11/1/2010, 11:38 AM
I guess they couldn't figure out a reason to put us at #11

http://espn.go.com/college-football/powerrankings

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2010, 11:40 AM
The slot was open.

boomersooner28
11/1/2010, 12:24 PM
Does anyone here think we are any better than #11? I'd say right about 10. 11 isn't bad. We're one year away.

Sooner98
11/1/2010, 12:28 PM
We're right where we deserve to be.

bmjlr
11/1/2010, 12:32 PM
I don't have a problem either with #11...win out and OU will move up. Also agree with one year away.

cyclonesooner
11/1/2010, 01:25 PM
I don't really see Ohio State or Stanford being ranked ahead of us based on their performance this year.

jumperstop
11/1/2010, 01:39 PM
I don't really see Ohio State or Stanford being ranked ahead of us based on their performance this year.

I don't know Stanford's schedule, but tOSU's schedule is CRAP!!! Every game I have to see them play (normally cause it's the only one on at 1130) they are playing a team that they terribly out match. Pretty much every oppenent they've played so far they should have hung 50 on easy.

soonercastor
11/1/2010, 01:47 PM
I'm tired of this "one year away" argument; we certainly will be better, but so will some of the other teams returning starters and the competition will be better than this year's.

jumperstop
11/1/2010, 01:54 PM
I'm tired of this "one year away" argument; we certainly will be better, but so will some of the other teams returning starters and the competition will be better than this year's.

THIS, please stop with the one year away crap. Were not ****ing poke state! I don't see what's wrong with this year, if things fall our way I'll take a trip to the NCG. Yeah we might be better next year, but we aren't too bad this year. We have problems and so does every team, so stfu with the next year crap.

Cornfed
11/1/2010, 02:03 PM
The more they underestimate us, the better we usually do. I say put us at 20.

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2010, 03:00 PM

No one said there would not be competition - there always is. The observation is that this year's team *right now* is not on par with the very elite. You can argue that point if you like, but there is plenty of evidence to support it. The "one year away" is the optimistic view that we'll be right up there with the very best next season. Obviously that's not a given, but I can see why folks believe that given the talent of the young players. I don't see looking forward to next year as any negative statement on this year unless you believe this squad should be sitting at #1/2 of the BCS. Also, teams can get on a roll and this squad has 5 or 6 games remaining to try to make that happen.

jumperstop
11/1/2010, 03:05 PM
No one said there would not be competition - there always is. The observation is that this year's team *right now* is not on par with the very elite. You can argue that point if you like, but there is plenty of evidence to support it. The "one year away" is the optimistic view that we'll be right up there with the very best next season. Obviously that's not a given, but I can see why folks believe that given the talent of the young players. I don't see looking forward to next year as any negative statement on this year unless you believe this squad should be sitting at #1/2 of the BCS. Also, teams can get on a roll and this squad has 5 or 6 games remaining to try to make that happen.

I think what he's getting at though is that it seems a lot of people have "given up" on this year. It's like the season isn't satisfying to them unless we win every game by 40 points. Maybe just enjoy this season and see where we end up. Personally I'm excited about next year, but next year isn't the season of football we are playing so I'll be happy to sit back and worry about this season and will deal with next season starting in January.

soonercastor
11/1/2010, 03:07 PM

No I don't believe we should be sitting at #1/2 of the BCS right now, but it's NOT December yet and there are 4 (potentially 5) games left and that is a lot of games to improve. We can't start looking at next year when we don't even know how we're going to finish this year + who will leave for the NFL, just too many factors. If you say let the season play out, yes I agree; but just giving up and saying next year is the year is ridiculous at this moment.

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2010, 03:13 PM
I think what he's getting at though is that it seems a lot of people have "given up" on this year. It's like the season isn't satisfying to them unless we win every game by 40 points. Maybe just enjoy this season and see where we end up. Personally I'm excited about next year, but next year isn't the season of football we are playing so I'll be happy to sit back and worry about this season and will deal with next season starting in January.

I guess I don't assume they have "given up" since they are still watching the games and posting here ;) And it is exciting to watch a team developing with young players knowing they will be back. It's also exciting when you have that veteran team making their run, but you know "this is it" because too many of your stars are seniors or certain to bolt to the NFL. Just different.

boomersooner28
11/1/2010, 03:17 PM
THIS, please stop with the one year away crap. Were not ****ing poke state! I don't see what's wrong with this year, if things fall our way I'll take a trip to the NCG. Yeah we might be better next year, but we aren't too bad this year. We have problems and so does every team, so stfu with the next year crap.

Some of you people are really retarded.

oumartin
11/1/2010, 03:25 PM
No really, go back and look. Everyone was talking it up for this year after OU won a couple of games. This is the year. blah blah. Then, ya lose and a game and it's oh, well we were a year away anyhow. Lame

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2010, 03:26 PM
No I don't believe we should be sitting at #1/2 of the BCS right now, but it's NOT December yet and there are 4 (potentially 5) games left and that is a lot of games to improve. We can't start looking at next year when we don't even know how we're going to finish this year + who will leave for the NFL, just too many factors. If you say let the season play out, yes I agree; but just giving up and saying next year is the year is ridiculous at this moment.

I think you just repeated what I said. Except I said 5 or 6 games left because we are already bowl eligible. And I said we could get on a roll in those remaining games.

But you are dead wrong about not being able to look forward to next year. I checked the FAQ and we can look forward 10 years if want. There are threads on how long Stoops will stay all the time. We can look forward to recruiting the offspring of current players if we want to look that far - the possibilities are endless.

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2010, 03:29 PM
No really, go back and look. Everyone was talking it up for this year after OU won a couple of games. This is the year. blah blah. Then, ya lose and a game and it's oh, well we were a year away anyhow. Lame

There were many posters looking ahead and speculating about the '11 and '12 teams well before this season even started. Some of us are older than dirt and we take the long view. It is not lame.

jumperstop
11/1/2010, 03:40 PM
I guess I don't assume they have "given up" since they are still watching the games and posting here ;) And it is exciting to watch a team developing with young players knowing they will be back. It's also exciting when you have that veteran team making their run, but you know "this is it" because too many of your stars are seniors or certain to bolt to the NFL. Just different.

I understand completely what your saying. It's nicer to have a young talented team than a team with all seniors and juniors knowing that they'll be moving on. I just think it's dumb that anytime anyone says were still in the race for the MNC or something to that effect, a lot of people are like **** it, next year is our year. I'll all about looking to the future, but those who can't enjoy this season cause their too excited about the next are dumb.

SoonerMarkVA
11/1/2010, 03:44 PM

It does have a certain aggy quality to it. It also ignores losses. E.g., I'm a bit uncomfortable thinking of our D without Beal and T. Lewis, personally.

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2010, 03:51 PM
It does have a certain aggy quality to it. It also ignores losses. E.g., I'm a bit uncomfortable thinking of our D without Beal and T. Lewis, personally.

I guarantee it's not aggy. When the aggies look ahead to future seasons, all they will see is more losses to OU :D

soonercastor
11/1/2010, 03:55 PM
When the aggies look ahead to future seasons, all they will see is more losses to OU :D

:eek: Isn't that who we lose to as well?

;)

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2010, 04:00 PM
:eek: Isn't that who we lose to as well?

;)

Fire BV!

:P