PDA

View Full Version : Election Results Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

C&CDean
11/3/2010, 09:44 AM
And, from what I understand, the state troopers assigned to her get some nice french benefits.

Clinton set the precedent and now it's old hat.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/3/2010, 09:59 AM
I'm not knocking it. Guys carrying 9mm's on their sides need a de-stresser every once in a while.

I just really wanted to show how witty I am by substituting the word french for fringe, with the connotations that brings and stuff. you know?

SoonerStormchaser
11/3/2010, 10:02 AM
And those worried about Fallin being another Keating? I hope so. Hell, he got my car tags down to a max of $95 and also got the stupid vehicle inspection law out of there. At least that's something. I will give Brad Henry credit though. He locked himself up for the past however many years it's been since he got elected in a closet and didn't do dick. Sometimes that's best.

That's been my beef with Henry/Askins...they did NOTHING to warrant him getting re-elected, let alone her running for governor.

StoopTroup
11/3/2010, 10:22 AM
SicEm....

If your elected I'd like you to consider putting me in charge of the Presidential Scooter Pool.

royalfan5
11/3/2010, 10:30 AM
SicEm....

If your elected I'd like you to consider putting me in charge of the Presidential Scooter Pool.

I for one welcome the sight of ScootForce One.

SoonerStormchaser
11/3/2010, 10:35 AM
And he would pass an executive order re-starting the production of Zima.

soonerbrat
11/3/2010, 10:37 AM
Alternatively, I'll be eligible to run in 2020 and I trust my own judgement FAR more than anyone else's.

I'd do a hell of a job with this country!

really? seriously. really?
you should learn how to navigate it before you try to run it.

SoonerStormchaser
11/3/2010, 10:42 AM
really? seriously. really?
you should learn how to navigate it before you try to run it.

Dude...that's why he's gonna promote me to General...cause then I'll be his chief navigator! Duh! Pay 'tention dammit!

StoopTroup
11/3/2010, 10:44 AM
Brat....you mean like join the Navy kind of Navigate?

soonerbrat
11/3/2010, 10:52 AM
no, i mean learn how not to go the wrong direction for 2 hours when you're taking a road trip.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/3/2010, 12:43 PM
Alternatively, I'll be eligible to run in 2020 and I trust my own judgement FAR more than anyone else's.

I'd do a hell of a job with this country!

I'd rather have a President like Slick Willie that can get chicks. I really don't want the French laughing their asses off at us.

Scott D
11/3/2010, 01:11 PM
I'd rather have a President like Slick Willie that can get chicks. I really don't want the French laughing their asses off at us.

I haven't been interested in becoming President since I was in the second grade.

SicEmBaylor
11/3/2010, 02:15 PM
no, i mean learn how not to go the wrong direction for 2 hours when you're taking a road trip.

I wasn't driving.

Collier11
11/3/2010, 02:31 PM
Man. I'm glad I'm not the message board drunk rant guy anymore. :D

Liar

soonerbrat
11/3/2010, 02:32 PM
I wasn't driving.

right, you were supposed to be navigating!!

Bourbon St Sooner
11/3/2010, 03:10 PM
I haven't been interested in becoming President since I was in the second grade.

Everybody knows Shaft can run for President. I mean when they ask you if you inhaled and had sex with that woman and you reply "Damn ****in' right", it may not play well with some in the electorate.

Scott D
11/3/2010, 04:18 PM
better to be the puppet master than the puppet imo.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/3/2010, 04:20 PM
better to be the puppet master than the puppet imo.

This is truth.

Having a hand shoved up your *** is pretty uncomfortable for most folks, making life as a puppet pretty crappy.

stoopified
11/3/2010, 05:10 PM
And shes got nice bewbs.
I would have to examine the evidence more closeky to vote yea or nay.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/3/2010, 09:46 PM
Seriously, has she or Feinstein done a goddamn thing while in the Senate?

some might argue that's a positive.:)

GottaHavePride
11/3/2010, 10:20 PM
I'm just glad that in all the discussion of possible Republican candidates for President, no one has mentioned Sam ****ing Brownback.

He only ran for Kansas governor because he think he's got a better shot at the Presidency from a governor's seat.

SicEmBaylor
11/3/2010, 10:38 PM
I'm just glad that in all the discussion of possible Republican candidates for President, no one has mentioned Sam ****ing Brownback.

He only ran for Kansas governor because he think he's got a better shot at the Presidency from a governor's seat.

I detest Sam Brownback. I utterly and totally detest that man. He's everything that's wrong about the Republican Party.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/4/2010, 12:27 AM
...Henry/Askins...they did NOTHING...I have to admit that's the best performance by a Democrat that I've heard of in a LONG time.

SicEmBaylor
11/4/2010, 12:47 AM
And those worried about Fallin being another Keating? I hope so. Hell, he got my car tags down to a max of $95 and also got the stupid vehicle inspection law out of there. At least that's something. I will give Brad Henry credit though. He locked himself up for the past however many years it's been since he got elected in a closet and didn't do dick. Sometimes that's best.

I agree with all of this. I liked Keating a lot. I skipped school once in 8th grade to sneak into an NFIB Breakfast Meeting to meet him.

SicEmBaylor
11/4/2010, 12:53 AM
Also, some of you complaining that this or that Senator hasn't done anything in the Senate...what do you think the purpose of a Senator is?

A Senator is not a representative of the people. A Senator is a representative of the state as a whole. Senators were created to sort of be ambassadors of their respective states to the Federal system. They are the voices of the states not the people. In fact, Thomas Jefferson had a vision for Washington D.C. that included embassies for each state.

In any case, let's take Barbara Boxer as an example. Yes, I detest that woman, but the question is does she represent the values of the state of California? I would have to argue...yes. The purpose of a Senator isn't to come up with ground breaking policy for the entire country. That's simply not their job. Unfortunately, the Senate has become a glorified House of Representatives operating in ways that it was never intended.

SicEmBaylor
11/4/2010, 12:59 AM
The process has become so convoluted. So many of our problems are a result of not living up to what our Founder's and the Framer's intended.

I mean the simple act of passing a bill is nothing like what was envisioned. It was thought that the driving force behind national policy would be the House of Representatives. The House of Representatives -- the people's direct representatives to the Federal system would be the driving force behind national policy. Legislation would be created by the people via their representatives and then it would go to the Senate where the representatives of the states themselves would balance the interests of the people v. the interests of the states. Then the legislation would pass to the President who would evaluate the legislation and balance the interests of the people/states with the interests of the nation as a whole and either sign or reject that legislation.

The process just doesn't work that way anymore. The President is the driving force behind policy, the interests of the states take a backseat to the interests of the individual special-interest groups and the political parties, and the interests of the people are similarly sidelined in favor of those same party and special-interests groups.

It's just a damned shame that it has come to this.

Blue
11/4/2010, 01:22 AM
Sicem. I think you've found your calling. Run for office. If thats too slimy for you, get on the radio. Write editorials.

SicEmBaylor
11/4/2010, 02:12 AM
Sicem. I think you've found your calling. Run for office. If thats too slimy for you, get on the radio. Write editorials.

Eh, I tried the running for office thing once. It didn't work out. ;)

I do have a face for radio though...