PDA

View Full Version : Oh the Whorns preseason predictions...

soonercastor
11/3/2010, 09:44 PM
Only way I see us losing 2+ is if we lose GG to injury. Knock on wood. Honestly if we stay relatively healthy then I can see us having a very up year and possibly playing in the MNC and at worst would be an at large BCS bid.

Gilbert will never lose a game. Ever.

This season is gonna be ****kin fun, guys. yeah it is :D

Lose 5 games, lose 4 first round picks, then win the conference! Haha. Seriously though, Landry is ****ing horrible. Bomaresque. There's a reason Stoops was begging for Florida's laptop thief. :rolleyes:

here is the LINK (http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/68068-Big-12-Preseason-poll-released) :pop:

yankee
11/3/2010, 10:04 PM
there is so much gold in there, it's not even funny.

just typical whorn BS arrogance. that's why i will never, ever feel sorry for that university. screw them, every single one of 'em. they deserve this kind of season more than ANY other school in the nation.

Tigeman
11/3/2010, 10:27 PM
Wow a whorn who's pretty smart....

Yes, 3. It's not that hard to ponder, even if it isn't very fun. Nebraska, one or two of ATM, Tech, and OU, a bowl, and a game they shouldn't lose. It isn't hard to see 4-5 losses if some things really go sideways.

We're not entitled to 12 win seasons. No one is. We have a ****ty offensive line and mediocre offensive coaching. We have a mediocre RB group and great talent with mediocre performance at WR. In Muschamp we trust, blah blah blah, but the defense ain't going to be walking shutouts all the way down a 12-13 game schedule.

We just lost one of the most prolific QBs in NCAA history, a great talent at WR, and a number of difference makers on defense, including the best safety in the country. Yes, 3 is nothing outlandish to consider.

Oh wait a minute..... CTJ is kind of considered a closet Sooner troll, as those of you follow that board will note. So MAYBE just MAYBE there are no smart ones. LOL

Tigeman
11/3/2010, 10:50 PM
there is so much gold in there, it's not even funny.

Oh but it is.... it is! So VERY VERY funny!!!! :D

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

yermom
11/3/2010, 10:56 PM
following up VY with Colt McCoy was hardly fair anyway

you simply can't keep that kind of trend going

kelloggOUballa
11/3/2010, 11:01 PM
That Web site is full of incompetent ****** bags.

yermom
11/3/2010, 11:15 PM
well, they are wh0rns...

they seem cooler than hornfans though

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2010, 11:29 PM
AIDS is cooler than hornfans though.

Tigeman
11/3/2010, 11:34 PM
following up VY with Colt McCoy was hardly fair anyway

you simply can't keep that kind of trend going

IDK, we're usually pretty good at it! Well... I guess we usually do have to deal w/ a serviceable guy sometimes. So guess your right! :)

Okie35
11/4/2010, 03:38 AM
Too funny

Why does anyone think ou should be favored over us? They're coming off a FIVE loss season, we're coming off a season where the only team that beat us won the whole thing. I mean, I know ou dominated an awesome Stanford team in a really important bowl game by 4 points, but let's not get carried away here.

All I can figure is that these people don't have any idea how good Garrett Gilbert is going to be and they're assuming that losing Colt means we're guaranteed to lose at least twice this year or something. Not necessarily the case.

Gilbert's left nut is a better quarterback than Landry Jones.

We should be favored over ou by several points.

We will have 1-3 hiccups this year. But not one against Neb. They lost their only hope when Suh left. He was the reason they were so close in the CCG. He was the reason Neb went to the CCG at all.

OU is maybe. I see 1-3 losses from OU/TTU/KSU/TAMU.

Someone's reply

I am very glad that you ain't **** to me.

Funniest recent post

I was searching for "Hurt Locker," and somehow this thread came up.

Sooner70
11/4/2010, 05:53 AM
The knowledgeable Hornfans where I live (Houston), and I'm talking about 25+ year season ticket holders who drive to Austin for every home game, are voicing a real fear that Gilbert may be another overhyped Chrissy Simms. They're really concerned that Mack has returned to the days of loyalty to a fault with Gilbert because of promises made during recruiting. Also, having underacheiving 3-5 star talent.

Things aren't happy in Austin these days. Of course the big lightning rod is OC Greg Davis. They want to can him. Also, they want DeLoss Dodds to retire, Mack to become AD (they all agree he'd be great), and Muschamp to take over. That's what they seem to talk up. Although, Muschamp's shine has worn off a bit with Texas' D lacking in a few games.

KantoSooner
11/4/2010, 08:57 AM
I agree with them. Fire one of the most effective AD's in the game and promote Smack Daddy. He'll be just as good as Dodds. Maybe. On a good day. Then you can promote Mudchump to the head coaching job. For which he is not ready and maybe never will be. And finally fire Davis and hire coach-to-be-named-in-the-future.
That'll fix Texas football right well for the next decade or so.

3rdgensooner
11/4/2010, 09:30 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/413355/texassicover_medium.jpg

dwarthog
11/4/2010, 09:34 AM
I agree with them. Fire one of the most effective AD's in the game and promote Smack Daddy. He'll be just as good as Dodds. Maybe. On a good day. Then you can promote Mudchump to the head coaching job. For which he is not ready and maybe never will be. And finally fire Davis and hire coach-to-be-named-in-the-future.

Hear, hear... well said. Hook 'em

badger
11/4/2010, 10:26 AM
Those who refuse to learn history are doomed to repeat it.

We, too, once thought that rebuilding years were actually reloading years. Surely a Heisman QB could be replaced by his underling or the 5-star talent we just recruited. We just went to a national championship game and took another Big 12 crown. We'll be fine and we'll keep beating Texas, too!

:( that year was soooo incredibly disappointing... but at least we won our bowl and got the loss at home outta the way early. with UT, there's no end to their home losing in sight.

Okie35
11/4/2010, 11:49 AM

:D that sounds fine w/ me.

stoopified
11/4/2010, 02:07 PM
I hope Mack signs a lifetime contract.

badger
11/4/2010, 02:51 PM
Aww, oudavid, why did you have to go there and stir up the angry hornet's nest right after the hornets simultaneously lost their ability to sting? I mean, yes, it is funny to get chased by harmless hornets without fear of hundreds of strings, but they can still buzz. Bzzzzzzzz. Hear that? It's oudavid's fault.

;)

CaliBornSoonerBred
11/4/2010, 03:03 PM
watching kidsooner and david try to rationalize with the whorns is hilarious! ah the young'ens will learn, they will learn

TexasEx4OU
11/4/2010, 04:07 PM
I hope Mack signs a lifetime contract, with a rider that mandates that Greg Davis remain as OC, with an ascension to HC should Mack retire or die.

FIFY.