PDA

View Full Version : ****ing Wilson!!

C&CDean
10/31/2010, 08:04 PM
That's the section I sat in Saturday night. Thanks to Lott's Bandana, I got some sweet tickets and sat somewhere around the 30 or so. Anyhow, the guy right in front of me was nothing but "**** you Wilson you prick!! You suck!!." I go "dude, Wilson rocks, you suck." He goes "no, watch, Wilson sucks." I go "I've been watching, and Wilson does not suck." Next play, Landry hooks up with Broyles for a whatever yard TD. I go "so, does Landry suck, or is it Wilson?" He goes "whatever dude." Every time OU scored after that I go "you suck Wilson!!" Dude just hung his pathetic head. As he should. WTF is wrong with some of our fans? Martin, I'm talking to you too.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/31/2010, 08:06 PM
you suck Dean

C&CDean
10/31/2010, 08:09 PM
Thank you. Thank you very much.

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 08:15 PM
BOOMER ! ! !

tulsaoilerfan
10/31/2010, 08:17 PM
****in Chuck Long

Scott D
10/31/2010, 08:26 PM
better yet. What good is yelling "You suck" at Wilson unless you've got a seat in I dunno.......the press box

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 08:27 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5L213Ip_Dg4/SOy47viFYZI/AAAAAAAABbI/DM24JeLlV3Y/s400/mr_wilson.jpg

sooner59
10/31/2010, 08:31 PM
ST sucks. :D

Soonermagik
10/31/2010, 08:35 PM
People had a legit gripe with Chuck 3rd and Long. Heck, he was even fired from San Diego State.

Kevin Wilson has done an amazing job. Yes, he has made some bad game plans i.e. against Florida. He kept trying to establish the run when the pass was killing them. Other than that, he's done a great job. He has done an amazing job with the offense like he always does. Some guys will never be happy, they want a touchdown on every drive.

I've said it before, but we have a lot of spoiled fans.

Breadburner
10/31/2010, 08:37 PM
Yup...Alot of spoiled tards.....

Scott D
10/31/2010, 08:37 PM
Wilson's gameplan problem against Florida is he tried using a Murray is healthy gameplan without a healthy Murray.

oumartin
10/31/2010, 08:40 PM
he hates the wrong Coordinator. What an idiot!!!

C&CDean
Wilson's gameplan problem against Florida is he tried using a Murray is healthy gameplan without a healthy Murray.

Well that, and he called a couple of 'Sam hit the receiver in the chest and they drop it and it gets intercepted' calls too. ****ing prick.

JLEW1818
Murray had a great game against Florida!!! ...

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 08:42 PM
Yup he had NO turnover - FACT!

oudavid1
10/31/2010, 08:48 PM
FIRE DEAN!!!!!!!

Soonermagik
10/31/2010, 08:52 PM
Well that, and he called a couple of 'Sam hit the receiver in the chest and they drop it and it gets intercepted' calls too. ****ing prick.

If I remember correctly he had several plays where they kept trying to run Chris Brown against a solid Florida D-line on the goal line. Instead, they were stuffed on multiple tries. That was the difference in the game, IMHO. Had they tried to throw in the redzone it likely would have turned the game.

In fact, I know several of the players, a TE in particular who was very upset they stopped throwing his way. This guy was destroying their secondary all game. I think a lot of coaches try so hard to be balanced. There are times i.e Florida who had a great run D, but a sketchy pass D. The throw was killing them. Oh well... that game is over. Wilson has done a great job. One game doesn't wreck what a guy has done over his entire career.

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 08:53 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41-ya4nbD3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

sooner59
10/31/2010, 09:03 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41-ya4nbD3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

FACT: This football can only be thrown as a flat pass. :D

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 09:04 PM

...or fake to the flat, followed by a homerun :pop:

soonerboy_odanorth
10/31/2010, 09:16 PM

No, I'm sorry, this is a law of gravity FAIL. Unless Landry really does have a "rocket arm" by which he can power a ball through the atmosphere on a true straight line, then the ball must be thrown as an arcing pass.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/31/2010, 09:35 PM
Okay, not to add and bash Wilson, but why did we not pull the Finch pitch off the motion play after we did it on the first play. It worked, looked good and I thought it was inventive. Actually, I have been waiting to see something like this since we have pull a motion guy in front of Landry.

Someone will mention Puffs had the corner covered, but it work once, at least give them something else to think of a couple of times...

Collier11
10/31/2010, 09:38 PM
If I remember correctly he had several plays where they kept trying to run Chris Brown against a solid Florida D-line on the goal line. Instead, they were stuffed on multiple tries. That was the difference in the game, IMHO. Had they tried to throw in the redzone it likely would have turned the game.

In fact, I know several of the players, a TE in particular who was very upset they stopped throwing his way. This guy was destroying their secondary all game. I think a lot of coaches try so hard to be balanced. There are times i.e Florida who had a great run D, but a sketchy pass D. The throw was killing them. Oh well... that game is over. Wilson has done a great job. One game doesn't wreck what a guy has done over his entire career.

well the play call on the goalline that got stuffed twice with Brown was actually a good play, problem is that one of our most reliable blockers twice missed his block

picasso
10/31/2010, 09:47 PM
Dean, reminds me of the lady next to the tix we got from you when TCU visited in 2008.:D

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 09:54 PM
Hawkins looked like he'd pretty much burned every brain cell he owned when he was walking to the visitor's locker room IMO

stoopified
10/31/2010, 10:07 PM
Even back in the '50's Bud had to deal with fans who weren't just satisfied with winning,you had to win BIG.A sports writer took calls from fans complaining because OU beat KSU by ONLY 21.His reply was HOW MUCH RICE CAN A CHINAMAN EAT? For a long time after that spoiled OU fans were referred to as Chinamen. I'm guessing there are still a lot around these days.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/31/2010, 10:14 PM
People had a legit gripe with Chuck 3rd and Long. Heck, he was even fired from San Diego State.

Snipped and bolded by me.

And that, my friends, is saying a LOT.

Leroy Lizard
10/31/2010, 10:40 PM
well the play call on the goalline that got stuffed twice with Brown was actually a good play, problem is that one of our most reliable blockers twice missed his block

If that isn't proof of KW's incompetence, what is?

Leroy Lizard
10/31/2010, 10:41 PM
Even back in the '50's Bud had to deal with fans who weren't just satisfied with winning,you had to win BIG.A sports writer took calls from fans complaining because OU beat KSU by ONLY 21.His reply was HOW MUCH RICE CAN A CHINAMAN EAT? For a long time after that spoiled OU fans were referred to as Chinamen. I'm guessing there are still a lot around these days.

Pretty sure that wasn't Bud who said that.

But I did find this:

One day in 1977, while reading the sports pages in the Kansas City Star, Roger came across an article that described the supporters of Oklahoma football as Chinamen. In the article, the head football coach referred to an upcoming game by saying, "We'll just give the Chinamen their rice." Not surprisingly, the Oklahoma fans were not happy with just winning games, but wanted to win by big margins. For a Sooner fan, the clichéd question, "How much rice can a Chinaman eat?" meant "How much of a margin of victory can an Oklahoma fan expect?"

Upon reading this, Roger wrote a letter to The University of Oklahoma President, protesting the use of the term Chinamen claiming that it was racist and tantamount to calling African Americans colored people. The letter went on to demand that the football coach apologize for his use of this term and promise not to use it again.

Three weeks after sending the letter, Roger received a personal call from the head coach. The coach told Roger he didn't know the term was racist and that Roger should not be so sensitive. "We don't have any of those kind of people around here anyway," he wrote and went on to disclaim any authorship of the cliché in question, blaming it all on Bud Wilkinson, the former University of Oklahoma coaching legend. Since the football team was not doing well that year, the coach launched into a short history of the wishbone offense and explained that this offensive strategy was causing him so much frustration that it made him say things unwittingly.

When Roger requested that the coach send him a letter stating his promise not to use the Chinamen expression again, the coach responded that he did not feel a letter was warranted because the phone call should suffice. Roger insisted and said he would protest directly to the University of Oklahoma President if the coach did not comply. The coach responded, "Hell, I'm calling from his office right now and he's listening to me talk on the phone. Okay, okay, I'll send a letter."

Approximately two weeks later, Roger received a letter from the coach. The letter - typed on stationery covered with football helmets, scores of past bowl game victories and the names of University of Oklahoma All-American football players and Heisman Trophy winners - essentially stated that he did not know the term Chinamen was racist.

I imagine the coach in the story is Switzer.

picasso
10/31/2010, 11:00 PM
Umm I think he was saying the sports writer said it.

Leroy Lizard
10/31/2010, 11:09 PM
My bad.

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 11:11 PM
Holy **** that gets old.

GKeeper316
10/31/2010, 11:22 PM

Kevin Wilson has done an amazing job. Yes, he has made some bad game plans i.e. against Florida. He kept trying to establish the run when the pass was killing them. Other than that, he's done a great job. He has done an amazing job with the offense like he always does. Some guys will never be happy, they want a touchdown on every drive.

we had a good game plan vs. florida. the only poor thing wilson did that whole game was trying to run chris brown to the right 3 times in a row on the 4. that was just plain dumb. but we didnt have a problem moving the ball, for the most part.

but it ain't wilson's fault manny let the ball bounce off his chest on the goal line. it also ain't wilson's fault florida's dbs were getting away with holds and interference all night.

PDXsooner
10/31/2010, 11:28 PM
I've never understood the infatuation with assistants. It seems when a team loses a game or goes through a slump, some people find it necessary to unload on the assistants.

The reality is, most (and I pretty much mean all) fans don't have a ****ing clue what the problem is. Maybe it's the head coach, maybe it's the players, maybe it's actually the other team playing well. But for a large quantity of jackasses, it's always the assistants fault.

Collier11
10/31/2010, 11:34 PM
yep

Leroy Lizard
10/31/2010, 11:42 PM
I've never understood the infatuation with assistants. It seems when a team loses a game or goes through a slump, some people find it necessary to unload on the assistants.

There is a reason for this:

Head Coach = popular.

Ergo, can't blame the head coach. If you blame the head coach and the losing continues, you have to call for his dismissal. But if he's popular, that ain't going to work.

Players = untouchable.

In college ball, you just can't replace them because there is no free agency and, deep down, you know the replacements are not as good.

Assistant coaches make the ideal scape goats.

The offensive coordinator is chastised more than anyone because fans think they know something about offensive play calling. Defensive play-calling requires a deeper understanding. Furthermore, from the fan's viewpoint break-downs on offense are more closely tied to the wrong play being called rather than play execution, whereas on defense it looks like the players simply didn't tackle or guard correctly.

So the OC is always going to take the brunt of the criticism. He calls a pass; he should have called a run. He calls a run; he should have called a pass. If the OC relies on the team's bread-and-butter, he is called "predictable." If he tries new wrinkles, he is accused of "getting away from what the team does best."

As an OC, you simply cannot win. Go to any team's message board and you will see the same tired criticisms. "My mother, who doesn't know anything about football, was even predicting the plays. And if a mother, who doesn't know anything about football, can predict the next play, you can bet the defense can too!!!" Who in here hasn't heard that phony-baloney, contrived story a million times by now?

Collier11
10/31/2010, 11:57 PM
A legitimate and solid post Leroy, congrats! I didnt know you had it in you

King Barry's Back
11/1/2010, 06:26 AM

Kevin Wilson has done an amazing job. Yes, he has made some bad game plans i.e. against Florida. He kept trying to establish the run when the pass was killing them. Other than that, he's done a great job. He has done an amazing job with the offense like he always does. Some guys will never be happy, they want a touchdown on every play.

FIFY.

oumartin
11/1/2010, 08:15 AM
LL is probably the best poster on the board Collier. You take that back!

OUmillenium
11/1/2010, 08:28 AM
I liked the opening play v Colorado.

I also liked how we kept going to the DeMarco screen on 1 drive when Colorado failed to cover it repeatedly.

At times Wilson is super. At other times he seems very vanilla/conservative but that is usually him setting up plays down the road. Problem is when we go 3 and out on the set up plays. Not an easy job.

Soonermagik
11/1/2010, 08:37 AM

Head Coach = popular.

Ergo, can't blame the head coach. If you blame the head coach and the losing continues, you have to call for his dismissal. But if he's popular, that ain't going to work.

Players = untouchable.

In college ball, you just can't replace them because there is no free agency and, deep down, you know the replacements are not as good.

The offensive coordinator is chastised more than anyone because fans think they know something about offensive play calling. Defensive play-calling requires a deeper understanding. Furthermore, from the fan's viewpoint break-downs on offense are more closely tied to the wrong play being called rather than play execution, whereas on defense it looks like the players simply didn't tackle or guard correctly.

So the OC is always going to take the brunt of the criticism. He calls a pass; he should have called a run. He calls a run; he should have called a pass. If the OC relies on the team's bread-and-butter, he is called "predictable." If he tries new wrinkles, he is accused of "getting away from what the team does best."

As an OC, you simply cannot win. Go to any team's message board and you will see the same tired criticisms. "My mother, who doesn't know anything about football, was even predicting the plays. And if a mother, who doesn't know anything about football, can predict the next play, you can bet the defense can too!!!" Who in here hasn't heard that phony-baloney, contrived story a million times by now?

This is a thread stopper. Very well said, sir. OC & DC coaches will make mistakes and bad calls. However, the second they do, someone is there calling for their heads. It gets old rather quick.

sooneron
11/1/2010, 08:55 AM
I thought that for the first Q and then some, we looked like teck c. 2003. All dinks and we couldn't run the ball. Sometimes, it does seem that Wilson is a little too enamored with himself and the game plan, as a whole. I thought that stretching their D out more earlier would have opened up more. Instead, we looked like a typical spread offense that has trouble scoring inside the 15. Which, we did. I realize a lot of it was to open up things more by getting their dbs to cheat up even more, but it was frustrating. If I had been at the game, I probably would not have been yelling at Wilson as its not my MO.

and it's 9:55 AM EST and :dean: still sucks! :D

ThinMan
11/1/2010, 09:10 AM
That's the section I sat in Saturday night. Thanks to Lott's Bandana, I got some sweet tickets and sat somewhere around the 30 or so. Anyhow, the guy right in front of me was nothing but "**** you Wilson you prick!! You suck!!." I go "dude, Wilson rocks, you suck." He goes "no, watch, Wilson sucks." I go "I've been watching, and Wilson does not suck." Next play, Landry hooks up with Broyles for a whatever yard TD. I go "so, does Landry suck, or is it Wilson?" He goes "whatever dude." Every time OU scored after that I go "you suck Wilson!!" Dude just hung his pathetic head. As he should. WTF is wrong with some of our fans? Martin, I'm talking to you too.

I'm not particular enamored with Wilson, but that is funny.

However you go, this is definitely more a FIRE BRENT year. Maybe next year will be more of a FIRE KEVIN year. Who knows?

Sooner Brewcrew
11/1/2010, 09:51 AM
Wilson does a pretty good job. I would like to see a few less bubble screens though.

goingoneight
11/1/2010, 11:44 AM
One of the things that started with Sam in 2008 is a LOT of shotgun-only series. I liked OU's offense a lot better when we weren't being all gimmicky with the wildcrap formations and the lame pistol formation. I understand why we run the bubble screens. When you have all-time greats like Murray and Broyles on the field, it works and works well. Honestly, if it's blocked well and churns the four to five yards a pop each time... why go away from it? Hell, nobody ever saw "imaginative" formations or "creativity" when guys like Lydell Carr were just bulldozing opposing defenses.

StoopTroup
11/1/2010, 11:46 AM
A legitimate and solid post Leroy, congrats! I didnt know you had it in you

Consistency is key here.

StoopTroup
11/1/2010, 11:48 AM
One of the things that started with Sam in 2008 is a LOT of shotgun-only series. I liked OU's offense a lot better when we weren't being all gimmicky with the wildcrap formations and the lame pistol formation. I understand why we run the bubble screens. When you have all-time greats like Murray and Broyles on the field, it works and works well. Honestly, if it's blocked well and churns the four to five yards a pop each time... why go away from it? Hell, nobody ever saw "imaginative" formations or "creativity" when guys like Lydell Carr were just bulldozing opposing defenses.

Definitely Landry does better in this offense. Is the little touch the ground before the snap his signature move now?

Collier11
11/1/2010, 11:48 AM
Wilson does a pretty good job. I would like to see a few less bubble screens though.

See, I would imagine you would like to see less because it isnt all that exciting to watch over and over, correct? Cus it certainly isnt due to the plays lack of success

Mississippi Sooner
11/1/2010, 11:50 AM
Definitely Landry does better in this offense. Is the little touch the ground before the snap his signature move now?

No way I could do Landry's job. If I get low enough to touch the ground, it takes me a while to get back up again.

PDXsooner
11/1/2010, 12:45 PM

Head Coach = popular.

Players = untouchable.

Well put.

btb916
11/1/2010, 12:58 PM

Those calls really p*ssed me off.

Scott D
11/1/2010, 02:18 PM
Another amusing one....the two most popular players on a team with "most "fans".

The backup QB and the backup Goalie.

Lott's Bandana
11/1/2010, 02:25 PM

Dude never said another word, even after You bailed at halftime.

Part time fan.

oumartin
11/1/2010, 02:38 PM
I dont' give a crap if you're talkin' to me. I love my team and I can speak my mind. I think you are a POS fan in your own right. You love being average.

If you dont' like it you know where you can stick it. Fair enough

What gets me about you Dean is you just love going after people with a different opinion than yours. I don't care if you have a different opinion. thats what makes the world go round big boy.

rainiersooner
11/1/2010, 02:51 PM

I've never understood the thinking behind those calls. Granted, I'm not an Xs and Os guy, but it just seems to me those play calls really put you behind the sticks.

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 03:04 PM
I dont' give a crap if you're talkin' to me. I love my team and I can speak my mind. I think you are a POS fan in your own right. You love being average.

If you dont' like it you know where you can stick it. Fair enough

What gets me about you Dean is you just love going after people with a different opinion than yours. I don't care if you have a different opinion. thats what makes the world go round big boy.

No marty, I go after you cause you're a whiney hater. You ragging out the coaches ad nauseum really doesn't do a damn thing to make the team better. It just makes other people think you're a ****ing *******. Every single one of the "fans" I encounter who do nothing but bitch on every bad play are losers. You can see it in their eyes. Their body language. Unhappy little people who bitch about everything because they have a ****ed up life, and they transfer their pathetic existence into everything they do - including their sports teams. We could go 14-0, and you're still gonna find a reason to whine/complain.

Average? Do you really know what that word means? K-State is average. Northwestern is average. OU is way above average.

Unlike you, instead of just immediately ragging out the coaches (when 90% of the time it's a lack of execution that has cost us games) I go back and watch the games over. I look at the history of these coaches. These coaches are VERY ****ing good, and only a moron would think otherwise. Do they win every game? Nope. But very damn few games have been lost due to poor coaching. A bad call now and then? Sure. But when you put your players in position to make a play - and the player screws the pooch - how the **** is that the coach's fault? Yeah, I know, put better players out there. Whatever.

Finally, you say you love your team. Really? That's how you show love? Sucks to be the people you love I'm thinking.

Scott D
11/1/2010, 03:05 PM
have we fired James Patton yet?

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 03:07 PM
Dude never said another word, even after You bailed at halftime.

Part time fan.

Well I had a tailgate to break down. We still didn't get home till after 2am. It would be nice to just be able to go to a football game and not have it consume an entire weekend.

oumartin
11/1/2010, 03:15 PM
lack of execution? wow, we must have the same players for the last 7 years then.

No, OU is average. Win at home. Lose on the road, just like half the other teams in college football.

I'm not gonna argue with someone as arrogant as you. You win.

Collier11
11/1/2010, 03:18 PM
Martin, go look up the top 20 teams in the country over the last 11 years and tell me how many have a better road record than OU...I dont know the answer but I bet its less than 5 or 6

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 03:18 PM
Oh. We didn't go 47-0 so we're average. I got it. I ain't gonna argue with someone who has standards that high.

jumperstop
11/1/2010, 03:19 PM
Well I had a tailgate to break down. We still didn't get home till after 2am. It would be nice to just be able to go to a football game and not have it consume an entire weekend.

Glad I live in Moore. Left an hour before, got home 45 min after the game ended. The rest of the day is spent watching on my nice TV at the house even though I do sometimes like to get out and tailgate. It's nice to be able to take a little early morning Big Ten suckitude game nap.

oumartin
11/1/2010, 03:23 PM
Oh. We didn't go 47-0 so we're average. I got it. I ain't gonna argue with someone who has standards that high.

then quit referencing me. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Lott's Bandana
11/1/2010, 03:24 PM

Me<----appropriately flambe'd.

Here I thought it was because you went back for more crab chili.

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 03:26 PM
You're just a poster child for what is wrong with our fan base. You've earned that distinction marty. I rag on Curly Bill too. You two should get together and start a glee club or something. You can call it the "V-haters."

SoonerNutt
11/1/2010, 04:12 PM
lack of execution? wow, we must have the same players for the last 7 years then.

No, OU is average. Win at home. Lose on the road, just like half the other teams in college football.

I'm not gonna argue with someone as arrogant as you. You win.

We all want more. We all want NCs. But using the term "average" to describe this last 7 years makes you either ignorant or dishonest.

SoonerNutt
11/1/2010, 04:48 PM
Martin, go look up the top 20 teams in the country over the last 11 years and tell me how many have a better road record than OU...I dont know the answer but I bet its less than 5 or 6

I didn't look at the top 20, but I looked at the last 5 Champs over the last 7 years (since that was the period we were apparently "average)

Road and neutral site count as road losses:

Bama 19 road losses / 14 home losses
Florida 13 road losses / 6 home losses
LSU 11 road losses / 8 home losses
***** 8 road losses / 4 home losses
USC 8 road losses / 3 home losses

OU 19 road losses / 1 home loss

Seems to me that everybody else doesn't win at home quite as easily as we seem to (duh). We have more road losses than most of those teams, but these *are* the last five champions.

StoopTroup
11/1/2010, 04:51 PM
****ING WILSON SCREWED THAT UP TOO

oumartin
11/1/2010, 04:53 PM
You're just a poster child for what is wrong with our fan base. You've earned that distinction marty. I rag on Curly Bill too. You two should get together and start a glee club or something. You can call it the "V-haters."

blah blah blah...

you know where you can take stick your opinion dean.

StoopTroup
11/1/2010, 05:05 PM
We all want more. We all want NCs. But using the term "average" to describe this last 7 years makes you either ignorant or dishonest.

It's way more than that....

Crazy is hearing voices, talking to cats, dating Paula Abdul....

He's not crazy...HE'S A VISIONARY!

Ummmmm....alright....he's bat-**** crazy.

Leroy Lizard
11/1/2010, 06:46 PM
No marty, I go after you cause you're a whiney hater. You ragging out the coaches ad nauseum really doesn't do a damn thing to make the team better. It just makes other people think you're a ****ing *******. Every single one of the "fans" I encounter who do nothing but bitch on every bad play are losers. You can see it in their eyes. Their body language. Unhappy little people who bitch about everything because they have a ****ed up life, and they transfer their pathetic existence into everything they do - including their sports teams. We could go 14-0, and you're still gonna find a reason to whine/complain.

I agree with everything except the last sentence. If we go 14-0 and win the national title, they are quite happy with the results, because that is what they live for. And because their life centers around OU football, they will let everyone within earshot know how great their team is and remind them how much the other teams suck.

Ever hear fans worry about going to work after a loss? I'm a huge OU fan and everyone where I work (including students) knows it. But when OU loses, I don't have to fear people tearing into me because I don't make a jackass out of myself over football. (I have other issues to fill that need.)

Now why is this relevant to this discussion? If I rip into others over OU's success, bad things await for me when OU loses. And so when OU loses, I think the team let me down. And when a team lets me down, someone needs to be held accountable. Someone is to blame for all the ridicule I am going to face at work.

My advice to those who suffer this problem: Center your life on your own accomplishments, not those of 20-year-old kids. The fact that Broyles scored a TD has no relevance on your life. OU winning does not make you a winner. Do you think the CEO of IBM bases his accomplishments around the success of Stanford football?

And if you don't have any accomplishments, get some!

EDIT: CEO of IBM attended Johns Hopkins. The fact that they don't have a major college football program didn't hold him back.

TXBOOMER
11/1/2010, 07:05 PM
What a stupid fu** to say that shat about Wilson while we are playing Colorado in Norman.

What is funny to me is Wilson's offense and Venables defense is approved by Bob. No point in hating.

sooner59
11/1/2010, 07:05 PM
Another solid post LL. Props.

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2010, 08:29 PM
And if you don't have any accomplishments, get some!

Does messageboard spek rating count as an accomplishment? :confused:

Post count?

Cornfed
11/1/2010, 08:48 PM

Well we did lose the game before and after that 47 game win streak , so yeah we suck.

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2010, 08:51 PM
http://www.logodesignworks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/castaway-wilson-ball-logo.jpg

DakotaSooner
11/1/2010, 08:59 PM
It does seem as though we run screens a little too excessively.....I realize we beat CU and most everyone played a good game, but at some time the middle has to open up a little more I would think. I don't care how we win, but eventually we are going to play a good defense that knows what is coming (like most of us that watch the games) and Murray is gonna get jacked up because of it.

soonercastor
11/1/2010, 09:03 PM
those eventually set up the fake to the flat that went for a TD. But yeah we ran it too many times; thought we would see them test some more plays like the one to start the game.

StoopTroup
11/1/2010, 09:06 PM
I think you should run it until they stop it. In other words....if you go 3 and out...change it up a bit. Playing CU at Home...you have the luxury of being able to screw around a bit especially when Landry can thread the needle all over the field too.

soonercastor
11/1/2010, 09:09 PM
I think you should run it until they stop it.

That play is PICK 6 prone :P

Cornfed
11/1/2010, 09:10 PM
No joke , if it goes for 6 to 15 yards an attempt why stop....lol

StoopTroup
11/1/2010, 09:14 PM
That play is PICK 6 prone :P

Not with landry throwing it. He is a God-like QB.

hawaii 5-0
11/1/2010, 09:20 PM
I was pizzed when Wilson called that flare to Murray again. Then he did it two more times.

How unimaginative......

But it worked. If they don't adjust and start covering him, why not? I saw Wilson's dumb mentality and was impressed. Dumb me.

5-0

DakotaSooner
11/1/2010, 09:22 PM
I totally agree with everyone that says, run it until they stop it...I just hope that the offense doesn't get so used to it that when we run into someone trying to stop it we don't keep going three and out, or give up a pick 6. I think Landry needs to work on his progressions and not just leave the huddle thinking that he IS going to throw to the running back swinging out. Then again I am not a quarterback or a coach, I am just a married guy sitting at home in South Dakota with nothing else to write about.

Oh yeah and one more thing to complain about...why is Kenney still playing? He is probably a nice kid and all, but the guy scares me everytime we throw his way.

Collier11
11/1/2010, 09:25 PM
Dont forget that Landry is still learning his progressions and reads, the guy is just a sophomore. He isnt Sam Bradford, seems simple but some of you fail to recognize that. Ive seen that KW has started giving him more and more plays to run as the season has gone on

hawaii 5-0
11/1/2010, 09:32 PM
Landry is getting that pump fake down pretty good. Broyles is also very good at selling the shorter route.

Luv it.

5-0

DakotaSooner
11/1/2010, 09:33 PM
That is a good point Collier....

pappy
11/1/2010, 09:38 PM
I didn't look at the top 20, but I looked at the last 5 Champs over the last 7 years (since that was the period we were apparently "average)

Road and neutral site count as road losses:

Bama 19 road losses / 14 home losses
Florida 13 road losses / 6 home losses
LSU 11 road losses / 8 home losses
***** 8 road losses / 4 home losses
USC 8 road losses / 3 home losses

OU 19 road losses / 1 home loss

Seems to me that everybody else doesn't win at home quite as easily as we seem to (duh). We have more road losses than most of those teams, but these *are* the last five champions.

According to espn Boise State has a home winning streak nearing 300 in a row right?

(note: making fun of espn not you.)

Cornfed
11/1/2010, 09:41 PM
Landry is getting that pump fake down pretty good. Broyles is also very good at selling the shorter route.

Luv it.

5-0

he also looked of a few routes and nailed the pass a few times this weekend.

soonercastor
11/1/2010, 09:44 PM
Oh yeah and one more thing to complain about...why is Kenney still playing? He is probably a nice kid and all, but the guy scares me everytime we throw his way.

well D. Miller is out for the season, Kenney and Franks have been filling in pretty well so far; yeah its scary but it appears that his hands have softened lol.

Collier11
11/1/2010, 09:45 PM
cus Kenney is a hell of a blocker

C&CDean
11/2/2010, 08:31 AM
I loved the block Stills threw on Broyles' last touchdown. De-****ing-cleater.

Having wideouts who can block is what makes the flat screen so successful. They miss their block, it's a 4-yard loss every damn time.

gaylordfan1
11/2/2010, 09:29 AM
I caught myself being curious why Stills has games where he catches a lot, and some where he hardly sees the ball thrown his way. The kid is def talented, I just thought he would have had a bigger game against CU. I know Broyles was all that was needed, but you would think with every team loading up on him Stills would be racking up the numbers.

THE-JROD
11/2/2010, 10:12 AM
Dont forget that Landry is still learning his progressions and reads, the guy is just a sophomore. He isnt Sam Bradford, seems simple but some of you fail to recognize that. Ive seen that KW has started giving him more and more plays to run as the season has gone on

He isnt?? Dam, i was fooled :D

SouthFortySooner
11/5/2010, 07:02 PM
People who sit in the stands and spout off about coaches are as bad as a preacher who preaches hell fire and brimstone at a funeral. They have a captive audience who could care less of their opine but are so full of themselves they truly believe they do.

Leroy Lizard
11/5/2010, 07:42 PM
People who sit in the stands and spout off about coaches are as bad as a preacher who preaches hell fire and brimstone at a funeral.

Fire and brimstone at a funeral? Not even my Pentecostal preacher did that.