PDA

View Full Version : Danielle Robinson

Collier11
11/2/2010, 11:50 AM
PreSeason All American

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=5755945

Connecticut's Maya Moore is the second player to be a two-time unanimous choice on The Associated Press' women's basketball preseason All-America team.

The senior received all 40 votes from the national media panel and joined Alana Beard as the only women to accomplish the feat.

Brittney Griner of Baylor, Nnemkadi Ogwumike of Stanford, Jantel Lavender of Ohio State, and Danielle Robinson of Oklahoma are the other members of the team announced Tuesday.

Moore has already made the postseason All-America team in her first three years and was the AP's player of the year as a sophomore. She averaged 18.9 points and 8.3 rebounds last season in helping UConn to a second straight 39-0 record. The Huskies are once again No. 1 in the preseason poll.

badger
11/2/2010, 12:06 PM
This is a tremendous honor, even if it means your name is in the same sentence as Brittney Griner :mad:

Congrats to D-Rob. :)

the_ouskull
11/8/2010, 11:08 PM
This is a tremendous honor, even if it means your name is in the same sentence as Brittney Griner :mad:

What did that dude ever do to you?

Hey, by the way, at the (women's) game the other night? The OCU game? The girl who lit OU up a bit? I coached her during her senior year of high school. I have her younger brother (who was at that game; his first OU experience) in my class now.

Oh, basketball.

the_ouskull

NormanPride
11/9/2010, 10:01 AM
Congrats on the coaching, skull! Of course, it's easy to coach when you have great players... ;)

And we dislike Griner because of the punching, mostly. And because Baylor. Always because Baylor.