PDA

View Full Version : Childish game

slh1234
11/4/2010, 10:35 PM
When I was a little boy, I remember my parents playing a game with us. At breakfast, one parent would always sleep a little late - usually in turn. The parent who was up would start a game that we would play willingly.

Mom: Go tell your dad to drag his butt out of bed and get to the breakfast table:

We would energetically run to their bedroom to deliver the message to dad who would say something like:

"Go tell her I'll get there when I'm good and ready and if she doesn't like it, tough."

We would run back and deliver that message. Mom might respond:

"Go tell your dad if he doesn't get here right now, I'm going to spank his butt."

We would run back ...

"Go tell your mom she doesn't scare me."

etc. etc. etc. It was great fun to a 4 year old boy during the 5 minutes or so dad (or mom, depending on the morning) got to sleep in that morning.

Now, ever time I read a story like this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5765618

I think of the reporter as being the 4 year old boy like I was, and think of the whole "He said" ... "he said" ... as being just like the game my mom and dad played many years ago ...

and then I see how seriously some fans take these silly, childish conversations ... Seriously? did they not have parents who played silly, childish games when they were growing up?