PDA

View Full Version : ESPN on X-Box

SoonerPr8r
11/1/2010, 10:54 PM
The application just started today. I am currently watching the OU Colorado game. All you need is an X-Box Live gold account. It has a pretty cool interface and you will be able to watch live games on it as well

badger
11/2/2010, 10:22 AM
I agree, it is pretty cool

ouleaf
11/2/2010, 11:20 AM
This just might be the end of cable/satellite for me when my contract runs up. About the only thing that has kept me on the hook has been the absence of live sports. If ESPN can offer a good amount of streaming sports through there, I might be set with that, Netflix streaming, and supposedly Hulu should be making an appearance on XBox Live as well soon.

badger
11/2/2010, 11:28 AM
Leaf - I should warn you and everyone else that loves OU football that there are limits to ESPN3 and thus, likely the same limits on ESPN on Xbox.

If a game is broadcast locally on ABC or ESPN, it's blacked out on ESPN3.com. I would imagine these games would also be blocked on Live as well.

In addition, you can't watch replays or live of games broadcast by a competing network (i.e. FSN), so alas, couldn't pull up the Baylor beatdown of Texas on Xbox.

Don't cut the cable too quickly :)

Soonermagik
11/2/2010, 11:31 AM
I'll have to check that out... thanks for the heads up. Anyone getting Black Ops in a few days?

badger
11/2/2010, 11:37 AM
Anyone getting Black Ops in a few days?

NP will buy a new EA Sports NCAA Football game every year, but fortunately, has not succumbed to getting a new Call of Duty game every year... yet...

SoonerPr8r
11/2/2010, 11:46 AM
Not a COD fan. I am still playing Reach a lot

We-TownSooner
11/2/2010, 01:14 PM
wish i could use espn on there but sadly my internet provider is subscribed to them so i get to watch highlights which consists of people talking and looking at pictures

HBick
11/2/2010, 01:54 PM
Leaf - I should warn you and everyone else that loves OU football that there are limits to ESPN3 and thus, likely the same limits on ESPN on Xbox.

If a game is broadcast locally on ABC or ESPN, it's blacked out on ESPN3.com. I would imagine these games would also be blocked on Live as well.

In addition, you can't watch replays or live of games broadcast by a competing network (i.e. FSN), so alas, couldn't pull up the Baylor beatdown of Texas on Xbox.

Don't cut the cable too quickly :)

Luckily, local games like that can be picked up by an HDTV antenna which I think has a better picture than cox. Maybe because it's broadcast in 1080P? I'm not sure though

badger
11/2/2010, 02:07 PM
It isn't every game that you can get cable. They only block out some of them (I think just ABC pickups). I discovered this when I tried to get a screenshot of something that just happened during either a Poke or an OU game that was on ABC - wouldn't let me do it.

Boomer38Sooner
11/2/2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah

For a guy without cable, this is absolutely amazing!!!