PDA

View Full Version : Patriots re-sign Randy Moss? Not so fast, my friends

SPuL
11/2/2010, 06:36 PM
http://www.flockaball.com/football/nfl/2010/11/02/618/

:mad:

soonercastor
11/2/2010, 07:04 PM
why does it matter whether or not they want him? Chances are he will get picked up before free agency, and if he doesn't it would be just because of his contract.

Salt City Sooner
11/2/2010, 09:30 PM
Clayton said on Sportcenter tonight that he thinks the #1 possibility for him is St. Louis.

soonercastor
11/2/2010, 09:35 PM
makes sense at first sight, but do you want him to "em-poison" this young team? They will have to consider him for sure; but its not a "no-brainer.'

Eielson
11/2/2010, 09:35 PM
Clayton said on Sportcenter tonight that he thinks the #1 possibility for him is St. Louis.

He'll probably end up hurt like all the other ones with a little talent in St. Louis, but if not, he could be an important part of their playoff run. Seeing as they went after Owens, I doubt they will shy away from Moss.

pappy
11/2/2010, 09:44 PM
As a pats fan I'm glad the pats aren't planning to re-sign Moss. He was one of the most annoying players to watch play this year. He takes plays off, he short arms balls over the middle. I had no problem with them trading him to the vikings. I thought it was a great move cause they weren't going to give him another contract anyway and they got a draft pick out of it.

cyclonesooner
11/2/2010, 10:11 PM
I would hate to see the Rams take his loafing butt ! They don't need his element on a developing team.

Eielson
11/2/2010, 10:57 PM
I would hate to see the Rams take his loafing butt ! They don't need his element on a developing team.

I would hate to see the Rams not try this...at least for the year. Maybe when Avery and Clayton come back it would be a different story next year, but there is embarrassingly little talent right now at WR on the team that isn't on IR. They are every bit in this playoff race, and not to go after Moss is a "next year" response. That "next year" response is getting old. As a Rams fan, it's been too long since we've been relevant, and patience is running thin. Pretty soon Jackson will start a steep decline and more "next year" responses will be on the way.

soonercastor
11/2/2010, 11:05 PM
I would hate to see the Rams not try this...at least for the year. Maybe when Avery and Clayton come back it would be a different story next year, but there is embarrassingly little talent right now at WR on the team that isn't on IR. They are every bit in this playoff race, and not to go after Moss is a "next year" response. That "next year" response is getting old. As a Rams fan, it's been too long since we've been relevant, and patience is running thin. Pretty soon Jackson will start a steep decline and more "next year" responses will be on the way.

although it looks like a good short-term move, it could very well affect the team negatively in the long run. No need to push this team right now, they are exceeding expectations and doing just fine. They will use the draft to address their issues.

sooneron
11/2/2010, 11:24 PM
although it looks like a good short-term move, it could very well affect the team negatively in the long run. No need to push this team right now, they are exceeding expectations and doing just fine. They will use the draft to address their issues.

It could , but we don't know that. Most players that have played with Randy have spoken highly of him.
Secondly, the season is not over, so they have not exceeded expectations. Going .500 would do that. Getting to the playoffs would go far beyond that. I don't want Sam to get injured waiting for one of their 3rd stringers to break off on a route to shake a defender.
Childress totally dropped the ball on this. He never spoke to Moss before picking him up off waivers. Really? WTF?? Was he afraid to lay down the law? Meh, that question answers itself.

SPuL
11/3/2010, 09:58 AM
All I know is, if he was someone Bill Bellicheck wanted to get rid of, there is probably a good reason.