PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss Released by Vikings

sooner59
11/1/2010, 02:43 PM
I bet they move AD to WR.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5752939

Scott D
11/1/2010, 02:44 PM
Only team with weaker coaching leadership than the Vikings are the Cowboys.

agoo758
11/1/2010, 02:47 PM
Well... gee.... that was a waste.

oumartin
11/1/2010, 02:48 PM
yeah, they need to release chilly.

tommieharris91
11/1/2010, 02:48 PM
Annnd the Patriots make another shrewd move.

Collier11
11/1/2010, 02:49 PM
let me guess, Moss was questioning Favres ridiculous play?

starclassic tama
11/1/2010, 02:50 PM
wow i really don't understand this one... he must have been causing a lot of behind the scenes problems? even then, why release him just to have another team potentially use him against you?

Lott's Bandana
11/1/2010, 02:52 PM
Maybe his post-game salute to Belichick had something to do with it?

Collier11
11/1/2010, 02:53 PM
Yea I dont get it either, unlike TO, Moss has always been heralded as a good teammate, it seems his downfall has always been speaking down to management and occasionally taking a play off, I guess thats Favres job though

Cornfed
11/1/2010, 02:54 PM
I'll bet Dallas picks him up and puts him in at qtrback.

soonercastor
11/1/2010, 03:00 PM
There goes a third round pick lmao. What a waste of a draft pick.

Scott D
11/1/2010, 03:00 PM
Yea I dont get it either, unlike TO, Moss has always been heralded as a good teammate, it seems his downfall has always been speaking down to management and occasionally taking a play off, I guess thats Favres job though

Well, for one, Moss has never been a fan of talking to the media unlike TO. I have a feeling this has a lot more to do with Moss showing a bit 'too much' love for the Patriots than the TD he didn't catch.

Tedy Bruschi just took a shot at Chilly "If you've got a man for a head coach, and some solid leadership out of players, then you're getting a good man in Randy Moss"

I haven't decided if cutting Moss is Chilly's way of saying "look I got a pair of balls", or further proof that he doesn't.

batonrougesooner
11/1/2010, 03:01 PM
Maybe St. Louis could pick him up...

badger
11/1/2010, 03:02 PM
I watched the game half-heartedly yesterday. I mean, after the Packers win, everything else is just meh to me :D

What I saw was this:

First Randy Moss is running a deep route and he got tangled a little with the defensive back, so a flag gets thrown. Randy lets up on his route, knowing that the flag is thrown and kind of celebrating the fact that a flag is thrown... the ball sails right in front of where is letting up on, an easy catch if he was still looking for the ball.

The very next play, Favre gets dinged in the chin and carted of the field. It could be argued that had Randy done his job and caught the easy-to-catch ball instead of woo-wooing over the fact that he got a flag from a ref, then Favre might not have gotten carted off.

After the game, Randy apparently went off on Vikings coaches, calling Bill Hoodie the greatest football coach in the history of the Neffel, said the Vikings wouldn't listen to his sure-fire beat-the-Patriots insider gameplan, yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah, praise every Patriot teammate he ever had, g2g media, I'm never answering your questions again.

And you're asking why he's gone?!?!?!?!

Collier11
11/1/2010, 03:04 PM
when you give up a 3rd round pick, YES...the more important question is why the hell is Favre still playing when he has single handedly lost them a cpl of games this year by making absolutely idiotic throws

Scott D
11/1/2010, 03:06 PM
That's part of why I'm undecided on the Brad Childress having some balls thought.

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 03:09 PM
I wish Moss, ochohomo, and all the other buttwipe WRs in the NFL would go on Survivor - and not one of them survives. **** Moss.

soonerchk
11/1/2010, 03:11 PM
Saw this earlier and laughed. I'll keep laughing until Dallas picks him up, and then I'll start crying.

Collier11
11/1/2010, 03:12 PM
Oh cmon Dean, Ocho and Moss's teammates love them, they are reportedly hard workers and great locker room guys, now I will give you TO even though he continues to produce at a high level

Rickety_Syd
11/1/2010, 03:13 PM

That's what I was thinking. Then when Clayton comes back next season, you're looking at a solid 1 and 2 receiver combo.

Moss isn't done yet, he's only 33.

Scott D
11/1/2010, 03:14 PM
I wish Moss, ochohomo, and all the other buttwipe WRs in the NFL would go on Survivor - and not one of them survives. **** Moss.

eh, Moss isn't that bad. The problem in his case is that he's moody and needs to be surrounded by strong leadership. That's why he was liked in New England, and why he was in line.

I think he just realized how good he had it up there over the past month in that debacle known as the Vikings.

The scary thing is that apparently Dennis Green is a stronger leader than Brad Childress. And fwiw, I've decided that this move cements the fact that Childress if he does have balls has the smallest pair in the entire NFL.

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 03:15 PM
Oh cmon Dean, Ocho and Moss's teammates love them, they are reportedly hard workers and great locker room guys, now I will give you TO even though he continues to produce at a high level

I'd bet you a brazillion dollars that I could take out some of their teammates, get them likkered up, and they'd tell me how they really feel about these prima donna look-at-me thugs. Football is a team sport. When you've got one guy out there showboating/whining/pouting/blaming/primping/etc. it grates on you after a while. It doesn't matter how good of a player he might be. Nobody likes a squawking parrot.

Rickety_Syd
11/1/2010, 03:15 PM
I watched the game half-heartedly yesterday. I mean, after the Packers win, everything else is just meh to me :D

What I saw was this:

First Randy Moss is running a deep route and he got tangled a little with the defensive back, so a flag gets thrown. Randy lets up on his route, knowing that the flag is thrown and kind of celebrating the fact that a flag is thrown... the ball sails right in front of where is letting up on, an easy catch if he was still looking for the ball.
The very next play, Favre gets dinged in the chin and carted of the field. It could be argued that had Randy done his job and caught the easy-to-catch ball instead of woo-wooing over the fact that he got a flag from a ref, then Favre might not have gotten carted off.

After the game, Randy apparently went off on Vikings coaches, calling Bill Hoodie the greatest football coach in the history of the Neffel, said the Vikings wouldn't listen to his sure-fire beat-the-Patriots insider gameplan, yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah, praise every Patriot teammate he ever had, g2g media, I'm never answering your questions again.

And you're asking why he's gone?!?!?!?!

I couldn't believe that when I saw it. He was clearly satisfied at getting the flag and couldn't care less about actually catching the ball, which would have been an easy TD.

Collier11
11/1/2010, 03:16 PM
well in the high dollar business of NFL football, would you rather have the guy who can dominate but might run his mouth some or the guy who is pretty decent but toes the company line?

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 03:16 PM
He's "moody?" **** him, he's getting paid millions of $$. Strong leadership would kick his *** to the curb. There's a lot of great ball players out there who ain't PMSing all the damn time.

Scott D
11/1/2010, 03:17 PM
heh...likely candidates to pick Moss up off of waivers.

1. Buffalo Bills
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Kansas City Chiefs
4. Oakland Raiders
5. St. Louis Rams

StoopTroup
11/1/2010, 03:21 PM
Ocho's mouth overloaded his brain.

Scott D
11/1/2010, 03:21 PM
He's "moody?" **** him, he's getting paid millions of $$. Strong leadership would kick his *** to the curb. There's a lot of great ball players out there who ain't PMSing all the damn time.

Oh I agree that he's wasting his talent...but once again, you never heard about him causing problems in New England. The rumor about the haircut stuff and the coach fight didn't happen until he was traded to Minnesota. The general conclusion is that those rumors were started by the media to try and find a way to justify why the Pats would trade Moss away. In fact, the only thing you heard from Moss up there had to do with his contract, which wasn't much and was understandable since the guy was looking for an extension since he's a free agent after the year and wanted to remain in New England.

He didn't cause problems in Minnesota his first time around. Because of the leadership present in that locker room as well. He didn't cause problems in Oakland, he was just on a team that wasn't very talented. The problems he had in Minnesota this time around are because the head coach is weak.

Right now I'd wager that a waived Randy Moss has more respect in the Vikings locker room than Brad Childress does.

SoonerPr8r
11/1/2010, 03:24 PM
What espn nfl blogger thinks

The St. Louis Rams are 4-4 heading into their bye week, but they've got issues at wide receiver.

Moss
Donnie Avery, Mark Clayton and Dominique Curry are on injured reserve. Danario Alexander just underwent knee surgery. Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson are doing their best to pick up the slack, but the Rams are dangerously thin at the position.

Should they claim Randy Moss off waivers from the Minnesota Vikings, who planned to release him Monday?

Yes, they should.

Coach Steve Spagnuolo spent his first season on the job targeting low-risk, high-character types. This was the right move as the Rams remade their roster. The team now has enough leadership in place, including at quarterback, to consider taking some chances on higher-risk, high-reward players.

Moss fits the profile and his addition would instantly make the Rams a stronger player in the NFC West race. Sam Bradford badly needs a target with Moss' credentials. Even if the experiment produced underwhelming results, the Rams would be making only an eight-game investment. They wouldn't be messing with their long-term future. They could release Moss after one day or one week or anytime if things weren't working out.

Take a look around the NFC West. The Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers had trouble stopping long pass plays Sunday. Bradford-to-Moss is a combination the Rams' division opponents wouldn't want to face.

With Bradford under center, the Rams instantly salvaged Clayton's career, turning him into a relatively prolific receiver with big-play potential (Clayton still ranks among the NFL leaders in receptions covering at least 30 yards). The Rams' scheme benefited Clayton, for sure, and Clayton gets credit, too. He's a smart, conscientious player and a student of the game. Moss also knows the game well. He comes with baggage, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The Rams have worked hard to sell out home games. Making a play for Moss would show they're not settling for the status quo. The Rams considered signing Terrell Owens before the season. They should strongly consider claiming Moss and then waiting to see whether their claim holds up against any from teams with higher priority.

Note: I'm singling out the Rams as the prime candidate among NFC West teams, but if you think another team in the division should add him, by all means state your case.

Scott D
11/1/2010, 03:26 PM
fwiw, I'd take Moss over Owens.

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 03:28 PM

That's like saying I'd take cholera over dysentary. Why take either one? They're both sicknesses that will eventually infect their team.

Blue
11/1/2010, 03:28 PM
wow i really don't understand this one... he must have been causing a lot of behind the scenes problems? even then, why release him just to have another team potentially use him against you?

Bc Childress is a freakin baby and has no business being a Coach in the NFL.

What a moron. A 3rd round pick vanished into thin air.

I wish theyd trade AD.

Scott D
11/1/2010, 03:33 PM
That's like saying I'd take cholera over dysentary. Why take either one? They're both sicknesses that will eventually infect their team.

Why? There's a model already...strong coach personality, strong player leadership..You can squeeze 3-4 good years out of Moss (he is in his 30s), then part ways with him. Owens, you try to survive a single season with.

Say what you will about either of them, but right now Moss nearly worships Belichek. It almost borders on Keyshawn Johnson's worship of Bill Parcells. And quite honestly, Moss and Keyshawn are probably good comparisons, except for Moss being a deep threat and Keyshawn being a possession receiver.

Sometimes it's just a coach/player dynamic that can't be explained. I mean Mike Williams...yes that Mike Williams, the one who thought it'd be a good idea to ride the Clarett coattails to try to get in the NFL early and had to sit out a year playing no football, became a first round pick, and couldn't even survive on the roster of a bad Lions team before being cut is the #1 option in Seattle at WR. There's something about him playing for Pete Carroll that brings out the best in Williams.

Dwight
11/1/2010, 03:47 PM
Vikings, you are dumb. You are really dumb. Fo real.

Dwight
11/1/2010, 03:48 PM
But on the bright side, it would be 1337 if teh Ramz picked him up

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 03:53 PM
I sure as hell hope this POS doesn't get picked up by the Sams.

Scott D
11/1/2010, 03:58 PM
the only real negative I could say in regards to the Rams picking him up is just the fact that overall they are a very young team... If they were a strong Super Bowl contender I'd probably feel differently about him as a potential final piece.

NormanPride
11/1/2010, 04:06 PM
For eight games? The Rams' season is already a success, and no Moss suckitude can derail that. Getting him for eight games just means you can set yourself up for a run at the playoffs. Get in a winning mindset and next year will be easier.

Oh, and LOL Childress.

dwarthog
11/1/2010, 05:21 PM

Now that would be an interesting move. :pop:

badger
11/1/2010, 05:25 PM
I couldn't believe that when I saw it. He was clearly satisfied at getting the flag and couldn't care less about actually catching the ball, which would have been an easy TD.

I could, and I probably cracked a smile, knowing it was just Randy being Randy. It probably would have been written off as such had he made the TD grab on the next play, had Favre not gotten a broken chin (or whatever that was), had he not gone on a post-game rant.

Randy's been taking plays off for Minnesota for years. He chose the absolute wrong time to take a play off.

Breadburner
11/1/2010, 05:47 PM
Must of had a bigger dick than Favre......

sooner59
11/1/2010, 06:50 PM
Maybe he told Favre his Crocks looked ridiculous.

okiedokie
11/1/2010, 07:26 PM
I would sure love for the Bears to pick him up

soonercastor
11/1/2010, 07:27 PM
Apparently the move hasn't been official yet, and it appears that Childress may be fired and Moss might stay

Blue
11/1/2010, 07:37 PM
Apparently the move hasn't been official yet, and it appears that Childress may be fired and Moss might stay

That would be the best move. Favre and Moss, both proven winners on the field, think Childress is a moran.

Collier11
11/1/2010, 07:41 PM
Why? There's a model already...strong coach personality, strong player leadership..You can squeeze 3-4 good years out of Moss (he is in his 30s), then part ways with him. Owens, you try to survive a single season with.

Say what you will about either of them, but right now Moss nearly worships Belichek. It almost borders on Keyshawn Johnson's worship of Bill Parcells. And quite honestly, Moss and Keyshawn are probably good comparisons, except for Moss being a deep threat and Keyshawn being a possession receiver.

Sometimes it's just a coach/player dynamic that can't be explained. I mean Mike Williams...yes that Mike Williams, the one who thought it'd be a good idea to ride the Clarett coattails to try to get in the NFL early and had to sit out a year playing no football, became a first round pick, and couldn't even survive on the roster of a bad Lions team before being cut is the #1 option in Seattle at WR. There's something about him playing for Pete Carroll that brings out the best in Williams.

What would be great and would truly exemplify the fail that is Minnesota and Childress is if Moss resigned with the Pats. Pats get a free 3rd rd pick and Moss back :D

OUthunder
11/1/2010, 07:49 PM
I'm a Viking fan but Childress is an ******* and has to be one of the worst HC in the NFL beyond Phillips.

bluedogok
11/1/2010, 10:04 PM
Only team with weaker coaching leadership than the Vikings are the Cowboys.
As a Broncos fan I would have to include them in that group as well.

Any day of the week....also over TFRW.

Scott D
11/2/2010, 11:32 AM
I dunno bluedog, Josh McDaniels has done a solid job of asserting that he's in charge, even to the detriment of the roster.

dwarthog
11/2/2010, 11:43 AM
heh...likely candidates to pick Moss up off of waivers.

1. Buffalo Bills
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Kansas City Chiefs
4. Oakland Raiders
5. St. Louis Rams

Dallas picking up Moss would be an all time bonehead move IMO, with the receiving core they have.

Collier11
11/2/2010, 11:46 AM
Plus, why pick him up if youre not going anywhere? Doesnt make a whole lot of sense

Scott D
11/2/2010, 11:50 AM
Only makes sense if you're going to go through with getting rid of TFRW.

Wasn't TFRW's best game this season against Houston?

sooneron
11/2/2010, 11:50 AM
Spags is a much more ballsy coach than the shell of a coach that Childress is.

bluedogok
11/2/2010, 12:11 PM
I dunno bluedog, Josh McDaniels has done a solid job of asserting that he's in charge, even to the detriment of the roster.
Asserting your authority and knowing what to do with it are two completely different things.

Scott D
11/2/2010, 12:41 PM
True enough, but I don't think dumb/boneheaded = weak at least in regards to coaches. I'd have a hard time believing Childress stands up to his own children.

We-TownSooner
11/2/2010, 01:20 PM
don't know if this has been seen but this might have been another reason http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5755561

sooneron
11/2/2010, 02:27 PM
Because of a restaurant diss? Uh, yeah...

It's because Chilly is a tard. Great waste of a 3rd round pick. Most peeps up here are saying that he goes to StL, or Seattle. Either makes sense as they are on the bubble and could use someone. The Rams Really need someone. Their sched. toughens up in the 2nd half.

sooner59
11/2/2010, 02:30 PM
Straight cash homey!

Collier11
11/2/2010, 02:34 PM
Because of a restaurant diss? Uh, yeah...

It's because Chilly is a tard. Great waste of a 3rd round pick. Most peeps up here are saying that he goes to StL, or Seattle. Either makes sense as they are on the bubble and could use someone. The Rams Really need someone. Their sched. toughens up in the 2nd half.

I just cant believe it the more and more I think about it, even if you were mad about something he did, you gave up a frickin 3RD RD PICK for him, those type picks arent just dispensable

I think the Rams would be a good fit, they are competing for a playoff spot in a bad division so he could possibly really help

Joe Kane
11/2/2010, 02:41 PM
You just might be right Mr. Collier.

Scott D
11/2/2010, 02:54 PM
I find it curious that the media hasn't picked up on the fact that not only did Moss diss the coaching staff, but Harvin in a much more subtle way questioned Childress' decisions...yeah he hasn't lost that locker room in the least ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 02:55 PM
I think Randy Moss is through being a help to anybody

Scott D
11/2/2010, 02:58 PM
you also thought that Charles Rogers was a pro bowl caliber receiver ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 03:03 PM
No

Scott D
11/2/2010, 03:04 PM
that must have been your evil twin stop.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2010, 03:07 PM
Even if I did think that, I didn't know that he loved to smoke every day and that his collarbone was made of glass

Scott D
11/2/2010, 03:08 PM
well to be fair, he likes to get his drank on and fall asleep at traffic lights also.

badger
11/2/2010, 04:05 PM
The way Moss reportedly dissed the mom-pop restaurant that catered the team meal is bad. I'm wearing purple to work in honor of the Vikings releasing this punk. Still not a fan of Minny, but I heartedly endorse this decision... even though the end of this (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5755561) article says the owner is not happy with this move.

Scott D
11/2/2010, 04:50 PM
The owner isn't happy because Chilly made the move on his own without letting his higher ups know. Basically, the owner found out same way the rest of us did...via the media.

NormanPride
11/2/2010, 04:59 PM
Maybe Chilly should find out he's not the coach anymore in a similar fashion.

Scott D
11/2/2010, 05:01 PM
he may yet do that.

badger
11/2/2010, 05:22 PM
The owner isn't happy because Chilly made the move on his own without letting his higher ups know. Basically, the owner found out same way the rest of us did...via the media.

I'm not a smart man[/gump]

sooneron
11/2/2010, 11:27 PM
I'm awaiting Chilly's unceremonious dumping.

Norman Tugwater
11/2/2010, 11:40 PM
I would like each and every one of you to know that Mr. Moss has me on retainer. It's on!

sooneron
11/2/2010, 11:40 PM
WTF?

Collier11
11/2/2010, 11:41 PM
I talked to AD, he said its cool Norman

Scott D
11/3/2010, 05:13 PM
Sidney Rice being taken off the PUP list today. (makes this Moss drop even more non-coincidental), and Moss being picked up by the Titans (definitely strong coach in that situation, and allows Moss to replace Britt).

Collier11
11/3/2010, 07:33 PM
yep, if Moss can still be effective in the NFL and keep his mouth shut it will be with Jeff Fisher cus you know his players have his back