PDA

View Full Version : Heyyyyy STEP

Collier11
11/2/2010, 12:14 PM
Its the 1st 'rack STEPs brain' thread of the football season. What are you hearing about the prospects of the following guys and whether some might stay or go...

Kendall Hunter-Okie St

Noel Devine-WVU

Tyrod Taylor-Va Tech

DaQuan Bowers-Clemson

Daniel Thomas-Kst

Quizz Rodgers-Oregon St

Jeff Fuller-A&M

Michael Floyd-Notre Dame

Randall Cobb-Kentucky

Julio Jones-Bama

Ricky Stanzi-Iowa

Greg McElroy-Bama

Scott Tolzien-Wisconsin

Ricky Elmore-Zona

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 12:48 PM
Kendall Hunter-Okie St-A healthy KH is a early 3rd round pick IMO...great college player..doesn't translate over in the league that well

Noel Devine-WVU- Same thing..KH is built a little better to balance out the lack of size, but Devine is faster..has to get on the edge to be effective...Maybe a late 2nd but probably 3-4th and get some time as a KR

Tyrod Taylor-Va Tech-Probably a 6 maybe a 7th round pick...Somebody will take a chance on him just because of his raw skill set(size, speed, arm strength)

DaQuan Bowers-Clemson-If he leaves, probably a first round pick...what scares me about him is that he really only has had a decent year, which is this one...has the size though

Daniel Thomas-Kst- Really needs a good 40 time to break into the 1st round...Runs a lot like DM(one-cut runner) with a little better acceleration through the hole...could fall into the late 2nd or early 3rd with a slow time

Quizz Rodgers-Oregon St-very intriguing pick....I'm saying 5th round due to size....one thing you get out of him though is a RB/KR/ who can catch the ball out of the backfield..really a dexter mccluster type of back, somebody may jump on him earlier..maybe into the late 2nd if he can test well.

Jeff Fuller-A&M-First of all another WR who has already talked about coming back to school...how not expected...anyhoo, Right up with Floyd this year...1st round pick most likely with all the physical tools

Michael Floyd-Notre Dame-1st round pick for sure...same as Fuller...in fact they swap position rankings by the time the season is over...

Randall Cobb-Kentucky-WR/PR/RB I probably say a 2nd round to early 3rd right now...I think whoever gets this kid is going to get a special athlete.

Julio Jones-Bama- Top 15 pick probably...big target with great speed...Another 6'3 plus big WR..

Ricky Stanzi-Iowa- smart player...probably not one of the more gifted QBs...I say 5th-6th round

Greg McElroy-Bama-Probably not drafted...Nothing special about GM

Scott Tolzien-Wisconsin-could be another Badger backup somewhere...probably 6th round is being generous...

Ricky Elmore-Zona-Some have him late, late(6th or 7th) but Im gonna go ahead and say he tests out well and gets a late 4th or 5th

Collier11
11/2/2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks bud, I agree about Cobb, the dude is electric

Collier11
11/2/2010, 12:57 PM
Do you think Taylors improved QB play and accuracy this year has moved him into the draft or was he always a late rounder?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 01:06 PM
I think always....you get a kid with the raw skills he has and there is a quarterback coach somewhere saying "Give me a chance with him." I wouldn't doubt somebody like Miami picking him up late

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 02:24 PM
I see AJ Green is on top of about everybody's draft board right now...He may be the most talented player in the draft, but highly unlikely the top pick

Collier11
11/2/2010, 02:33 PM
Top pick gotta be Luck unless Buffalo decides to go with Fitzpatrick I would think

I think anyone who drafts Locker 1st round is an idjit, same as I thought about Boller. Seems too obvious

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 02:40 PM
Jake Locker will be a first round pick...now how early in the 1st, I dunno..

The dude has played some crappy football, but Stafford played a lot of crappy football his last year and it didn't matter...

Collier11
11/2/2010, 02:41 PM
I just dont see it with Locker, there is something missing IMO

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 02:47 PM
As far as what kind of player he is going to be, I have no idea...The key to what kind of player he turns out to be is what team picks him...I've been going through a list of high quarterback draft picks over the years and seeing how many coaches and OCs they've went through from college to pro and the guys with the most success are guys with the fewest coaching changes..

Poor Jason Campbell

Scott D
11/2/2010, 02:56 PM
damn you Campbell is playing well now :P

Collier11
11/2/2010, 02:56 PM
Big game this Sunday STEP, we will have a rivalry watch party thru our computers

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 02:58 PM
damn you Campbell is playing well now :P

He did Sunday....BTW since leaving high school 10 years ago, he has had 9 different OCs

Scott D
11/2/2010, 02:59 PM
Big game this Sunday STEP, we will have a rivalry watch party thru our computers

plunders > pimps again. :)

Scott D
He did Sunday....BTW since leaving high school 10 years ago, he has had 9 different OCs

7 of those were in Washington, no?

Collier11
Im talking Chiefs vs Raidahs

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 03:00 PM

Me and Scott had a great matchup last week...I'll be playing the opposite manning brother next time..and mcfadden!

That by far is the worst FF team I have this year..that league is a logjam up top

Scott D
11/2/2010, 03:02 PM
lol...and I won't leave the law firm on the bench in favor of the soon to be cut marshawn lynch.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 03:05 PM
Im talking Chiefs vs Raidahs

Oh yeah....can't believe we are 1st and 2nd place....4-4 at the half way point for us is a miracle

Collier11
11/2/2010, 03:06 PM
just like the AFC West should be

Scott D
11/2/2010, 03:07 PM
with Denver at the bottom? Oh hell yeah.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 03:11 PM
59-14...that was allsome

Scott D
11/2/2010, 03:12 PM
Maybe Rolando McClain will speak to the media this week....I know if I was out there I'd go to the game.

NormanPride
11/2/2010, 03:46 PM
Any good 3-4 ILBs this year?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 04:04 PM
Nothing super really NP....Sturdivant out at NC....Some have mentioned the Jones kid out of Michigan State, but he fits the 4-3 more....The rs soph Hightower out of Alabama..

Probably the best out of the bunch is Martez Wilson from Illinois...has a lot of range, can get pressure on the quarterback and can cover great for a 6'4 250lb player...can even play STs well....

Overall not a great class though...not a Patrick WIllis or one of those types in the bunch

NormanPride
11/2/2010, 04:36 PM
:(

yankee
11/2/2010, 05:36 PM
I got some more prospects that I have questions about for you STEP...if you don't mind..

Andy Dalton- TCU

Stephen Garcia- Souf Carolina

Nick Foles- Zona

Case Keenum- Houston

also, were NFL scouts interested in Jerrod Johnson at aggy before this season/surgery? and if they were interested, is there still any left?

thanks step <3

stoops the eternal pimp
11/3/2010, 08:33 AM
Andy Dalton- TCU- Nothing jumps out about Dalton as far as measurables and ability...probably a 5th-6th round pick

Stephen Garcia- Souf Carolina- needs to come back...if he can continue to improve, possible mid round pick up somewhere...Interviews will make or break him as he is still perceived as a head case

Nick Foles- Zona- needs another year....a 5th or 6th round pick with potential to move into the 2nd if he stays and continues to improve

Case Keenum- Houston- FYI, Houston has petitioned the NCAA for a 6th year for Keenum...A healthy Case Keenum was a late pick, probably at this point an UDFA