PDA

View Full Version : During a call to John Boehner at midnight, Obama

MamaMia
11/3/2010, 01:39 AM
all of a sudden wants to create jobs and cut spending.

Lets hope that both, the Democrats and the Republicans, have learned from their mistakes in not listening to the majority of the American people. Thats the kind of "change" we needed all along.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/3/2010, 02:35 AM
Maybe Obama, and his massive entourage will just stay in India.

batonrougesooner
11/3/2010, 03:08 AM
Obama's theme tomorrow will be "It's time to put partisan politics behind us".

Of course now that he doesn't control the House he will try to come across as bipartisan...

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2010, 05:29 AM
Honestly, I hated a lot of his policies, but in the beginning he did try to bring pubs into the debate. Him and Bush both failed on that though by being dooshes. **** 'em both and their parties too.

Leroy Lizard
11/3/2010, 05:31 AM
Honestly, I hated a lot of his policies, but in the beginning he did try to bring pubs into the debate.

No he didn't. Especially with health care, he tried to ram it past the pubs and only invited them into the discussion when that failed.

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2010, 05:35 AM
Then why was the public option off the table while the house libs screamed? Thye had a solid majority other than senate pubs shrieking about cloture.

Leroy Lizard
11/3/2010, 05:39 AM
Then why was the public option off the table while the house libs screamed? Thye had a solid majority other than senate pubs shrieking about cloture.

They had a solid majority in numbers, but many dems were probably going to vote against the legislation as long as it was in there.

Obama wanted the public option pretty bad. He wasn't going to give that up unless he felt he had to. You think he gives a rat **** about what the Republicans want?

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2010, 05:46 AM
Have you ever heard of cloture votes? They couldn't get **** through the senate without 60 votes thanks to made up, unconstitutional senate rules. Now both sides are in that position. It's a dumb rule that causes us to not be able to see a final vote tally.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/4/2010, 03:34 PM
"Hey John, ...well congratulations on the GOP gains in the House. Boxer and Reid out west saved our a$$e$ in the Senate by the skin of our nuts. So I guess it could have been a lot worse for my team "

"Well, Mr. President, we tried to tell you that this health care reform nightmare would come back to haunt you, and the American people spoke loud and clear."

"Speaking of health care, John, one of my advisors suggested you and I agree to quit smoking. You know I'm a closet smoker - never smoke around my family or in front of the press - and I know you are a proud and unapologetic two-pack-a-day Camel smoker. .... well anyway, I've been trying to quit but ,,,,sh!t it's hard with all the pressures of the ..."

"F*ck that sh1t, Mr. President. I ain't quitting for nobody."