PDA

View Full Version : The Secondary Better Be Nothing Less Than Solid

Okie35
11/4/2010, 04:33 PM
.... Tannehill stares down receivers and throws lobs. I expect at least 2 ints if the DL comes to play. He'll force a lot of passes.

IxRLLRVthOA

jumperstop
11/4/2010, 04:36 PM
I've been surprised how few int's we've had this year...here's to hoping that this dude sucks enough for us to get a couple this weekend.

ashley
11/4/2010, 04:43 PM
I am afraid he does not lob the ball.

jagvocate
11/4/2010, 04:49 PM
Tannehill "lobs" the ball to Jeff Fuller so Fuller can jump up for it and attempt to use height as an advantage.

Tannehill doesn't have the arm strength of a, say, Ryan Mallett; but he throws a decent ball.

I expect OU's best chance at an interception will come from deflected passes by defensive linemen ... Tannehill has tried to force some throws over outsretched defenders, cutting it very close sometimes.

soonercastor
11/4/2010, 05:03 PM
MIDDLE

Okie35
11/4/2010, 05:18 PM
Tannehill "lobs" the ball to Jeff Fuller so Fuller can jump up for it and attempt to use height as an advantage.

Tannehill doesn't have the arm strength of a, say, Ryan Mallett; but he throws a decent ball.

I expect OU's best chance at an interception will come from deflected passes by defensive linemen ... Tannehill has tried to force some throws over outsretched defenders, cutting it very close sometimes.

It gets there the receivers do the rest. I blame Tech's terrible secondary especially on that one pass to Fuller where he gets back in front of the DB. I swear if Hurst/Nelson/Fleming/Carter/ or anyone else allows that to happen I'll break something.

oumartin
11/4/2010, 05:30 PM
yeah well Last year Jacory Harris threw a slow motion lob and look how that turned out.

Okie35
11/4/2010, 05:38 PM
yeah well Last year Jacory Harris threw a slow motion lob and look how that turned out.

The offense could've played better too. The defense still had 2 ints if I recall. That one play w/ the broken coverage Proctor was in :( .

PalmBeachSooner
11/4/2010, 07:17 PM

We did have two INTs off Harris. Our issues in that game were on the offensive side of the ball and missed FGs. Landry's interception in our red zone was huge.

I'd be really happy if we get the same defensive performance we had in the miami game last year. Let's just hope the offense plays much better.

ThinMan
11/4/2010, 11:34 PM
Texas Tech's pass defense is ranked dead last in all of college football.

ouwasp
11/4/2010, 11:46 PM
have the Sooners had a pick-six yet this yr?

Okie35
11/5/2010, 11:02 AM
Texas Tech's pass defense is ranked dead last in all of college football.

Which is why their players were open but you still don't stare down receivers the whole way there is not one time he went through his progressions he waited till they got open. That's why I said IF our d line brings their A game the secondary should have a great game.

Okie35
11/5/2010, 11:04 AM
have the Sooners had a pick-six yet this yr?

Nope closest person to get near the end zone was Fleming's pick on Ponder because it was on the FSU 30 or something like that. This would be a good game to have the first pick 6.

OU_Sooners75
11/5/2010, 11:07 AM
Here let me help the noob in posting the video here. :)

IxRLLRVthOA

FFR: [ youtube ] v=IxRLLRVthOA [/youtube] Just take out the spaces and the "v=" and it will post the video.

Okie35
11/5/2010, 11:09 AM
Here let me help the noob in posting the video here. :)

IxRLLRVthOA

FFR: [ youtube ] v=IxRLLRVthOA [/youtube] Just take out the spaces and the "v=" and it will post the video.

Haaaa I've asked about that before when I was around 30 posts. Thanks!

OU_Sooners75
11/5/2010, 11:10 AM
Haaaa I've asked about that before when I was around 30 posts. Thanks!

No Problem. ;)

madillsoonerfan5353
11/5/2010, 11:12 AM

Yeah I believe he got picked twice. We couldn't stop the run down the stretch.

:gary:

C&CDean
11/5/2010, 01:45 PM

Well all that was Stoops' fault. He coached Jacory to throw like that. He coached our kickers to miss those FGs too. Or was it Venables? I always forget which one to blame when we lose.

StoopTroup
11/5/2010, 01:52 PM
Well all that was Stoops' fault. He coached Jacory to throw like that. He coached our kickers to miss those FGs too. Or was it Venables? I always forget which one to blame when we lose.

Never go with Josh. Not popular. :D

gaylordfan1
11/5/2010, 02:47 PM
I'm a little more concerned with that fullback out in the flats...

madillsoonerfan5353
11/5/2010, 02:48 PM
Or a seam over the middle. :gary:

cleller
11/5/2010, 02:51 PM
MIDDLE

Amen, preacher.

Okie35
11/6/2010, 11:50 PM
Got the 2 ints and forgot the W :(