PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo You

3rdgensooner
11/1/2010, 11:08 AM
Why would you go to a tattoo artist with whom you've had an argument in the past?

Man charged over rude tattoo (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/26/3048490.htm)

Police at Ipswich west of Brisbane have charged a 21-year-old tattooist who is accused of putting an obscene picture on a customer's back instead of the image requested.

The 25-year-old customer wanted a yin and yang symbol and a dragon but instead was given a 40 centimetre tattoo of a penis and a rude slogan implying he was gay.

It is believed the pair had earlier been involved in an argument.

Police say the tattooist will appear in court next month charged with two counts of assault occasioning bodily harm and one charge relating to the Public Safety Act.

saucysoonergal
11/1/2010, 12:39 PM
I thought this was going to be a Rolling Stones thread. Color me depressed. ;)

VeeJay
11/1/2010, 06:19 PM
A fun but lacking effort following up to "Emotional Rescue."

As for the wiener tattoo, sh*t happens.

Okla-homey
11/1/2010, 07:18 PM
I don't get tattoos. It was a fad. Like big bell Levis. Unfortunately, if you partook of said fad, you are stuck with something that will just get uglier each passing year.

Leroy Lizard
11/1/2010, 07:22 PM
Why would you go to a tattoo artist

I have no idea.

StoopTroup
11/1/2010, 07:38 PM
If it's a requirement to be licensed...they should strip that idiot of his way of living IMO.

soonerboomer93
11/1/2010, 07:41 PM
I don't get tattoos. It was a fad. Like big bell Levis. Unfortunately, if you partook of said fad, you are stuck with something that will just get uglier each passing year.

Just like the Mona lisa continues to fade and gets uglier every year?

Just because it's a different art, doesn't mean that it's ugly. Tattoo's are a traditional art form in many cultures. Some people like them, some people don't. Some get them because they're a fad, some get them because they have meaning to them. To each their own.

Okla-homey
11/2/2010, 06:20 AM
Just like the Mona lisa continues to fade and gets uglier every year?

Just because it's a different art, doesn't mean that it's ugly. Tattoo's are a traditional art form in many cultures. Some people like them, some people don't. Some get them because they're a fad, some get them because they have meaning to them. To each their own.

Taste has nothing to do with it. Tattoos get uglier each year because they are not static in that they are printed on human skin that ages. The ink breaks down and the image blurs. They end up being blue blobs.

AlbqSooner
11/2/2010, 06:24 AM
I have no objection to people getting tattoos, and consider some really beautiful. However, I am grateful that I had the long hair, Big Bells and Tie Dyes. I really don't want to be stuck with any decisions I made at 19 or 20.

TUSooner
11/2/2010, 09:03 AM

Word. And worse -- it will define you for the rest of your life, no matter how you might want to change. Tattos even control the future, because people will stick to the message of their tattoos rather than admit they were fools to get them. 99% of tattoos are badges of ignorance. And for what? Usually just to impress other fools.

(Man, I'm feeling pretty Leroidy today.)

3rdgensooner
11/2/2010, 09:29 AM
http://ramblingfish.com/__oneclick_uploads/2008/08/grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud_001.jpg

Okla-homey
11/2/2010, 09:32 AM
If you get a tattoo on your face, head, neck, or hands, you are telling the world, "hey world, don't hire me because I'm an ignorant, rebellious, jackwagon."

The
11/2/2010, 09:39 AM
If you get a tattoo on your face, head, neck, or hands, you are telling the world, "hey world, don't hire me because I'm an ignorant, rebellious, jackwagon."

http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/captain-obvious.jpeg

soonerboomer93
11/2/2010, 10:27 AM
Taste has nothing to do with it. Tattoos get uglier each year because they are not static in that they are printed on human skin that ages. The ink breaks down and the image blurs. They end up being blue blobs.

It is possible to get the tattoo's refreshed. I know people who do it. Most people don't.

Word. And worse -- it will define you for the rest of your life, no matter how you might want to change. Tattos even control the future, because people will stick to the message of their tattoos rather than admit they were fools to get them. 99% of tattoos are badges of ignorance. And for what? Usually just to impress other fools.

(Man, I'm feeling pretty Leroidy today.)

Yup, I noticed everyone staring and giving me dirty looks because of my tat at the tailgate. I tell you, it was so uncomfortable.

Oh ****, that's right, you guys don't even know I have one.

oumartin
11/2/2010, 10:45 AM
Is it just me or is Jenni Carlson getting more bangable looking? Maybe I'm just getting older.

The
11/2/2010, 10:46 AM
Is it just me or is Jenni Carlson getting more bangable looking? Maybe I'm just getting older.

That's my wife, derschweiler.

oumartin
11/2/2010, 10:53 AM
you should do a search!

TUSooner
11/2/2010, 11:05 AM
It is possible to get the tattoo's refreshed. I know people who do it. Most people don't.

Yup, I noticed everyone staring and giving me dirty looks because of my tat at the tailgate. I tell you, it was so uncomfortable.

Having a tattoo no one knows about is like.....

Well, it's better than a face tattoo!

My comments were primarily directed to people who have their life story / family tree / cosmic visions tattooed all over in plain sight,
Plus, I left 1% for "other than stupid"
PLUS - IT'S A ****ING INTERNET RANT about my opinion, not a doctoral dissertation, so take it with a
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9762/saltbag.jpg

I know lots of people with tattoos. I think the tattos are dumb, but not necessarily the people. OTOH, I might think you were dumb even if you didn't have a tattoo. ;)

Leroy Lizard
11/2/2010, 11:06 AM
99% of tattoos are badges of ignorance. And for what? Usually just to impress other fools.

Word.

Essentially, it's a fad that arose from the prison/gang culture. The fact that people pay money to stamp themselves as Wal-mart trash is pretty amazing.

Leroy Lizard
11/2/2010, 11:09 AM

Getting a tattoo that no can see sorta contradicts the "tattoo as art" argument.

soonerboomer93
11/2/2010, 11:26 AM
Actually, it doesn't contradict it one bit.

Not every peice of art is meant for public consumption. Some times art is merely a personal and only meant for that person who created or purchased said art.

soonerboomer93
11/2/2010, 11:28 AM
Having a tattoo no one knows about is like.....

Well, it's better than a face tattoo!

My comments were primarily directed to people who have their life story / family tree / cosmic visions tattooed all over in plain sight,
Plus, I left 1% for "other than stupid"
PLUS - IT'S A ****ING INTERNET RANT about my opinion, not a doctoral dissertation, so take it with a
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9762/saltbag.jpg

I know lots of people with tattoos. I think the tattos are dumb, but not necessarily the people. OTOH, I might think you were dumb even if you didn't have a tattoo. ;)

and it was a reverse internet rant back at you.

Besides, you'd be suprised at the amount of professionals who do have tats, but you don't even know it.

Leroy Lizard
11/2/2010, 11:48 AM
Actually, it doesn't contradict it one bit.

Not every peice of art is meant for public consumption. Some times art is merely a personal and only meant for that person who created or purchased said art.

So it's on your butt and you can't see it unless you use a mirror. :rolleyes:

A tattoo essentially says, "Look at me! I am prone to spending money foolishly on a whim, no matter if I will regret it later! I'm off to Wal-Mart."

If I owned a company, I would not hire those with tattoos. It demonstrates foolish compulsiveness, a bad trait to have in an employee.

It's just a fad of the trailer trash. It will pass, and those that caught up in the fad will be stuck forever.

3rdgensooner
11/2/2010, 12:05 PM

A tattoo essentially says, "Look at me! I am prone to spending money foolishly on a whim, no matter if I will regret it later! I'm off to Wal-Mart."

If I owned a company, I would not hire those with tattoos. It demonstrates foolish compulsiveness, a bad trait to have in an employee.
If it's on their butt, you'll never know.

Do you consider being tattoo-less a BFOQ?

soonerboomer93
11/2/2010, 12:22 PM

It's just a fad of the trailer trash. It will pass, and those that caught up in the fad will be stuck forever.

ignorance is bliss and leroid is the happiest person on the board

Leroy Lizard
11/2/2010, 01:08 PM
Do you consider being tattoo-less a BFOQ?

BFOQ means?

ignorance is bliss and leroid is the happiest person on the board

So fill me in on the grand wisdom bestowed upon those that get tattoos. They're like Einsteins because....?

Chuck Bao
11/2/2010, 02:10 PM
I have four tattoos and regret none of them. First, I got "choke dee" or good luck in ancient stylized Thai tattooed on my left wrist because that time was really the pits just after the '97 Asian stock market crash. At that time brokerage firms were rapidly closing up shop and laying off everyone. Luckily, DBS (Government-owned Development Bank of Singapore) loved me and my team, and to keep us, they had to house us within a friendly brokerage house. That tattoo is great and I rub it to get extra special mojo.

Then, I have I heart Shaba on my right *** cheek. What can I say about that? I did have to prove it in a RLG (real life gathering) in San Francisco of hard core Survivor sleuthers and a woman followed me into the men's bathroom in the beer house to get the scoop of fans of that now very failed TV series of Survivor. Shaba has since changed her internet name and as far as I can tell completely dropped out. But whatever. I still like that tattoo on my *** check

I got two more tattoos. This is a cautionary tale: don't invite a tattoo artist to your party. Orgies are great but they are not permanent. I had whiskey shots after whiskey shots to get myself ready for the guy to stick a needle up my pee hole and then jab down for a ring to be installed. When I woke up from that horrible experience, he was tattooing barbed wire on my right bicep. I don't regret that but whatev.

GDC
11/4/2010, 12:38 PM

Some tattoos have cultural and/or religious significance. Then, there's this guy:

http://www.geekologie.com/2010/04/09/end-of-dinos.jpg

SoonerMustang
11/4/2010, 12:47 PM
This will be the next thing to be outlawed in Oklahoma. Freakin Baptists don't like anything except mooching beer at tailgates!

TUSooner
11/4/2010, 01:54 PM
Actually, a colleague has a few tatoos, though I have not seen them; her husband is a tattoo artist. She's very smart and good and all, but I think if she showed her tats (<== check the spelling on that) I might think somewhat less of her, at least subconciously. OK OK. I know tattoos do not make people bad or prove stupidity in all cases, but when I see lots of tattoos, I immediately think: drunk/stoned, impulsive, short-sighted, wasteful, needy of attention, insecure, inarticulate, and "Who TF are they supposed to impress?" Whatever.

She's also into burlesque, a thought I find "disturbing" in a TOTALLY different way. At least I would if I ever allowed myself to indulge in the thought. ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
11/4/2010, 01:57 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2375/2132631139_4fa054a7f9_o.jpg

So ol' Rammer Lammer is art now?

TUSooner
11/4/2010, 02:00 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2375/2132631139_4fa054a7f9_o.jpg

So ol' Rammer Lammer is art now?

...drunk/stoned, impulsive, short-sighted, wasteful, needy of attention, insecure, inarticulate, and "Who TF are they supposed to impress?" ;)

StoopTroup
11/4/2010, 02:56 PM
I might think you were dumb even if you didn't have a tattoo. ;)

Really....this statement should have taken the sting out of your original intent unless the ones that think that you think they are dumb enough to continue to argue with you continue to argue with you. :D

saucysoonergal
11/4/2010, 03:02 PM
So, what about permanent make up? That is a tattoo. Stupid? Yes? No?

StoopTroup
11/4/2010, 03:08 PM
Permanent and if the person who got it has lived a life of vanity...it's probably needed and not stupid. If it's because everyone else is doing it....it's hard to say.