View Full Version : Porcupine v Pitbull

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 02:08 PM
I wonder who won?

http://www.andreaharner.com/archives/PorcupinevsPitBull1.jpg

OhU1
10/31/2010, 04:17 PM
Ouch!
From the net - analysis: Apart from the fact that the poor pooch pictured above is incorrectly identified in the caption as a pit bull (she's actually a bull terrier), these pictures are authentic. They were originally posted by the dog's owner on a community message board on May 25, 2005. The terrier's name is Inca.

"Thousands of quills were embedded even in her tongue," her owner explained. "The vets worked for quite some time to get quills out and even still could not get them all. The one's that are left will work themselves out over time. Inca is home and on antibiotics and pain killers."

In a follow-up post dated July 13, Inca's owner reported that "she is just fine and has just the odd broken bit come out once in awhile. Other than that she is back to her old self."

Moral of the story: Dogs and porcupines don't mix.

Leroy Lizard
10/31/2010, 04:34 PM
I swear, pit bulls have the highest pain threshold of any living creature. I hit one with a car one time and broke a bunch of bones in its face, and the dog didn't even seem to give a ****.

AggieTool
10/31/2010, 11:12 PM
All Pitbulls and their variants should be destroyed on sight.:cool:

GKeeper316
10/31/2010, 11:17 PM
pit bulls are great dogs.

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 09:10 AM
a) Pit bulls ARE great dogs. Unfortunately, most of their owners are jackholes.

b) I'm convinced they do not have pain recepters. My brother had one who used to like to chase us in the river bed on the ATCs (old Honda 3-wheelers) and bite at the back tires. Anyhow, I'm going about 15mph or so and the stupid dog bites the back tire. His teeth get hung up, and it sucks his head up under the fender, and the back tire runs his head over, back through the fender, back over his head again, and he finally lets go. The fender damn near cut his ear off, he had sand impacted in his nose/mouth, blood everywhere, and as soon as I start riding, he starts wagging his tail and biting at the tire again. Eventually he popped the damn tire.

This dog jumped out of the pickup more than a few times - once at about 70mph. He was limping a little, but I think that was when I saw him rolling down the side of the highway, stopped, started backing up and the stupid dog jumped into the truck as I was backing up. He face-planted into the back window of the pickup, broke the glass, and was standing there panting, wagging his tail, all excited about going for a ride. No pain.

saucysoonergal
11/1/2010, 09:33 AM
Youse folks don't read so good. OhU1 said it was a bull terrier.

Leroy Lizard
11/1/2010, 11:24 AM
But we want to talk about pit bulls.

soonerbrat
11/1/2010, 11:53 AM
some yahoo at the dog park didnt' have his pit bulls leashed and when they drove past, they jumped out of the back of his pickup and attacked my rottweiler puppy....i kicked one of them and i think i broke its leg. I made a police report, but they wouldn't really do anything.

HBick
11/1/2010, 12:16 PM
Aren't they extremely territorial? I'm a retriever type of guy and one of my friends has a pit mix and it's a great dog, never had any problems, but that said, I wouldn't want my golden interacting with it in any way.

GKeeper316
11/1/2010, 06:58 PM
Aren't they extremely territorial? I'm a retriever type of guy and one of my friends has a pit mix and it's a great dog, never had any problems, but that said, I wouldn't want my golden interacting with it in any way.

less territorial than protective.

they like their owners and are very aggressive towards anything their owners perceive as a threat.

soonerinkaty
11/1/2010, 07:09 PM
Wonderful animals, and I have been attacked by one. Their athleticism is amazing and I love their zest for life. Makes me feel young again :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
11/1/2010, 07:12 PM
Wonderful animals, and I have been attacked by one. Their athleticism is amazing and I love their zest for life.

In other words, they want to have sex with every object within 20 feet of them, animate or not.

soonerinkaty
11/1/2010, 07:15 PM
turns me on tbh