PDA

View Full Version : Opening spread OU vs. A&M is only 6?

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 04:21 PM
Thats weird.

Im pretty sure there will be a lot of takers on that opening line!

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

batonrougesooner
10/31/2010, 04:24 PM
I think that's about right.

As we all know OU is nothing special on the road, this year or most recent years.

Plus they usually give us all we want in College Station.

I'd be happy with a one point win.

texaspokieokie
10/31/2010, 04:25 PM
aggies have new qb & are tuff @ home. OU not always that good on road.

JMHO

oudavid1
10/31/2010, 04:31 PM
They have a QB we have almost no tape on. And we are on el road with zee freshman

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 04:34 PM
aggies have new qb & are tuff @ home. OU not always that good on road.

JMHO

And they are also missing their RB, along with a new QB.

Just kind of a shocker to me.

Kind of expected I guess.

Leroy Lizard
10/31/2010, 04:35 PM
Would you put a lot of money on OU when playing on the road?

bluedogok
10/31/2010, 04:36 PM
They have a QB we have almost no tape on. And we are on el road with zee freshman
That has happened to us before with A&M......

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 04:37 PM

I woldnt put a lot of money on OU if they were playing a D2 school at home.

I make it a point not to place money on OU, period.

I think OU can pull this one out by more than 6 points. We shall see though.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/31/2010, 04:45 PM
We'll have to have some luck break our way to win any more than 2 of our remaining road games. I certainly don't think we get swept, but I don't think we have much a shot of sweeping either. And those last two now look very, very, difficult. I just think one of them is going to nick us, and it might be Baylor.

Keep in mind, Baylor has NEVER beaten OU. That's a whole bunch of years frustrations they'll be looking to unleash if they can get over both LoSuR-town and the Aggy. In that case they'll be 9-2 and we'll be walking into another snakepit much like Mizzou.

I guess what it boils down to is we have A&M in front of us, and we really need a solid road win NOW to get the guys some confidence for the last two.

oudavid1
10/31/2010, 04:48 PM
As a (hopefully)future coach, im always thinking of tape, if you dont have tape on a guy, especially one who is talented in Tanehill, its worrisome(i dont actually know what that word means).

Leroy Lizard
10/31/2010, 04:48 PM
I woldnt put a lot of money on OU if they were playing a D2 school at home.

I make it a point not to place money on OU, period.

I don't bet on sports, period. But you still see the point? A lot of people have lost money betting on OU when playing on the road. I'm surprised we're favored at all. (Well, maybe not.)

tulsaoilerfan
10/31/2010, 04:51 PM

Nope

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 04:51 PM
We'll have to have some luck break our way to win any more than 2 of our remaining road games. I certainly don't think we get swept, but I don't think we have much a shot of sweeping either. And those last two now look very, very, difficult. I just think one of them is going to nick us, and it might be Baylor.

Keep in mind, Baylor has NEVER beaten OU. That's a whole bunch of years frustrations they'll be looking to unleash if they can get over both LoSuR-town and the Aggy. In that case they'll be 9-2 and we'll be walking into another snakepit much like Mizzou.

I guess what it boils down to is we have A&M in front of us, and we really need a solid road win NOW to get the guys some confidence for the last two.

Baylor will be by far our toughest opponent on the road.

I think OU has at least a 85% chance of sweeping the road games.

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 04:53 PM
I don't bet on sports, period. But you still see the point? A lot of people have lost money betting on OU when playing on the road. I'm surprised we're favored at all. (Well, maybe not.)

OH i definitely see the point....but for any true sooner fan to bet on OU is just crazy...it puts way too much pressure on yourself as a fan hen wanting them to win.

Ill bet on other games, but rarely do. Betting on sports is stupid anyway.

Leroy Lizard
10/31/2010, 04:55 PM
OH i definitely see the point....but for any true sooner fan to bet on OU is just crazy...it puts way too much pressure on yourself as a fan hen wanting them to win.

Ill bet on other games, but rarely do. Betting on sports is stupid anyway.

Agreed. A friendly wager between friends is one thing. Anything else is a sign of a sickness.

oumartin
10/31/2010, 04:58 PM
getting out of College station with a win regardless is all I care about. It's a road game and we all know the history.

Rickety_Syd
10/31/2010, 05:06 PM
Baylor will be by far our toughest opponent on the road.

I think OU has at least a 85% chance of sweeping the road games.

85 percent? Wow.
Beating A&M, Baylor and OSU? I would put it more at 20 percent. A&M and Baylor are toss-ups and I think OSU is a loss.

This is a bad road team with a very suspect D.

texaspokieokie
10/31/2010, 05:06 PM
As a (hopefully)future coach, im always thinking of tape, if you dont have tape on a guy, especially one who is talented in Tanehill, its worrisome(i dont actually know what that word means).

don't you think they'll get tape from the atm/tech game ???

oumartin
10/31/2010, 05:09 PM
everyone on the internet is an expert. Gotta love it.

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 05:13 PM
85 percent? Wow.
Beating A&M, Baylor and OSU? I would put it more at 20 percent. A&M and Baylor are toss-ups and I think OSU is a loss.

This is a bad road team with a very suspect D.

We are 2-1 away from Norman. If OUcan play focused they can beat anyone and we all know that. We have only had 2 true road games and a neutral game. The only team that really scares me is OU. Which OU team will show up to play?

Not sure if you have watched many games, but Baylor lost toTexas Tech at home.

Texas A&M got murdered by Misouri at home. This game i kind of scary because they always play OU tough in College Station.

Oklahoma State got blasted by Nebraska at home.

The team (other than OU) that scres me the most is Baylor because of Robert Griffin III.

Rickety_Syd
10/31/2010, 05:25 PM
We are 2-1 away from Norman. If OUcan play focused they can beat anyone and we all know that. We have only had 2 true road games and a neutral game. The only team that really scares me is OU. Which OU team will show up to play?

Texas A&M got murdered by Misouri at home. This game i kind of scary because they always play OU tough in College Station.

Oklahoma State got blasted by Nebraska at home.

The team (other than OU) that scres me the most is Baylor because of Robert Griffin III.

Missouri winning at A&M, Tech winning at Baylor or Nebraska winning at OSU means very little to me. I know how OU plays away from Norman and they generally play like crap.

We've played three games away from Norman this year, so that's three road games. We really didn't look good in any of them. We beat an average Texas team after nearly giving it away and needed a lucky break to get by a bad Cincinnati team. Then, typically, we played our worst game of the season as the No. 1 team at Missouri.

Baylor will be a stiffer challenge than Texas and I think OSU is better than both. Baylor, OSU and A&M are all better than Cincy (and probably Texas).

I will be absoluetly shocked if we win all three of those road games.

TXBOOMER
10/31/2010, 05:32 PM
50% 50% like all bets. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Scott D
10/31/2010, 05:38 PM

they have plenty of tape on that QB....as a WR.

CowboyMRW
10/31/2010, 05:39 PM
For me personally, I just don't see why people keep saying that Baylor is real and a force to be reckoned with. I expect to win by 17+ this week and yall to win by 2 tds there whenever yall play.

I'm sure yall don't feel the same way but I for one am really hoping that both teams are 10-1 when yall come to Stillwater.

I like yall a whole lot better than the Texas schools. God they're so arrogant

soonervegas
10/31/2010, 05:58 PM
It would probably be about 10-14 if you just factored in just talent but once you factor in road game atmosphere and overvalued coordinating....then you get 6 points......and Vegas is probably still being generous.

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2010, 06:03 PM
I watched a couple of the aTm games including against Mizzou. What jumped out at me was that this would be a pretty decent team if they made one change - bench Jerrod Johnson. He had gotten to be such a head case that he was terrified to throw the ball. And even though he can be pretty mobile, he was afraid to do that too. He would just look and look and then finally just sit down when the rush got close. They have some decent skill players at WR and RB and their D against the run is pretty stout. Just a solid 2nd string QB who would manage the game would improve them a bunch. Sounds like they made the change (or Johnson got hurt). I haven't seen them with the new QB though.

Having said that, their pass defense is swiss cheese and that should play right to our strength if we are not skeer to take advantage of it. I was very happy to see us mixing in downfield throws with the short stuff yesterday, but that was against a weak CU team at home. I've given up hoping that what happens at home will mean anything on the road.

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 06:12 PM
Folks who don't gamble or bet who have an opinion about it are like aggies who thinks their Team is gonna kick OU's *** because their team is 7-1.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 06:35 PM
I was expecting -7.5
I would definitely jump on this, but I've stopped betting on OU games because when we won but didn't cover the spread I had mixed feelings. **** that.
I'm not particularly scared of this one for some reason, the last two however have me really concerned.

oudavid1
10/31/2010, 06:58 PM
I just think A&M has "an advantage" with a new QB, not a big one, but at least one. There WRs are probably the best overall group we will see, and they also have Von Miller.

.....But i think LJ has zero picks.

TahoeSOONER
10/31/2010, 07:03 PM
Easy money! The Baylor game worries me, though most road games worry me, but A&m with a new QB doesn't scare me as much.

Take OU!

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 07:05 PM
I was expecting -7.5
I would definitely jump on this, but I've stopped betting on OU games because when we won but didn't cover the spread I had mixed feelings. **** that.
I'm not particularly scared of this one for some reason, the last two however have me really concerned.

Lay it down! Make it dOUble. Bob will Cover this one.

bluedogok
10/31/2010, 07:06 PM
The Tech-Baylor game was at The Cotton Bowl a week after OU-Texas.

agoo758
10/31/2010, 07:06 PM
At home, I would put a grand on them easily for this spread.

On the road.....not a dime.

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 07:09 PM
The Tech-Baylor game was at The Cotton Bowl a week after OU-Texas.

Yeah, I found that after the fact.

Oh well, they still lost to that crappy tech team. :D

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 07:11 PM

Throw $100 then...you'll make it up when we play Tech. :D

bluedogok
10/31/2010, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I found that after the fact.

Oh well, they still lost to that crappy tech team. :D
That was my Tech wife's description of them after yesterdays game.

oudivesherpa
10/31/2010, 07:33 PM
I just looked on rivals.com and OU was only a 3 1/2 point favorite, not a 6 point favorite. Now if I hedge those two and OU wins by 5

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/odds

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 07:34 PM
This is a Road Game...we're doomed.

bent rider
10/31/2010, 08:50 PM

Prolly a few people lost money betting on OU at home vs Utah State and Air Force, too.

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 09:16 PM

If this game were in Norman you would give up more than 6.