PDA

View Full Version : question about road games

lasooner123
11/2/2010, 09:39 PM
does anyone know why we have struggled so much over the last few years on the road. OUr road record has been pitiful except for games against complete cupcakes.

Breadburner
11/2/2010, 10:46 PM
It is....What is it.....

TXBOOMER
11/2/2010, 11:09 PM
Turnovers, poor kicking game, injuries at key positions, inexperience, bad side of officiating, are all contributing factors. It never has been easy to win on the road. Remember AtM and Okie Lite games in our last National Champion year.

yankee
11/2/2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.cool-smileys.com/images/2066.gif (http://www.cool-smileys.com/smiley-banging-head-against-the-wall)

lasooner123
11/2/2010, 11:32 PM
Turnovers, poor kicking game, injuries at key positions, inexperience, bad side of officiating, are all contributing factors. It never has been easy to win on the road. Remember AtM and Okie Lite games in our last National Champion year.

but there has to be something we are doin wrong. theres got to be some constant behind it considering its been about the last 5 yrs where we are fortunate for every road win vs decent teams

Norman Tugwater
11/2/2010, 11:34 PM
Hey fellas, what's with these green dots under my name. I haven't seen green dots since that procedure I undertook for some cash down in Venezuela.

yankee
11/2/2010, 11:42 PM
Hey fellas, what's with these green dots under my name. I haven't seen green dots since that procedure I undertook for some cash down in Venezuela.

it's your "spek" (redneck version of 'respect' around here)

green = good
red = bad

ya get "spekked" if people like your post
ya get "negged" if people don't like your post

that little white weight thing under your norman tugwater avatar is where you neg or spek someone. for obvious reasons, you cannot neg or spek yourself.

WELCOME, N00B!!!

TXBOOMER
11/2/2010, 11:44 PM
but there has to be something we are doin wrong. theres got to be some constant behind it considering its been about the last 5 yrs where we are fortunate for every road win vs decent teams

They call it home field advantage for a reason. Football is such an emotional game. I would have to look at the record to see how we compare with similar teams. We have such a strong home field advantage that our away games are magnified. I am hopeful we can beat the crap out of AtM to give these guys some road confidence.