagina then you're a fag.

Actually, Jager keeps me surrounded with vagina.

C&CDean
11/5/2010, 03:54 PM
Well chicks do dig fags. No threat and all...

Penguin
11/5/2010, 03:56 PM
I used to drink Joose. I believe it's extremely similar to the Four Loko stuff.

It got so bad that the convenience store clerk would always yell "Here comes the Joose!" whenever I stopped in. It was nasty stuff, but it got you stinking drunk stinking fast. I killed a lot of liver and brain cells with that junk.

Just 3 would get me slobbering drunk and I had a very high tolerance level. I can't imagine what it does to a 110 pound co-ed.

The
11/5/2010, 04:02 PM
Well chicks do dig fags. No threat and all...
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u108/TheSooner/hvb81u.jpg

soonerinkaty
11/5/2010, 05:16 PM
I'll stick with the tried and true vodka and seven up ftw. My friend who is a total tool is all over four loko's nuts and for that reason I wont touch the ****.

SicEmBaylor
11/5/2010, 05:28 PM
Combining caffeine with alcohol is absolutely and totally opposite the reason that I drink.

I drink to unwind...to relax....to decompress. Not to get hyped up.

I've never been a drug user, but if I were that's why I'd be a "downer" type guy instead of an "upper."

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2010, 06:54 PM
I'm a downer kinda guy when it comes to drugs, but those Lokos are a great way to start a game day. Drink about 4 of those bad boys to get obliterated then sip beer the rest of the game. Awesome drunky.