PDA

View Full Version : You know what's kinda unfortunate about Texas season so far?

colleyvillesooner
11/1/2010, 05:06 PM
Nothing.

It's freaking hilarious. That is all.

I know any given year OU can and will be down (2009), but I'm enjoying the **** out of this.

yankee
11/1/2010, 05:08 PM
you and everyone else. sh!t's hit the fan down there. and it is so. dang. funny.

texaspokieokie
11/1/2010, 05:08 PM
Me too !!!!!!!!!

badger
11/1/2010, 05:11 PM
If there's anything negative, they're effing with our strength of schedule. But, after all of that wining that they've done, it's nice to see them suffer occasionally like the rest of us.

SunnySooner
11/1/2010, 05:12 PM
If I'm having a bad day, I just go read the whorn boards for awhile. Perks me right up!! It's like keyboard Prozac. ;) :D :D :D

texaspokieokie
11/1/2010, 05:14 PM
it's all much better if you happen to live in tejas,such as me.

Cornfed
11/1/2010, 05:17 PM
It could only be better is they lost all their games but the Pokie game.

And won that one by 50 points.

Hot Rod
11/1/2010, 05:28 PM
I've enjoyed hearing from Texas* fans comparing our last year to theirs this year. It's really no comparison. I don't remember us losing @ home twice and once to the likes of Iowa State!

colleyvillesooner
11/1/2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah they compare Shipley and colt graduating to Bradford and gresham'ss injuries. Even the Austin Paper did the same.

One small difference: they knew all along those guys weren't coming back. We had zero prep for our injuries.

BillyBall
11/1/2010, 05:51 PM
They could only hope to make the Sun Bowl after the **** they talked last year when we went. It is great, schadenfreude is a beautiful thing.

oudivesherpa
11/1/2010, 06:14 PM
No their records not good enough for the Sun Bowl, they are going to the Poulan Weed Eater Bowl.

BillyBall
11/1/2010, 06:20 PM
No their records not good enough for the Sun Bowl, they are going to the Poulan Weed Eater Bowl.

Thus the message was prefaced with "they could only hope"...

sendbaht
11/1/2010, 06:29 PM
I have to say I am enjoying their season too.

Sad I am so loney I have to go to the horn site to read their misery after they lose. I'm sick I guess but I enjoy it.:)

I hope they lose agin this week.

sooner59
11/1/2010, 06:30 PM
If they go to a bowl, they will be freezing their *** off in the Yankee Pin Stripe Bowl.

stoopified
11/1/2010, 06:35 PM
HOPE THEY PULL OUT THE W VS. T BOONE STATE.YEAH I KNOW A WIN OVER A ONCE BEATEN OSU IS BETTER FOR OU BUT I LOATHE THE COWPUKES

Jacie
11/1/2010, 06:44 PM
They could only hope to make the Sun Bowl after the **** they talked last year when we went. It is great, schadenfreude is a beautiful thing.

The ballot is still out on whether or not the whorns will qualify for any bowl game this season . . .

Cornfed
11/1/2010, 06:46 PM
The ballot is still out on whether or not the whorns will qualify for any bowl game this season . . .

Maybe if they flew a banner at the ISU stadium.

CU Sooner
11/1/2010, 09:01 PM
it's all much better if you happen to live in tejas,such as me.

even better in austin. most whorn fans i work with are scared they might not even make a bowl. I don't think it is that bad but they only have one game left that they can pencil the W. Both aggies and k-state could beat them. i had one guy say wait til basketball starts. Best year to live in austin!:)
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

fadada1
11/1/2010, 09:05 PM
I've enjoyed hearing from Texas* fans comparing our last year to theirs this year. It's really no comparison. I don't remember us losing @ home twice and once to the likes of Iowa State!
to make it even better - they've lost 3 times at home this year. 3!!!! hell, it might take stoops till 2020 to lose 3 times TOTAL at home.

hawaii 5-0
11/1/2010, 09:28 PM
I would be happy if Texass lost the next four and Muschamp left for a Head Coach job at Cal Poly or Pacifica.

5-0

UTgradOUfan
11/1/2010, 10:04 PM
You got it right CU! Living in Austin has never been more fun. This stuff on their boards is not nearly as bad as the incoherent ranting rages heard on the radio. Three home losses in a row has turned them all into glue-sniffers. Apparently they all had gone out and bought the pre-season CF mags and bought into pre-season hype. This is some Devine justice that eventually comes to any program that puts out a media guide as gawdy as the whorns.

slh1234
11/1/2010, 11:01 PM
There is one unfortunate thing: They've won 4 games. That's 4 too many.

GottaHavePride
11/1/2010, 11:36 PM
The only unfortunate thing is that so far we have not made enough use of the word Schadenfreude.

47straight
11/1/2010, 11:52 PM
They beat Nebraska.

KantoSooner
11/2/2010, 07:52 AM
It truly is the gift that keeps on giving. I thought it was wonderful when we beat them, but even that pales in comparison to watching them receive a spanking from BAYLOR......AT HOME.
Who knows what this week will bring. I can hardly wait.

OUmillenium
11/2/2010, 09:08 AM
I prefer the jelly of the month club.

fwsooner22
11/2/2010, 09:40 AM
The system keeps me from laughing. They need to be 13-1 and the lone loss to be to us. That's the only way it benefits us. That being said. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 09:50 AM
karma...good luck trying to get into the sun bowl horns

fnulnu007
11/2/2010, 09:54 AM
I will admit that I do actually like the fact that Mack Brown called out his assistants and put them all on notice. Kind of makes me wish Stoops would do that every now and then. But yes, I am loving the misery that is the Texass season so far!!

BoomerJack
11/2/2010, 09:56 AM
It's unfortunate in that it will be over sometime in December, assuming they qualify for a bowl.

And then, of course, signing day will come around and we'll have to endure how great their new recruits are.

sooners818
11/2/2010, 12:21 PM
Baylor, UCLA, Iowa State - all at home? Kicked in the face by the Sooners in Dallas? Seems like a beautiful day in Austin! Now they are resorting to other contests they think they can win! The Fan of the Season contest by Fox Sports and McDonalds is going on now and they are doing all they can to win that one.....Sooners will prevail again! Help vote them on at Fan of the Season.com (http://www.fanoftheseason.com/entries/entry/?entryid=103)

OUEngr1990
11/2/2010, 01:12 PM
I think it's a lock that Stoops will NEVER lose 3 in a row at home. Heck, I'll bet he never loses 2 in a row at home. Then again, he may never lose at home period!!

OUEngr1990
11/2/2010, 01:13 PM
They beat Nebraska.

fluke

47straight
11/2/2010, 02:57 PM
fluke

Either way, it's unfortunate.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/2/2010, 03:34 PM
I love living in Texas this year! It has been so much fun!

By the way, I hear they have been playing "I'll Be Home For Christmas" at DKR lately.

Sooner98
11/2/2010, 03:51 PM
Anyone who ever backslides and starts feeling sorry or empathetic for what Texas is going through, this video will slap you back into sanity. Listen for the rather loud cheer from the Longhorn side when it was obvious Sam was hurt again:

Bd8fk834FnI

swardboy
11/2/2010, 03:57 PM
May they rot in BCS hell......

SCSooner71
11/3/2010, 05:21 AM
I tell you whats unfortunate....that they won 4 games.

Football Jim
11/3/2010, 11:32 AM
I have to say I did enjoy the whorns whipping the corn in Lincoln. Stunned huskers are funny.
What I really enjoyed and still smiling about was ISU going to Austin and bringing the whorns back to reality :texan:

reddfoxx
11/3/2010, 12:01 PM
Losing to Iowa State and Baylor at HOME!

Even a John Blake led team would be reeling after that!

OUthunder
11/3/2010, 12:18 PM
**** Texass!!! Losing to Baylor and ISU at home is far worse than what we did last year.

I hope that UT loses every game that they play this year (except for oSu) and then lose Muschump to A&M, and then Mack comes down with Syphilis, and retires to North Carolina, while Greg Davis is named the new HC.

ThinMan
11/3/2010, 04:23 PM
Stoops has never had a season as bad as Texas is having. The final records may be comparable with 2005 or 2009, but those teams did not play the same cupcake schedule. And between them they recorded only one home loss.

Sooner70
11/4/2010, 06:00 AM
I live/work near Houston, around a bunch of Hornfans & things aren't good. I was the brunt of their jokes last season with 5 losses, but at least OU had an excuse (not that Stoops used it--not his style) with the loss of Bradford, Gresham & a host of others.

Texas really doesn't have an excuse. The big fear among Hornfans here, & I'm talking long term season ticketholders....not just the causual sunshine fan, is that Gilbert is turning into another overhyped Cris Simms, but Mack will stick with him because of recruiting promises.

The big fall guy is OC Greg Davis. Most fans want him out. They want Dodds to retire as AD ad Mack to move up (all agree Mack would be good AD), and although some of the shine has come off Muschamp, they seem to want him elevated to HC. Generally, they seem to think this team is a bunch of 4-5 star underachievers.

Jacie
11/4/2010, 06:43 AM
Even if it turns your stomach, a lot of the same players will be back next season.

dwarthog
11/4/2010, 09:05 AM
Even if it turns your stomach, a lot of the same players will be back next season.

They have to be excited about those prospects.... :D

Bourbon St Sooner
11/4/2010, 09:38 AM
As I stated before, if we would have had * non-con schedule last year, we would have gone 10 - 3. We weren't nearly as bad last year as they are this year.

goingoneight
11/4/2010, 12:36 PM
Perfect Storm finally hit in Austin. I'm glad it's happening now and not after Saint Mack retired or retooled his staff. They're being exposed as overrated man-to-man, coach-to-coach this year. Thing is, had Colt or Vince been injured the way Sam and Jason White were or kicked off of tge team like Rawls or Bomar, Mack wouldn't have a job. They've had some damn good luck the last five years in "close" games. They've also had just enough clutch moment playmaking out of Colt and Vince that makes them appear much better than they are. It's good for the arrogant Tejas fans to see what everyone else has seen for awhile now. They'll be back, but I'm not sure that even after three home losses that they've truly fallen hard enough on their asses yet.
Oh, and that Baylor team could beat us just as easily as Missouri beat us if OUr guys don't grow up overnight. I see only one lock the rest of the year for us, the other three are definitely tossups.

colleyvillesooner
11/16/2010, 10:08 PM
Yep, still hilarious.

MyT Oklahoma
11/16/2010, 11:03 PM
Nothing.

I know any given year OU can and will be down (2009), but I'm enjoying the **** out of this.

Yep. :D

KNEE BRACE
11/16/2010, 11:38 PM
Nothing.

lol this is the post of the year. im stealing it and putting it on facebook.

85sooners
11/17/2010, 12:32 AM
:mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: :texan:

MeMyself&Me
11/17/2010, 08:00 AM
I just noticed that UTEP was bowl eligible and I LOL at the thought of UTEP going to a bowl and Tejas staying home.

colleyvillesooner
11/17/2010, 08:29 AM
I just noticed that UTEP was bowl eligible and I LOL at the thought of UTEP going to a bowl and Tejas staying home.

Oh, there some other ones that are just as funny:

Army
Central Florida
Baylor
Kentucky
Miami, OH
Navy
Northern Illinois
San Diego St
Southern Miss
Syracuse