PDA

View Full Version : Stool Water "Traditions"?

seaquesix
11/2/2010, 12:17 PM
Getting tired of listening to the "This is OUR YEAR" dreck spewed by every shyt-kicker aggie I run into(why cant we put them in their F'n place earlier in the year?). PLEASE Joe, in the name of all things Sooner, end the delusion early and mute the fairweather, truckstop aggie sweatshirt wearin' pig farmers hope. That way we only have to listen to "next year" bs in the off season. Or do you own stock in Love's Country Stores? The aggy merch just flies off the racks this time of year.

Rehashed Rant from a few years back -->

TRADITION?

After listening to Zero state fans claim all of this tradition, I thought I’d list all of the “traditions” they’ve “borrowed” from other actual programs:

Waving Wheat ……Stolen From: Kansas

Nothing strikes fear into the heart of your opponent like wheat….waving. And the sheep humpers don’t even mimic that correctly. They look more like saluting Germans! (Which, technically, may have been lifted from the jack-booted thugs at Texas A&M)

Guns up!......Stolen From: Texas Tech

Pointing hand pistols in the air is a long time Sand aggie tradition. So is throwing tortillas…what...too obvious to rip-off? For originality, you could hold that “pistol” in the shape of an “L” on your forehead. LosuR.

Shakin’ yer Car keys……Stolen From: Several area high schools

When’s the Prom? I’m now waiting for the aggies to adopt the “we got spirit, yes we do…”cheer. How about “GO START THE BUS!” Loved that one in H.S.

Cowbells……Stolen From: Texas Tech & High schools

Annoying? Check.
Uncreative? YouBetcha!

“Good for a cowboy 1st down & 10”……Stolen From: K-State

That idiot announcer in Manhattan was annoying us long before your idiot announcer ever thought of it. Speaking of idiot announcers, does it get better than listening to Dave “Jocksniffer/Bunslicker” Hunsziker during a cowboy 4th quarter collapse?

Cheerleaders in Leather Chaps……Stolen From: texas

Sorry aggie, texas did it first. Want something original? Strap a saddle to a couple of thse girthier girls and ride ‘em cowboy!

Paddle Heartbeat……Stolen From: University of Oklahoma RUF/NEKS

The oldest all male spirit organization in the nation has been keeping that heartbeat going since 1915. No unity or rhythm either…when the poke paddleslappers get to beatin’ the wall, it just sounds like T-Boone has a bad case of the walking farts! I giggle every time I hear it.

Big Head Paper Mache Mascot……Stolen From: Carnival (Rio de Janeiro)

Your mascot looks like a parade float. Back before plastics, resins and space-age polymers, a lot of schools made-do and constructed a mascot out of whatever was handy on campus. It’s 2010, yet ol’ Pete is still a painted Pig sh!t and sod sculpture.

Pistol Pete Mascot Likeness……Stolen From: Lady Elaine (Mr. Rogers)

You remember…the creepy androgynous hand puppet offspring of King Friday and Queen Sara. O-State went and put a cowboy hat and mustache on Lady Elaine Fairchild. How could anyone rip-off Fred Rogers? This one, however, stands to reason…with a fan base rooted in the land of make-believe…

To be fair…a list of things the aggies came up with on their own:

The “Poke Choke”……Originality: 10

You own this one kids. Only you can be counted on to “do something aggy” when it matters most.

The East-West Stadium……Originality: 8

Never understood this one. The setting sun is in your receivers eyes too. You probably didn’t think that one through. Not such an issue now as you’ve finally bricked and bowled-in Rustoleum Stadium

The “Flaming” Brand……Originality: 6

What…a little too GHEY to make that your helmet sticker? Afraid you’d be called the “Flamers”? Too bad…we still call you that.

Alarm Clock Uniform Numbers……Originality: 1

Originality score would have been higher, but they discontinued that after one year. Something about wanting to hit the SNOOZE button during their games. That, and it was probably too original.

Majoring in Animal Husbandry……Originality: 4

Sure, other Ag schools offer this, but O-State has the most Animal Husbandry National Merit Scholars Per Capita.

Calling the OU/osu game “******”……Originality: 3

A derivative of the words “Bed Lamb” or to “Poke” a sheep. The only folks embracing that word are idiot cowboy fans and our local news media. This brings us to the ****** Bell “tradition”. What? Never heard of it? That’s because it’s just some dumb crystal bell that a couple of ford dealers sponsor. L-A-M-E.

Head Coach with a spray-on tan……Originality: 8

I’m a MAN! Snookie makes me wanna PUKE!
Hey Hairgel, its November…quit with the fake-bake.
You’re now more orange than your shirt.

Sugar Daddy T Booger Pickens……Originality: 3

HaaHaaah you old jock-sniffing fool…when will you learn that, with the possible exception of George Steinbrenner, success and tradition cannot be purchased. Money will not “resurrect” your program. For a Program to be resurrected, it has to have actually been a program to begin with. They couldn’t fill the stadium before you came along. What makes you think a fresh coat of paint and some bricks will put butts in the seats? That is the epitome of O-State football – a Façade of a real Program. Some of those poor aggie fans have been tricked into actually thinking they’re just like OU now.

Kinda looks like a program….smells like a…..well…it smells like somethin’ in Stoolwater.

Keep pretending little brother.

stoopified
11/2/2010, 12:47 PM
Osu football tradition? That is an oxymoron.

Sooner_Tuf
11/2/2010, 01:17 PM
You left out the part about the "real" pistol pete Frank Eaton. He was an old drunk blowhard that made up lots of stories about being a gunfighter in the old west. The pokes bought it all and made him their hero. Pretty cool except that none of his stories are true.

In a way T Boone is like Frank Eaton reincarnated. Maybe they could use his head as a mascot.

OUmillenium
11/2/2010, 01:33 PM
Nope, his head is way too big.

MichiganSooner
11/2/2010, 07:18 PM
THIRD DOWN AND A LONG ONE......FOR THE VISITORS!!!!!!!

Whet
11/2/2010, 07:50 PM
Unnatural acts with farm animals?

OU Engineer
11/2/2010, 07:50 PM
I would make a shirt that says:

"80-15-7 isn't a rivalry, it's a beat down"

but the aggys arent worth the t shirt I would print it on.

soonercastor
11/2/2010, 07:56 PM
I assume they are referring to the Big XII South? 7/0=infinity.

Heck, half of the Big XII South won the division in 2008 and they weren't one of those teams.

yankee
11/2/2010, 08:19 PM
is sucking a tradition?

Judge Smails
11/2/2010, 08:30 PM
Didn't they steal the horse/rider thing from Tech also?

What about "THE WALK"? Didn't Miles start that someplace else first?

cleller
11/3/2010, 08:28 AM
Didn't they steal the horse/rider thing from Tech also?

What about "THE WALK"? Didn't Miles start that someplace else first?

Geez, remember Schnellenbergermeister forcing Eric Mitchell and company to march to the stadium?

OSU and KSU fans/students remind me so much of each other. Very small-time. I have to admit they really participate in the game, but they are just pitiful.

seaquesix
11/3/2010, 09:39 PM
Geez, remember that old drunkmeister forcing Eric Mitchell and company to march to the stadium?

OSU and KSU fans/students remind me so much of each other. Very small-time. I have to admit they really participate in the game, but they are just pitiful.

Yeah, Shnelly liked to compare the walk down Asp to "the Romans walking down Aspian way". What he meant was "Appian Way". That guy was just comical.

OSUAggie
11/4/2010, 09:05 AM
****ton of ignorance in this thread.

Oh well.

We'll have the South wrapped up by the 20th.

texaspokieokie
11/4/2010, 09:11 AM
In a way T Boone is like Frank Eaton reincarnated. Maybe they could use his head as a mascot.[/QUOTE]

how is he like eaton ??

your attitude mite be different if he gave 300 mil to OU.

kbsooner21
11/4/2010, 09:14 AM

Oh well.

Oh little bro, you'd think you'd have learned by now :rolleyes:

OKLA21FAN
11/4/2010, 09:16 AM
Oh well.

and so it begins :pop:

Outopia
11/4/2010, 09:30 AM
They stole their ticket policy from "Iowa State". Let that sink in, "IOWA STATE".:stunned:

Now, being the highest price team to watch in all of College Football, while not being worth that price, is original though.[hairGel]

SoonerPr8r
11/4/2010, 09:36 AM
THIRD DOWN AND A LONG ONE......FOR THE VISITORS!!!!!!!

That reminds me of when my inlaws went to the UGA/Oragne Aggie game last year. They came back saying it was like a town full of freaks and complained about the announcer calling them the "visitors" instead of Georgia. My Mother in-law said "What are they some sort of high school team or can they just not read?"

Boarder
11/4/2010, 10:12 AM

Oh well.

Decembuary 20th? Of what mythical year?

badger
11/4/2010, 10:16 AM

Oh well.

Hey, at least he didn't say that you stole your mascot from Texas A&M... or any of the five D-1 schools that are called the "Tigers" ... or Jerry Jones :D

See, we know our Poke history... or as much as we care to... and then skew it a little... for humor purposes :stunned:

Also, when you report back to OP.com, please make sure your fellow Pokes are not using the following logic: OSU > A&M > OU, because see, we haven't lost yet, nor do we intend to. 60+ points scored on Ag during the last two meetings (home AND away, mind you) will give you that Gooner arrogance :D

And even if we do, you guys got JJ, we have Tannehill, so we won't have someone to gift us a late-game INT to set up the winning field goal... and you guys were at home :P

Gaawwwww, why am I arguing about this? Love ya, resident Poke! :)

meoveryouxinfinity
11/4/2010, 01:51 PM
Wow really. What does OSU do to incite so much hate in some of you Sooners? It's not like they have scoreboard...ever..

seaquesix
11/6/2010, 01:30 PM
Wow really. What does OSU do to incite so much hate in some of you Sooners? It's not like they have scoreboard...ever..

They breathe the same air as me for starters. Wouldn't call it "hate" though....Pity Actually. Wouldn't care at all if I didn't have to listen to their crap throughout the season.

They'd just be easier to ignore if we euthanized their dreams earlier in the year.

cleller
11/6/2010, 02:24 PM
Pity is a good word.

I remember in HS, 1978 I think, OSU beat OU. OSU loser fans had "poor sooner" shirts made up.
If beating OU once every 20 years or so makes you so proud you have t-shirts made, you are pitiful.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 02:28 PM
Gotta love tradition......

Only days after the end of the school's second straight 10-win season, OSU and the NCAA released the results of an unusual joint investigation. The report detailed a staggering litany of misconduct dating to before the Johnson era, principally involvement in a "bidding war" for high school phenom Hart Lee Dykes. The Cowboys were slapped with four years' probation, a three-year bowl ban and a two-year ban from live television. However, the most serious long-term sanction was a limit of 20 scholarships from 1989 to 1992. As a result of the sanctions, the Cowboys only had one winning season from 1989 to 2001.

silverwheels
11/6/2010, 03:36 PM
Hey, OSU is only 4 wins away from making it to .500 all-time.

badger
11/6/2010, 03:38 PM
Gotta love tradition......

The better part of that is the fact that they like to call attention to our cheating ways when in fact they also have a little bit questionable past.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 03:39 PM
The better part of that is the fact that they like to call attention to our cheating ways when in fact they also have a little bit questionable past.

Yep. If you tell them about it they think you're making it up because most of them haven't followed their team ever. As soon as you show them proof they say...."Whatever...you suck!".

Statalyzer
11/6/2010, 03:39 PM

Sorry, cowboy, but as a Horn fan who would like to see OSU destroy OU - these Sooners are right about your plethora of 'traditions' that were established by waiting around to see what other schools did that seemed cool and then calling it your own.

StoopTroup
11/6/2010, 03:45 PM

Oh well.

....and you (another ton of ingorance) just added weight to the real tradition that is the reality of this thread.

SoonerBacker
11/6/2010, 03:47 PM

They constantly run their mouths. They have no tradition and they have no football heritage, but they attempt to pretend that they do. I have been treated worse by sheephumpers while on the stoolwater campus and just in everyday contact than any * fan has ever treated me during the annual trip to Dallas. I have had things thrown at me (even had one of their outfielders threw a baseball at me at the Bricktown Ballpark), have seen tires slashed on a car bearing OU decals, and the other sheephumpers applaud such behavior. The ones who don't claim that they are treated that way by Sooner fans and therefore excuse it.