PDA

View Full Version : Texas Benchwarmers

ATX Sooner
11/1/2010, 04:11 PM
Just when you thought they couldn't embarrass themselves any more....

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/76041-We-are-not-done-embarrassing-ourselves-...-yet

badger
11/1/2010, 04:18 PM
This is more of a bball thing. Would love it if Texas and other Big 12 teams underperformed and our guys could finish better than they did last season :)

soonercastor
11/1/2010, 04:18 PM
ROTFLMAO

Leroy Lizard
11/1/2010, 04:27 PM
The announcement is disingenuous. The object is to make the arena LOOK full when it really isn't. But they didn't want to say that.

I can hear the famous last words now: "But I was just keeping the seat warm! Look, here's my wristband! Honest, I didn't mean... (SMACK!!)"

jumperstop
11/1/2010, 04:29 PM
So what is our bball team going to do to fill seats when there is nobody there to move down from the nosebleeds?

Honestly though this just seems like a ploy to make the arena look more full during the game.

tfoolry
11/1/2010, 04:31 PM
I love the shirts....

http://wwgdd.spreadshirt.com/

jumperstop
11/1/2010, 04:41 PM
I love the shirts....

And you can also get it in green, brown, blue, and purple!! Those little known UT accent colors....:P

SunnySooner
11/1/2010, 04:57 PM
Good Lowered, some great quotes in that thread...

Dark days for Texas athletics. God help us all

Nonsense. We have not yet begun to defile ourselves.

Oh my god, STOP it Texas, jesus christ make this all stop. I thought it hurt losing the baseball and football championships and seeing the #1 basketball team self-destruct, now I just hope we even get a bowl and make the ncaa tourney, everybody **** off, everyone, ****.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Almost makes the pain of last year worth it to see these *******s suffer like this. Almost. But laughing at their misery is still WAY TOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2010, 05:04 PM
How incredibly wimpy.

StoopTroup
11/1/2010, 05:08 PM
I love the shirts....

I bet Martin has a website that looks similar to that someday.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/1/2010, 05:43 PM
:stunned:

What is going on? That place is utterly imploding. And I don't mean just the fans, who are rightfully beside themselves. But whoever is running the UT Athletic Dept. Marketing over there I seriously wonder if they are dropping acid over their lunch break every day.

Breadburner
11/1/2010, 05:56 PM
Thats going to be a cluster ****....lol.

sooner59
11/1/2010, 06:22 PM
Are they going to be offering these wristbands for the Florida Atlantic game?

:D

stoopified
11/1/2010, 06:30 PM
SADLY SOONERFANS READ A LOT LIKE THIS LAST YEAR.

sooner59
11/1/2010, 06:34 PM
There is a difference, though. A good percentage of OUr fanbase realized that 50% of our roster was injured, included the Heisman trophy winner and the biggest mismatch in football (Gresh). Texas just flat out sucks this year, and it has nothing to do with a significant amount of injuries. It has to do with their play and coaching. It was depressing for us because we just kept seeing guys getting hurt. It is more depressing for them because they are losing most of the their homes games due to them just getting their ***es handed to them. Its a good thing. :D

Herr Scholz
11/1/2010, 06:36 PM
They've been letting Mezzanine ticket holders squat in lower level seats for a few years now. The problem is the best seats go to the big donors for football and a lot of them live in Houston or Dallas or wherever and they don't come. A lot of hoops fans want them to separate the basketball tickets from the football donation - this is one of Rick Barnes' big wishes. The place seats 17K. It can look pretty cavernous when not full below.

BajaOklahoma
11/1/2010, 08:08 PM
:stunned:

What is going on? That place is utterly imploding. And I don't mean just the fans, who are rightfully beside themselves. But whoever is running the UT Athletic Dept. Marketing over there I seriously wonder if they are dropping acid over their lunch break every day.

Shhhhhh! We don't want them to figure out it is an OU grad ruining..... umm, running... their dept.