20. Virginia Tech
21. Mississippi State
22. Baylor Miami (Fla.)
23. Nevada
24. Florida State
25. NC State

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 11:16 AM
Boy, wisconsin is getting a lot of love.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/31/2010, 11:17 AM
so, Auburn jumped Boise...

Nebraska didn't jump us..

kelloggOUballa
10/31/2010, 11:19 AM
If we win out, we have a shot to make it back to the top five, but with us being the top rated team in the Big 12 right now, that doesn't bode well for us in making the BCS Title Game. We needed Missouri to be undefeated and ranked in the top five heading into the Big 12 Title game.

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 11:21 AM
so, Auburn jumped Boise...

Nebraska didn't jump us..

SEC SEC SEC!!!!

Auburn is a joke of a team. They will be lucky to escape this season is 2 losses total (including bowl game)

However, Boise State is not a very good team.

I watched just the 3rd game for Boise this year...and in two of them, they could have very well lost.

That score against Louisiana Tech is misleading. La Tech had he ball 3 times inside the 10 yard line and came away with zero points.

Against Virginia Tech, they pulled one out of their asses.

Nevada will run up and down the field against Boise's defense, controlling the time of possession and game clock. Nevada will likely win that game.

Sabanball
10/31/2010, 11:22 AM
Looking more and more like it will end up being a Bama/Auburn vs. Oregon matchup in the title game. That is, if my Tide take care of business saturday in Baton Rouge, where we are 15-3-1 since 1970.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/31/2010, 11:23 AM
If we win out, we have a shot to make it back to the top five, but with us being the top rated team in the Big 12 right now, that doesn't bode well for us in making the BCS Title Game. We needed Missouri to be undefeated and ranked in the top five heading into the Big 12 Title game.

we need Mizzou, Nebraska, and Okie State to win out,
We play Oklahoma State a few days after thanksgiving.. they should be ranked about 15th.
Mizzou, our only loss, wins out, could be ranked about 10 in the final BCS rankings (their only loss being to Nebraska..)
Nebraska wins out, winning the North, setting up a top 8 or so match up with us.

that would be KILLER.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 11:23 AM

yeah they should seriously put us above the wisc-tOSU pack. Those two have been ranked next to each other ever since they played. Not too worried about the Big Ten though.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 11:24 AM
we need Mizzou, Nebraska, and Okie State to win out,
We play Oklahoma State a few days after thanksgiving.. they should be ranked about 15th.
Mizzou, our only loss, wins out, could be ranked about 10 in the final BCS rankings (their only loss being to Nebraska..)
Nebraska wins out, winning the North, setting up a top 8 or so match up with us.

that would be KILLER.

Baylor begs to differ :D

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 11:24 AM

:confused:

No we dont.

We win the South, means we will have beaten 2 top 25 opponents, OSU and Baylor, on the road. It means we would have beaten a total of 3 (add in FSU). We win the Big 12 Title, will have beaten a top 10 team in either Nebraska or Missouri.

OU is controlling their own destiny right now in the Big 12. The BCS, we cannot control, even if we were undefeated. However, we are sitting in a damn good spot.

We take care of business, we will be right near the top come the final BCS ranking.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/31/2010, 11:25 AM
Looking more and more like it will end up being a Bama/Auburn vs. Oregon matchup in the title game. That is, if my Tide take care of business saturday in Baton Rouge.

Unlikely. This is the time of year when crazy things start to happen.

I could be wrong though.

kelloggOUballa
10/31/2010, 11:28 AM
:confused:

No we dont.

We win the South, means we will have beaten 2 top 25 opponents, OSU and Baylor, on the road. It means we would have beaten a total of 3 (add in FSU). We win the Big 12 Title, will have beaten a top 10 team in either Nebraska or Missouri.

OU is controlling their own destiny right now in the Big 12. The BCS, we cannot control, even if we were undefeated. However, we are sitting in a damn good spot.

We take care of business, we will be right near the top come the final BCS ranking.

No doubt that we will be near the top, and our goal right now should be to win the Big 12 title because that will be a damn good accomplishment. I was just saying the making the No. 1 or 2 spot will be difficult. We just need to win out, then who knows?

Sabanball
Unlikely. This is the time of year when crazy things start to happen.

I could be wrong though.

Barring a major upset or us losing in Baton Rouge on saturday, I'd say the odds are pretty dang good.

Okie35

I assume its because although MSU beat Wisconsin, Wisconsin beat Iowa @ Iowa and MSU got slaughtered by them. That's also probably the reason why MSU was 5th to Mizzery's being 8th last week but Mizzery is now ahead of MSU. Wisconsin was also 9th last week to our 11th so I mean it makes sense for others to move up if they win just like we moved up 2 spots.

meoveryouxinfinity
yeah they should seriously put us above the wisc-tOSU pack. Those two have been ranked next to each other ever since they played. Not too worried about the Big Ten though.

Exactly. We only need to worry about the following schools:
Oregon
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Boise

We desperately need Oregon to lose. And then Alabama/Auburn/LSU will take care of itself for the most part. Boise is our last concern of the group. You keep seeing them be passed. One even lackluster performance and we could jump them late in the season...

meoveryouxinfinity
10/31/2010, 11:32 AM
Barring a major upset or us losing in Baton Rouge on saturday, I'd say the odds are pretty dang good.

I'm just saying that the chances of the Auburn/Alabama winning out and Oregon winning out is pretty slim.
I mean, they really have nothing to do with each other, but upsets happen around this time and there is usually a late-season shakeup.

Plus, why do you think going to LSU is a gimme? Didn't you lose to SC?

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 11:34 AM
Oregon
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Boise

We desperately need Oregon to lose. And then Alabama/Auburn/LSU will take care of itself for the most part. Boise is our last concern of the group. You keep seeing them be passed. One even lackluster performance and we could jump them late in the season...

No, we need to worry about ourselves...and no other school.

If it is meant to be, it will be.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 11:37 AM

thats what coaches do :D

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 11:38 AM
thats what coaches do :D

Exactly, we saw what happened when we got to #1. Our team bought into it.

Now we just need to worry about what our team does. We win, regardless Ill be happy.

If those other teams lose and open the way for OU, then it s only a bonus from here on out!

Okie35
10/31/2010, 11:38 AM

Yea thats my motto too but sometimes I can't help it.

Sabanball
10/31/2010, 11:39 AM
I'm just saying that the chances of the Auburn/Alabama winning out and Oregon winning out is pretty slim.
I mean, they really have nothing to do with each other, but upsets happen around this time and there is usually a late-season shakeup.

Go back and read my post. I said no such thing. LSU has a very good team and we will have to play our best game of the year to win. Anything is possible of course, but I'd say our chances are pretty good given the history of the series and the current amount of talent on both teams. I realize games are not played on paper and records aren't supposed to mean anything, but we historically have owned LSU in Baton Rouge (we are 15-3-1 against them there since 1970).

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 11:39 AM
Yea thats my motto too but sometimes I can't help it.

Neither can I.

:D

Lott's Bandana
10/31/2010, 11:40 AM

aTm
Tceh
SicEm
aggy
CCG

Fixed.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/31/2010, 11:44 AM

True, no amount of hoping, wishing, or even cheering can make Oregon or Boise lose. But just kinda throwing out there some games to watch.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/31/2010, 11:46 AM
Go back and read my post. I said no such thing. LSU has a very good team and we will have to play our best game of the year to win. Anything is possible of course, but I'd say our chances are pretty good given the history of the series and the current amount of talent on both teams. I realize games are not played on paper and records aren't supposed to mean anything, but we historically have owned LSU in Baton Rouge (we are 15-3-1 against them there since 1970).

I suppose. But that's kinda like me saying
Barring any major upset, and supposing we beat OSU, Oklahoma and Nebraska will play in the Big XII championship.

No ****, huh?

Sabanball
10/31/2010, 11:46 AM

Yup, just like you guys lost to Mizzou. And both of those things matter right now about as much as the price of tea in China.;)

I'm just glad my team is at least in a position this late in the season to even have a shot of getting to Glendale. Winning out is a tall order given our schedule, so we'll just have to see what happens. In the meantime, I see you guys finishing strong and winning the Big 12 championship.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 11:48 AM
the AP poll is out, and its quite different from the Coaches. Stanford (?) and Nebraska jumped us, while Mizzou and MSU went behind -2+2...so status quo at 11th in that poll. Good thing it doesnt matter.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/31/2010, 11:51 AM

Yup, just like you guys lost to Mizzou. And both of those things matter right now about as much as the price of tea in China.;)

I'm just glad my team is at least in a position this late in the season to even have a shot of getting to Glendale. Winning out is a tall order given our schedule, so we'll just have to see what happens. In the meantime, I see you guys finishing strong and winning the Big 12 championship.

I would agree. IMO, Alabama can go to BR and get a W, but it is pretty much a tossup right now.. same with the CCG
I think we have probably the toughest remaining schedule with @A&M, @Baylor, @OSU, Tech, and Mizzou or Neb in the CCG.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Sabanball;3017353]

I would agree. IMO, Alabama can go to BR and get a W, but it is pretty much a tossup right now.. same with the CCG
I think we have probably the toughest remaining schedule with @A&M, @Baylor, @OSU, Tech, and Mizzou or Neb in the CCG.

I hope LSU wins, but their offense is completely disgusting. They will have to win it with their defense.

misplacedsooner
10/31/2010, 12:09 PM
saw what auburn run game did to lsu. i dont see lsu stopping bamas run game either.

oumartin
10/31/2010, 12:20 PM
SEC SEC SEC!!!!

Auburn is a joke of a team. They will be lucky to escape this season is 2 losses total (including bowl game)

However, Boise State is not a very good team.

I watched just the 3rd game for Boise this year...and in two of them, they could have very well lost.

That score against Louisiana Tech is misleading. La Tech had he ball 3 times inside the 10 yard line and came away with zero points.

Against Virginia Tech, they pulled one out of their asses.

Nevada will run up and down the field against Boise's defense, controlling the time of possession and game clock. Nevada will likely win that game.

Yeah, and Oregon was gonna lose to USC too right.. Boise aint losing. TCU aint losing. Oregon aint losing and Auburn may only lose to Alabama but I highly doubt it.

oumartin
10/31/2010, 12:23 PM
Looking more and more like it will end up being a Bama/Auburn vs. Oregon matchup in the title game. That is, if my Tide take care of business saturday in Baton Rouge, where we are 15-3-1 since 1970.

Nothing against your boys from Bama but if they jump a non loss team , say tcu or Boise then it's a joke.

No one loss team should jump an undefeated non loss team in Div. 1 college football.

Bama can only do what bama can do and if they play for it all they do but it's a damn crime if they jump one of those teams.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/31/2010, 12:25 PM
Nothing against your boys from Bama but if they jump a non loss team , say tcu or Boise then it's a joke.

No one loss team should jump an undefeated non loss team in Div. 1 college football.

Bama can only do what bama can do and if they play for it all they do but it's a damn crime if they jump one of those teams.

start crying now because it's going to happen.

PrideTrombone
10/31/2010, 03:09 PM
I realize games are not played on paper and records aren't supposed to mean anything, but we historically have owned LSU in Baton Rouge (we are 15-3-1 against them there since 1970).

Yeah, but wasn't LSU ****ty that entire time up until around 2002?

gaylordfan1
10/31/2010, 03:17 PM
Don't you guys think TCU will jump Boise State if they can pull it out against Utah?

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah, and Oregon was gonna lose to USC too right.. Boise aint losing. TCU aint losing. Oregon aint losing and Auburn may only lose to Alabama but I highly doubt it.

I don't think I have picked USC to beat Oregon as a Lock.

Just like every other jackass here, I wanted USC to win and thought they had a shot, which they did until that INT by Barkley late in the 3rd qtr.

And since you are saying none of these teams are losing, care to give me next week's lottery numbers?

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 03:35 PM

Yeah, because all teams in D-1A or FBS is equal when it comes to thei schedules.

Nice perspective dip****.

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 03:36 PM
start crying now because it's going to happen.

Sounds like he already is. ;)

Collier11
10/31/2010, 03:36 PM
Being undefeated no more means that you are the better team than winning head to head does

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 04:13 PM

What if a one-loss OU jumped 'em? Would it be ok then? :rolleyes:

Sabanball
10/31/2010, 04:15 PM

Until Boise and/or TCU join a real conference and we we stop using computers as a component of the BCS rankings in the current system, get used to it. It will probably happen every season.

sendbaht
10/31/2010, 05:49 PM
Just saying...not giving up....but, if we keep winning, end up in the top 5 play Big 12 Champ game, win, play a BCS game, win and end up 3rd, I be proud as punch for OUr young team, no?

oufan1925
10/31/2010, 06:36 PM
OU is also #9 in the harris poll. Go Sooners.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 06:37 PM
nice, we should be 7th in the BCS then. We're an Oregon loss away from being back in contention

oumartin
10/31/2010, 06:39 PM
Boise can't help what conference their in. Nor can TCU. they can only play the games they have. Nobody wants to schedult Boise. When they do you stand a good chance of losing. Besides Boise is trying to move up into a better but still non bcs conference.

If a one loss OU teams jumped those teams I would not complain but it's still not right.

3rdgensooner
10/31/2010, 06:42 PM
I think many teams have tried to schedule Boise State.

MeMyself&Me
10/31/2010, 06:47 PM
Boise can't help what conference their in. Nor can TCU. they can only play the games they have. Nobody wants to schedult Boise. When they do you stand a good chance of losing. Besides Boise is trying to move up into a better but still non bcs conference.

If a one loss OU teams jumped those teams I would not complain but it's still not right.

If boise moved into FBS and thought they were going to compete for National titles when they made the move within even few decades, they naive. Really though, they made the move so they could make more money... and they are. Also, they don't have to be in the conference they're in. That's a choice.

I think many teams have tried to schedule Boise State.

This too.

oufan1925
10/31/2010, 06:48 PM
I think Auburn will get taken down by Bama, we need Alabama to stumble one more time along the way. BSU probably won't lose but the computers will put us ahead of a them even with us having one loss. Guessing we may play Oregon in the BCS if we don't lose any more games.

oumartin
10/31/2010, 07:01 PM
teams will only schedule Boise at home. Nobody will do home and home with them.

Dog em all you want. They beat OU, they have beaten other good football teams. They are just as deserving as anyone. As well as TCU. TCU throttled a team that OU barely beat.

I love OU but you people are so ate up it's funny

agoo758
10/31/2010, 07:04 PM

Dog em all you want. They beat OU, they have beaten other good football teams. They are just as deserving as anyone. As well as TCU. TCU throttled a team that OU barely beat.

Once Boise builds a bigger stadium and brings in more revenue to bring in top colleges, then they can whine for home and home.

oumartin
10/31/2010, 07:05 PM
excuses, excuses. They can beat anyone in the country.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 07:08 PM
well teams don't want to do home and home, because of MONEY mainly. Their stadium is a joke, color and size. Some teams have proposed 2 and 1 but they refuse to; they want to be treated like the big dogs but they're still asking for money. Yes they are a great OOC opponent, but why would a team from a major BCS conference schedule them, and pay them when they know it will be a competitive game? And with the BCS, one loss has you on the outside looking so why risk it with an OOC opponent?
So many factors, I believe an SEC team (Ole Miss ?) paid them $800,000 to play.
And btw the Fiesta Bowl win was almost 5 years ago. So stop bringing that point.

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 07:09 PM

That's like saying Mizzou should have beat the **** out of NU because not only did they beat OU...OU beat tejas and tejas beat NU.

Whet
10/31/2010, 07:10 PM
OU offered Boise a 2 for 1 deal and they rejected it.

3rdgensooner
10/31/2010, 07:11 PM
No. Google is your friend.

Tigeman
10/31/2010, 07:12 PM
They now want $1 mil to come play you

oufan1925
10/31/2010, 07:56 PM
Martin, my argument isn't if BSU is good enough to play for the national championship but that the computer won't rank them high enough in the end because of strength of schedule.

MeMyself&Me
10/31/2010, 09:27 PM
Martin, my argument isn't if BSU is good enough to play for the national championship but that the computer won't rank them high enough in the end because of strength of schedule.

Yeah, based on what they've done THIS season, do they deserve to be there.

If you say they do just because they are undefeated then all teams should concentrate on just scheduling patsies so they can go undefeated every year.

If you think who you played should matter, then that encourages teams to schedule appropriately if national championships is your goal... but people need to realize that's not what every program is after. Otherwise, there would be no new teams in FBS over the years and good players would never go to a non-AQ team.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/31/2010, 09:29 PM

They always do and then they stink up the joint against someone they should beat.

Collier11
10/31/2010, 09:34 PM
boise doesnt get home n homes against top 10 programs and they shouldnt, if they want to play the big boys then go out and take a 2 for 1, beat them, and you can have your 1 for 1

picasso
10/31/2010, 09:52 PM

You better do some more research on that one.

gaylordfan1
11/1/2010, 12:30 AM
How long ago was it that BSU turned down a 2 for 1 from Joe C.? I could be making this up, but I'm pretty sure I heard it somewhere.

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2010, 12:45 AM
Right after they beat us in the Fiesta I believe.

sooner59
11/1/2010, 01:07 AM
Nebraska turned down Boise this year after Boise jacked its price to $1 million. Nebraska said for that much we want a 2 for 1. Boise turned it down. Simple as that. Boise doesn't play people because they are unreasonable. Nebraska doesn't NEED to play Boise to be credible. Boise NEEDS a Nebraska-type team to play "more than once per year" to be credible. Maybe they COULD beat anyone in the nation, but OU or Bama could go undefeated with their schedule too. Boise would lose at least 1-3, maybe 4 games per year with either of their schedules. There is no equality in comparing how much a BCS AQ team in a big time conference compares with Boise. Undefeated Boise means take it with a grain of salt until they play an actual schedule. "All they can do is play their schedule." Cry me a tear. Life isn't fair. Cry for a playoff. That is something I can support.

Leroy Lizard
11/1/2010, 01:46 AM
Cry for a playoff. That is something I can support.

Won't fix the problem. Will only magnify it.

sooner59
11/1/2010, 03:25 AM
Won't fix the problem. Will only magnify it.

A playoff makes the problem worse? Ok. Expand. I am interested.

soonercastor
11/1/2010, 04:21 AM
A playoff makes the problem worse? Ok. Expand. I am interested.

well he's probably referring to the following questions all the people supporting a playoff system haven't come up with answers:

1) How many teams get in? what do we go by? rankings? conference champs?
lets say for this argument that its 8 teams
a) if you go by the rankings #9, #10 #11 could have a very strong case. Take a look at the current BCS standings for example, 9-15 would have a very strong case

b) If you go by conference champs+ at large, we all know how the ACC and Big East champs look...

2) How do you implement the extra two games over the Xmas break? where do they play those games? Traveling arrangements and so on.

I think the closest we will get to a playoff is a +1, I really don't see the playoffs being implemented anytime soon.

Collier11
11/1/2010, 11:03 AM
Castor, I created a thread about your very questions and proposed a playoff that deals with all of those. Im not going to rehash it or debate it any further as playoff/bcs debates are the worst.

Feel free to bump my old thread if you like though

THE-JROD
11/1/2010, 11:06 AM
Shouldnt you be working or somethin C11?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2010, 11:08 AM
playoff sucks and so do playoff scenario creators

Collier11
11/1/2010, 11:18 AM
Shouldnt you be working or somethin C11?

Have an appointment today at 12, its my 1st one

playoff sucks and so do playoff scenario creators

In the closet playoff guy ^

THE-JROD
11/1/2010, 11:24 AM
Have an appointment today at 12, its my 1st one

Oh i got ya...must be nice to not have to work till noon

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2010, 11:25 AM
don't fret it collier.....it happens to men other me sometimes

Collier11
11/1/2010, 11:26 AM
Some days, my week is pretty well split between days I have to be at work early and days I dont have to work til the afternoon, not too bad :D

THE-JROD
11/1/2010, 11:27 AM
Yup, sounds like the life to me :) especially when you add sooner and thunder games in there!!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2010, 11:28 AM
Ohhh a work appointment ;) ...Good luck with that "work" appointment..

Collier11
11/1/2010, 11:42 AM
do you want lotions or oils today STEP?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2010, 11:44 AM
I don't want anything..Im not happy with you

Collier11
11/1/2010, 11:46 AM
thats what the happy ending is for

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2010, 11:51 AM
I've been to all these football games and I've seen you once..hater

Collier11
11/1/2010, 11:59 AM
I wasnt able to go on Sat, my GF was feeling bad so we stayed home. On the 13th it is SO on, im bringing a buddy from Seattle and Jrod with me as well, freakin n00b

ThinMan
11/1/2010, 01:22 PM
Of those above us we are probably better than Wisconsin and Utah. All the others would be a big challenge. Not saying we couldn't beat any of them, but I feel good about this ranking.