PDA

View Full Version : If this issue has been previOUsly addressed....

Iam4OUru
11/2/2010, 10:33 PM
my deepest apology. ;)

I've noticed, especially this year, that Landry makes a hand motion behind his back to put his running back in motion....either left or right. A large percentage of the time, he ends up tossing the ball out to that back behind the line of scrimmage. My concern is.....can the defense not see this signaling, or, is the execution so good up front that it really doesn't matter? This just appears a bit awkward to me.

TrophyCollector
11/2/2010, 10:35 PM
F***ING Wilson!!!

gaylordfan1
11/2/2010, 11:00 PM
so many plays can be ran out of that set... I don't think its giving anything away.

swardboy
11/2/2010, 11:07 PM
And I've noticed it's a trend this year for qb's to wave a back in motion with a hand...nothing discreet about it anymore.

As far as the trend for throwing to the motion man, maybe they're setting something up for a later game. I can't imagine KW getting into a rut on playcalling, can you?

yankee
11/2/2010, 11:08 PM
i've noticed the hand motion too, but a lot of times he doesn't swing it out to the RB...at least not initially.

yermom
11/2/2010, 11:11 PM
the time he did that against Colorado and then handed off to Millard was pretty awesome

yankee
11/2/2010, 11:14 PM
the time he did that against Colorado and then handed off to Millard was pretty awesome

handoffs to millard, out of the shotgun, make me happy inside. MOAR MILLARD!!!11

yermom
11/2/2010, 11:17 PM
no one suspects the fullback!

oudavid1
11/3/2010, 02:17 AM
as an aspiring coach i can say, the motion gets our athletes in to space, so if the defense does go with it, which is a risk (to take a backer out of the middle) than i would assume that Landry would hit that quick slot route we usually run to it. Now it seems more likely that we would have 2 backs in el backfield so the run is still an option. I dont dislike it.

bmjlr
11/3/2010, 08:08 AM
Maybe Jones keeps farting and the RB leaves to get out of the way. :D

Okie35
11/3/2010, 08:23 AM
so many plays can be ran out of that set... I don't think its giving anything away.

Yea, KW already stated most of the plays he runs are the same just different looks from different sets. Lately, Landry has been faking the swing pass when the DBs bite on it. Its been working like a charm.

Okie35
11/3/2010, 08:24 AM
as an aspiring coach i can say, the motion gets our athletes in to space, so if the defense does go with it, which is a risk (to take a backer out of the middle) than i would assume that Landry would hit that quick slot route we usually run to it. Now it seems more likely that we would have 2 backs in el backfield so the run is still an option. I dont dislike it.

Yea w/ motion you can read the defense easier to see if they're in zone or man.

oumartin
11/3/2010, 08:24 AM

We get the point that you wanna coach. No need to put it in every reply.

sooneron
11/3/2010, 09:01 AM
Smells ******y in here...

KantoSooner
11/3/2010, 09:11 AM
And what's with the stamping thing that spread QB's seem to all do? Is it a signal? To whom? Or just a personal rhythm/tic type of thing?

Iam4OUru
11/3/2010, 10:02 AM
I don't disagree with the back in motion. It's just that the hand signals seem a bit neanderthal. Can't they work it in as voice commands? Maybe Landry has too much on his plate already? :confused: ;)

oumartin
11/3/2010, 10:22 AM
Is he flippin' the bird or giving the peace sign? Maybe he's waving off a fart

Mad Dog Madsen
11/3/2010, 10:24 AM
Maybe Jones keeps farting and the RB leaves to get out of the way. :D

I wouldn't doubt it...

Landthief 1972
11/3/2010, 10:44 AM
no one suspects the fullback!

Or the Spanish Inquisition!

http://whsdrama.westwood.wikispaces.net/file/view/monty-python-spanish-inquisition.jpg/113297339/monty-python-spanish-inquisition.jpg

oudavid1
11/3/2010, 10:56 AM

as an aspiring coach......i feel like i need to

Mad Dog Madsen
11/3/2010, 11:02 AM
You guys are hilarious! :D

humblesooner
11/3/2010, 11:34 AM
Don't worry about the hand signal. It's just the starting mechanism, similar to lifting his foot to trigger the snap. I thought the same thing when I first saw it (signalling the receiver to start, then throwing to him), but then I watched more and noticed that a lot of the time the pass did not go to that receiver. And a lot of times when it did go to him, it was the check down option.

oumartin
11/3/2010, 11:36 AM
Don't worry about the hand signal. It's just the starting mechanism, similar to lifting his foot to trigger the snap. I thought the same thing when I first saw it (signalling the receiver to start, then throwing to him), but then I watched more and noticed that a lot of the time the pass did not go to that receiver. And a lot of times when it did go to him, it was the check down option.

Wouldn't an aspiring coach know this?

oudavid1
11/3/2010, 04:13 PM

sha-zam!

C&CDean
11/3/2010, 04:38 PM

Damn straight, cause marty is gonna start ragging on you now. He hates coaches.

Mississippi Sooner
11/3/2010, 04:45 PM
Fire David!

bent rider
11/3/2010, 04:50 PM
And what's with the stamping thing that spread QB's seem to all do? Is it a signal? To whom? Or just a personal rhythm/tic type of thing?

Its the standing equivalent to lifting a cheek.

Cornfed
11/3/2010, 06:00 PM
I thought he was waving off a fart.

Pricetag
11/3/2010, 06:10 PM
I thought he was waving off a fart.
I think he'd be playing better on the road if he was doing that, because if you're farting, you're having fun, and if you're having fun, you're playing loose.

Cornfed
11/3/2010, 06:22 PM
I think he'd be playing better on the road if he was doing that, because if you're farting, you're having fun, and if you're having fun, you're playing loose.

I thought only the butt clenchers in the stands were not having fun.

oumartin
11/4/2010, 07:10 AM
I dont' hate coaches. I only hate Democrats.

I just think we could do better with a new defensive coordinator.

StoopTroup
11/4/2010, 07:32 AM
I guess we finally understand...you can probably never bring it up until you're kissing Bob's *** for making a change. Hopefully he'll get one you like so we don't have to listen to you whine for another 6 years.

CharterKid
11/4/2010, 08:31 AM
F***ING Wilson!!!

SI!!

oudavid1
11/4/2010, 01:22 PM
Fire David!

My first one! :D yay!

En_Fuego
11/4/2010, 02:22 PM
Is he flippin' the bird or giving the peace sign? Maybe he's waving off a fart

THIS ^

humblesooner
11/4/2010, 02:25 PM
I dont' hate coaches. I only hate Democrats.

I just think we could do better with a new defensive coordinator.

If I had known that Venables was a Democrat, I would have been on the Fire Vulnerables bandwagon long ago.

humblesooner
11/4/2010, 02:26 PM

Maybe if he already knew this, he wouldn't be "aspiring".
Glad I could help him out. :D