PDA

View Full Version : Our best chances to move up next week...

The Maestro
10/31/2010, 07:47 AM
We should move up from 9 to 7 with the Missouri and Michigan State losses...hope the Tigers enjoyed their one week reign over OU.

Next week Auburn and Oregon roll...Oregon hosts Washington and Auburn hosts Chattanooga. And from what I have seen I don't think our defense would stand a chance against their offenses...of course, I also think our offense would go through their defenses like a dose of Ex Lax through a widow woman.

We know someone in front of us is losing...TCU is at Utah. So with a win being 6th is highly likely.

Hawaii is at Boise State. I know, I know...but Hawaii is about the second best team Boise will play the rest of the way. Not likely.

Also, Alabama is at LSU. I prefer Bama go ahead and lose cause we still need them to rally to beat Auburn as well.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 09:39 AM
yep we absolutely need Bama to lose again (not against Auburn), then beat Auburn.

OUEngr1990
10/31/2010, 09:43 AM
Bama needs to beat Auburn, then lose the ccg. I still think a 1 loss OU can move ahead of an unbeaten TCU and Boise.

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 09:56 AM
Bama needs to beat Auburn, then lose the ccg. I still think a 1 loss OU can move ahead of an unbeaten TCU and Boise.

Oklahoma is very very very close to Alabama. I would not be at all surprised if they jump Alabama this week...but doubt they will.

With that said, if Alabama wins out, and so does OU, the chacnes OU will be raned higher heading into the bowl season is very good. OU will have the tougher CCG opponent which will help in the final BCS ranking of the season.

tcrb
10/31/2010, 10:00 AM
This thread has alot of "cart before the horse".

hotshot13422
10/31/2010, 10:08 AM
We're predicted to go either 5th or 6th in the new BCS, so we'll actually move up 3 or 4 spots from last week

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 10:41 AM

If LSU beats Bammer and Bammer beats Auburn, what are we gonna do with an 11-1 LSU? If Oregon remains unbeaten....we're left OUt. I'd rather see Bammer in the title game than LSU.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 10:44 AM
If LSU beats Bammer and Bammer beats Auburn, what are we gonna do with an 11-1 LSU? If Oregon remains unbeaten....we're left OUt. I'd rather see Bammer in the title game than LSU.

LSU wouldn't be playing for the SECCG in that scenario, so they wouldn't be a factor, unless Auburn loses twice.

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 10:58 AM
I think it's safe to say that either Auburn, Oregon, or Alabama will win the MNC at this point. Anyone of those teams with (maybe) the exception of Alabama would *ss rape OU on a neutral field.

Our best case scenerio until we learn how to finish on the road, is a BCS revenge game with the Mr. Potato Heads or the Horn Frogs.

This team is too young and doesn't play well enough on the road to pose any threat to these other high caliber teams. However; being this good and young now should pay dividends next year and beyond.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/31/2010, 11:08 AM
1. Oregon
Washington
@Cal
Arizona
@Oregon State
Back to back weeks Arizona and Oregon State could trip them up.

2. Boise State
Hawaii
@Idaho
Fresno State
@Nevada
Utah State
This is the toughest stretch of their schedule, which is laughable. Boise most likely won't lose, but I still have trouble believing that they will play in the national championship.

3. Auburn
Chattanooga
Georgia
@ Alabama
Alabama is really the only legitimate chance for them to lose. And they probably will.

4. TCU
@ Utah
San Diego State
@New Mexico
TCU is not a threat. They will not play in a national championship unless the Big 10, Big XII, SEC, and Pac 10 champs have 2 losses.

5. Michigan State
Minnesota
Purdue
@Penn State
Obviously, MSU just lost so we really needn't worry about them either. I think it would actually benefit us to have them win out. (Taking/sharing the Big 10 championship over Ohio State).

6. Alabama
@LSU
Miss. St
Georgia State
Auburn
The LSU and Auburn games are tossups. Preferably they lose to LSU and beat Auburn.

7. Utah
TCU
@Notre Dame
@San Diego State
BYU
They will probably lose one if not two, but like I said about TCU.. it doesn't matter.

8. Missouri
@ Texas Tech
Kansas State
@Iowa State
Kansas
It would benefit us to have Mizzou win out. Or at least beat KSU and KU because they aren't on our schedule this year. But it really doesn't matter that much.

9. Wisconsin
@ Purdue
Indiana
@ Michigan
Northwestern
We preferably need Wisconsin to lose a game--Michigan. Also, the more they lose the worse the Buckeyes look. But it doesn't matter- we will jump a 1-loss Big 10 champ.

10. Ohio State
Penn State
@Iowa
Michigan
Could lose to Iowa. Best Big 10 scenario: Iowa wins/shares the crown.

11. US! woo win out !

12. Nebraska
@ Iowa State
Kansas
@Texas A&M
Colorado
Preferably they win out, sets up a match up for the Big XII championship.

13. LSU
Alabama
ULM
Ole Miss
@Arkansas
Beat Alabama, lose to Arkansas would be nice.

and we really don't need to worry about anyone lower than this!

illinisooner
10/31/2010, 11:08 AM
I think it's safe to say that either Auburn, Oregon, or Alabama will win the MNC at this point. Anyone of those teams with (maybe) the exception of Alabama would *ss rape OU on a neutral field.

Our best case scenerio until we learn how to finish on the road, is a BCS revenge game with the Mr. Potato Heads or the Horn Frogs.

This team is too young and doesn't play well enough on the road to pose any threat to these other high caliber teams. However; being this good and young now should pay dividends next year and beyond.

Correct. Well said, sir.

TahoeSOONER
10/31/2010, 11:33 AM
I don't care if you're young or have road problems. I'll take a shot at the best for the crown any day and I'll put this team up against any on any given day. We have weaknesses but so do other teams. Our best case scenario is and always will be playing for CHAMPIONSHIPS.

This is Oklahoma football people.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/31/2010, 12:24 PM
I don't care if you're young or have road problems. I'll take a shot at the best for the crown any day and I'll put this team up against any on any given day. We have weaknesses but so do other teams. Our best case scenario is and always will be playing for CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Exactly. If you have that line of logic, why don't we lose to OSU so we can go play in the Cotton Bowl and hang half a hundred on some poor team! WOO! COTTON BOWL CHAMPS 2011!!!!

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 02:07 PM

Yes, it is, but, it's also reality.

Should OU win the south and lose in the CCG and LSU wins out.....couldn't we have a possible rematch with the Tigers in the Super Dome?

Okie35
10/31/2010, 02:30 PM
We're predicted to go either 5th or 6th in the new BCS, so we'll actually move up 3 or 4 spots from last week

I saw we were projected 7th but I think it will probably be 6th.

soonerbub
10/31/2010, 02:31 PM
Best case w sec is the gators beating the west champ

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 06:14 PM

Its also called blind homerism. Going to a MNC is only meaningful if you win, and there is no way in hell OU could handle Oregon or Auburn on the road.

We need a good solid CCG game win and a good BCS bowl win to build on for next year.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 06:14 PM
Yes, it is, but, it's also reality.

Should OU win the south and lose in the CCG and LSU wins out.....couldn't we have a possible rematch with the Tigers in the Super Dome?

Not if the team that we don't play in the CCG (Nebraska/Mizzou) has one loss only, then we'd be looking at the Cotton Bowl.

TahoeSOONER
10/31/2010, 07:16 PM
Its also called blind homerism. Going to a MNC is only meaningful if you win, and there is no way in hell OU could handle Oregon or Auburn on the road.

We need a good solid CCG game win and a good BCS bowl win to build on for next year.

Blind homerism? I call it faith! Auburn gives up 30 plus to Ole Miss? Oregon gives up 30 plus to SC? Boise plays who? If you want to tuck tail go be a poke. I'm about playing for Championships and I'd put this team up against anyone not running a five wide WR set, just kidding, bring on the world! Any given day!

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 07:27 PM
Blind homerism? I call it faith! Auburn gives up 30 plus to Ole Miss? Oregon gives up 30 plus to SC? Boise plays who? If you want to tuck tail go be a poke. I'm about playing for Championships and I'd put this team up against anyone not running a five wide WR set, just kidding, bring on the world! Any given day!

Auburn gave up two trash td's in the fourth, and Oregon goose-egged USC in the fourth.

Keep dreaming, noobie.

TahoeSOONER
10/31/2010, 07:34 PM
Noobie? I've been to every BCS bowl game and multiple Nat'l championships win and lose.

Nobbies talk about **** they don't know **** about so suck my noobie dick slapdick.

If you don't want a shot at the best then go whack off to your girlfriend

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 07:37 PM
Noobie? I've been to every BCS bowl game and multiple Nat'l championships win and lose.

Nobbies talk about **** they don't know **** about so suck my noobie dick slapdick.

If you don't want a shot at the best then go whack off to your girlfriend

Nice, are your kids writing your material for you?

tcrb
10/31/2010, 07:38 PM

Dude, this post is full of aggie "Loser Attitude". You give up the game before it's even played, and hope to "build for next year".

Sure, this team might lose to alot of teams on any given day...on a neutral field, away, or even at home. But they could also wipe the field with any team in the nation as well if they bring their A game.

But it's pathetic to take a teabag at the thought of OUr team playing in the NC game. The hell with next year....this is NOW, and OUr boys cant win a NC unless they play for it.

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 07:43 PM
Dude, this post is full of aggie "Loser Attitude". You give up the game before it's even played, and hope to "build for next year".

Sure, this team might lose to alot of teams on any given day...on a neutral field, away, or even at home. But they could also wipe the field with any team in the nation as well if they bring their A game.

But it's pathetic to take a teabag at the thought of OUr team playing in the NC game. The hell with next year....this is NOW, and OUr boys cant win a NC unless they play for it.

It's reality and a tough pill to swallow. If OU played against Oregon or Auburn, Stoops would be 2-6 in BCS bowl games and contimue to carry the moniker of "can't win the big games bob." Fans would want coaches fired, blame the players, wash rinse repeat.

This team isn't good enough yet, it is what it is.

TahoeSOONER
10/31/2010, 07:44 PM
Nice, are your kids writing your material for you?

My 5 year old boy has more heart than you. Point is, you can believe and linem up for Championships and win half the time or go play in Sun Bowls and be the better team. You can't win Championships if you don't play in them. Football is a game of matchups and if can win this conference and beat a good bugeaters team then we can beat a similar style Oregon team, or hopefully Boise.

I'm not here to call you names fellow Sooner but you need to sack up and believe in your team.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 07:48 PM
It's reality and a tough pill to swallow. If OU played against Oregon or Auburn, Stoops would be 2-6 in BCS bowl games and contimue to carry the moniker of "can't win the big games bob." Fans would want coaches fired, blame the players, wash rinse repeat.

This team isn't good enough yet, it is what it is.

there was an interesting question here a few weeks ago.

Would you rather have a GUARANTEED Fiesta bowl win or play in the MNC?

Your answer suggests that you would take the Fiesta Bowl win, correct me if I'm wrong.

And that would be pretty ridiculous, we play for Championships nor for BCS wins.

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 07:50 PM
My 5 year old boy has more heart than you. Point is, you can believe and linem up for Championships and win half the time or go play in Sun Bowls and be the better team. You can't win Championships if you don't play in them. Football is a game of matchups and if can win this conference and beat a good bugeaters team then we can beat a similar style Oregon team, or hopefully Boise.

I'm not here to call you names fellow Sooner but you need to sack up and believe in your team.

Our team is young and struggles on the road. We're gonna have problems with the next three road games, watch. Be glad we didn't play last year's Cincy team or we'd be 1-2 on the road up until now.

It's not about heart, faith, or belief. It's about being honest and seeing it for what it is.

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 07:54 PM
there was an interesting question here a few weeks ago.

Would you rather have a GUARANTEED Fiesta bowl win or play in the MNC?

Your answer suggests that you would take the Fiesta Bowl win, correct me if I'm wrong.

And that would be pretty ridiculous, we play for Championships nor for BCS wins.

So let's see, in order to win a BCS bowl you would first have to win the CCG, right?

So that's one CCG win and one BCS win? Yeah, with this team and the way they play on the road? Absolutely.

tcrb
10/31/2010, 07:56 PM
It's not about heart, faith, or belief. It's about having a loser attitude and giving up before you hit the field.

fify, aggie. You need to go put on something orange and look at yourself in the mirror...that will be reality.

TahoeSOONER
10/31/2010, 08:00 PM
I was in Columbia and I know of our road struggles but I'll take this team against anyone on a nuetral field. Easy question, would you rather win a BCS game or have a chance at a title. Say beat Pitt in the Fiesta or have a shot at a title vs. Oregon? I'm for lining up and seeing if you can matchup with the best! Playing for Championships! You call it homerism, I call it faith.

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 08:13 PM
I was in Columbia and I know of our road struggles but I'll take this team against anyone on a nuetral field. Easy question, would you rather win a BCS game or have a chance at a title. Say beat Pitt in the Fiesta or have a shot at a title vs. Oregon? I'm for lining up and seeing if you can matchup with the best! Playing for Championships! You call it homerism, I call it faith.

That'd be like saying would you rather pocket $500,000 or roll the dice for 1 million?

Based on this team's performance, I'd take a win over Nebbish in the CCG and a win over Boise in the Fiesta, rather than a mauling in a MNC with Oregon or Auburn. But that's just me, and I know we would lose that game.

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 08:14 PM
fify, aggie. You need to go put on something orange and look at yourself in the mirror...that will be reality.

First off, it's aggy with a (y) not "aggie." Secondly, WTF ever, noob.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 08:17 PM
That'd be like saying would you rather pocket $500,000 or roll the dice for 1 million?

except I dont think BCS = 1/2 MNC

tulsaoilerfan
10/31/2010, 08:18 PM

Amen; we need to worry about our next 4 games and not worry about what other teams do; IF we can win out, i could see us being in the hunt cause i'm sure others in front of us will lose

TahoeSOONER
10/31/2010, 08:18 PM

Based on this team's performance, I'd take a win over Nebbish in the CCG and a win over Boise in the Fiesta, rather than a mauling in a MNC with Oregon or Auburn. But that's just me, and I know we would lose that game.

No offense bro but you don't know a god damn thing if you think we'd get rolled on a neutral field for a Championship.

Have your opinion and be sure to stand up when you take a leak.

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 08:26 PM
No offense bro but you don't know a god damn thing if you think we'd get rolled on a neutral field for a Championship.

Have your opinion and be sure to stand up when you take a leak.

You must have missed that sha-lacking Oregon gave USC or what Nebraska did against Mizzou. Did you happen to catch our first game of the season by chance? Or the close call in Cincy? Or the close game at home with AF?

Nevermind though, I don't know a god damn thing. My bad.

tcrb
10/31/2010, 08:31 PM
First off, it's aggy with a (y) not "aggie." Secondly, WTF ever, noob.

In your case it's spelled with an ie (feminine). Now, maybe you'd like to run on over to shaggybevo or orangepower...I hear their bandwagon has lots of openings and your attitude should fit right in.

Oh, yeah, the 'noob" comment....nice comeback. Did your kids give you that one?

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 08:37 PM
In your case it's spelled with an ie (feminine). Now, maybe you'd like to run on over to shaggybevo or orangepower...I hear their bandwagon has lots of openings and your attitude should fit right in.

Oh, yeah, the 'noob" comment....nice comeback. Did your kids give you that one?

No, it's a pretty common word around here, and you should know that, but that would require you pulling your head up out of your *ss long enough to read it on your monitor.

tcrb
10/31/2010, 08:43 PM
No, it's a pretty common word around here, and you should know that, but that would require you pulling your head up out of your *ss long enough to read it on your monitor.

When I get another 13,000 post count will I lose my balls like you? And since you're so big on correct spelling and all, it's n00b. Spell it right, Nancy.

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2010, 08:45 PM
It isn't aggy or anything else to try to be objective about your favorite teams' capabilities. And it don't mean squat what you think whether you're a homer or a doomer when it comes to the outcome of the game. It might alter the outcome of your wallet if you wager on such things. Reasonable people could hold a debate on how good their team is without resorting to personal attacks.

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 08:51 PM
When I get another 13,000 post count will I lose my balls like you? And since you're so big on correct spelling and all, it's n00b. Spell it right, Nancy.

Pretty sure you were born with no sack, so don't get your curtains in a knot about the 13,000 post thingy.

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 08:55 PM

Dude, I'm not gonna get into a name-callin' cyber fight with you, but, if you believe this.....you are setting yourself up for disappointment. If someone could gauarantee that OU would play in the BCS Title game for the next five seasons BUT LOSE THEM ALL............I'll take it. That would mean that we, more than likely, won 11-13 games on our way to another conference title. It was once said, "It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all."

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 08:57 PM
It isn't aggy or anything else to try to be objective about your favorite teams' capabilities. And it don't mean squat what you think whether you're a homer or a doomer when it comes to the outcome of the game. It might alter the outcome of your wallet if you wager on such things. Reasonable people could hold a debate on how good their team is without resorting to personal attacks.

Exactly. I'm not being a doomer at all, I just thought that before the season started we were going to be a 10-2 or worst case 9-3 for the season, and I still think that. Hopefully I'm wrong, no biggie.

tcrb
10/31/2010, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure you were born with no sack, so don't get your curtains in a knot about the 13,000 post thingy.

Good one....do you have to stop posting when your kids go to bed?

You can give up on this team if that's what you want to do....that will be your reality. But the real reality is, they only have one loss and could beat any team in the nation if they play their best.

I'm done with this thread.

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 09:02 PM
Dude, I'm not gonna get into a name-callin' cyber fight with you, but, if you believe this.....you are setting yourself up for disappointment. If someone could gauarantee that OU would play in the BCS Title game for the next five seasons BUT LOSE THEM ALL............I'll take it. That would mean that we, more than likely, won 11-13 games on our way to another conference title. It was once said, "It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all."

Sorry, but second place is a moral victory. Remember, you can win BCS games that are not MNC and still have the CCG to go with it, and I'd take that any day over five losses in the MNC. This team has had enough BCS losses already. Would you REALLY want to see Stoops at 2-10 in BCS games?

I wouldn't.

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 09:06 PM
Sorry, but second place is a moral victory. Remember, you can win BCS games that are not MNC and still have the CCG to go with it, and I'd take that any day over five losses in the MNC. This team has had enough BCS losses already. Would you REALLY want to see Stoops at 2-10 in BCS games?

I wouldn't.

I would rather lose the national title game than win a second tier bowl like the Cotton.

TahoeSOONER
10/31/2010, 10:09 PM

I wouldn't.

Moral victories are far better than conceding a loss before you even play or step on the field. It's a defeatest attitude and shows very little testicular fortitude or character. I don't need 14,000 post to know you know very little about the game whether you watched the early games or not. Go watch ice skating with your wife and be a judge.

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 10:18 PM
KC//CRIMSON, you would rather play against a 14-point underdog in the Cotton Bowl than against a two touchdown favorite in the national title game?
I'm not claiming that this would be the spread in either case this year.....just wonderin'. :confused:

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2010, 10:55 PM
Would you rather your team go to the final with outcome unknown or a lesser bowl with a guaranteed win?

ANSWER: stupid question! you don't get a choice. You go the bowl you get invited to (hopefully earned) and you do your best to win. No guaranteed outcomes, sorry. Yes, you could lose the Cotton or any other bowl.

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 10:58 PM
Would you rather your team go to the final with outcome unknown or a lesser bowl with a guaranteed win?

ANSWER: stupid question! you don't get a choice. You go the bowl you get invited to (hopefully earned) and you do your best to win. No guaranteed outcomes, sorry. Yes, you could lose the Cotton or any other bowl.

You talkin' to me? :confused:

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2010, 11:04 PM
You talkin' to me? :confused:

I'm talking to anyone who would resort to name calling fellow sooner fans over a stupid, hypothetical question. But hey, that's so much fun - have at it.

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 11:12 PM
I'm talking to anyone who would resort to name calling fellow sooner fans over a stupid, hypothetical question. But hey, that's so much fun - have at it.

I haven't called anyone a "name". And, yes, this is hypothetical. I would much rather go for the gold than settle for something less....even tho it appeared my chances aren't as great. You know what they say about opinions......;)

TahoeSOONER
10/31/2010, 11:17 PM

The dude started name calling so it is what it is. I'm not one to start arguing with fellow Sooner fans but when you concede defeat before playing and you start name calling then you open yourself up to what you put into the conversation.

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2010, 11:24 PM
I haven't called anyone a "name". And, yes, this is hypothetical. I would much rather go for the gold than settle for something less....even tho it appeared my chances aren't as great. You know what they say about opinions......;)

Then my reference wasn't for you. I saw noob, aggy (aggie), sackless and various forms of manhood attacks, and loser all flash by on my screen. I guess you're all bored.

Eddie Money
10/31/2010, 11:27 PM

^this

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2010, 11:29 PM
The dude started name calling so it is what it is. I'm not one to start arguing with fellow Sooner fans but when you concede defeat before playing and you start name calling then you open yourself up to what you put into the conversation.

Nobody conceded defeat because no one here has any say - sorry to break it to you. I have every reason to believe the team will do whatever they can to win every game they play. The rest is just trying to predict what might transpire.

SoonerNate
10/31/2010, 11:30 PM
We win big and fall all because of Florida effin State.

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 11:45 PM
We win big and fall all because of Florida effin State.

Ponder is a friggin' joke.

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 11:47 PM
Then my reference wasn't for you. I saw noob, aggy (aggie), sackless and various forms of manhood attacks, and loser all flash by on my screen. I guess you're all bored.

Yeah, I saw that, too. :eek:

TahoeSOONER
10/31/2010, 11:48 PM
Nobody conceded defeat because no one here has any say - sorry to break it to you. I have every reason to believe the team will do whatever they can to win every game they play. The rest is just trying to predict what might transpire.

When you climb down from your high horse and take time to read the conversation you'll read the guy said he didn't want OU to play in a National title game against Oregon or Auburn because OU would be *** raped.

I appreciate you clearing things up about the difference between conceding defeat and predictions because I thought for sure our hopes were in the hands of the gutless that didn't even want us in the game in the first place.

You must have stayed in a holiday inn last night with all this insight.

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 11:53 PM
When you climb down from your high horse and take time to read the conversation you'll read the guy said we he didn't want OU to play in a National title game against Oregon or Auburn because OU would be *** raped.

I appreciate you clearing things up about the difference between conceding defeat and predictions because I thought for sure our hopes were in the hands of a the gutless that didn't even want us in the game in the first place.

You must have stayed in a holiday inn last night with all this insight.

Well, at least you didn't call him a "name"......although I feel as though you have somethin' in mind. :rolleyes:

TahoeSOONER
11/1/2010, 12:02 AM
Happy Halloween! I'm dressing up as big ole' scary Cam Newton or a Blur offensive duckling to keep all the Sooners out of the title game. It's not working!!!!

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2010, 12:36 AM
When you climb down from your high horse and take time to read the conversation you'll read the guy said he didn't want OU to play in a National title game against Oregon or Auburn because OU would be *** raped.

I read what the guy said he wanted. I figure you could take that to Starbucks and you would still need another 4 dollars if you wanted some coffee. I see nothing wrong with saying you don't believe this year is that caliber - they have certainly given plenty of reasons to doubt it. But I don't see the BCS title game on our schedule right now. If it were to work out that way, it would mean the team starting clicking and did some things they have yet to prove they could do. It wouldn't really be today's team - it would be a better version and they should be able to compete with anyone. If the guy's right about the current top teams being that much better, we'll get weeded out beforehand.

TahoeSOONER
11/1/2010, 01:06 AM
I read what the guy said he wanted. I figure you could take that to Starbucks and you would still need another 4 dollars if you wanted some coffee. I see nothing wrong with saying you don't believe this year is that caliber - they have certainly given plenty of reasons to doubt it. But I don't see the BCS title game on our schedule right now. If it were to work out that way, it would mean the team starting clicking and did some things they have yet to prove they could do. It wouldn't really be today's team - it would be a better version and they should be able to compete with anyone. If the guy's right about the current top teams being that much better, we'll get weeded out beforehand.

I don't think anything is wrong with saying we don't have a Championship caliber team but to say we'd get *** raped by two teams that have given up forty points to weaker offensive teams than OU and conceding defeat on a Sooner board is just plain weak. Then to call me a homer and a noobie opened him up for smack talk. Personally I think if teams don't spread OU out to the extreme of five wide sets at WR we can match up with anyone in the Country. I know we can score on average defenses and I'd never concede a defeat or not want to play for Championships.

Auburn and Oregon look dangerous and they would be tough but they have still got games to play, as do our Sooners.

KC//CRIMSON
11/1/2010, 07:19 AM
Happy Halloween! I'm dressing up as big ole' scary Cam Newton or a Blur offensive duckling to keep all the Sooners out of the title game. It's not working!!!!

Funny, I thought you'd dress up like a giant dick.

The Maestro
11/1/2010, 08:53 AM
Wow, this thread got highjacked...

This escalated quickly...who has the trident?

TahoeSOONER
11/1/2010, 09:50 AM
Funny, I thought you'd dress up like a giant dick.

Funny, you play the role of a whispering eye well.:D

I don't want to play for championships, I'm
scared of all things difficult. Don't coach please, for the sake of the children.

Iam4OUru
11/1/2010, 09:59 AM
OU (12-1)
Bammer (12-1) -3
OU (12-1)
Auburn (13-0) -4
OU (12-1)
Oregon (12-0) -3

I'll take it!

KC//CRIMSON
11/6/2010, 07:41 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kg-ikJc_YJ8/SuVTXae2w9I/AAAAAAAAAms/kOS5TyudSDA/s320/simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif

TahoeSOONER
11/7/2010, 12:13 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kg-ikJc_YJ8/SuVTXae2w9I/AAAAAAAAAms/kOS5TyudSDA/s320/simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif

Parity, KC, parity.

OU has plenty of weaknesses, offensive tackle and dline, but what you're seeing is that a lot of teams can beat a lot of teams "on any given day".

I'm not running from the fact that OU can beat anyone in the country on any given day and I'd rather line them up and try than tuck tail and be a poke.

Point, laugh all you want but that want change the fact that you run from things that are difficult. I'd rather play Sooner football and linem up because there's parity in all of CFB and anyone can win on any given day.

BOOMER!